Start by marking “My Best Friend's Stepfather #1” as Want to Read:
My Best Friend's Stepfather #1

My Best Friend's Stepfather #1

(My Best Friend's Stepfather #1)

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  179 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
I knew this story could launch my career, but I never thought it would lead me down a path of sin and decadence...bondage and submission. He was my subject; I became his slave.

Ashley's first lead feature as a reporter should have been simple: interview Darien Gallagher, a real life Dom, for a magazine article and launch her career as a leading journalist, but with Dare, no
Published November 3rd 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about My Best Friend's Stepfather #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Best Friend's Stepfather #1

Michelle
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Okay. Let’s just get this out there. I am sort of over the taboo-ness of step-relations, BUT I can’t NOT read them. So what is a girl to do when she stumbles across a book with THIS title? Duh, read it, of course.

When Ashley decides that doing a story on a Dominant will bring new attention to the publication she works for, she is about to come face to face with an old friend’s stepfather, a man that as a teen she was crushing on hard – but interviewing him won’t do any harm right? Dare only know
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC received for review

Ashley is annoying me. Dare aka Mr. Gallagher aka Sir aka Master is HOT but not a very good Dom...ever hear of a safe word. And his former step-daughter has not spoken to Ashley in years. Then there's Adam who has been in her life since he was her teenage crush. Adam pretty hot too, but he's a little wishy-washy. Which one will she ultimately choose?
Vasiliki
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3 stars

***ARC kindly provided for the exchange of an honest review from Netgalley***

This is a short and intense story. When I read the blurb, I really found it an interesting read. The story was brilliant! However the book could have been so much better. The writing was ok and the events of the story weren't always making sense to me.

I couldn't understand the heroine and her way of thinking most of the times. There was lots of sexual tension but nothing else.

The end of the book didn't make s
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
The blurb of the book intrigued me and I was very curious about this book. Sadly, the execution fell flat for me.
Ashley is a reporter and she wishes to delve into the world of BDSM for her next article. She will experience BDSM with the help of her best friend's stepfather, Mr. Gallagher.
I do think that the book had potential to be a good taboo story, but my main issue was that I couldn't feel the chemistry and passion.I quickly lost interest. Unfortunately, this first part left me unsatisfied
*P
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for the first part in this steamy serial

Nothing better than going to a rich, sexy dom to get the needed information for the magazine article being written, right? Well Ashley is doing exactly that, her only hang up is that said dom is actually her former friend's stepdad. Time has passed and Dare is no longer married to Helen's mom, but Ashley still remembers the sexy stepdad from her high school days. Despite her best attempt at keeping the interactions information based only, it does
caren
Nov 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
nope.
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This book was all serials put together into one book. I am reviewing them all as 1 book here.

From the blurb under the book I expected this book to go completely differently.

The premise is that Ashley might get the "story of a lifetime" about a "real life Christian Grey".....sorta heard this before.

She's supposed to write a story about a Dom and all that it entails in a Dom/Sub relationship. He is going to "train her" and be her "mentor". This I didn't feel.

BUT it's actually not the same as Chris
Kim
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: BDSM LOVERS
ARC kindly provided by author for honest review

Forbidden , forbidden everywhere! 15 bite

Ashley wants to do an article on BDSM, this is where it gets a little complicated so I'll introduce everyone.

Mr. Gallagher (Dare): Sexy AF Dom.

Ashley: Heroine

Adam: Crush, friend, boss, and Ashley's brother's best friend

Helen: Ashley's friend 6 years ago, who is also Dare's ex step daughter.

what is happening

Like I said Forbidden everywhere.

Ashley has had a crush on Adam for years, but she has also has a crush on Dare.

Dare promise
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Excuse me while I try and contain my raging hormones a second!

So this starts with our heroine Ashley researching a Dom/Sub relationship for an article. To help with this she meets with an old friends ex stepfather ( that isn't as confusing as I've made it sound).

Well not long into that first meeting the article is forgotten and too right it should be, sod work let's get it on with Mr Gallagher! I don't really read any Dom/Sub books but this one was hot right from the start.

