Start by marking “Lord Dashwood Missed Out (Spindle Cove, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Lord Dashwood Missed Out (Spindle Cove, #4.5)

Lord Dashwood Missed Out

(Spindle Cove #4.5)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  4,179 Ratings  ·  526 Reviews
A snowstorm hath no fury like a spinster scorned!

Miss Elinora Browning grew up yearning for the handsome, intelligent lord-next-door…but he left England without a word of farewell. One night, inspired by a bit too much sherry, Nora poured out her heartbreak on paper. Lord Dashwood Missed Out was a love letter to every young lady who’d been overlooked by gentlemen—and an in
Published December 8th 2015 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Lord Dashwood Missed Out, please sign up.
Tessa Dare Hi, Ellie! Charlotte's story is in the works - it's a full-length novel and it will be out in 2016. More info to come! Cheers, Tessa

Tessa Dare
Nov 17, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
So... this is coming soon!

December 8th in e-book and audio. I'm still waiting to learn the paperback edition's release date, but it should follow the e-release shortly.

If you'd like to read an excerpt, check out my blog today: "Ripping the Bodice"

Dash and Nora are a new couple to Spindle Cove, but many previous Spindle Cove characters are in the story. (As usual, Colin demanded to have all the best lines.)
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Review now posted...

This! This right here is why I read historical romance when I’m looking to escape. Lord Dashwood Missed Out is laugh out loud funny, steamy and - at moments - tender. And even better still? This novella doesn’t read or feel like a novella which makes it escapism reading at its best because it can be read anytime, even when you don't have much time!

Blurb…

A snowstorm hath no fury like a spinster scorned!

Miss Elinora Browning grew up yearning for the handsome, intelligent lord-n
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

1,5 Stars

Part of the Spindle Cove series, waiting for book 5, this short novella features as the main couple Lord Dashwood, explorer and cartographer, and Miss Elinora Browning, spinster authoress of a scathing pamphlet warning young ladies against the lures of untrustworthy scoundrels and sharp, and a not-so-veiled, invective addressed at the man who so callously broke her girlish delusions about love.
Growing up together, Nora and Dash have always harboured a tendre for each other, but after
Jilly
cute. I liked them both.
Dina
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
In the Acknowledgments section of this book, Ms. Dare says that she knows that "missed out" isn't strictly Regency usage, so she's got some knowledge about what's historically accurate regarding the written and spoken language used in Regency times. That said, why oh why had she decided to throw that knowledge out the window when she wrote the story? The only thing that reminded me that this was a historical novel was the way its characters dressed. Everything else - the story setup and developm ...more
Ally
Finally a Dare novella that didn't leave me wanting.

good news

Read for the Mad About Series Challenge - 2018

Series: Well seeing as how I am reading it for a series challenge....

Sexy times: Yep. Just a bit.

Plan on reading more by the author: I think you already know that answer.

Synopsis
Apparently, Dash left Nora wanting and treated her rather abysmally. Either that or this is the view of a very young miss in love with a slightly older man with neither of them being mature enough to really understand wh
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

“Do you know,” he said, “you’re ravishing when you’re trying to hate me forever.”

Was fun to get glimpses of past main couple's from the series. Alas, the novella format alludes me again with rushed romance and a not quite historical feel.
Robin (Bridge Four)
I like novellas sometimes. They are great for diversions between reads or when I just need a breather before jumping back into a series or something else I’m reading. Tessa Dare has a fun sense of humor and romantic notions that can be a lot of fun even in 100 pages or less.

Nora knew she love Lord Dashwood since they were children. She had grand plans of marrying him and having all his children. But when he decided that he wanted to see the world and have some accomplishments of his own she was
Sam (AMNReader)
If only....
If only it hadn’t been a novella
If only they hadn’t had to share space with every other couple
And every other character
If only it weren’t for those weirdly paced starts

I enjoyed some of the dialogue, some of the steam, the cute gestures
But in the end, it seems we all missed out on the best parts: the developing relationship and characters.

Alex Morrison

I am a big fan of Tessa Dare, and I usually can overlook anachronisms in her books, especially in this series, because there's so much else good stuff to focus on. But for some reason I had a really hard time doing so with this book. The phrase "screaming orgasms" was actually uttered by a male character as an off hand comment to a friend at one point and I almost set my Kindle aside. Also a major side plot was a husband forgetting to pick up sherry on his way home - really? I get that these nov
Cyndi
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was sooo cute!! 💕 I love the stories from Spindle Cove. This is the story of an author on her way to give a speech about her pamphlet on empowering women. Meanwhile, the man she wrote about has turned up and she has to face him.
Excellent romance! 😊
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Although Spindle Cove series is usually entertaining, Lord Dashwood Missed Out was a miss for me. It could be the length of the story; I couldn't get into it and the people I was supposed to root for fell flat. I simply didn't care for them.

