Start by marking “Awakened (Intimate Relations, #3)” as Want to Read:
Awakened (Intimate Relations, #3)

Awakened

(Intimate Relations #3)

PASSION NEVER SLEEPS.

Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published June 28th 2016 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Awakened, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awakened

Claire Robinson
3 - "Things have changed over the past couple weeks or so..." Stars.

Awakened isn’t the first book I have read by this author, but it is the first full book in the Intimate Relations series that I have read. It’s advertised as a standalone, and yes on the whole I would agree with that, I don’t think missing the previous two was detrimental to my reading experience with this one, but I do think it may have been beneficial in the overall scheme of things.

"I’m much better with software than I am wit
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This is the last in the series, it's wrapping everything up and we get a lot of the previous couples as well as a whole new mystery to solve.

Marc, has harbored a crush on Mandy since first meeting her. Because of his questionable past, he's been keeping things platonic between them, too scared to risk her happiness and safety. Even though what he really feels is light years away from the friendship zone he's put them in. He soon finds out that Mandy has been yearning for him just as fiercely.

Wh
Darcy
This book wrapped things up in a great way. While it seemed like Marc and Mandy jumped into a relationship fast, I was ok with it. They had known each other for a while and thrown together while their group of friends constantly gathered and endured their dramas. I liked that everyone ended up as a couple, loved how Marc figured out a unique living situation that allowed them all to continue to have that closeness and how they even added a new couple, one that was a bit unexpected, but very welc ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Awakened,  Kate Douglas

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance, suspence

Third book in Kate’s intimate relations series, I enjoyed the first two and this looked to be a great continuation.

We’ve seen Kaz and Jake fall in love, then Jake's brother Ben falls for Kaz friend Lola, and now Jake's friend Marc is falling for Mandy, Lola’s sister.
Confused yet?? A close group of friends and it could be quite sickly, incestuous almost they way the group is finding romance within its bounds,
Dana Alma
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Awakened by Kate Douglas is the conclusion of the Intimate Relations series. I enjoyed this story more than the others in the series. Mandy and Marcus's love story is sweet and heartwarming. It did seem that the relationship took off at a rather quick pace, but overall this story was a good read. I am happy to see that Douglas delivered Marc in a much better light than previous main characters in series. He has so many great qualities and wins the girl in the end! I look forward to more from Kat ...more
Amy
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, 4-stars
Fantastic read!!

*I received a copy of this book via Goodreads Firstreads
Kimberly Westrope
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Maybe I would have liked this story more, had I read the previous books in the series. I think I liked the supporting characters more than the two main characters. There was a lot of potential in that relationship, I just didn't feel really drawn to it. I'm not sure why. Perhaps if the story had focused more on that central relationship and had less of the others, I don't know.

I actually really liked all their friends, and I enjoyed the times they were around more that when it was just Marc and
TinaMarie
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marc is having dreams and after seeing an hypnotherapist realizes he's seen his mothers murder. Mandy has had a crush on Marc ever since she seen him ride his bike past her coffee shop and after their roommates leave on a trip they come together and realize their love. Their love is sweet and supportive. Nice read. All the previous couples are integrated into the story as well.
Kathy
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: goodreads-gift
I probably would have enjoyed this book more if I had read the books that came before. It spent a lot of time on the other couples. Another thing that concerned was that the main couple fell in love right off and was not much excitement between them after that. I just really had a hard time getting through it. Sorry.
Cindy
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Krissys
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star, featured-books
Small-town barista Mandy Monroe will never forget the first time she saw the man of her dreams. Every morning, this impossibly gorgeous hunk would ride his bike past her coffee shop, fueling her wildest romantic fantasies. But when she learns that her crush is none other than vineyard owner Marc Reed, one of America’s hottest young entrepreneurs, Mandy knows her fantasy will never become a reality. That is, until Marc’s home burns down and he moves in with her…

As a roommate, Marc is as warm, fri
Sandy S
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 28, 2016

PASSION NEVER SLEEPS.

