Start by marking “My Best Friend's Stepfather #2” as Want to Read:
My Best Friend's Stepfather #2

My Best Friend's Stepfather #2 (My Best Friend's Stepfather #2)

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Being with Dare was a fantasy come true, but I never expected Adam to confess his feeling. Now he's determined to be the only man to possess me...and it turns out, he's just as Dominant as Dare. With Adam, I can see a future. But does that mean I'm willing to give up the man I've always dreamed of...for a man who wants to make my dreams come true?

Ash is torn between two ve
Published November 10th 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about My Best Friend's Stepfather #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Best Friend's Stepfather #2

Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC received for review

Ashley is still so annoying. Helen is acting like a teenage brat. Dare and Adam are still smoking hot.

I really wish Ashley would pick one and stop hopping back and forth between their beds. First Dare's and I love him, then Adam and I love him, then Dare...you get the idea.

And cliffy
Michelle
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
In part two, Adam makes his play! But at the same time, Ashley and Dare have to contend with the daughter who returns with a game plan of her own. Ashley has always wanted Adam, but she can’t deny that she’s falling for Dare.

Things got a little complicated with book two and the drama added with Dare’s stepdaughter sort of grossed me out. The “daddy” talk is always my downfall. That chick was freaking crazy!

I did enjoy the read, but I wasn’t sold completely on the bed-hopping activities of Ashle
*P
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars...would have been five but it was just too short

I'm torn with my review because as far as content, writing, getting me revved up, this book is a solid five. Unfortunately, even with it being in a series, it was simply too short. I finished reading it in under 30 min and if I were to couple with the other book, it certainly doesn't equal 2/3 of a full length book, so that has me disappointed. The writing, the story though, love it and I like where it is going.

This book obviously takes u
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Ah man, I liked this but not quite as much as the first one. Adam is sexy and all but he doesn't get me excited as much as Dare does. On top of that Helen is a nut bar and irritating the crap outta me, but then that's what she's supposed to do.

Now let's move on to the final book and bring the hot threesomes on. Woo!
Spoiler Whore-Momoa rounds down on her reviews so fuck off

*ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley*
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am giving Opal Carew book My Best Friend's Stepfather part two 5 stars. The reason I am giving this book that rating is because the Author jumps right into the good stuff. I knew there was a reason why Helen Ashley best friend and Dare Stepdaughter was being such a b***h to Ashley. It turns out Helen has some strong feelings for her ex stepfather and they are the kind where she wants to be his wife kind of feelings, so of course Helen feels like Ashley standing in the way for her to be with he ...more
Angie
This is the second part of a three part series. It picks up right where part one left off. Helen. What a #$@! brat. At this point, you know she's not really going to be her best friend anymore. Of the three parts, I think I liked this one the best. There's a feely moments mid-book and we learn more about Adam, Ashely's boss and friend. Since it's a novella broken up into three parts, I'll just flow with how fast everything goes around Ashley and Adam. There's a cliffhanger and reveal towards the ...more
Annmarie
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Why is he letting his ex stepdaughter, who keeps coming on to him, stay in his house? Wtf?!????! She should be with Adam. I hate that she is playing them both.
caren
Nov 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
nope nope.
Char (1RadReader59)
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ashley, Dare, and Adam, what a tangled web we weave. Boy Oh Boy! Ashley had homework and even though she knew that Adam did not like Dare she let it slip that it was Dare who was teaching her. So once again like the first homework session Adam kisses her and his hands get busy.
Ashley, I have to give her credit backs away and says she is doing Dare during her lessons and at least for the next month and then they could see where they were. Leaving it unsaid that hey buddy you rejected me yesterd
Ashley
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ashley has feelings for her boss Adam and he has feelings for her too. However both of them have had the same feelings towards the same man for years. Neither of them want to take the next step and ruin their friendship though. Ashley decides that she wants to write an article about BDSM and goes to the one person she knows can help and the one person she has had a crush on since she was a teenager. She goes to her best friends step father, Dare, and they end up falling for each other. Dare and ...more
April Symes
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Here is book 2 of the trilogy—Adam makes his move on Ashley. Letting her know how he feels. At the same time, Ashley has problems with Dare’s ex step daughter coming back on the scene causing trouble with them. There is definitely chemistry between Adam, Dare and Ashley but with Dare’s step daughter back on the scene—something is definitely up with her and her “daddy” talk. We, as the readers, get to know more about Adam and can I say, I like it and him. But back to Dare’s step daughter--I get a ...more
Roanne Germaine
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars for Part 2!

Yes! In the continuation of this bizarre love triangle, Adam was finally able to make a more aggressive assertion towards her feelings for Ashley. And Ashley was confused because clearly , she has feelings for Adam but she was completely under Dare ' s magnetic pull and was starting to develop feelings for him too. My Bestfriend's Stepfather 2 was even more exciting than the first because of the presence of an ex-stepdaughter who has the hots for "Daddy". And I think she wil
L.A. Miller
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was given ARC of this series and I will be honest, I was not impressed with the first book, but felt obligated to review the rest. So if you a fan of this type of book, you will ignore my opinion as you should. Every reader has their criteria of what they like in an author’s work, this one was just not for me.
This book picks up where the other left off and from beginning to end it was annoying and painful to read. Ashley is torn between Dare and Adam, who finally has made his move. The only p
Kimberly Lawson
ARC kindly provided by author for honest review

So Adam moves in for the Kill, so now we get to see more of Adam

Dare messed up. (No, he didn't cheat).