This is one of those series where you can forgive all kinds of nitpicks because of the humour (the first book in the series has the most hilarious beginning), but here it was completely missing.

Next, because their story didn't have enough juice, we had those
Kiki
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
After reading the darkly compelling The Highwayman, I was in the mood for something light-hearted and fun and what better than Tessa Dare’s latest novella in her brilliant Spindle Cove series.

“Second chance at love” is one of my favourite tropes and when the estranged couple are forced to take shelter from a snow storm in an isolated cabin…even better. I know there will be lively dialogue, some soul-searching, and delicious sexy moments, all leading to a Happy Ever After. Add a rescue mission un
Jo
Dec 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: gr2015
”Because, my darling Nora . . . no matter where I traveled, you were always what was missing.”

This was a sweet novella, and had the typical Tessa Dare humor.

I really liked Elinora, even though I was frustrated with her at times with the way she swooned over George even when he acted like a real jerk.

I had a difficult time with my feelings regarding George. At first I didn’t believe him to be attracted to Elinora, especially with the way he kept baiting her, and then when Elinora found out a

Courtnie
It's hard not to love everything that Dare pens - she is so good at sparkling dialogue and heroines that are fresh and happy. I think the latter is a big reason why I LOVE her books, the heroines are happy people, who choose that no matter their circumstances. It makes me feel good to read about them.

I just wish this were an actual full length novel. I had a hard time understanding Lord Dashwood's motives because there wasn't enough time to explore them. It all came to an end and he sort of plo
Cee (The Mistress Case)
Do not read the reviews for this book, seriously. I regret reading those quotes because they're pretty much spoilers. Don't be tempted. Stay away from the reviews. Don't even read the shelves, including mine. Lord Dashwood Missed Out is a short novella, and all you need is the blurb. Just plunge into these pages and love it, like me! Have some faith in Tessa Dare! She got mad skills!

Okay, just saying, but Colin (Payne) from A Week to be Wicked needs to stop. He was such a dork who shamelessly st
Christy LoveOfBooks

I had my first experience with Tessa Dare not too long ago when I read When a Scot Ties the Knot, and that book quickly became a favorite. I was in need of a winter themed book when I saw Lord Dashwood Missed Out, and even though it’s a novella deep into the Spindle Cove, I’m really glad I went with it.

The whole loathing to love trope is my favorite in romance. What’s cool about this is, Elinora and Lord Dashwood used to be good friends growing up together, then … stuff happens and he goes trave
Paige  Bookdragon

This is a fun, quirky sweet romance that is perfect for my mood.

description

The only problem that I find is I can't really pinpoint the past romance between the H and h. I get it that the hero is a douche to her before and because she's furious, she wrote something and blah blah blah, it became a hit. But I get a bit confused on what's really their status before. Are they having that silly "it's complicated" thingy? Or is it that thing where one person secretly likes the other person?I don't know, but let's
Cristina
I'm a big fan of Dare's books but this one just didn't cut it. As every book by Dare, this book has great potential but because it was SO SHORT it was hard to get a real feel for the main characters. Just when I was starting to get excited, it ended. I kid you not, we don't even get an Epilogue.
It could've been just me but I needed more than a few chapters.
I can't wait for the fifth book and hope to God it's a full length book.
Grace Cieleen
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It feels so natural rating a Tessa Dare a 5 and really this was one quick read the really delivered all that needs to be delivered in a perfect novella -- the return of the old characters you love, the sizzling combustable chemistry of the H/h and the premise of a new book in the series.

My love for Tessa remains strong and untouchable!
Jen Davis
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
I love Tessa Dare and her Spindle Cove series. I like that all of her heroines are unusual in some way and that they find love despite the fact that they defy convention. Here, Nora fits the bill. She is an author of a popular pamphlet on her way to Spindle Cove for a reading. The subject: the man who left her and missed out on the happiness should could have given him. It’s all about acknowledging her own worth and refusing to define herself by a man’s attention. It’s good stuff. But I can’t sa ...more
Bubu
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hr, 2-stars
Lord Dashwood Missed Out should be read as an extended epilogue of the previous full length novels of the Spindle Cove series, seeing that all four couples make several appearances in this novella.

