Start by marking “Legend of The East Road (The Roads of Luhonono #1)” as Want to Read:
Legend of The East Road (The Roads of Luhonono #1)

Read Book

Legend of The East Road (The Roads of Luhonono #1)

MIDDLE GRADE FICTION
The amazing adventures of three would-be adventurers and their quest to find a mysterious princess.

THE LIVING
When engineers start to build roads in Luhonono, strange things begin to happen. Ancient spirit legends start speaking to thirteen year old Magdalene sending her and her two companions, Peter and Gimbo on a mysterious mission. They soon discover
Published October 1st 2015 by Finerose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Legend of The East Road, please sign up.
Guy Vestal - Counter Culture Critic I agree. Authors quibbling in public is very bad for critics. Readers may or may not care, but reviewers do.

I was actually very excited about entering…more

I was actually very excited about entering the giveaway, because this work is not your dime-a-dozen plot rework, but now I am a little uneasy.

If I eneter the giveaway and win, it will take away a chance at winning something else I have not become weary over.

It so saddens me to see peers incable of discussing their differences in private, as Mr Hill had asked about.

I will put it on my to-read list, and hopefully it will make the cut in my monthly cleanings, but taking a risk on entering and winning isn't in the cards for me right now.

One would hope that other authors that might stumble across this, heed the well known words of wisdom that Mr Hill has reminded us of, and keep discussion among peers, behind the scenes of the bookstore so to speak.

I wish you luck Mr Hill, and if it comes back up as a giveaway, I will re-enter another time, at which time, I would be honored to read and review, and hopefully ask you for an interview as well.

Cheers! (less)

K.J. Simmill
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although this book itself is classed as Middle grade fiction (8-12 year old) I have no shame in saying as an adult of thirty something I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The story follows the adventures of Magdalene, Peter, and Gimbo. What starts as a quest to spy on a princess becomes an engrossing, time-pressured mission to oppose the dark plans of an evil witch doctor known as Moja, who seeks to turn the Unseen into his own personal army of demons.
I really enjoyed this author's writing style, it is very
Vanessa Kings
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
On “The Roads of Luhonono: Legend of The East Road” by Hamilton Hill we are introduced to Magdalene, Peter and Gimbo, three tweens that go through many adventures together.
While they try to prevent an evil witchdoctor from casting a malicious spell, they will have to face magic beings and wild animals on their attempt to travel across Africa to find the four spirit legends that could help them fight against Moja.
This was a very entertaining story, full of surprises and with well developed, delig
litandcoffee
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Roads of Luhonono: Legend of The East Road by Hamilton Hill is a book aimed at middle graders. Legend of the East Road tells the story of three friends - Mags, Gimbo and Peter as they take their journey through Africa, while trying to save their village from a wicked witch doctor. The author combined facts with fiction and gives the book a realistic take.

I’ve a read a few other books (general fiction) set in Africa, but ‘The East Road’, despite being a middle grade fiction scores better when
Gloria Antypowich
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The cover of this book captured my attention when I saw it on Twitter. I was also fascinated by the way the author was marketing it with a brilliant creation of appealing picture ads, so I decided to buy the paperback book—unusual for me because I usually only read on my Kindle. My intent was to read it and then give it to my 15 and 18-year-old grandchildren, who are avid readers.
There were many things about this book that I enjoyed. First off, I loved that it was set in Africa-not modern Africa
Camille Chinn
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Roads of Luhonono: Legend of The East Road by Hamilton Hill is a great book aimed at young adults. This book can resonate with anyone over the age of 9. The Roads of Luhonono Follows three friends,Gimbo, Mags, and Peter as they chronicle their journey through Africa,while trying to save their village from an evil witch doctor. Author Hamilton Hill, used fiction and non-fiction in his description of events, characters and locations giving this book a realistic take while breathing life into h ...more
Ankit Saxena
I got this novel in giveaway and it took a lot for me and Author to let it reach to me safely.

Though, This Book was really a good to read novel.