"Come over here and k
Angie
This is the first of a book broken up into three very short parts. We're introduced to Ashley; her boss and friend, Adam; and her best friend from high school's former step-father (hasn't seen either in about 6 or more years), Dare. The points of view jump around so you are getting each of the character's thoughts. I really liked that and it helped to add to the story. Since this is broken up into short parts, there is a very good cliffhanger. Fortunately, I received this as an ARC through NetGa ...more
Carla
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly sexy book with dominance and a little tabu!

I got this Arc on Netgalley for an honest review and even though it was a short read it was perfect!

She is doing research on dominant and sub relationship and she chose the best teacher.

The characters have amazing chemistry and we get a glimpse of what the next book will bring.

The fact that adam seems to be inclined to dominance as well has so much potential that you can wait to read the next book to see what happens.

Dare's character emanated
Annmarie
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Spoilers maybe? Only if my guesses are right.

Can't believe she told Adam to wait for her while she continued to sleep with Dare. Are u friggin serious ???? And I can already tell Helen wants the stepfather. Plus I think Adam had some kind of sexual relationship with Dare in college. Let's see.
Ilana
Series: My Best Friend's Stepfather #1

Overview

Char (1RadReader59)
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ashley is now working for a magazine and her boss happens to be her brother’s best friend, Adam. Adam doesn’t know it but Ashley has had a crush on him since she was a teenager. When they met she was 16 and he was in his twenties. What Ashley doesn’t know is that he too has had a crush on her but has worried about acting on it due to her being his best friend’s younger sister plus now he’s her boss.
Each time Ashley has been with a guy it has slowly killed him. They have become real good friend
Lou
Oct 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
Katie
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Opal Carew and the step-romance genre has been quite popular of late, so I couldn’t resist reading this 3 book serial type series. A little different and definitely exciting, My Best Friend’s Stepfather Part 1 is fun, intriguing and sizzling hot. As is the norm with Ms Carew, this was another well written book with fun characters and a cliffhanger that will make part two to be picked up ASAP.

Ashley works for a magazine and has found the perfect article to research and share wit
April Symes
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

This is the first in a trilogy by author Opal Carew. Ashley has her first lead feature and she decides to interview a Dominant to bring attention and explain the lifestyle of a D/s. She gets that help from her former friend's stepdad whom she actually has a HUGE crush on. Dare is no longer married to her former friend but the attraction is still there. Ashley tries to keep the interview an interview only, it ends up where Ashley submits to Dare's demands. And oh did she submit. The interaction b
Ashley
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ashley has feelings for her boss Adam and he has feelings for her too. However both of them have had the same feelings towards the same man for years. Neither of them want to take the next step and ruin their friendship though. Ashley decides that she wants to write an article about BDSM and goes to the one person she knows can help and the one person she has had a crush on since she was a teenager. She goes to her best friends step father, Dare, and they end up falling for each other. Dare and ...more
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received Opal Carew book My Best Friend's Stepfather part 1 in an ARC in exchange for a honest review. I give this book 5 stars because the Author did such a perfect job keeping the reader so intrigued in this book. In the beginning you meet a woman name Ashley who wants to write an article on BDSM. She works for a man who is not only her brother best friend but his also the man she has always been in love with, but Ashley thinks that Adam doesn't share the same feelings she does, so she treat ...more
Debi
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgallery
I received a copy from publisher and Netgalley for an honest review.

First let me say that I find Opal Carew's books entertaining. She can pack a lot of good stuff in a small space. Not a fan of cliffhangers, but this is a serial. Just let me say, the book's final book's conclusion was a bit of a surprise.