The romance between Miss Elinora Browning and Lord Dashwood was so thin, it was more or less non-existent. Teenage drama drawn out for years and solved - literally - over night. I cringed my way through this novella. There's no other way to describe how I felt about it. Want an example? After poor, li
Julie
Lord Dashwood Missed Out by Tessa Dare is a 2015 Avon publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

I have enjoyed most everything I’ve read by this author, but I haven’t been able to read as many of her books as I would like, but when I saw this was a novella length story, I was sure I could squeeze it into my review schedule. I’m so glad I did!

Years ago, Elinora Browning was humiliated by Lord Dashwood, leaving her frustrated,
Azet
"Lord Dashwood Missed Out" is a Novella in the "Spindle Cove"-series about Elinora Browning who has written a pamphlet about the one man who has rejected her, George Travers, Lord Dashwood. And little does she now that he has come back with the sole purpose on claiming her!

How i adore this novella.The reunion between Dash and Nora was so hilarious and entertaining,and the fact that Dash is a virgin! Ahh how i swooned!!!

I laughed out loud with the scenes with the heroes before this Novella, Colin
K.
Trigger warnings: death of a family member (in the past), carriage accident.

After struggle bussing my way through a steampunk/fantasy book about Sherlock Holmes' niece, I was feeling incredibly slumpy. So I turned to my local library's Overdrive site, and promptly discovered that there were a couple of Tessa Dare novellas available that I hadn't read yet. Aaaaand I sped through both of them in about 45 minutes.

There's not really a lot to say about this. It's fluffy, it's funny, it's ridiculous,
Ashley
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Fossils," Colin corrected, snatching the lump from his hand. "Minerva collected hundreds this week. She can spare a few. These round ones? They're ammonites--worth a half-crown. Troglodytes are a shilling."

"I thought they were called trilobites," Rycliff said.

"Listen, Bram, whose lady is the geologist?" Colin retorted.

Look, this book probably isn't half as fun if you don't know who Colin, Minerva, and Rycliff are. But if you have read a majority of the books in the Spindle Cove series then thi
Alexa
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Please be warned that I have only read ONE book in the Spindle Cove series, which definitely might have diminished my enjoyment of this book.

This was cotton candy, quite fluffy but without much essence. And as usual with novellas, I felt it tried to jam-pack too much into very few pages so it felt rushed and ended way too quickly.

I'd suggest reading Robin's review since she has read the series and writes the best reviews ever. :P
3.5 Stars

I adore Tessa Dare's writing and her Spindle Cove series was the one that really turned me into a fangirl. So, obviously, I was super excited to see that she was returning to that series with a novella and an upcoming full-length novel, Do You Want to Start a Scandal. Lord Dashwood Missed Out is a cute story with a decent romance and some fun reunions with other Spindle Cove characters.

The main plot follows Nora Browning who became famous after writing and publishing a scathing essay to
Laura the Highland Hussy
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review posted on Got Fiction?

What a fun novella! I was so happy to go back to Spindle Cove in this one!

Nora is on her way to speak at a library in Spindle Cove, when her carriage leaves without her. The only carriage available already has an occupant. Luckily he doesn't mind her joining him, but what she instantly notices is that he's Lord Dashwood, the man who once held her heart. Praying he won't notice her, she slides in and keeps her head turned. But of course he knows who she is.

When the ma
  • Her Every Wish (The Worth Saga #1.5)
  • Dukes Prefer Blondes (The Dressmakers, #4)
  • A Gentleman Never Tells (Essex Sisters, #4.5)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • How to Marry a Highlander (Falcon Club, #3.5)
  • Luck Be a Lady (Rules for the Reckless, #4)
  • The Sweet Surrender of Janet Buchanan (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #2.5)
  • Six Degrees of Scandal (Scandalous, #4)
  • Her Highland Fling (Second Sons, #2.5)
  • A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong (Blackshear Family, #0.5)
  • My Beautiful Enemy (The Heart of Blade Duology #2)
  • Ruined by a Rake (All's Fair in Love, #1)
  • Mistress to Her Husband
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Spindle Cove (5 books)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)
“I reckon we could all use an opportunity to endear ourselves to our wives." He looked to Rycliff and Thorne. "When's the last time you did something heroic for your lady?"
Rycliff smirked. "Last night."
Thorne drained his tankard and cracked his neck. "This morning."
"I didn't mean in bed," Colin said. Under his breath he added, "Braggarts.”
6 likes
“I named all the nothings after you. Because, my darling Nora...no matter where I traveled, you were always what was missing.” 5 likes