Anywho Ashley is confused. I would be too.

I would say I wouldn't want to be in her shoes, but that's a lie

fanning

Helen

10 gross

Helen had bad timing. Just saying, and she is also obsessed with her Step Daddy.

GrossNoThankYou

On to the next book :)
Debi
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgallery
I received a copy from publisher and Netgalley for an honest review.

Opal Carew's books are hot and steamy. My Best Friend's Stepfather does not disappoint. Book 2 we learn that Ashley's best friend has some serious issues. She's in love with her former stepfather and will do anything to earn his "love".

Ash is torn between two very different men. Dare is the dark, mysterious businessman who won't be her HEA. Adam is her friend and he wants to give her everything. Each man will to fight to keep h
Elle Markov
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
** this review is for all 3 parts **

I’m a huge fan of Opal Carew but I just couldn’t get into this one.

The characters: Ash, Dare and Adam just didn’t keep me entertained.

Plus, I felt that as the story progressed it just got too crazy.

I also hated Dare’s step-daughter; she was such be-ach and in the end she gets no just deserts or anything.

I also didn’t like the ending, but then I was not a huge fan of the three of them ending up together.

Overall, I will still read Ms. Carew’s work because she
Carla
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got this Arc for an honest review on netgalley and it was amazing just like the fist one!

Ashley keeps pursuing his relationship with dare and she is almost certain that she wants more, one month is not enough and her fellings might be stronger than she had planned.

But with Helen in the middle things get complicated and she founds herself with Adam.

He is what she has always wanted but she wants both.

Amazing sex scenes, the characters have the same perfect chemistry as in the first book and you
Tammy
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is part 2 in the series and Adam is making his move on Ashley letting her know how he feels and what he want. Ashley doesn’t want to let go of Dare either but there are issues with his ex step daughter coming back, looking forward to finding out what happens next. I would recommend reading in order. The story is fast paced with lots of drama and steamy sex it also ends on a cliff hanger. Looking forward to finding out what happens next.
Lisa
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: net-galley-arc
You can find more reviews Mademoisellesnow Blog

I haven't read the first book but now I'm intrigued to read it. I feel like that this is the type of series that the first book was great and then it goes down hill from there. The second installment had Ashley jumping back and forth between Adam and Dare and being quite unsure of her feelings. I couldn't deal with the entire book like that.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second installment, I liked it. It does end with a cliffhanger and I look forward to reading the next one to see how this will all play out. In this one Helen has returned and she is a major brat. Then we get to know more about Adam, while he is hot I get more from Dare. What's going to happen? Can't wait to start the next one.
Charlotte Villette
I love this very steamy book! The story is good, Ashley was a bit annoying in this one, but that didn't stop me from loving the book! Looking forward to reading the final part!
For full review: https://steamybookreviews.wordpress.c...
L
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: net-galley
This middle novella in the trilogy is entirely comprised of Ashley being wishy washy and jumping back and forth between Adam and Dare. Readers with curiosity will have to read the next part just to find out whom she chooses. Ugh!
The Book Harbor Reviews
Well I have this was a scorcher! It was very hot and sexy. It moved very quickly to have a lot of a story. It more is a quick erotic novella.
T.A. McKay
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Copy from netgalley.

This part didnt grab me as much as the first part. I think its because I could see what was coming, but Im hoping that there may be a twist still to come.
Shannon
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book.

I always enjoy Opal Carew! This is not my favorite of her, but it is good. I am definitely intrigued and I can't wait to find out how this ends!
Amy Miller
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm torn between who gets the girl. I like Dare because he is the naughty older Alpha male and then there is Adam who is sweet and caring. Looking forward to see how this all plays out
Clare
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Part two was better than the first. Poor Ashley's life just keeps getting more complicated, two men and now the best friend Helen shows up.
Laura Bolinger
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very sexy read ! Continues prior storyline with a few curve balls leading up to a ton of drama. Keeps your attention with the love triangle aspect
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Transgressions
  • Tangled Web
  • An Agreement Among Gentlemen
  • The Price of Temptation
  • Thirty Nights with a Dirty Boy: Part 3: A Heroes and Heartbreakers Serial
  • Tempting Trouble
  • The SEAL's Rebel Librarian (Alpha Ops, #2)
  • Don't Deny Me, Part Three (Don't Deny Me, #3)
  • Night's Blaze: Part 1
  • Rochester: A Novel Inspired By Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre"
  • Savage Chains: Scarred (Men in Chains, #1.6)
  • Take Down (Billionaire's Club: New Orleans #3)
  • The Fireside Inn (The Billionaire Bachelors #1)
  • False Colors
  • For His Pleasure (Playboys of Boston #2)
  • Bulletproof Weeks (When You're Gone, #2)
  • The God in Flight
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew

My Best Friend's Stepfather (4 books)
  • My Best Friend's Stepfather #1
  • My Best Friend's Stepfather #3
  • My Best Friend's Stepfather

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be