Start by marking “WINTERBOURNE” as Want to Read:
WINTERBOURNE

WINTERBOURNE

All Davis wanted was a job. So when Winterbourne Home advertised a position for an evening personal care worker, he jumped at the chance. Little did he know that another, higher profile position waited for him; that is if the homicidal director of the home does not take it from him first.

Winterbourne Home, once Winterbourne Asylum for the Mentally Insane, is the setting f
Published August 15th 2015 by Science Fiction and Fantasy Publications (first published August 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about WINTERBOURNE, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about WINTERBOURNE

LINDA MCHUGH
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book from the first to last page.
The trip through this mysterious fantasy evokes numerous emotions as
you become acquainted with the staff and residents of Winterbourne.
Tara
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Great book! Fun, imaginative story with great characters. So happy we found this author at Eden Mills Writers Festival last year.
Sam Wolf
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this read. Can’t wait to read Bakers next novel faun song. Definitely interesting enough to be put to film. Very descriptive and interesting characters with captivating story telling.
Dianne Gow
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not usually a fan of this genre but thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Looking forward to reading next book. It is very well written and keeps you interested.
Marco
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting characters and a satisfying if unnerving introduction to an interesting horror/fantasy world. Hints of Clive Barker scale horrors. Looking forward to exploring it in future books!
Ricardo Alviano
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Winterbourne exceeded my expectations. It was extremely engrossing and i read it in 2 days.
Completely amazing.
Heather Larsen-dafoe
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I tore through this Gaimanesque little piece of brilliance in a few hours and it left me vaguely angry there was not more. Baker paints a vivid and both amusing and horrifying picture of the Winterbourne home and its occupants, leaving the reader wondering exactly who Death is when he's not at home.

Please read this. It will encourage him to write more.
Margaret
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This quirky story alternates between creepy, tongue-in-cheek, downright scary and romantic and it kept me reading intently from beginning to end. I loved it! The author has created a town and characters that I'm completely invested in -- fingers crossed that more stories will come our way soon. It's a bit of the paranormal in a completely believable read. Do yourself a favor and pick this one up.
Patrice Fournier
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really good story. I liked the sense of humour. The author took me for a bit of a ride that was difficult to get off. I really wanted to know what would happen next. The story isn't an easy one to delve into, so the fact that S.A. Baker managed to blend the timelines and tie it all together at the end was fun to see. Am very curious of what will come next, and will read the next one.
Hank E
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great imagination S.A. Baker has! Love the language he uses, and the expressions of lead character Davis are totally unique! Balls! Throughout the book, I kept imagining it as a dark, animated movie. Perhaps ....
Susanna White
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got this book for christmas...read it in two sittings because it was too good to rush through in one.
I was impressed, disgusted, scared, excited and amused. Was sorry to see it end! Would make an awesome movie. I would watch the hell out of it!
Rosemary Collins
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this book. You can only read it for the first time once, so I try to only do one chapter per day. That is very hard because it is so more-ish. Very compelling, can't wait to see what happens next.
Pamela Sue
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Completely enjoyed the book..a little hard to start, but soon grabs you in.
Sin City Rick
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read.....fun and suspense...I look forward to more installments!
Cyndi Zawada
Michelle Rotteau
Oct 23, 2015
TimLeeLive
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Can't wait for the next offering from S.A. Baker...
S.A. Baker is a healthcare worker and recovering professional musician who spent eleven years touring around North America and despite popular opinion, he really does know how to smile.

From early on, he excelled at telling stories and won several local writing awards before being bitten by the rock and roll bug.

He currently lives in a small town in Ontario with his wife, two children, and two of t