Kim
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

Mandy has had a crush on Marc for years. Before he was ever rich or famous, she used to see this insanely hot geeky guy on a bike riding by the coffee shop every day but he never stopped in. When he became successful and was featured in popular magazines, she finally found out his name but she never expected her best friend's boyfriend to be Marc's best friend and to bring him to her home one day. Their friends have been trying to play matchmaker for Mandy and Marc ever since, but they
E.
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it

“Awakened” by Kate Douglas is a romantic suspense story that does a wonderful job of tying in with the two books that precede it yet provides its own mystery and suspense in a way that allows it to be read as a stand-alone story. I love the way the warmth that exists between the two main characters simmers until it explodes in a delicious combination of passion and love that allows each character to expand and become a strong half of a bond, just as has occurred with the others in thei
Angel Hatfield
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mark had dreamed many times of a man killing a woman he didn’t know who they were or when this happened but the man had his eyes. Mandy was interested in Mark but he showed no interest in her. Mandy and her sister Lola hadn’t really been apart, they had been alone so much as kids it was like they raised themselves. Now Lola was off to D C with Ben her boyfriend. Mandy had lusted after Mark for years and when they finally met she fell in love with him. Mandy had worked at a coffee shop and with n ...more
Sportochick
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This amazing hot and sexy Intimate Relations series is for all readers it includes danger, love, mystery, love of family and HEA's. Appropriately named this series has some very hot love scenes that will curl your toes and heat you up.

Awakened finally gives the reader Marc's story. Marc is a present figure in every book of the Intimate Relations series and as a reader he intrigued me with his sexy laidback personality.

I was enthralled with the authors use of hypnosis to solve Marc's nightmares/
Misty
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed Kate Douglas' books in the past and this one is no different. Mandy lives in the same house as her sister, Lola, and her boyfriend, Ben, who is best friends with Marc. Marc happens to live with them. Mandy has had a crush on Marc since the first time she saw him riding his old motorcycle through town years earlier. Like Mandy, Marc has had a thing for her, but he thought she wasn't interested so he kept his distance. Their friends all left for various trips leaving Marc and Mandy ...more
Paula
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awakened by Kate Douglas is book three of an excellent romantic suspense series. This is one of her best series in my humble opinion. I enjoy the romantic suspense by Ms. Douglas much more than her paranormal series, so I was happy to see her continue to expand in this genre. While Awakened is pretty much a stand-alone the previous two couples are involved in the story of Marc and Mandy. Plus, if you have read the others you could see the connection in the relationships between all.

Awakened begi
Crystal Marie
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Douglas has blown me away with another great story. I do want to say this though — I actually haven’t read all of the books in this series yet, but I wasn’t lost at all when it came to Marc and Mandy’s story. So on that note, I would say that for me personally, this wasn’t a true series and can be read as a standalone.

But, enough of all of that. Back to the story!

I really was shocked at how much I enjoyed this story because it started out with a sexy start, but this book ended up bei
Rosemary K
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Marcus Reed is tormented by violent dreams. He needs to know if they are really suppressed memories. Did he really strangle a woman with his bare hands? Mandy, his friend and lover, is there to help him. He cares for her and wants to make sure that it's safe for them to be together. Marc is such a wonderful hero. He's kind and caring, but unsure of himself when it comes to love. His father is a cruel and greedy man who doesn't care for his son. Now that Marc is wealthy he wants his money. His mo ...more
Arys
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Awakened by Kate Douglas is book three and the conclusion of her Intimate Relations series. Focusing on the characters, barista Mandy Monroe and entrepreneur Marcus Reed.

Mandy has had a crush on Marcus before she even knew who he was. When he was just some sexy stranger riding his bike past her coffee shop. However, when Marcus moves in with her, her sister Lola, and Lola's fiancée (Marcus' friend) Ben, after his apartment catches on fire, Mandy soon realizes she's fallen in love with him.

For
Brooke
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
**This book was given to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

Unfortunately, with this being book 3 in the series, I felt a little lost. Yes, I suppose this could be considered a stand-alone and perhaps it isn't fair to jump into the middle of a series and then say negative things when I'm obviously missing important previous events and plot build up from the first 2 books...but, I've read enough books this way to know when it matters and when it doesn't. With this one, it mattered.
P Leslie
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

Mandy has been lusting after Marc for years but when her flat mates take a vacation, she is completely alone with Marc for a week. Marc is sexy, gorgeous and rich but most importantly he is a down to earth guy. He can't possibly be interested in her, a barista - he's way out of her league - or is he?

