Start by marking “The Lawman's Surprise Family” as Want to Read:
The Lawman's Surprise Family

The Lawman's Surprise Family

Their Secret Child

For eight years, journalist and single mother Sofia McCray kept her son a secret from his maverick father. But when she returns to her small Montana hometown, her high school sweetheart isn't the rebellious teen she left behind. Ben Blake is a widowed cop who's been through heartbreak, and he wants their child in his life. When her next assignment throws
Published February 23rd 2016 by Love Inspired (first published February 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Lawman's Surprise Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lawman's Surprise Family

Simone Cox
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know these books will have happy endings but I was still turning the pages thinking "will it all be okay?!" :) not what I usually read but I really enjoyed this.
Ranie Elias
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet story of how first love...remains, years later, "forever love"
Michelle
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good inspirational book.
Pam Graber
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nine years ago, Ben Blake broke up with Sofia McCray on prom night. The next day Sofia and her mother packed their bags and moved to California taking a tiny secret with them - Ben's son. Sofia is back in Montana to care for her father whose cancer diagnosis has given her a reason to return. A journalist, Sofia is assigned to ride along with one of the town cops. Imagine her surprise when that cop turns out to be her wild, undisciplined ex-boyfriend, Ben. Before they have a chance to settle into ...more
Michelle
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ben had no idea the life he was losing when Sophia walked away nine years ago. But when he discovers the secret she's carrying, he feels a lot of emotions and promises he'll do the right thing. As he gets to know his son, Ben must also come to terms with the past - dealing with the death of his wife and child.

One thing I did not like was Sophia's saying "You don't know my son like I do." I have very little tolerance for women who do not inform the father that he has a child for fear of rejection
Hyacinth
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway, thank you. I had never heard of the Inspired Love Series by Harlequin, didn't know they had such a thing. I'm glad I won this book, glad to have read it. What a wholesome read, very realistic, not perfect people, but a perfect God who takes the fragmented pieces of our lives and makes something beautiful with the people we connect with. Jack was a great kid. I wish Ethan could be Ben's foster son, and Sofia and Lisa could've met, lol. Ben's mom got on my ...more
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
*Note: I received a free copy of this book from Goodreads Giveaways*

In short this book was everything you expect from a Love Inspired novel. A sweet romance with just a bit of conflict thrown in to make it interesting. I thought that Johns treated both the awkward situation with the reveal of an unknown son and the realities of domestic violence with appropriate tact and care.

Overall a nice romance that gives you all the warm fuzzies and for those who appreciate it, a dose of faith. I will be le
Bonnie
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Lawman's Surprise Family by Patricia Johns. When Sofia McCray graduated from high school she left town because her boyfriend was a rebel and he had left her in the parking lot where the prom was being held. She returns to town nine years later to take care of her father who has cancer. Sofia's boy is 8 years old and Ben Blake the father, doesn't know about Jack his son. They work at an arrangement to make things easy for their son, Jack. A good read about past and present relationships.
Deborah Dumm
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The characters were believable & well developed, I can't wait to read more books by Patricia Johns!
Jennifer McMurrain
Jun 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
Patricia Johns is not a bad writer, so let's just say this story wasn't written for me.
Harlequin Books
received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Harlequin Books
"Secondary storylines, which address difficult issues (alcoholism and domestic abuse), are well integrated. The characters are genuine and will hold readers’ attention" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).
Kelli Metzger
Eileen
Nov 14, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 25, 2015 05:51AM

• The Guy Next Door
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
  • The Widower's Second Chance (Goose Harbor #1)
  • A Snowglobe Christmas: Yuletide Homecoming\A Family's Christmas Wish
  • White Christmas in Dry Creek
  • Mommy Wanted (Claremont, Alabama, #8)
  • Love Finds a Home (Mirror Lake, #2)
  • Finding His Way Home (Barrett's Mill #3)
  • Reunited with the Sheriff
  • The Bachelor's Sweetheart
  • Her Unforgettable Cowboy (Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch, #1)
  • Catching Her Heart (Home to Hartley Creek #5)
  • Hometown Hearts (Granger Family Ranch #7)
  • Falling for Texas
  • The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3)
  • The Bull Rider's Homecoming
Patricia Johns has her Honors BA in English Literature from University of Toronto. She writes from Alberta, Canada, where she lives with her husband and son.