Start by marking “Static (The Luminaries #2)” as Want to Read:
Static (The Luminaries #2)

Static

(The Luminaries #2)

Kevin Pierce is a teleporter, a ladies’ man, and a loyal friend. Or so he thought.

As a genetically altered Luminary, he helps the government bring down some of the most dangerous criminals. Not very challenging if you have his special abilities. But when a group of rebel Luminaries attacks his Organization the fight for survival begins.

One shatterin
Published September 20th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 17th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Static, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Static

Start your review of Static (The Luminaries #2)
Sherry Fundin
Nov 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Static is Book II of The Luminaries. It picks up where Kinetic, Book I, leaves off, telling Kevin’s story.
The children’s genetic makeup is altered to develop special abilities.
They are superheroes with a magical twist.
The government wants the children working directly for them – to control and study.
The rebels want to use their powers for personal gain.
Annie is getting good at passing her energy to the others.
Kevin is impulsive, arrogant and a teleporter. How
Algel Crestfall
Kinetic was released more than a year ago, and I've been wondering when will the next book be released since then. I kept bugging Katherine (sorry. . .NOT sorry! ^_^) about the next book and she told me the reasons why it wasn't out yet during the time I asked her. I loved Kinetic that's why I was really anticipating this book. And when I finally heard the news about Static, I was so happy and excited to finally read it. Honestly, I needed to skim some parts of Static and reread my review to pre ...more
Stephanie Faris
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the way S.K. ended this book! I won't give anything away, but it promises an exciting Book Three, that's all I'll say. This book has it all: action, sci-fi, and romance--a love triangle, to be more exact. I was rooting for Kevin to get together with one of the two females...but then S.K. broke my heart! She redeemed it at the end, though, so all is good. This book will take you for a roller-coaster ride of emotions, which is what I call a great book!
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is the second book in the Luminaries series and this is even better than the first! Everything in this book is amped up to another level. There’s more danger, more suspense and more twists and turns that will leave your head spinning even after you’re done reading this! I thought my need to find out what was going to happen next was enough to drive me crazy in the first book, but this one was off the charts insane and I loved every second of reading this! This is Kevin’s story and while we ...more
Erin
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I really love how this is part 2 of a series, but is looked at from a completely different angle. Yes, it is a continuation in many ways (reading the first book is really a must, in order to understand what Luminaries are), but although both books are written from one person’s point of view, it is a different person in each book. The previous book was from the point of view of someone that already been in the organization for a while, and was forced to take a different look; but th ...more
Maria
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It had been about two years since reading Kinetic, Book 1 in the Luminaries series. At first a little worried about the time between books that I would have difficulty getting back into the story, but fortunately I fell into it with no problem. I think this was definitely aided by Static following a different set of main characters, although not all totally new, with the main characters from Kinetic being more on the periphery. I appreciated getting to check in on these characters from the first ...more
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Static is Book 2 in the series. Book 1 didn't leave you with a cliffhanger but, it helps to understand what's going on if you read book 1 (Kinetic) first. You see pretty much all the same characters in this book. Kevin, Annie, Nick, Beth, Andrew, Jenny and Derek. I'm sure there were others but I cannot name them all. The new characters you read about are Ryan, Chris, Jack, Paddie, Gabriella, Grace, Madelyn, Marcus and Milo ❤

So in book 1 I loved Nick and Kevin, this book didn't change my opinion
~Kate~
Oct 03, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5/5*

I received a review copy of Static in exchange for an honest review for the blog tour that I am taking part in.

This cover is just as stunning as the first book. I just love everything about this cover from the colour to the model and even the title. Static's cover is one of those covers that would always catch my attention.

I really wanted to love this book as I enjoyed the first book but for me it just didn't grab my attention. When I couldn't get into t
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
The second installment of The Luminaries series, by S.K. Anthony, is one book that took me on an exciting roller coaster ride. Kevin is a character that I really liked in the first book and I was excited to read his story. This story his told from his POV.