Marc has been attracted to Mandy from the moment he set eyes on her, she's special and too good for him. He's haunted by his terrifying nightmar
Lillian Cummings
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Can Mandy & Marc make a go of their relationship all will it be best to stay friends? They have both given each other space but it is the right time now for them.
Marc can't believe that Mandy feels the same but he is worried as the nightmares are getting worse and he doesn't want to hurt her as he knows that he has already hurt someone. Mandy knows that there is something going on and when Marc tells her she knows that he needs help.
What they find surprises them but it makes sense to Marc an
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 3 1/2
Awakened was the final installment in the Intimate Relations trilogy. This was a good ending to a good series. It has been fun to watch Marc and Mandy dance around each other over the last two books. It was good to finally see them act on their lust. It was also so great to see how strong Mandy is. Marc couldn’t have asked for a better partner.
If you haven’t read this series and you enjoy romance suspense. You will enjoy t
Linda Rea
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marcy had been in love with the guy who rode by the coffee shop she worked in and to find out Marc was her sisters boss was perfect. Marc and Mandy feel in love right from the start but Marc was afraid he would hurt her because he kept having reoccurring dreams of him killing a woman. When Mandy suggested he see a hypnotherapist he figured what could go wrong, but it turns out it wasn't Marc who killed a woman it was his dad killing his mom.
Really good story that the characters get you involved
Samantha
Awakened is the story of Marc and Maddie. Maddie has had a crush on Marc for over seven years when she first saw him outside of the coffee shop where she worked. When things went bad with her sister, and she met Ben. Marc was brought into her life. Then his place burned down and he moved in with Lola, Maddie, and Ben. Of course that wasn't hard or anything.

Marc feel for Maddie the first time he saw her. The problem ? He's not wanted to jeopardize anything and has kept himself away from her. Now
DemetraP
Jul 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book does not work as a stand alone. I had not read the earlier 2 books in the series and was completely lost.

Also, the hero and heroine had apparently known each other for a while before this book started. So in the first few pages, they immediately sleep together. But only after he thinks of her as petite, and a pixie about 5 times in the first few pages.

There was no build up. I felt like I didn't know either of the characters. They immediately slept together, and went looking for condo
Jeannie Platt
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in the Intimate Relations series and Mark and Mandy are such a great couple.

Roommates who are attracted to each other that find themselves in love fairly quickly with a lot of craziness going on.

There is suspences, smokin sex scenes, romance, love, and even a murder mystery. This book packs a lot into its 309 pages.

I very much enjoyed it and thought it was a great ending to this series.

It is listed as a stand alone but I strongly suggest you read all of the books to know
K
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
ARC provided in exchange for review.

This was a good book. There were some slow points though that had me wishing they would hurry up. The beginning and the end of the book seemed to be much better suspense wise. For some reason once they got to the vineyard it seemed like the book seemed to drag. I enjoyed Marc and Mandy as characters, they seemed to be well developed and interesting. You could read this as a standalone but I may have liked it more if I had read the previous stories.

• Darkest Flame: Part 4
  • In the Mood Fur Love
  • Caught Up in the Touch (Sweet Home Alabama, #2)
  • The Devil Wears Spurs (Texas Kings, #1)
  • Rival Forces (K-9 Rescue #4)
  • Hard Ride (Ready to Ride, #4)
  • Deeper Than Need (Secrets & Shadows, #1)
  • On the Naughty List
  • One Enchanted Season
  • Bonfire Beach (The Billionaire Bachelors #2)
  • Phoenix Rising (The Phoenix Institute, #1)
  • Proving Ground (Northstar Security, #1)
  • Close Up
  • In the Cards
Some people just seem to know they are meant to write, but it can still take a while to figure out exactly what their career will entail. Kate Douglas started out writing radio copy for a country western radio station in 1972, wrote and illustrated an educational cartoon strip for the American Mosquito Control Association for a number of years, was a newspaper reporter for a small town weekly wher ...more

Intimate Relations (3 books)
  • Intimate (Intimate Relations, #1)
  • Redemption (Intimate Relations, #2)