I really enjoyed it. In starting it seems to me as the one which need more focus because of the Names and terms used in it, but with more and more pages that issue went away and I started feeling familiar with the story. Mr. Hill had done a good job for us to read and enjoy. The story is drafted so well and keeps the thrill and suspense for hat will happ
Trista Borgwardt
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was fantastic and I didn't even know it was graded for middle grade fiction until I started writing this review.

Peter arrives in the village where Magdalene and Gimbo live and they immediately start adventuring together. They start out by spying on the princess, which is where the story takes its first twist. These three fast become best friends and its not long before Magdalene reveals her secrets to Peter who thinks she is a little loony.

The story keeps a steady pace and introduces
Jim Flannigan
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was invested in Gimbo and Peter’s friendship from the start. And, Mags is a delight. I used to dream of going on African safari’s as a child, and this book gave me the opportunity, in a way, to do so. It is filled with magic, and spirits- both good and evil. It tells of Baobab, Mopani and Jackleberry trees- clay balls and billy-tins. The dream sequences are mystical, and I really couldn’t wait to find out what would happen next. My favorite part involved Gimbo telling Peter what to do when he ...more
Mark
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I actually originally downloaded this book for my niece who loves action adventures, but I ended up reading this one myself. I loved the story line and I thought that the book was really interesting. This is quite the adventure story that takes place in Africa. I loved the setting and I thought that the author did a great job with making it seem very vivid and I felt as though I was right there in the middle of the scenery. The book follows 3 characters along on their adventure. Magadelene, Gimb ...more
John
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The début novel by Hamilton Hill is a rousing paranormal adventure that truly has no comparisons. It’s filled with magic but there are no wands, broomsticks or Disney-like animals. What there is, are adrenaline filled rituals, real animals and ancient African beliefs that you won’t find in any other book. When Gimbo asked Peter “Have you ever seen a Princess take a bath?” Mr Hill had me, and he kept me enthralled right up to the final page. This story is perfect for teens, younger readers and ad ...more
Champika Wickramasinghe
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My son loved reading. So, I want to give a book to read him. My son really enjoyed this and I read some as well. The characters work really well together. Wow,Gimbo's character is one to be admired while he has a strong belief of the many mystical tales and happening in his village he questions the many events that further enable him to understand his surroundings. Very nice and attractive. It has great writing and you won't want to put it down until you've reached the end. The author has a good ...more
Jana Woerner
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hamilton Hill did a great job with this book. The book follows three friends (Magdalene, Gumbo, and Peter) on their adventures to save their village from the evil witchdoctor. Hill pulled me into the book from the very beginning with his descriptions and story line. In addition, his writing style made this book a real page turner. Time flew by while I was reading this and I finished the book within a couple of days.
Victoria Zigler
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a really good read. The characters are fascinating, and so are the myths and legends woven in to the story. The plot felt a bit slow at times, but the author's interesting writing style helped to make those slower moments easier to deal with.

*NOTE: I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This has in no way influenced my opinion of the book, nor the contents of this review.
Kat
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My son loved it! Aimed at young adults it is set in a village in Africa full of spirits and a trio against the evil Witchdoctor! My son loves the unique setting and he's learned a few things as well. If your child likes the paranormal, fantasy adventure, then this is the book for you! A great bedtime read.
JamieClark
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I first started this book, it grabbed me. I loved this story about three friends going on a magical journey. At times I wasn’t sure how things would play out because there were so many challenges facing Magdalene and her friends. I couldn't set it down until I finished! I may have to read it again...or a couple times.
Jason
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Roads of Luhonono is a great and unique idea for a book. It has great writing and you won't want to put it down until you've reached the end. Telling the story of three friends going on a magical journey isn't anything new in literature, but Hill Hamilton tells the story so well that it seems like a completely new idea. Definitely worth a buy!
Cryptic Mommy
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The East Road” by Hamilton Hill is a story filled with mystery, magic, and spells. This story is about three adventurous tweens traveling the East Road in Africa on a hunt to find a princess filled with unknown consequences.

