Start by marking “Winter Oranges” as Want to Read:
Winter Oranges

Winter Oranges

Jason Walker is a child star turned teen heartthrob turned reluctant B-movie regular who’s sick of his failing career. So he gives up Hollywood for northern Idaho, far away from the press, the drama of LA, and the best friend he’s secretly been in love with for years.

There’s only one problem with his new life: a strange young man only he can see is haunting his guesthouse.
Published November 28th 2015 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Winter Oranges, please sign up.
SMi I've experienced the issue you're referring to with other titles, Pam. Often, what I do when I know a book is already out or available for preorder…moreI've experienced the issue you're referring to with other titles, Pam. Often, what I do when I know a book is already out or available for preorder but the link doesn't work, I tap on the pictures of the editions listed until I find the one I want (Kindle, paperback, etc), click on it, and use the link (Amazon button) from that page. Most often, that will work. (less)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This is Marie Sexton's best book to date. It left me breathless and yearning and hopeful.

Fair warning: If you're a coldhearted skeptic (i.e., didn't cry during the last pottery wheel scene in Ghost), this might not be the story for you.

Winter Oranges asks you to believe in the impossible: a man existing outside of time, trapped in a prison created to save him; dreams that traverse dimensions and whisper sweet promises; a connection that crosses centuries and defies logic.

Jason is a former chi
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
This book is dangerous... no, like really dangerous.

If you are a book addict like me, don't start this book during any day where you have to leave the house. I started this book late at night and then continued reading all throughout my work day.

The dangerous part?

I might have read this book at each and every stop light while I was in the car. I might have read this book while crossing the street to get coffee. I might have read this book while it was pitch-black out, walking back to my car af
☆ Todd
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely LOVED "Winter Oranges," which has now become my new all-time favorite book by Marie Sexton.

The book is a bit of a fantasy tale of a young man trapped in a snow globe for a century and a half, sooooooo suspending reality in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

At 29, Jason was a former Hollywood child star, currently acting in low-budget B-grade horror movies, but he's sick of chasing after stardom and being hounded by the paparazzi, so he buys a house in a small town in Idaho, where he plans t
Julio Genao
Feb 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
i tried—i really did—but...

description

i mean, i resisted the growing pile of cray as long as i could—which turned out to be no further than the bit where he faked a psychotic break so as to avoid explaining to the former love of his life that he was now in a serious relationship with an asthmatic civil war soldier stuck inside a snow globe for a hundred and fifty years.

i think my primary mistake here was in actually reading the words and thinking about what they meant, instead of letting them all flow ove
Lena♥Ribka
I swear, I'm not a cold-hearted person. I'm A VERY SENTIMENTAL person. And I cry very easily and very often while reading, if a book CAN touch me. This one doesn't do it to me.

I wish I read more of Marie Sexton before. To be able to judge THIS book properly.
I enjoyed her short novel To Feel the Sun, my only book I've read until now by this author, but unfortunately Winter Oranges didn't work for me at all.

When I have a look at all these few reviews and all these high ratings(of those who were l
Vivian
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fr, ng, romance-pn
Romance a la It's a Wonderful Life.

Jason, once a child star now a D List actor, takes a break from Hollywood in the wilds of Idaho. He's running from his past, his present, and avoiding his future until a most extraordinary thing happens.

Ben, trapped in time, alone, and unseen until Jason spots him. Suddenly, years of being alone is no longer so. A friend, what more could he ask for. Ben's enthusiasm and lack of cynicism were delightful and didn't come across like a Mary Sue, which could have b
Karen
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
So this is where I get disowned...

Wow, I am so at a loss with this book but I'm going to try anyways. Let me start by saying a lot and by a lot I DO MEAN A LOT of my friends have rated this book 4 stars or more and I'm sure it was deservedly so.

I honestly don't know why this one didn't work for me. It's well written, it's a beautiful and moving story, I liked Jason & Ben. I really, really liked Dylan and I'm not even sure why. I just really liked him.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the story
Adam

I feel like I need to apologize. Because while I liked 'Winter Oranges' quite a bit, I didn't love it like most of the ARC readers did.

I'm not much of a fan of MM ghost romances, and only a few of those have worked for me. This book isn't exactly a ghost romance, but it's close enough. I'm happy to say that this aspect of the book didn't bother me at all. It was a unique take on the theme, and added some heartbreaking angst and tension to the story.

This is my first read by Marie Sexton,
Ele
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This my favorite paranormal novel to date. And I mean, of all times and all authors. This means a lot to me, because I'm really, really picky with paranormal books. I'm a Contemporary kinda girl.

Marie Sexton took a unique idea and built an original, amazing story down to every detail.