Ashley had a taboo crush on her best friends stepfather Darien Gallagher. Now she is all grown up and plans to interview him for an magazine article she's writing about BDSM. Dare is a real lif
L.A. Miller
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was given an ARC of this book from Net Galley as well as the other two in the series in exchange for my honest opinion. I have to say that the premise was intriguing and caught my attention. However as I began to read it I quickly lost interest. We have the typical triangle, older more experienced man, girl who is drawn to him, yet has the teenage crush still part of her life. Teen age crush who is too afraid to make a move for the woman of his dreams. The story became predictable, while it ha ...more
Charlotte Villette
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
My best friend's stepfather is a series of adult books all about the BDSM world. If you have read 50 shades of grey, than you would love these books! It reminds me totally of 50 shades.
The story line is pretty good, and I feel the characters are well written, especially since you read from multiple points of views.
Ashley is very eager to learn about the Dom and Sub world, and 'Dare' is very happy to teach her. It all becomes very complicated when Ashley's old friend Adam has been having feelings
Clare
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This book promised good things but it barely lived up to it sadly. I enjoy Opals writing and I've read quite a bit from her.

Ashley's to interview Darien (Dare) Gallagher, a real life Dom and it could launch her career as a journalist. He's supposed to be her best friends stepfather but she hasn't seen her best friend in six years so I think that hardly qualifies as a best friend. As for Dare being a Dom, maybe he needs to go back to Dom school because his dominating skills are lacking. And then
Elle Markov
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
** this review is for all 3 parts **

I’m a huge fan of Opal Carew but I just couldn’t get into this one.

The characters: Ash, Dare and Adam just didn’t keep me entertained.

Plus, I felt that as the story progressed it just got too crazy.

I also hated Dare’s step-daughter; she was such be-ach and in the end she gets no just deserts or anything.

I also didn’t like the ending, but then I was not a huge fan of the three of them ending up together.

Overall, I will still read Ms. Carew’s work because she
Roanne Germaine
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars for this first part

Part 1 left me wanting to finish the whole book immediately. The plot in Part 1 is thick and the characters are exciting, especially Dare and Adam , and leaves you wondering who Ashley ' s gonna end up with in the end. My only concern in this book is how the 3rd person transitions are written. Other than that, this is one exciting hot read.

An ARC was provided to me by the publisher via Netgally in exchange of an honest to goodness review .
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review.

A quick short read. Ashley is a journalist working on a report about the BDSM lifestyle. Her friends ex stepfather has agreed to help her out. They have an instant chemistry between them. She is also crushing on her friend Adam. Now she will have to choose which one she wants to take a chance with. What is going to happen? I look forward to reading the next installment.
Sophie
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
**I received a copy of this book via NetGalley**

I enjoyed this book but I didn't love it. It was nothing like I was expecting it to be but it was still good. The writing was excellent and the sex scenes were very well done however it was highly focused on the sex. This isn't a bad thing since it is an erotica novel however I just simply prefer my erotica with more plot rather than just sex.
Tammy McGowan
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
i am not a fan of serials but this had me interested. we just get the start of what is going to happen and so far i have been intrigued. i enjoy a good bdsm story and this is it.
she is doing research and what a teacher to learn from!
i need to know what happens.
Amy Miller
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like the idea of the story. The back and forth between Dare and Adam is a little confusing. Then Adam's back and forth with his own feelings also drives me a little crazy. I do love how things ended in book one can't wait to read more!
Billi
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC for honest review.
What a great short read! This book will get you engine revving, but be warned, it will leave you wanting for the next book in the series. Carew did a great job with the characters and the build up of the story. Can't wait for the next installment!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Tangled Web
  • Transgressions
  • The Price of Temptation
  • An Agreement Among Gentlemen
  • Rochester: A Novel Inspired By Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre"
  • Don't Deny Me, Part Three (Don't Deny Me, #3)
  • Savage Chains: Scarred (Men in Chains, #1.6)
  • The Fireside Inn (The Billionaire Bachelors #1)
  • False Colors
  • Matchless (Black Brothers Trilogy, #2)
  • Her Only Desire (Sultry Summer Nights, #1)
  • The God in Flight
  • Exposed (Ethan Frost, #3)
  • Escape
  • Turbulent Intentions (Billionaire Aviators #1)
  • Part of Me
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

My Best Friend's Stepfather (4 books)
  • My Best Friend's Stepfather #2
  • My Best Friend's Stepfather #3
  • My Best Friend's Stepfather

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)