Start by marking “738 Days (738 Days, #1)” as Want to Read:
738 Days (738 Days, #1)

738 Days

(738 Days #1)

At fifteen, Amanda Grace was abducted on her way home from school. 738 days later, she escaped. Her 20/20 interview is what everyone remembers—Amanda describing the room where she was kept, the torn poster of TV heartthrob Chase Henry on the wall. It reminded her of home and gave her the strength to keep fighting.

Now, years later, Amanda is struggling to live normally. Her
Published June 7th 2016 by Forge Books

To ask other readers questions about 738 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 738 Days

Heartless by Marissa MeyerStrange the Dreamer by Laini TaylorGemina by Amie KaufmanCaraval by Stephanie GarberThree Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
BEA 2016
89 books — 105 voters
YA Novels of 2016
1,129 books — 9,708 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of 738 Days (738 Days, #1)
Norah Una Sumner
My 500th review everyone:

description

Stacey Kade, my queen, never disappoints. This is a very unique and thrilling story about overcoming your fears, redemption and an unexpected love. If you've read the premise of this book, you already know that it deals with some quite difficult subjects - abduction, PTSD. I have connected with Amanda immediately, and NEVER, throughout this book, even though she's been through some awful things and is still coping with them, have I thought of her as weak. For me
Melissa Landers
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've been *dying* to read this ever since I saw the deal announcement on Twitter. First of all, I love me some Stacey Kade. Secondly, how unique is this premise??? A kidnapped girl is held captive for years, and her only source of comfort is a familiar poster of a celebrity boy hanging on the wall. After her escape, she meets the boy and agrees to a promotional trip...of sorts. (I don't want to give too much away). Anyhoo, when I received an early copy, I was bouncing in my seat!

Gah! It was sooo
ambsreads

Snarky comment: Is 739 days really that long when you fall in love after two?

738 Days was an anticipated book for me. I had hunted online for it but for some reason it was not available in Australia, which meant I had to buy it and then wait. Now, if you know me I hate waiting. I can't stand it. I'm not patient at all and would rather cry than wait. However, I did it for this book. Sure, it didn't really feel worth it when the book hit about 50% but I did enjoy this book which was great after m
Stacee
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I had heard a lot of good things about this book and I've enjoyed some of Stacey's other books, so it was really just a matter of time before I got my hands on it.

Rape is a hard limit for me and I wasn't quite sure what I was getting into when it was mentioned within the first paragraph. I will admit to hesitating, but I'm so glad I read this.

I really liked Amanda and Chase. They both have horrible backgrounds and while they're entirely different situations, the stress and anxiety is the same.
Jaime Arkin
Have you ever finished reading a book and wished you had read it sooner? I mean, I had this ARC, and I really wanted to read it, but it just didn’t make it to the top of my to read pile very fast which makes me sad, because once I finally picked it up and finished it, I wanted to start all over again at the first page.

Now I know that when you read the summary of this you’ll think it’s going to be a super heavy story… and don’t get me wrong, because it is, the basis of this story is heartbreakin
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
A copy of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I've never read any of Stacey Kade's books before, but I've definitely had some interest in reading them, to be sure. None more than 738 Days, though, which says a lot about the content. I usually shy away from new adult novels because they tend to get really cliche and trope-y. Damaged girl with tragic backstory. Hero with his own share of baggage. Coping i
Nikki
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aahhhhhhh that was SO GOOD. It got a little predictable near the end, but man, I haven't gotten THIS invested in (and glued to) a contemporary since... idek when. It reminded me a little bit of I'll Meet You There -- not the plot or characters, but just the author's ability to suck me in, to make me believe in the characters and story, and to completely destroy my emotions every step of the way.

UGH. So good. Will attempt to post a real review sometime soon.

(Also, FYI: adult/new adult. Not YA.)
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it

“We are not our mistakes, our tragedies. We’re more than that.”