I won't bother with words, there are plenty of amazing reviews. I think this book will stay with me; it made me all kinds of hopefull and kept my cynical self in check.

For a little while, at least.

I think *looks s
Jewel
You know those times when a book draws you in so effectively, that the rest of the world could fall down around you and you probably wouldn't even notice, because the book you're reading is just that good ? That's Winter Oranges. I love Marie Sexton's writing, and Winter Oranges is my favorite book of hers, to date, and will most definitely be on my "Favorites of 2015" top 10 list, as well!

Winter Oranges has a slow burn romance that I just loved. Both Jason and Ben have been very lonely, though
Ami
Winter Oranges is a lovely romance story doused with magical realism -- and of course, what better time to believe in something magical than nearing the holiday, am I right?

Jason Walker purchased a house in a relatively secluded area in the mountainous region of Idaho in order to get away from his life in Hollywood. But he soon finds out that he is not exactly alone in that big house. There is a young man who "haunts" the place. But he is not a ghost though. He is an almost twenty-year-old yo
Tess
Re-read Dec 2016 -- Still in love with this one!

5 stars

So good, so beautiful & so unique. This story had me smiling and it had me crying. It had this pull on my heartstrings almost all the way through. The slow burning love that grows between Jason and Ben is impossibly perfect, and their HEA is hard fought, but oh so worth it. A plot synopsis just cannot bring to life the magic here so I won't even try. Instead, I'll give you Jason's words:

"You're the reason I get up every morning, and the
Lyn
Audio - 5 stars! My first time listening to Nick Russo. Loved it!!

Story - 4 stars

Yet another unforgettable story by Marie Sexton!!

Even with a sweet HEA, this is not a holiday read that’s left me feeling all kinds of cheery. I spent almost the entire time listening to this book feeling heartbroken for Ben and his situation. The “globe” life lasted too long. I wanted more of Ben adjusting to life after the "globe". The tiny hint of the challenges he has yet to face was such a tease. I wanted to
Renée
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

I will never look at a snow globe the same way again.

"Most folks don't like being haunted."
"That's because they aren't haunted by Ben."

Marie Sexton manages to deliver magic. In every way you choose to interpret that phrase. Jason has decided to take a break from Hollywood and buys a secluded house in Idaho. He sees a young man named Ben in the guest room above his garage, who no one else can see but him. Ben is also translucent. Is he going crazy? Is Ben a ghost? No on both counts. Yo
Kade Boehme
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Most solid thing I've read from Marie in a long time. Sweet, unique, and heartwarming. Omg Ben's first hug was so touching. I also liked that this Christmas story had meat on its bones, even as a fluffier read. Too many Christmas books are wayyyy too short which is why I won't read them. BUT. This may have suffered (for me) in that it was a touch too long. I skimmed. Some superfluous scenes made it drag a bit in a way that made me more detached to this story than I felt I should be. It was descr ...more
Karen
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Color me shocked!...

I read this story when it came out last year and it was good...ok, for the most part my friends loved it. They 5 stared the hell out of it and I tried to quietly sneak in and say 'it was good...not great but good.' so I gave it 3.5 stars and rounded up to 4 because 'spirit of the season' and all that.

I actually felt bad because a part of my brain could see that it was a better than good story but I just couldn't connect, it wasn't working for me no matter how much I wanted
Susan
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is beautiful.

This is a story about a B movie actor and a young man living inside a snow globe.

I loved how this book mostly consists of Jason and Ben being in Jason’s house in the middle of nowhere. I liked that the characters were so interesting we don’t need a whole set of supporting characters to fill the story. Jason and Ben filled this story. And their growing attraction and eventually their love.

It was so romantic.

“You make me happy. You’re the reason I get up every morning, and
Mark
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nothing represents the ultimate in Christmas Kitsch more than a snow globe but in the hands of Marie Sexton it becomes a mysterious object full of wonder, beauty and love. This was a super sweet Christmas story that has addictive qualities once I started there was no putting it down.

Jason is a bit of an has been actor and has now bought a rural retreat to get away from all the media attention and prying eyes. Although he still gets offered some roles through his agent he’s really not proud of ho
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
2.5?

Boy, do I feel like a pill...

This story started off GRRRRREAT! I thought it would be 4 stars, minimum.

It started to lose me when Ben and Jason fell in instalove. Sometimes I can deal with that trope; however, this was not one of those times. I tried to roll with it and there were definitely parts of it that I enjoyed.

Ben in particular. I loved him and his infectious happiness. It was *almost* enough to win me over but the last few chapters took a turn for the serious taking Ben's happy wi
Sara

I have been trying for weeks to write a review of this book and I honestly cannot find the words.