The rebels are back full force in this installment. Kevin Pierce is a Teleporter and his power is very useful to the Org. Kevin and the Org will have to work extra hard to take them down. When all their powers unite, it's fantastic.
Kathleen R.
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall Stars: 4 STARS

New Adult
Superpowers

There's a fine between friend and enemy, and he will learn just how small it is

Kevin Pierce is a teleporter, a ladies’ man, and a loyal friend . . . or so he thought. As a genetically altered Luminary, he helps the government bring down some of the most dangerous criminals. Not very challenging if you have his special abilities. But when a group of rebel Luminaries attacks his Organization the fight for survival
Cassandra Brooker
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Static by S.K. Anthony (the Luminaries #2)
Review done by Cassandra for Cassandra’s Reviews
I received an ARC for an honest review.
I give this book 5 stars.

Well this book started in a different way for me but the main character was exactly like I thought. A ladies man who can teleport. A ladies man will do anything for attention from women and that is a turn off for me in guys in general. All the women want the man that is absolutely desirable which I am not sur
Laurie P
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

SPOILER ALERT

After reading the first book in the series, I couldn't wait to read this one. This book continues the story of Annie and her friends. Kevin is the main focus in this book. We get to tag along in his adventures.

We follow Kevin through success and defeat, through frustration and confusion, through powerful and powerless, a
Brandon Ax
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading Kinetic there is just one thing I wanted...more Annie!!!! I will admit if I wasn't going to get that, at least right away, the one person I would make an exception for is Kevin.

Well I was in luck. Static follows Kevin in his journey as a full agent and all the issue that come along with that job. His snarky sarcasm still holds true and his skills have grown exponentially. We get to meet a new cast of characters with some of our old favorites sprinkled in here and there.
Lou
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received a free ecopy as part of the tour and in exchange for nothing more than an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.

In Kinetic we meet Kevin Pierce, he is a teleporter who worked for the Org too. Static follows Kevn and tells his story. In Static Kevin is tested time and time again; everything from his powers, his sanity to his relationships!

Kevin's character has definitely grown and developed, his powers too have be
DianaC-Bookaholic And
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

●▬▬▬▬๑۩ 4.5 STAR REVIEW ۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Nick Logan will tell you his side of the story and we will meet Ryan, Chris, Jack, Paddie, Gabrielle, Grace, Madelyn, Marcus and Milo. This group will have you holding your breath more than one time.

Love, loyalty and betrayal are played very strong in this story, you will fall in love with Nick but there are other characters that will make you liked and other you will hate.

This installment is packed with so much action you will
Amber
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really loved getting to know Kevin more and I think we saw a new side to Nick and Annie in Static. I thought Kevin was funny and a cutie in the first book, however we go to know he was so much more than that. He's a hot badass lol but he keeps those that he loves close and he really isn't as closed off as he thinks and tries to be. Everyone can read him, everyone knows where his heart lies, everyone that is but him. I think my favorite character in this book was Ryan, she was the true bad ass, ...more
Nana Prah
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ve waited a long time to read this story. The snark had me laughing throughout. All balanced with action, a bit of romance, intrigue, and of course kick assism (I know it’s not a word, but it suits the book).

It was great to meet up with Annie and Nick (I love him). Kevin brought a cool dimension to the story with his teleportation and new ability. If I talk about the events that unfolded I’d be giving away spoilers and I won’t go there.

I will say that Ms. Anthony has a
Ashley Cestra
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This novel was just as good as the first! I was skeptical at first because it's written from Kevin's perspective but I got sucked into the org AGAIN.! Definitely worth the read!
Michelle Mulvey
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this was such a great book

Once again there was a lot going on in book 2 but I can actually say I really liked this book
Haddie
DISCLAIMER: Though this is part of a blog tour, the author made the book available on Amazon for this purpose.

Full review coming soon.
Algel Crestfall
Oct 28, 2015
Lynda Dietz
Jul 06, 2017
S.K. Anthony is a make-stuff-up-er, an award-winning author, and podcaster who lives in New York. She is a wine connoisseur, which just really means she knows she loves it, and a caffeine addict. When she isn’t busy with her family, she finds herself being transported into the world of imagination. Well, either that or running away from spiders . . . she is convinced they are out to get her!

The Luminaries (3 books)
  • Kinetic (The Luminaries #1)
  • Chaotic (The Luminaries #3)