Start by marking “The Empathy series Box set (Empathy #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Empathy series Box set (Empathy #1-3)

The Empathy series Box set (Empathy #1-3)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  249 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
This is the entire Empathy series including, Empathy, Desolate, Vacant and Deadly. This is a dark romance series...read with caution.

Blake:
I am a brother
I am a police detective
I am a contract killer
I don’t want to love
I don’t want to feel
I don’t want … EMPATHY.

They say some people are born with decreased activity in the front central lobe causing them a deficiency
Published August 31st 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Empathy series Box set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Empathy series Box set

↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 0-arc-done
READING ORDER
 photo d6b42da6-86a0-4ce9-93af-7e45736b6099.jpg
Empathy (Empathy Series book 1)

photo desolate.jpg
Desolate (Empathy Series book 2)

photo d7b9137f-bc75-4608-9527-ddd326557aa6.gif
Vacant (Empathy Series book 2.5)

photo 57b674f4-6241-439c-92ef-6e6ece49cd47.jpg
Deadly (Empathy Series book 3)

**WARNING** This is intended for mature, CER-E-US-LY disturbed readers. If you're a candya$$ looking for rainbows, unicorns and sunshine- BACK AWAY FROM THE BOOK!!!

ARC provide in exchange for an honest opinion.
Olga therebelreader
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
EMPATHY
“When the sun sets, you can’t hold on to the dying light as the darkening shadow approaches. You either hide from it or become it. I can’t make excuses, you know them all anyway. I’m not a perfect person, not good enough for you by a long shot. I have done some horrible s*** and witnessed evil in its truest form but you awoke a side of me I didn’t know existed anymore. You reassembled a part of me I thought disintegrated into dust.” - Blake
Prepare yourself to have your mind blown. The sto
Victoria
I was given the opportunity to read and review the entire Empathy series by Ker Dukey in preparation for the release of the box set which is only .99 cents at the moment!

**Warning: these books contain subject matter that some might find offensive**

I had heard fantastic things about this series and have several friends who have given the books high ratings on GoodReads.

It didn’t take long for me to see why they all loved it so much. I was instantly hooked within the first few pages of Empathy and
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane Book Blog)
I loved The Empathy series, it's dark, dangerous and twisted.

Empathy

Many of my favorite reads fall into the dark and dangerous genre. Empathy is not only dark and dangerous but also twisted and deprived.

Melody is a college student with a bright future from a good family. She hasn't made any friends until she comes across an intriguing, egotistical and broody Ryan.

"I wear black because I happen to look good in black. I don't look at people often because when I do, chicks think I want to f... them
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
This is the complete series all in one boxset and you are really in for a ride with these books.

Dark, suspenseful and totally utterly brilliant, this read will have you hooked from the first page. Ker has a way of writing that will have you engaged and wanting more.

Starting off with Empathy, OMG this book is a serious head f**k, I loved reading it, it's one of those books that has you stuck right to the very end.

Blake sexy Blake, a police detective, contact killer and a devoted brother to Ryan.
Butthisbook
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the second series I read by Ker Dukey. Let me just say that Ker BLEW me away with the Empathy series. These books were written to perfection. Not many authors can write a book about some deranged characters and hold the interest of the reader. I was hooked throughout each and every book. I swear, I began to question the author’s sanity but then I realized the sanity I should be questioning is my own, for craving more of the psychotic little shit that is RYAN.

These books had it all. They
Honey Warren
My Reviews!

Empathy
em·pa·thy: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

photo PicMonkeyCollageemp.jpg

This absolutely sounded like my kind of book! I love my men a little crazy! We got a double dose of crazy in this book=) Blake was a force to be reckoned with. I can read about characters like him ALL day long! I loved this book. Read it!!

Desolate

Ker writes dark like nobody else! Ryan...what a total nut job!! I love them nutty and this guy takes the cake! Such a dark twisted story. I loved it.

Vacant

ALLLLLLL
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*******Empathy*****I was hooked from the start it's a twisted story of love and betrayal I don't know how to put this Book review into words with out giving to much away it's just WOW as with all Kers books I loved this one it's dark it has some good twists this book was a total mind **** and at the end I was like what the hell it has blown me away.

