Start by marking “Love So Perfect (The Lawson Brothers #5)” as Want to Read:
Love So Perfect (The Lawson Brothers #5)

Love So Perfect (The Lawson Brothers #5)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  608 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Star quarterback Austin Lawson’s dating life is fair game to the myriad gossip bloggers. Thanks to his most recent screw up with a social media savvy super model, he’s forced to return home so that his PR team can do damage control. To help speed things along, he volunteers at Jessamine Elementary School, never dreaming he’d find the perfect solution to his image problem i ...more
Published January 2016

To ask other readers questions about Love So Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love So Perfect

Sybil aka Lala
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Austin is a star QB and living the dream. However the dream does come with zero private life and when the supermodel he’s dating realizes he will never love her, she takes revenge and Austin’s life becomes a PR nightmare. Forced to go back home to Jessamine and wait for the whole disaster to blow over he volunteers at the local elementary school to help speed things along. Once there, he meets Harper Bell, the sugary sweet school teacher who has no idea that he’s kind of a big deal in sports bal ...more
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 2cbf697058059e332ff660e2799c82_zps0ov1hjt3.gif

Love So Perfect by Marquita Valentine was another sweet addition to the The Lawson Brothers Series. And this time, Ms. Valentine has sweeten this charming story with the added twist of an older woman and younger man falling in love.

Austin Lawson is a starting professional quarterback, who happened to be caught in a whirlwind of scandal due to a leaked edited video of him unkindly breaking up with an ex. Though the video was planted by his
Soonya
My favorite part of the book was epilogue and last scene before it.
The book didn't really work for me.

It might be me, not the book case. There is nothing wrong with the book, I think it might be considered sweet but well, it didn't work for me.

Plus (view spoiler)
Lady Heather

4 stars!

Austin Lawson is in the middle of a PR nightmare and is sent home from playing football in order to lie low, and do some community service in order to repair his sterling reputation.
Austin thinks that if he does some volunteer work at the local school with the grade 2 class, it will help him repair some of the damage.
Little does he know that the grade 2 teacher is the perfect solution to his PR nightmare.
Harper Bell is one of the most wholesome, respectable, smart, beautiful women in tow
Melody Dawn
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you know me at all, then you know what a big fan I am of Marquita Valentine's work. Every single book...that has to be a record, right? Her new series centering around the Lawson brothers has become a favorite of mine and I inhale each book as soon as I have access to them. This was the case with Love So Perfect...the story of Austin Lawson and Piper Bell who is also part of the dreaded McCoy family that the Lawson's have been fighting for years.

Austin is a professional quarterback who has g
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“Swear to God, Harper, if you don’t stop being so sassy, I’ll be forced to kiss you senseless.”

“A Lawson keeps his lips zipped even if his pants aren’t.”

“Men like Austin had to be the reason the Olympics started out with nude participants. Who wouldn’t want to look at them?”

“You’ve been mine since the first day I laid eyes on you… Don’t care what anyone says. It was kismet, serendipity… fate, you name it. I didn’t plan on you, but it’s the unexpected things in life that make it w
Bette Hansen
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read!! Austin Lawson is all kinds of yummy and finds himself in a bit of a PR nightmare. So he's back home in Jessamine waiting for things to cool down. While he's there he's volunteering at the local elementary school and meets the very intriguing Harper Bell. He's definitely interested in getting to know her better and she's definitely someone who could help improve his image. He probably should have told her what he was doing though!!

A very well written story with great charact
Heather andrews
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Austin sometimes has to take care of his own problems, "...he grabbed a bar of soap and lathered up, trying in vain to ignore his aching balls as he washed his body. But his erection wasn’t going down any time soon. “Son of a ****h,” he growled. Finally, he took matters into his own hands." Austin can be so sweet, “ladies always ride in the front, even the four-legged kind,” he said, reaching over to open the door. “Get in.” Austin has a way about him that gets reactions out of his woman, “you d ...more
Michele A.
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: insta-love
Austin and Harper run into each other when he comes home after a scandal and volunteers to be a helper in her second grade class. Harper does not know about the viral video of Austin and his ex, Bianca, that has caused his coach and PR representative to banish him to Jessamine. Austin does use Harper as an escape at first and thinks it will help his cause to have pictures of him with the wholesome teacher make the rounds of social media. Finley, his PR rep, eats them up and tells him to continue ...more
Book Snob Sue
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I always love a good small town romance and I'm a fan of this series. Austin is sent home from his football team after his nasty breakup goes viral. Ok, so everyone was blaming him for the breakup, but what kind of self respecting woman who supposedly loves you would put something personal like that on the internet, especially when your famous.....the answer none. So, I have to go with him on this one. And he freaking makes homemade cheesecake....sign me up.