I love Hamilton Hill’s style. He actually thought about the readers throughout this story. He actually introduces each character by giving background information about their beliefs, weaponry, tribe, traits and even nicknames. So when you read the story, it feels like you kno
Loren Lockner
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating African tale that will enchant readers young and old!
I was immediately taken with the novel ‘The East Road’, as it was set in Southern Africa during the era when Zimbabwe was still called Rhodesia. Having lived in South Africa for 10 years, I relish the ‘feel’ of African-based novels. And, as a teacher, I instinctively seek out novels geared towards the young at heart. In brief, without giving too much away, the plot surrounds three friends on a quest: Peter, the newbie to Africa,
Lauren Wallace
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"It was hard to imagine life in Africa."(27)

I would like to thank Hamilton Hill for providing me a copy of this book!

I found this book great for early readers! It was filled with action and drama that kept attentions and me me read on. It was filled with different cultures with a fun way of learning.

This book was a quick read, as I read it in a couple of hours.

I would recommend it to anyone 6+!
Kurt Springs
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This review was first published on Kurt's Frontier.

Synopsis:

When engineers begin to build roads in Luhonono in Africa, strange things are set in motion. Everything in Luhonono is not as it seems. The building of a crossroad at a junction at the ancient Baobab tree has caused and upheaval, weakening the barrier between the real world and the spirit world. The evil witchdoctor, Moja, intends to take advantage of the situation. By turning the spirit mirror upside down, Moja will release on an army
TheCosyDragon
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was ok

Peter has just entered the world of Luhonono. Magdalene and Gimbo are waiting for him there, ready to start adventures in an unseen world. Setting out to find a princess and instead finding evil makes this novel roll forward.

This novel was slow. Very, very slow. The first half of the novel happened, and nothing had happened. The princess they set
Rabid Readers Reviews
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Roads of Luhonono is a story that takes middle grade children out of their world and time into a culturally rich story set in Africa in the early part of the last century. The children in the story believe in magic and have a sense of wonder that is age appropriate and, more important, convincing to the reader. When the white tribe starts building roads, the villagers become concerned for their safety. Magdalene discovers that their concerns are legitimate when the ancient spirits speak to h ...more
L. Feijóo
Oct 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-read
Esta historia sigue las aventuras de tres chicos, Peter, Magdalene y Gimbo. y lo que empieza como un viaje para espiar a una princesa acaba convirtiéndose en un misión para impedir que Moja use sus habilidades para convertir a los Unseen en su ejército personal de demonios.
El problema de la novela es que es muy lenta, es más de la mitad del libro no pasa realmente mucho.

description

Esto queda justificado en el hecho de que es el primer libro y está introduciendo al lector en un mundo nuevo con muchos términ
Michelle (Morgan)
Anna Burke
Jun 15, 2016
Boyko Ovcharov
Jun 29, 2016
  • Avis Blackthorn: The Magical Multicolour Jumper (Wizard Magic School, #2)
  • The Painted Lady
  • Mirrored Voices : Best Contemporary Poetry
  • Love Heals the Heart
  • The Dead Club
  • Venus Lionheart: The Witch And The God
  • Anything But Mine
  • Born of Treasure (Treasure Chronicles #2)
  • The Sinister (Supernatural Stations, #2)
  • The Ashram: A True Story of Enlightenment and the Dark Night of the Soul
  • The Female Complaint: Tales of Unruly Women
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Sword of Osman
  • The Hades Contract
  • The Matchmaker's Match
  • Evolving to Grace
  • Stranger in the Wizard's Tower
  • Falling for the Wrong Guy
  • Caretaker (Caretaker Chronicles, #1)
I'm an independent West Australian writer, philanthropist and fundraiser for good causes.

An ardent traveller I've visited over 453 cities in 51 countries and lived in 17 of those cities in 5 different countries.

I specialise in writing novels set in the places that I've been and about the things that I've has seen. All of my writings, including The Roads Of Luhonono, are fiction based on fact.