Amanda Grace was abducted and held for 738 days. The terror and torture she lived through cannot possibly be described. But she escaped. She survived! One light in the darkness was a poster of Hollywood hottie, Chase Henry. His face and smirk-smile reminded her of home, which gave her the hope and drive to keep fighting. Now two years later Amanda is still battling the scars and Chase’s career is in a nosedive. Chase is barely holdin
Monica Murphy
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Was lucky enough to read this book early and OMG peeps. It's a MUST READ. I adored every page and was sad when I finished. Can't say it enough - this book is amazing!
Trevor
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na, 2017, tlb, worth-a-reread
Books with sensitive subject themes such as rape have a very high chance of going wrong, either coming off as insensitive or having survivors make miraculous recoveries that are both unrealistic & dangerous (basically I mean by erasing their PTSD). This is not the case in 738 DAYS. Focusing primarily on the aftermath process, Amanda has been abducted for 2 years & is rescued after her captor is shot dead. 2 years later, she is now 20 years old & still trying to find a way to heal. Her family pla ...more
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

The premise of 738 Days was interesting and was what made me pick up the book. Though, the quick nature of the romantic relationship and the dramatics in the latter part of the book was problematic. I felt like the author did a wonderful job in the beginning at accurately depicting a woman trying to overcome her traumatic past. Amanda's reactions to certain situations felt real and in no way felt like the author was trying to use her mental illness as a plot device, which I enjoyed.

The other
Julia's Book Haven
A beautifully written story about finding the strength to keep going after life throws you some really hard hits. And being able to trust and find love in an unlikely place. Really enjoyed this one, it pulled me in right from the start and I didn't want it to end. Definitely recommend this one to everyone!!
Katie
What is trauma in the face of true instalove? It doesn't stand a chance!
Stacey Kade
Nov 19, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-me
Not a review. Just a quick note that 738 DAYS is on sale for $2.99 on Kindle, as of today (11/19/17). I don’t know how long it will last, but it’s on for now! ❤️

Ksenia
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ksenia by: Laura
I have this habit of putting a book on my tbr-list and actually picking it up months, even years later. But after I’ve read Laura’s beautiful review I knew I needed 738 Days right that moment. I started it right away with a certainty that I would love it, and I was right.

This book starts with a heart-wrenching prologue. Amanda has been kidnaped and is hold captive in a basement chained to the wall. Yet another visit from her abuser is approaching and he may finally kill her this time. During thi
Joy (joyous reads)
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
738 Days, for the most part, is a stereotypical new adult novel: girl and boy with broken pasts save each other from their own demons. It also has one of those impossible romances: celebrity actor falls in love with a commoner. And yet, even with these clichèd tropes, I ended up enjoying this book. At 432 pages, it’s also a bit heftier than your average romance novels. But you’ll never notice the pages flipping by because you’re so ensconced in Amanda Grace’s and Chase Henry’s plights.

The beginn
Kristin
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I've read a story plot this deep or thought provoking as this one in a long, long time.  My brain muscles are still un-cramping from all the thinking and flat out speed reading I've done in the last two days.  This is just one of those stories that doesn't have a good place to stop, regroup, and circle your thoughts back around.

The entire premise may sound hokey to some but if it's executed right, it could be marvelous - this story is just that!

Starting with a dramatic, on-the-ed
Myrna
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Good book. At times, the plot was captivating. At other times, it was quite the opposite. The author does know how to write great characters. They were likable, realistic, and well thought out. Good story of loss, love and second chances.
Nance
***POSSIBLE SPOILERS PRESENT WITHIN REVIEW***

4.5 star rating

Wow! This one practically broke my heart. It was so hard to imagine the pain that this young woman was going through. At fifteen years old Amanda Grace is abducted as she walks to school. Not seen from in two years and presumed to be dead, her family is elated when police find her. Broken and abused beyond belief, it is hard for her to bounce back into society. Not only is it hard for Amanda, but it is as equally hard for her family to
Nicole M. Hewitt
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