******Desolate****** It starts 18 years later after the events of Empathy Blake and Melody are trying to live a normal life with their daughter Cereu
The Book Fairy Reviews
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love, there are several kinds, Familial love, romantic love, and the love you feel for friends... close to familial. The question here is what would you do for the ones you love. I mean truly love? This is a dark route into one man love both familial and romantic and the lengths that he will go to protect those he loves.
Dark and erotic this series will have you breathing fast and keep you at the edge of your seat with what dangers lurk around the corner. How far will he go. Passion, in the end p
Nstefa
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The the fcuk!!! No like seriously WHAT THE FCUK!!! I am so shocked right now that I can't even speak!!! What a story and I definitely am no shocked by much..... You want dark and twisted this is definitely the book for you!!!!
Christina
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series was one big WTF moment! I couldn't put it down! Definitely dark with some erotica in it but not tons. Just very effed up psychologically and I loved it!! Looking forward to reading more from Ker as this was my first series from her. <3
Lucia Franco
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This whole series is absolutely PHENOMENAL!
Susan
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic series!!

This is an amazing series. I read these books individually a while ago but I refreshed myself with the box set.
I just loved Ryan I know he's twisted and efffed up, but I'm just drawn to him. I'm a villain lover.

Ryan has been looked after by his Brother Blake for most of his life. Blake knows there's something terribly wrong with his brother he's just not like everyone else.
He sees the darkness within him. The dead behind his eyes. But he overlooks it because he loves him. Ry
Mary
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Inner Evil

Are we all born with an inner evil or does it grow? Poor Blake and Mel have gone through so much in their lives. When they finally thought all was good the shit hits the perverbial fan. They're life was going food, had some issues with their daughter and being a teenager who hasn't. But things get worse when Blake's evil brother gets released from the mental institution and finds Cecerus. Bad goes to worse and we have major problems thanks to poor guidance from Ryan.
Such a good s
K.S.
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Depravity at its darkest and finest!!

Ker Dukey has delivered yet again!! I swear this author is the dark half of my reader soul!! I know I shouldn't be so drawn to her dark, horrifying works but I am and I'm not ashamed to say this series will leave you lost, confused and begging for more!!
Lynn Smith
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was captivated from start to finish! This is so different and dark from what I usually read. Thoroughly enjoyed this series...
Regan
Dark, Deadly, & Taboo.
One of my all time favorite dark series! Highly recommended xx
Klaire
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have no review for empathy at this moment as I read it when it first released and just rated, not reviewed. I did give it 5 stars at the time.

Desolate by Ker Dukey
5 stars
Ryan intrigued right from the offset in Empathy, this clever warped man had his hooks in me in book one and I was so very happy to get a story about him. He’s such a complex man with such an easy way about him. The guy is simply off his rocker, but Ker Dukey has this way of writing a character that allows you to get in their
Renee
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

The Empathy Boxset includes the entire collection of Empathy Novels. Empathy, Desolate, Vacant, and Deadly.

I love dark and twisted books. I gobble them up as fast as I can actually. As I started this boxset I assumed it would be along the lines of the others dark themed books I've read. Boy, was I wrong, so very very wrong.

Book One: Empathy

This is the first book in the series. This is where you think
Annmarie
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: set-series
Empathy has three POV's: Ryan, Melody, and Blake's. I like the premise for this story. It's a dark and twisted synopsis. There are many agendas formulating at once. Ryan who is addicted to sexual fetishes and kink. Blake who kills. Melody who feels alone and needs friends. Clive who is a bully. Markus who is driven by greed. Sean who is gay.
This is a story about how you react when your world gets turned upside down. Your actions can go in many different directions and the consequences will cause
₸hea™
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The complete Empathy Series: Empathy, Desolate, Vacant, Deadly.
AMAZING STORY; Melody, Blake, Ryan and Cereus!!

Empathy (Empathy, #1) by Ker Dukey Desolate An Empathy Novel by Ker Dukey Vacant (Empathy, #2.5) by Ker Dukey Deadly (Empathy, #3) by Ker Dukey
Linda Field
Empathy by Ker Dukey

I was lucky to get an ARC of this book and WOW what a book it is.

I read it within a day and it left me speechless!

This story will blow your mind, I mean literally blow your head with the twist and turns
in it. There is no point trying to second guess the story as it just doesn't go the way you
expect it to.

It seriously left me speechless and that don't happen often, from page one you are pulled in and you won't let go till you see those words The End then your pissed cause you
Christina - My Guilty Obsession
When somebody in my blog group recommend this series, I got to one clicking because why would they steer me in the wrong direction, plus it was on sale so how could I not? This series is on a totally different spectrum from what I normally read though. There is some sex - one of the characters’ is very much into BDSM but it’s so much darker than I’m used to reading and I’ve read A LOT of BDSM books’ but most of all the story line is dark and mysterious and deep, very deep. In fact, there were se ...more
CrazyDaisy
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Crazy Ass Read Stars!!!!!

This is my favorite dark and twisted series! My review is broken down books as I read them.

