Start by marking “Where Love Lies” as Want to Read:
Where Love Lies

Where Love Lies

When Felicity steps off the train on the way to meet her husband, she is so sure of everything in her life. Where she is headed, what she will order at the restaurant, the first words her husband will say to her when she arrives, their happy future together.

But then she catches a scent of perfume in the air, and suddenly she is overcome by forgotten emotions-passionate mem
Published August 9th 2016 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2014)

Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
This was a stunning novel, one that captured both my heart and mind as I progressed through the journey of words, it was a book I could not stop reading, so beautifully written and with such a fantastic plot. This is a great novel.

What's it about?

Lately, Felicity just can't shake a shadow of uncertainty. Her husband Quinn is the kindest person she knows and loves her peculiarities more than Felicity feels she deserves. But suddenly it's as if she doesn't quite belong.

Then Felicity experiences so
Aditi
Jeffrey Stepakoff, an American television writer, producer, and author, has captured the definition of any particular “scent" in his remarkable words, as;

“A good fragrance is really a powerful cocktail of memories and emotion.”

Julie Cohen, the English author has crafted a beautiful tale about scents and fragrances triggering any particular memory in her new novel, Where Love Lies. I'm pretty sure that while reading the book, you too are going to get engulfed by the beauty of this tale and also
Elaine
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like-it-like-it
This is a romance book that just took my breath away. It is a very atmospheric, almost mystical read, the story of Felicity and Quinn. They have been married for a year after quite a whirlwind romance and Quinn must really be the most considerate, kindest man ever. Felicity is so lucky to have him. Felicity’s mother had died not long before she met Quinn and now she really feels that she doesn’t quite deserve Quinn, and a bit swamped by his very close knit family.

Strange things start to happen t
sue
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I received an advance copy from Random House UK, Transworld Publishers via Net Galley which I was very happy to get as I so wanted to read this book. I loved the cover, I'm a bit of a 'see with your eyes' kind of reader/reviewer, I think if an effort is put into a cover, it show how much the author puts into their book and how they see it, they want to dress it up for the world. OK, if that makes me shallow, then I am shallow, but after saying this, I have read books with not great covers and th ...more
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by St. Martin's Griffin in exchange for an honest review*
I can't rate this book. 5 measly stars is not, and will never, be enough to capture the overwhelming love and appreciation I have for this novel and this author now. This novel has become one of the most amazing books I've read in my entire lifetime and I will never tire of recommending it.
This story follows Felicity, a woman happily married to a man named Quinn. They live in a small town and their marriage has been comfortab
Anne
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every now and then, you come across a book that you're just so desperate to share with others. One of those books that you've enjoyed so much that you might burst if you don't tell anyone else about it. It's so rude though, isn't it? You're enthusing about a book that no-one can get their hands on until it's published at the end of July. But then again, people might be pre-ordering, planning their future reading... and I know the book's already available to reviewers on netgalley.

Anyway, let me
Kim
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, kindle, net-galley
I really enjoyed this book. Felicity writes children's books and she's a bit quirky. She's married to loyal, dependable Quinn. But she starts thinking about a 'rock star' she knew when she was 20. She keeps smelling things that remind her of people and transport her back in time. She worries she may be ill and books a doctors appointment that she misses. She decides that she needs to seek out her past love and the book deals with the fall out of her decisions, the hurt caused and the way she dea ...more
Brenda A
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
Felicity does a lot of stupid assholey things and then she's excused from taking any responsibility.
Also, her husband is a saint and never gets mad about anything ever.
Hannah
In some ways, I can tell how much I love a book by how many Goodreads categories I shelve it under. Where Love Lies, by Julie Cohen, ticked the boxes of a lot of shelves for me, including "sense of place," "comforting," and "big issues." More than this, though, it captured my heart, and continues to linger in my mind days after I finished reading it.
I've got a nightstand next to my bed where I like to pile the books I'm reading, or about to read. Much like a literary dragon with a hoard, I take
Stephanie
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I requested this novel on NetGalley on a whim, despite having a 'to read' pile a mile long. I'm glad I did request it, and I'm even more glad that I dove in virtually straightaway. Julie Cohen's 'Where Love Lies' is a corker of a book and goes beyond Women's Fiction and takes into account mental health/illness, family issues and the consequences of emotional infidelity.

The main character, Felicity, is an a stereotypical artist--flighty and hard to reach. Her husband Quinn dotes on her and does e
Rhoda Baxter
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fantastic. It's about love. Not necessarily about romance, but about the nature of love. What makes up that wonderful swooping, magical feeling of being in love? Is it feelings? Memories? Something magical? Something visceral? If the feeling of being in love was killing you, would you chose to get rid of it?

Felicity occasionally smells frangipani and with the smell comes a very vivid sensation of being in love. At first she thinks the feeling is directed towards her husband, Quinn (
Renita D'Silva
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Poignant. Loved and felt for Quinn
Sophie
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Review posted originally http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2014...

