Start by marking “In a Time of Treason” as Want to Read:
In a Time of Treason

In a Time of Treason (Tales of Durand #2)

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
David Keck captivated readers with In the Eye of Heaven. Now, he continues the gripping story of Durand Col, a man at the heart of a nation divided.

Fighting under the banner of Lord Lamoric, Durand and his companions thwarted a mad duke’s ambition and saved the crown. They have spent the winter counting their last pennies in their master’s gloomy hall and wondering w
Published February 19th 2008 by Tor Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about In a Time of Treason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In a Time of Treason

Trey
Jul 09, 2011 rated it did not like it
OK. I just didn't like the book. I didn't realize it was a sequel when I bought it. But I decided to read anyway.

Some good ideas in the book and some decent scenes. If not for the things below, this could have been a good book. I liked some concepts but felt like the book was a patchwork of predictable and generic characters with many unexplained events, which could have been done with better development or some reason to tie them in. Lots of deus ex machina and mysterious recoveries from death
David Fuller
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
FORMER Winnipegger David Keck returns to the rich fantasy world he created for his 2006 debut novel, In the Eye of Heaven, with an aptly titled tale of court politics and rebellion.

There are no stereotypical quests in Keck's story; the main characters are driven by politics, love, financial need, desire for honour -- and they must fight for all of it.

This is fantasy for grown-ups à la Guy Gavriel Kay and Stephen R. Donaldson.

Keck's hero, the brave knight Durand Col, is still in the service of th
William Gerke
Nov 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
David Keck does it again. I thoroughly enjoyed "In the Eye of Heaven," the first book in what I fear is only a duology. Keck's fantasy setting is thoroughly grounded in the medieval. There are no false modern conceits here--no one cares about the peasants and what they do. Life is knights and tourneys and kings and politics.

But it's written from an absolutely grounded place. Our hero joined the retinue of his lord to earn the land and wealth he was deprived of at home. But honor still matters--
Jeffrey
Mar 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy fans
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2008
This sequel to In the Eye of Heaven continues the tale of Durand of Col who is a knight for Lamoric, the younger son of a Duke and their fight with the Duke of Yrlac. An all around very good book, but you really need to read the first book to understand Durand's problems and their fight against the fiendish Duke of Yrlac.

Fans of swordsmen, medieval sieges and battles will find much to like in this novel.
Erica Zigelman
Great Summer reading a couple of years ago
Liviu
Jun 08, 2009 rated it liked it

Same as Eye of Heaven but the story deepens and Durand finds love, purpose and more
David Haverstick
Aug 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Couldn't finish it. The prose just drove me nuts. Things seemed awkwardly phrased at times, then at other times too much dialogue or too much liberty given to reader assumptions. Just not for me.
jess7ica
May 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Nearly breathlessly paced. The main character, Durand, never gets a break. I would gladly read more books in this series, but sadly thus far there appear to be only the two.
Mathias Blikstad
Jul 01, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Four Forges (The Elven Ways #1)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
  • The Learning Curve
  • The Tales of Tanglewood: The Lon Dubh Whistle
  • The Empress Sword
  • Ten Little Wizards (Randall Garrett's Lord Darcy)
  • Behind Green Glass: A Fantasy Novel
  • Allon: Book 1
  • Snow, Fire, Sword (El Jisal, #1)
  • Children of Sun (Oracles Legacy Trilogy, #1)
  • Witch High
  • House of Reeds
  • The Iron Khan (Detective Inspector Chen, #5)
  • Teot's War (The Song of Naga Teot, #1)
  • Eccentric Circles
  • The Dark World
  • Flame of Destiny (Flame of Destiny, #1)
  • Moon in the Mirror (Tess Noncoire #2)
David Keck is a New York based writer and teacher who grew up in Winnipeg, Canada.

His novels are published by Tor.

On long winter evenings, he filled pads of newsprint with drawings, cartoons, and stories. His mother made him write on both sides.

After completing degrees in English Literature/History and Education in Winnipeg, he traveled to Britain’s University of Sussex where he earned an MA in c
More about David Keck...

Tales of Durand (2 books)
  • In the Eye of Heaven (Tales of Durand, #1)