Start by marking “One Forbidden Knight (Tudor, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Forbidden Knight (Tudor, #2)

One Forbidden Knight

(Tudor #2)

Catherine Linwood is amongst the favored of Tudor Queen Mary–until her physician father dies mysteriously. She’s distraught, shunned and desperate for answers. Catherine's only ally is Sir Brandon FitzAlan...who is willing to risk his life to protect hers. While the handsome stranger’s courage and wit soon capture her heart, his true allegiance and purpose is uncertain.

Bra
Published October 19th 2015 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Scandalous)

To ask other readers questions about One Forbidden Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Forbidden Knight

Julie
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
One Forbidden Knight by Nicola Davidson is a 2015 Entangled (Scandalous) publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a solid historical romance set in the days of “Bloody Mary's” reign. Lady Catherine Linwood is the daughter of an esteemed physician, and is favored by the queen, until her father dies suddenly.

Catherine is immediately suspicious of the alleged cause of death. When she meets Sir Brandon FitzAlan, a basta
Dawn
It was pretty good. I was suprised how full the characters, plot and action were considering it was a novella. I have no criticisms really so how can I rate it less than 5 stars.
Stacy Reid
Catherine's father is dead, and she asked the fiercely loyal and somewhat tortured Brandon, friend of her father, for aid in finding the true cause of her father's death. I enjoyed this novella. Very fast paced with a lively and engaging plot. I was captivated from the first chapter and I read One Forbidden Knight in one sitting, eager to see how our lovers triumphed. The build up and the tension as they searched for the truth was well done, and my heart was pounding in certain bits. Kudos.

The
Angela Simmons
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Catherine and Brand were just so good together that I could not put this book down.

Here’s what’s going on. Catherine was a favorite of Queen Mary until her father, the queen’s physician, dies under mysterious circumstances. Desperate for answers, she turns to her father’s friend Sir Brandon FitzAlan.

Being the bastard of a noble, Brand knows just how much of a viper’s nest the Tudor court can be and there’s no way that he’s leaving Catherine to fend for herself while she searches her answers re
Bev Ross
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: One Forbidden Knight (Kindle Edition)
This was a very very good book! The thoroughly enjoyed it! I thought the authors depiction of the times was very accurate and the love story was very sweet! She was so naïve she couldn't wrap her head around the evil that was the Queen! Her father lived her and raised her with a good and pure heart so she couldn't understand what was happening! Her Knight on the other hand had spent his whole life subjected to life's cruelties as a bastar
Petula
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an Honest review but that does not colour my review in any way.

Bloody Mary is on the throne. It is dangerous time for many. Catherine is the daughter of the best physician in the realm. Catherine is in helping to sooth the pregnant Queen when news arrives of her father's death.
Brand goes to pay his respects at the grave of his friend, and meets Catherine for the first time. He naturally offers her his services if they are ever needed.
Catherine t
Sherilee Gray
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The love story between Catherine and Brand was delicious. Packed with breathtaking romance, heart stopping intrigue and suspense, and smoking hot sex scenes steamy enough to melt your kindle this is a must read! Yes, it’s a novella, but it never felt rushed to me, the characters were well developed and drew me in from the first page. This is the second book in the series, but can be read as a stand-alone, though I loved the first, His Forbidden Lady, just as much and highly recommend going back ...more
Gigi staub
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it

Brand is well used to the lies and shadows of court. Yet nothing prepares him for his sizzling attraction to innocent Catherine,
Char Sowers
"One Forbidden Knight" by Nicola Davidson - ****
I had been hoping for a serviceable Historical Romance, something that would introduce me to a "good enough" new "Period Piece" author since I mostly read Contemporary Romances. Despite my lackluster aspirations I was, excuse the vernacular, knocked on my ass by the potent sexuality and lovely romance of "One Forbidden Knight". This is a quick read with a bold and brash Hero and a sweet and winsome Heroine, who is also a revelation. Of course there
Amanda Richardson
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novella, set during the time after King Henry VIII’s death during the reign of his daughter Bloody Mary. Catherine’s father is the queen’s chief physician and Catherine is one of the many young ladies who attend the queen. Catherine learns that her father has died on the road back to the palace and she is devastated.
Brand is a bastard knight and friend of Catherine’s father; he too is devastated to learn of the physician’s death. He meets Catherine and she expresses her dis
Heidi
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novella is fantastic, it is set during the time after the death of King Henry VIII’s and during the reign of his daughter Mary or as history for tells her Bloody Mary.