Where Love Lies is the first Julie Cohen book I’ve ever read and what an incredible author I’ve been missing out on. This book was simply stunning – a fascinating, gripping plot pieced together cleverly and always heart-wrenching and beautiful to read.

Felicity is married to the seemingly perfect Quinn, who’s loving, devoted and faultlessly loyal to her. But doubts are there for Felicity, doubts which make her feel like her love f
Beadyjan
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
Having read and enjoyed the authors previous novel, "Dear Thing" I was delighted when her latest book, due to be published at the end of July was made available for review on Netgalley. I was even more delighted when a fellow book blogger whose tastes are similar to mine posted a rave review, this accolade alone made me keen to read it.

I wasn't disappointed one bit. This is an easy romantic read with a little darker twist to it. The authors skill lies in creating very real characters and putting
Bookevin
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
www.iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com

After reading Julie Cohen's phenomenal novel, Dear Thing, last year, I knew she would be the one to watched. Cleverly balancing the fine line between realness and fiction, she delved into the complexities and complications of childbirth. When I got the chance to review Where Love Lies, I jumped at the chance and surely, it didn't disappoint!

In Where Love Lies, the heroine, Felicity Bloom seems to have the life everyone wants. She's married to the sweetest, most c
Lisa
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, won, 2014-release
4,5 stars.
Zoe
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Where love lies". A story of memories and love.
Felicity - married to Quinn - suddenly smells a familiar scent which instantly takes her back to her first love. This familiar scent haunts her until she can't ignore it. Does she still love ex, Ewan? What will become of her marriage to Quinn?

This book isn't as it first appears. This isnt a typical "who will she choose?" chick flick. I wasn't expecting the plot to develop how it did and without giving too much away, the fact that science is featu
Hannah Symonds
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished reading this book and was utterly enthralled with it. I have to say I haven't ever read a book like this before. I think from this book I have found out something that I never knew existed, but I did find it very interesting to learn about. Julie has written such a beautiful but thought provoking story that focuses on family relationships, love and loss. This story is written in three parts so you really get to understand how all three main characters are feeling, which I re ...more
C.L. Taylor
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful, tender, thought-provoking and exquisitely crafted novel about the nature of love - where it originates, how long it lasts and how deeply it imprints on us - and the way in which a scent can transport us back in time to another life, and another love. Romantic, philosophical and moving this is the sort of book that will stay with you, lingering like the scent of frangipani, long after you've closed the pages. Highly recommended.
Heather Davidson
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book.... This book. Such a gem, so heartbreaking and rewarding. More than a book, a journey, truth, love, life. It tore at my heart out at times, made me hate Felicity at times, love Quinn always, but in the end, it will always be a treasure to me. A reminder of why I'm an avid reader.
Amanda
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a dreamlike and beautifully written novel about what love really is. I loved the unreliable narrator in Felicity and the unfolding of what was actually happening with her.
Tiffani Long
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Once again, in a world of amazing 5 star reviews, I'm eh about this. Which really ticks me off because I WAS SO EXCITED to finally buy this and read it. I didn't care for the layout of the story. The alternating between POV wasn't consistent. The main character was getting on my nerves like crazy. All in all, I skimmed through some and really wanted it to be over, but it did have a decent ending, so it gained a few points there.
El
Oct 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017, audiobook, library
I struggled with this book. The protagonist, Felicity, is so annoying with her vagueness and general lack of consideration of those around her that I couldn't have cared less what happened to her. And when I worked out very early on what the final reveal would be I just thought, concerning the author, "Please do not cop out with that ending." And then she did! Very disappointing indeed.
Kate
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich konnte mich bis zum 3. Teil des Buches nicht wirklich mit der Protagonistin anfreunden. Im dritten Teil wurde sie mir allmählich sympathischer, aber Quinn blieb bis zum Ende hin mein Favorit.
Teilweise musste ich mich durchkämpfen, aber im Großen und Ganzen eine schöne Geschichte.
Leanne
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such an unexpected turn of events in this book. Intense emotions. Beautiful writing.
Cheryl McDonald-Tuckwell
Second book I have read by this author and was again brilliant
Susan
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So So . . .

It was okay. Nothing great for me. But some might like it better than me. I will probably forget what it is about in a few months.
PrettyFlamingo
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Review to follow
Sally East
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning I was captivated by this story. It is written with beauty, truth and soul. This is a story that will stay with me for a very long time. My favourite by this author so far...
Nic
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
⭐⭐ 2 stars.

Not for me sorry. Felicity - annoying. Quinn - suffocating. Quinn’s family - over bearing. Story - about a smell.

The end.

• Love Potions
  • Heaven Scent
  • Star Gazing
  • Heartbreak Cake
  • The Grand Reopening of Dandelion Café (Cherry Pie Island, #1)
  • FU Cancer