Empathy:
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

Wow! So did not see that coming! I love when a book takes me by surprise just like this one did. I'm floored! This book has been sitting on the virtual book shelf of my kindle since it's release in Aug. 2014? I'm smacking myself for not reading this sooner and discovering the dark brilliance that is Ker Dukey! I could not put my kindle down
Reva Coomer
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I started this book it was going to be a quick couple of chapters to get a feel of the author and the story. What really happened was...I sat on my couch all day and devoured it! I was so wrapped up in Ryan's mind, I couldn't put it down. Honestly, Ryan's character was way better and more interesting than Blake's. I understand why the first one was more about Him and Melody....but Ryan stole the show. I love Ryan's intriguing, twisted, brilliant dark mind. The author has a way of describing ...more
Petula
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Unfortunately I have not read the first book in this series ,but that did not stop me from enjoying the rest,

DESOLATE:
★★★★★
Wow! What an exciting thriller.
Ryan has been released from the mental hospital where he has been for 18 years. The doctor is convinced he is no longer a danger to the public. Ryan was never crazy, just a soulless evil person. He manipulates the weak useless humans around him. Now he is free to return to the pleasure of his kind of life.
Blake is Ryan's big brother, and a cop
Literary Epic
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ker Dukey is a fantastic British author who has created this series, which I would describe as a dark psychological thriller.

The series begins with Empathy, introducing brothers Blake and Ryan, who come from a destructive childhood, and Melody, the female lead. Things are never what they seem in this series, I begin thinking that Blake was the dangerous character, however, as the story develops, Melody becomes an obsession for both Ryan and Blake, with both men taking dangerous risks, and with
Myra Espino
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
~Empathy~

Empathy, interesting story.
The concept and the flow are great.
I love how I easily get attached to the story and characters.
The start of the story is interesting,
it made me want to read more of this book.

The characters, interesting set of characters.
Melody and Blake are great.
I love how I was easily get attached to them.
Melody, she's interesting.
Despite the things that happened to her,
she did not give up.
I love her spirit and sass!
Blake, I'm really curious with this guy.
He's dangerous an
Lindelicious
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Empathy
Ryan doesn’t keep people around or get close to anyone. According to him, they’re not interesting enough. I don’t see what’s so intriguing about Melody though; this wasn’t depicted. Ryan seems to be the real psycho, not Blake. I like that we’re not getting his full story which creates a mystery of who he actually is. I knew something was up with that club murderer, I just needed to see how the story would play out.
I didn’t see how Blake and Melody’s relationship could survive but she acce
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
**From Laura at Amo’s Book Corner**

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is one of those series of books you read and just sit afterwards saying to yourself “What the ‘bleep’ did I just read?!” then smile knowingly at yourself, for in the next breath you’re like “When can I go again?!” It’s twisted but oh so good and not for the faint of heart.

I have met this lovely author at two book signings but I have to admit this was the first time I’d read any of her work
  • The Goodbye Man (Red Market, #1)
  • Frayed Rope (The Ugly Roses #1)
  • Dirty: The Five-Part Serial Bundle (Dirty, #1-5)
  • Unleashed (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #2)
  • His Witness (Vittorio Crime Family, #4)
  • Roman (Roman, #1)
  • Calamity Jena
  • Delicate Things
  • Rock My World
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)
  • The Book Of Twenty Four (A Seth & Amber Erotic Tale, #1)
  • Bound Angel Bound Demon
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Super Villains (Superheroes in Love Book 1)
  • Killer (Stalker, #0.5)
  • The Haunted (Sleeping with Monsters #1)
  • Protector (The Fallen Chronicles #2)
  • Strong & Wilde: Part Two (Strong & Wilde #2)
  • Cost of  Survival (Worth of Souls #1)

Ker Dukey, Is based in the UK, where she lives with her husband and small children and also their beloved Goldendoodle, Murphy (who has yet to discover he isn't, in fact, a human)

When she's not lost in the world of her characters or being Mum, Ker likes to read and catch up with her followers on social media.

My books all tend to be darker romance, an edge of your seat, angst-filled reads. My adv
More about Ker Dukey...

Empathy (5 books)
  • Empathy (Empathy, #1)
  • Desolate (Empathy, #2)
  • Vacant (Empathy, #2.5)
  • Deadly (Empathy, #3)

“I’M READY TO PEEL THE skin off my own face to kill the boredom of being in this dud’s presence. If I wasn’t so damn handsome I might settle for just banging my head on the table. What” 0 likes
“I’m not sick and I’m not broken. I’m desolate, born empty lacking a soul. You can’t fix what was never broken. They believe they have though, with help from me, so now I will play that role. The” 0 likes