This story hit me hard and it hit me where it counts and I love it for that.

I will never look at snow globes the same way again! How can I?

I love the mystical and fantastical quality of the story. How we first meet Ben and learn his history. His tale is so bittersweet but his attitude about it is beyond enlightening. His first question to Jason made me laugh and I still smile to think about it.

Ja
Elsbeth

Christmas BR with Sonia and Paul (9th Xmas read 2015)

Beautiful, magical story!!

description

“Thank you. In case for some reason I don’t see you,
I want you to know this has been wonderful. Truly, my best day ever. I’ll never forget it.”

Vanessa North
Oh, this was exactly what I want in a Christmas romance: a sweet love story, a sense of family and place (I want to ply Marie with wine and talk her into writing Dylan's story sometime), and, of course, a Christmas miracle. This book was simply magical.
Recommended. :)
Leta Blake
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So super enjoyable, warm, cozy, charming, and the kind of thing I want to go on forever. Satisfying top to bottom. <3
Annery
The Christmas Bonanza continues!

Jason is a child actor who didn't transition well into the Hollywood adult world. Needing a break from the rat race he buys a house near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho claiming he's retiring, but in fact he's just tired and needs to regroup. His biggest problem is loneliness. He has no one special in his life and a non-existent relationship with his parents. The one guy he loves is his friend Dylan, but that hasn't progressed into more than a friends with bennies situation,
B
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was awesome , I just loved it, the main characters are just delicious, the storie is beutiful and so good. I could not put it down and by 88% I was absolutely beside my self wanting to know how they would make it work, and work they did!
I recommend this one , highly.
Hope they make it in audible with a great young sounding narration.

IS OUT ON AUDIBLE!!
WOW I just love this audio, it's lovely,
Highly recommend it.

photo 6ce39eb6-a29b-4d08-a151-ad7feec6b7c4_zps9nmqravn.jpg
Susan
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-favorites

You know what I love about the holidays? They’re magical! And despite the grouchiness with crowds and commercialism and expectations, they still manage to turn into something wonderful.

It’s kinda what makes Winter Oranges the perfect holiday read.

You see, there’s this jaded, outed, stalked, and disillusioned actor named Jason…who runs away to an old house in a small town and tries to hide. He’d rather choose a life alone than to be anywhere near the spotlight. Jason is a conundrum. He’s
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
Wow Beautiful Done!

4 Magically Sweet Stars!

I did not like the cover, I did not like the title. But, what I did like no. I loved the writing , and what I loved even more was the story within.

This book had a ghostly magical magnetism within the writing that attracted me from page 1. And held me and never let me go..this was a perfect Christmas storyline, warm and toasty.

I also loved the way these guys fell in love. Slowly. The smex'in it was pure Marie Sexton fab. I loved the chemistry bet
Josy
Yup, this is another book that makes it right onto my favorite-shelf! And not only because of the story but also because of the wonderful narration. It was the first time I listened to Nick J. Russo and I fell in love with his voice as much as I did with the characters he brought to life.

Ben's enthusiasm, optimism, and joy over even the smallest things was amazing to witness and I could perfectly picture him discovering it all.

This was sweet and awesome and emotional and made me cry and smile (
dammit, that one chick
"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” -Roald Dahl

This book was absolutely lovely and heartbreakingly romantic. I was immediately sucked into the premise- a struggling actor who falls in love with Ben, a man who's been trapped inside a snow globe since the Civil War. He is able to project himself a short distance outside of it, but he lives like a ghos
CrabbyPatty
Okay, I'm not the biggest fan of ghost stories and I hate A Christmas Carol with a passion (I mean, c'mon, all those ghosts moaning and wearing chains and carrying on? "Oooooooh, I'm the ghost of Christmas past ... sure, whatever).

But I really liked this story. The ghost / snow globe idea was beautifully implemented and I loved how Ben's excitement and joy in the little things made Jason realize how good his own life was. I honestly didn't like Dylan and his douchey ways, but it was a small pr
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • The Winter Spirit
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Comfort and Joy
  • Gaudete
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Long the Mile
  • Sleigh Ride (Minnesota Christmas, #2)
  • Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1)
  • Glass Tidings
  • Something to Believe In
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • Waiting for Winter
  • Rebound Remedy
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • Baby, it's Cold
  • Lead Me Not
Marie Sexton lives in Colorado. She’s a fan of just about anything that involves muscular young men piling on top of each other. In particular, she loves the Denver Broncos and enjoys going to the games with her husband. Her imaginary friends often tag along. Marie has one daughter, two cats, and one dog, all of whom seem bent on destroying what remains of her sanity. She loves them anyway.

Coda: W