This is one of those books where it's hard to know what to expect. On the one hand, it tackles an incredibly serious and tough subject - the emotional (and physical) scars left from an abduction and abuse. But then, it also incorporates a romance trope that we typically find in much lighter fare - the burnt-out celebrity who needs to freshen up his image by helping out a fan. Somehow Kade managed to blend these two dis
Brittany S.
Initial Impressions 7/7/16: 3.75 - 4 stars
Well that ending was quite a way to wrap the book up!
To be perfectly fair to this book, I don't think I was int he mood for a serious romance when I picked it up. I thought it was going to be more thriller, less contemporary but that was my own lack of investigation. It was a good read but I just was a little eye-rolly at some of the romantic moments for totally no reason (they really weren't that cheesy).
I really liked a lot of things about the book,
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Do you like insta-love?
How about insta-love creates an insta cure for PTSD?
Unless you do, 738 DAYS might not be for you.

Amanda Grace spends 738 DAYS held captive staring at a ripped poster of bad boy actor Chase Henry. Once discovered, she spends the next two years trying to heal from the trauma, under the overprotective eyes of her parents and sisters. For a publicity stunt, Chase meets Amanda and they decide to help each other overcome their pasts.

I’m a sucker for kidnapping stories. Stacey Ka
Ksenia
This was my first foray into New Adult and I loved every minute of it! The relationship between Chase and Amanda takes place over the course of only a few days and honestly, you sort of forget that! I got so swept up in the story and the emotions. The author treats Amanda's backstory with immense gentleness and thoughtfulness, and while reading, you just know that both of these characters need each other to complete their separate journeys of healing.
Ashley
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed, bea16
So, so amazing! Ahhhhhh!
Lauren
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was great! And I usually avoid NA like the plague. I loved Amanda and Chase's story so much.
Crystal | decorating.reader
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
More of a 4.5 for me because I did have a small issue here and there, but solid book overall! Review to come!
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
For more review follow my blog shades of paper

I have to say that I went with pretty high expectations into this book, I don’t know why. If you’ve been here for a while, you’ll probably know already that I have a soft spot when it comes to books about movies or music making, and this story sounded so interesting, so I finally decided to pick it up, and though I enjoyed some parts of the novel, I ended up a bit disappointed with this book.

The thing about this book that I had a lot of issues with i
Christine Alibutud
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it
So here's my two cents:

This book was good...until it wasn't.
description

It was compelling as hell. I mean, that concept. Wow.

BUT!

This was not insta-love, but hey, could've fooled me. Sure, the chemistry is off the charts, but Chase and Amanda's relationship went a bit too fast for my taste, especially with Amanda's condition. Basically, it didn't seem all that realistic to me. This reason was enough to get on my nerve, and was definitely something I couldn't overlook.

Still, I did find it interesting...but m
Fafa's Book Corner
DNF

Mini review:

I won this book through a blog giveaway from Tonyalee at Lilybloombooks. I was really excited to read this book! I have enjoyed the authors previous works. Unfortunately I did not enjoy it.

Ultimately it was too brutal for my liking. I should've realized that when I read the synopsis. But I didn't and I felt sick reading this.

I do still recommend it.

• Tone Deaf
  • Still Broken
  • What Happens Next
  • Stronger Than You Know
  • Goalie (Texas Mutiny, #3)
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy (Hollywood, #1)
  • Die letzte erste Nacht (Firsts, #3)
  • The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1)
  • Rock Country (The Vegas Aces #1)
  • Redemption (Cavan Gang #2)
  • That Thing You Do (Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Daring Daddy (Montana Daddies, #5)
  • The Mystery of Miss Mason (The Lost Lords #5)
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Being Bad
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Barefoot in Hyde Park (The Hellion Club Book 2)
  • Caught Up In You (The Monroes, #2)
  • The Book of V.
The daughter of a minister and a music teacher, Stacey Kade grew up reading Harlequin romances on the sly in the basement. Kade is the author of two young adult series (The Ghost and Goth trilogy and the Project Paper Doll series). Her first adult contemporary romance, 738 DAYS, was released earlier this year.

Prior to writing full time, Kade worked as an award-winning copywriter for several Fortun

738 Days (2 books)