He meets Harper at the elementary
Danielle
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Lawson series is quickly becoming my favorite series by Valentine. It's a small town romance that just captured me from the beginning. Of course this book could be read as a standalone but I would start from the beginning so you could learn about each of these handsome men and the lucky women who have stole there hearts.

Austin is the quarterback and it seems that he is in a bit of a jam. After his public breakup goes worldwide he is asked to go home and regroup while they do damage control.
Rhea
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2016
My first book of 2016 did not go off with a bang, unfortunately.
I most definitely binge read this series, Valentine has a way of making me the typical girl who gushes over romcoms and swoons over hot book characters. I didn't absolutely love Brody's book but I did fall in love with Lucas and Mason. Again, Tristan's book was a bit of a disappointment, I didn't have high expectations for it. (I have this thing against 'players' and the boys who sleep around).
*sighs*
So when it came to Austin's boo
Kelly
A solid 4 perfect stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ahhh beautiful short story with enough packed in that it didn't feel rushed it didn't feel too short. I was left with a really sweet feeling *sigh*

A bad boy NFL player that isn't really what he appears to be and a really sweet and kind school teacher. It is a perfect match really and enjoyed the family involvement between both family's even though one side is a complete Bitch haha
Tanja Kezmic
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My favourite book was Love so Tempting so far...and I must say that this one is pretty close by.

Austin is such a nice guy despite all the problems he has due to his ex...Harper is someone who thinks her's HEA doesn't exist...my fav moment of the book is in the park when he takes off his shirt - the rest you need to read for yourself!

Trust me you'll love it!!!
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
I absolutely love this series and this book was no exception! Austin and Harper are the stars of this one but you still get to see the other couples. I love how these books are a quick, fun read. Not overly angsty by any means!
Mary
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wished for More

Enjoyed the premise behind Austin and Harper's story. Something was lacking and wished for more story, less drama. Austin should have been truthful while Harper should stand up to those horrible McCoy women.
Darsey
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Austin and harper

I loved the story of harper and Austin . Harper and Austin are good couple . I loved how past characters were used in this book.
FicCentral

Our Rating:

When football player Austin Lawson ends things with his supermodel girlfriend, he never expects a heavily edited video showing him in the worst possible light to go viral. And with the public now up in arms, his career is in almost as much trouble as his reputation. Heading home to Jessamine is supposed to be his chance to begin working on his image, and a girl-next-door elementary school teacher just might be the perfect solution.

Harper Bell is used to being overlooked in favor of
FMR Book Grind
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
ERIN'S REVIEW
4.5 STARS

I am a huge fan of this series. It amazes me that the author can keep such a small town constantly hopping. I love the way that she has intertwined the two big families in Jessamine. But I also love the action that their “rivalry” causes. These two characters will take up residence in your heart, just as all the previous characters did. It was effortless. Harper’s character, while technically a McCoy, doesn’t fit the mold of all the other McCoy women. She is shy and curvy,
Lucia
Small town & sports romance mixed perfectly into one sweet romance that will win your heart!

Love So Perfect is Austin Lawson and Harper Bell’s story. Mixing a sports romance theme with a small town worked really well for this story and while it is a little predictable, Marquita Valentine managed to still get a few unpredicted situations in that had me eagerly turning the pages right to the very end. One of the things I love about Marquita Valentine’s books is that while there is enough sexua
Kim
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I’ve enjoyed each and every one of the books in Marquita’s Lawson Brothers series and Love So Perfect was no exception. I had pretty high expectations for this book because I’m a big fan of football in general and sports romances. I felt like this book had my name written all over it, and judging by the speed at which I read and how much I enjoyed it, I was totally right.

I loved the pairing in Love So Perfect. Professional quarterback with a PR p
Elle Christensen
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Those Lawson boys, they are just delicious.
There is no need to read the previous books in the series first. But, I recommend you read them at some point…you’ll love those Lawson boys.
Austin has been a little screwed and is basically being banished while a mess that isn’t really his fault is being cleaned up. Unexpectedly, he meet Harper Bell, local school teacher, and there is a major spark of chemistry.
Harper considers herself a “Plain Jane,” and while it’s not true, the feelings are compounde
Liza
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I've loved each and every book in the Lawson Brothers series, and Love So Perfect was another winner for me. While we haven't seen much of Austin Lawson so far in the series, since he is an NFL quarterback, I was pretty happy he was the next brother to get his story.