Catherine is a young lady loving life, her father happens too be the queen’s chief physician and she among many other young ladies who gets to attend the queen.

Catherine is devastated when she discovers that her father has died on the road back to the palace.

Brand is a bastard knight and also a friend of Catherine’s father; h
Avephoenix
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley

Nicola Davidson did a splendid job of making me feel transported by giving me detail historical description. She did a really good job by creating a vivid world full of character that felt so real, that it was easy to get lost in it.

The character development, the unique setting, plot progression,
Rachael
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this title from Entangled Publishing for an honest review.*

This historical romance novella is set during the reign of Bloody Mary in England and follows a very distraught Catherine who is desperate to find out the truth behind her fathers death. During a trip to his graveside, she meets Sir Brandon also visiting her late father. In conversation she realizes he was one of her father’s closest friends. She recruits him to help her seek out the truth behind his sudden death. S
Melanie
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great historical short read! Nicola Davidson did an awesome job with keeping everything in the Era that she was writing about and made it all seem real life.

Catherine is the daughter of a well known physician that has mysteriously turned up dead. Catherine is dead set on finding out the cause of her father's death and what really happened. Catherine really has no one to turn to except Sir Brandon FitzAlan. Brandon is committed to help Catherine get to the bottom of things with her fa
Deb Diem
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Forbidden Knight by Nicola Davidson is an awesome read. Ms Davidson has crafted a well written book filled with amazing characters. The suspense in Carey and Brand's story will keep you on the edge of your seat. This is a fairly quick read though, so you won't have to sit there long. This is a perfect choice for those with limited time for reading. There is' plenty of drama and sizzle with bits of humor now and then to keep you glued to this fantastic story. I totally enjoyed reading One For ...more
Tammy
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wonderful historical romance! Catherine is one of Queen Mary’s ladies in waiting and is shocked to receive the news that her father has died. Not believing the circumstances surrounding her father’s death she receives help from a friend of her father’s Sir Brandon FitzAlan. The story has plenty of drama and intrigue with smoking hot sex scenes. It is a fast paced read with excellent characters. I really liked it!
Vicki
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! Catherine was a lovely heroine, and as for Brandon... wow! One of the best historical romance heroes I've come across in a long time! I raced through this book in an afternoon and can't wait to read more from this author! Thanks to Entangled Publishing for providing the review copy!
Fizza
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
An interesting historical romance, full of intrigue, deception and love. I loved the story and the mystery surrounding death of the Physician added a little more flavor to it.

Detailed review to come..
Talking Books
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
From the start this reader was enchanted with Catherine and Brandon's characters. Their escapades and steaming chemistry was beyond scorching. Action aplenty throughout the read and a story that I wanted to just keep reading.
4stars
*Review copy received from Entangled Publishing
LOU71
One Forbidden Knight is the second book in the Tudor series. I haven’t read the first book. Set in London 1558. It’s a swift-moving novella.

Lady Catherine Linwood is amongst the inner circle of favoured people of Tudor Queen Mary until Catherine’s physician father dies mysteriously. She’s now distraught, shunned, and desperate for answers. Her character is decisive, loyal, and naive.

Sir Brandon FitzAlan is Catherine’s only ally. Brand feels obligated to repay her father’s kindness in helping C
Kaelan Rhywiol
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I finished this a while ago and have just been so behind on my reviews.

As usual, Ms. Davidson knocked it out of the park on the steam and the gritty history tidbits I love. A very lovely, diverting read especially for less than $1.

I do prefer her Fallen series to this, but that's totally a me thing. I'm descended from the people in these Tudor books and it's always so weird for me to read about them that it tends to throw me out of the story a bit.

Characterization and steam are spot on, I'm stil
Nancy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tudor England's Crazy Queen

What is it about unbridled power that creates a world so dangerous for the folks living in its realm? When Catherine's father dies the Queen's crazy bleeds over to touch Catherine's life too. This tale is an accounting of what happens when Catherine and her new love, Brand, try to make sense out of the crazy. I highly recommend this novel to those who enjoy historical romance reads.
Julia
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this book! Davidson is a favorite author of mine, and she never fails to please!
Zareena (The Slanted Bookshelf)
My Rating: 3 stars

Review originally posted on The Slanted Bookshelf

One Forbidden Knight was a surprising but very welcome mix of romance and action! I hadn’t expected for there to be as much tension and action as there was but I have to say that it blended beautifully with the development of Catherine and Brand’s relationship.

One Forbidden Knight is set during Mary I’s reign in England and Catherine is one of Queen Mary’s ladies in waiting. When her father, a physician, dies mysteriously away fr
Carmella Siciliano
Sep 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.

Lady Catherine is the daughter of an esteemed physician. He is currently the physician for Queen Mary The Queen has sent her father to treat a small outbreak. While her father is away, Catherine spends time with the Queen, who is in the last months of pregnancy.

Catherine's world is turned upside down when word comes that her father has died. First they said it was his heart but she knew he was very healthy and then they said he caught whatever
Juliana Philippa
Basic Stats.
Set in London, March 1558 (royal court)
Heroine: Catherine Linwood (20), only child of Her Majesty's favorite doctor, Arthur Linwood
Hero: Sir Brandon FitzAlan (almost 30), bastard of Henry FitzAlan, 19th Earl of Arundel

Review. Had to DNF this book about 1/3 of the way through for two main reasons:

1) The heroine was annoying and had way too much TSTL in her. Both she and the hero were very generic and flat, and I couldn't really muster much interest in either of them. She is annoyingly
Linda
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Catherine Linwood is the daughter of a physician whose skill has made him well known & favoured at court; as is his daughter who attends the Queen. But one day, Catherine is brought the shocking news that her beloved father had passed, succumbing to a weak heart while travelling in bad weather. The newly orphaned & bereaving Catherine, does not know where to turn to for she knows what she had been told does not ring true. It is at the Linwood crypt as she grieves her father’s death that ...more
Angel Hatfield
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Catherine was among the favored of queen Mary until her father dies on the road back to the palace, Catherine finds this mysterious and that something isn’t right. Catherine’s father had been Queen Mary’s chief physician. Catherine is determined to look for answers to her fathers death. Catherine meets Sir Branden Fitzalan/Brand at her father’s grave when he went there to pay his respects. Brand had been one her father’s best friends. Brand offers his services if Catherine ever needed him. Cathe ...more
Bambi Unbridled
This was a decent quick read full of court intrigue set during the reign of Mary Tudor, known historically as Bloody Mary.

Our heroine, Catherine Linwood, is one of the Queen's ladies and has served Mary dutifully. When Catherine's father dies suddenly and under suspicious circumstances, Catherine's world is turned upside down. People she once trusted have betrayed her in the worst way just to keep their dirty little secrets from coming out. Even though this was a shorter story, I did feel a con
Leone (She Reads too Much Romance)

I must confess as to how much I simply enjoyed this story as it was like revisiting an old friend that has been long ago lost. The medieval era has always been a favorite theme of mine within romance novels and this book contained everything that I remember reading years ago.

Although short within the reading barely over a hundred-pages there was much to love about the story. The very first thing I noticed was how beautiful and yet descriptive the author's writing style flowed within the pages

• Widow, Spy, & Lover
  • Lady in Red (Mad Passions, #2)
  • What the Groom Wants (Bridal Favors, #4)
  • The Rogue Returns (Nottinghamshire, #3)
  • How to Lose a Duke in Ten Days (What Happens in Scotland, #1)
  • Lady of Intrigue
  • Love's Portrait
  • The Admiral's Heart (Heroes of the Sea, #0.5)
  • Death in Kew Gardens (Kat Holloway Mysteries, #3)
  • My Best Friend's Stepfather #2
  • Dragon Unleashed (The Fallen Empire, #2)
  • Gamma Rift (The Trans-Galactic Insurrection, #1)
  • The Lair of the White Fox (Sister Fidelma, #0.5)
  • The Hired Man
  • At the Highwayman's Pleasure
  • Don't Deny Me, Part Two (Don't Deny Me, #2)
  • Pirate Barbarian
  • A Scandalous Regency Christmas
NICOLA DAVIDSON worked for many years in communications and marketing as well as television and print journalism, but hasn’t looked back since she decided writing wicked historical romance was infinitely more fun. When not chained to a computer she can be found ambling along one of New Zealand’s beautiful beaches, cheering on the champion All Blacks rugby team, history geeking on the internet or d ...more

Tudor (2 books)
  • His Forbidden Lady (Tudor, #1)