While I hated how Austin was set up on social media, I loved that he went home to stay out of the media's prying eyes. I love he decided to volunteer at the Jessamine Elementary School and as soon as he saw Harper Bell
Michelle
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Love So Perfect is the 5th book in the Lawson Brothers series by Marquita Valentine, but each of the books can be read as a standalone. They each focus on, you guessed it, a different Lawson Brother. Love So Perfect is Austin's story. Austin is the first Lawson brother that I have had the pleasure of meeting and I have to say that I fell head over heels in love with him. (Well, him and Harper, I guess. But mostly him.
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-5-stars
4 1/2 stars!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Yay! Another Lawson brother. I just love them. They don't always make the smartest choices, but luckily they have each other to lean on and more importantly, help talk sense into each other. I loved the interactions between Austin and his brothers, especially Caleb. (I can't wait for his book!)

This time around we have Austin. He has returned home after a video surfaced of him being mean to his ex-girlfriend. His coach a
Jill
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars for another great edition to this charming series based in Jessamine, NC. This book features the brother who spends his days as a professional quarterback - Austin Lawson and the local school teacher Harper Bell.

Harper is a second grade teacher at the local grade school and is truly the epitome of the southern bell with her kind and generous ways. While at work she is alerted to the fact that a unbelievably handsome man has volunteered to assist her with her class. The jaded, cynical si
Dawn
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have loved every book in this series. All of these brothers and their women have found a place in my heart. I look forward to every book that Marquita writes! No matter what series it is always at the top of my Have To Have list or my TBR list.

This book is Harper and Austin's story.

Harper is the McCoy that isn't a McCoy in any other way then blood only. She cant stand most of the McCoy woman and thinks their traditions and rules are beyond stupid. She cringes at just the thought of spending ti
Eileen
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was amazed by how much I loved Love So Perfect, by Marquita Valentine, the fifth book in her Lawson Brothers series. This book exemplifies Valentine’s creativity, sexy and sensitive scenes, as well as her outstanding writing ability. This book stars the youngest Lawson brother, Austin, a star quarterback, and Harper Bell, a second grade teacher and relative of the McCoy family of Jessamine.

Austin became a victim from the gossip world when a video breakup with his ex-girlfriend is displayed on
Paula  Phillips
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Star Quarterback for his football team , Austin Lawson has always had the playboy image and the star quality which means he can come across as a jerk every now and again and his latest break-up with Bianca - a model has gone viral and he looks like the bad guy as he was unaware she was filming it and she has edited out his apologies and left him looking like the bad guy. Now with his coach and PR team breathing down his back about his image, he has been given a few months off to go home , lay lo ...more
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary, romance
Posted on What I'm Reading

Marquita Valentine knows how to write a sweet story. This one is sweet. We meet Harper Bell who happens to be one of the sweetest person you could ever meet. You wouldn't be able to tell if she's a McCoy because she's a little to sweet to be part of that clan. Her father's side must rub off on her. Anyway. When she meets the likes of Austin Lawson, she's at a lost on how to act. Not because he's a star quarterback; nope it's because he's like falling angel good-looking.
  • Out for the Count (Worth the Fight, #3)
  • Wild Ride (Black Knights Inc., #9)
  • Playing with Pleasure (The Players Club #2)
  • Size Matters (Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters, #2)
  • Flying in Shadows (Black Creek, #2)
  • Quarterback Blitz (Ink and Kink, #1)
  • Playing by Her Rules (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #1)
  • Betrayed (Undercover, #3)
  • How to Tame a Wild Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #4)
  • The Guardians (The MORE Trilogy, #2)
  • Devious (Dangerous Trilogy, #2)
  • Summer Dreams
  • Divorced, Desperate and Dangerous (Divorced and Desperate, #3.5)
  • Edge of Reason (Edge Security, #2)
  • Diamonds and Dust (Lonesome Point, Texas, #3)
  • Lady and the Champ
  • Hex on the Beach (The Magic & Mixology Mystery, #1)
  • Whipped (Wild Riders #2)
New York Times Bestselling Author, Marquita Valentine, writes sexy heroes that make you swoon and sassy heroines that make you laugh. She's the author of the bestselling contemporary romance series, Holland Springs, and the new adult romance series, Boys of the South.

Marquita met her husband aka Hot Builder at Sonic when they were in high school. She suggests this location to all of her single fri
More about Marquita Valentine

The Lawson Brothers (8 books)
  • Love So Hot (The Lawson Brothers, #1)
  • Love So True (The Lawson Brothers, #2)
  • Love So Irresistible (The Lawson Brothers, #3)
  • Love So Tempting (The Lawson Brothers, #4)
  • Love So Unexpected (The Lawson Brothers, #6)
  • Love So Right (The Lawson Brothers, #7)
  • Love So Wild (The Lawson Brothers #8)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
  • Wildfire In His Arms
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“You've been mine since the first day I laid eyes on you," he countered. "Don't care what anyone says. It was kismet, serendipity... fate, you name it. I didn't plan on you, but it's the unexpected things in life that make it worth living.” 1 likes
“The eyes never lie, sugar. What's in our heart is always in our gaze.” 0 likes