Start by marking “Süßer Sieg der Leidenschaft (Spindle Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Süßer Sieg der Leidenschaft (Spindle Cove, #1)

Süßer Sieg der Leidenschaft

(Spindle Cove #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  15,921 Ratings  ·  1,287 Reviews
Manchmal muss ein Mann verlieren, um das Herz einer Frau zu gewinnen ...

Junge Damen finden in Spindle Cove einen bezaubernden Rückzugsort fernab der Männerwelt. Ausgerechnet hierhin verschlägt es den attraktiven Victor Bramwell, der von dort die Angriffe Napoleons abwehren soll. Doch der drohende Feind ist bald sein geringstes Problem, denn Suzanna Finch, die ebenso schöne
Published August 17th 2015 by Blanvalet Taschenbuch Verlag (first published August 30th 2011)

Karla
I thought I was being so cute when I took a GR buddy up on a dare to read this one if she would read Led Astray by a Rake by Sara Bennett. We're not exactly sure who got the short end of the stick in this affair. I think the Bennett book probably has bigger font, so I got shafted this go-round. When we meet next time, GR Buddy, it will be YOU at a disadvantage.

As I read this, I thought it was a lot like a Doris Day-Rock Hudson comedy, except in costumes and with little of the wit and charm and a
Carmen
Feb 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to Carmen by: Sam (AMNReader)
If a woman's intellect was in any way analogous to her undergarments, men should thrill to see it revealed. Strangely enough, Susanna had never known it to work that way.

I hated this book. Absolutely despised it. And spent the whole time wondering what was wrong with me.

I should delight in Dare's little protofeminist who sets up a haven for girls/women that's managed to set itself outside of the patriarchy. And I can tell Dare is trying REALLY HARD here. But she's completely failing. I didn't li
Beatriz
Precioso! Una historia increíblemente dulce, tierna y emotiva, que avanza tan fluidamente que es imposible despegarse de sus páginas. Con un estilo encantador, la autora nos sumerge en la comunidad de Cala Espinada y en el oasis que representa para una Inglaterra convulsa con la guerra contra las fuerzas de Napoleón como telón de fondo.

Probablemente es posible encontrar más de un cliché, pero la autora los ha sabido desarrollar tan bien que pasan desapercibidos: con escenas muy originales, con d
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Keepin' this short...

A Night to Surrender is the first book in Tessa Dare's Spindle Cove series, and a funny, sexy, poignant story! And when I say funny, I mean laugh-out-loud funny! Bram and Susanna are wonderful people who captured my heart, and I couldn't get enough of them. But truth be told, the entire cast of characters is so intriguing, so compelling, so in need of happily ever afters, that I absolutely must read their stories, too.

Honestly, stories like this is why historical romance is
Jill

All he's ever been and all he's ever wanted to be is a soldier. At twenty-nine Lieutenant Colonel Victor Bramwell of the British army is too young to retire. A lead ball damaged his knee eight months ago, and Bram now faces the prospect of having to resign his commission. Visiting Sir Lewis Finch at Spindle Cove is Bram's last hope that he might regain his field command. When Sir Lewis acknowledges that Bram's knee is not up to coping with the demands of being an infantry officer, he offers Bram
Catherine
"We have to get out of here, Bram. Before they take our bollocks and use them for pincushions."

Bram made his way to the nearest wall and propped one shoulder against it, resting his knee. Damn, that climb had been steep. "Let me understand this," he said, discreetly rubbing his aching thigh under the guise of brushing off loose dirt. "You're suggesting we leave because the village is full of spinsters? Since when do you complain about an excess of women?"

"These are not your normal spinsters. The
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*4.5*

Wow, this book marks a momentous occasion for me: I finally found a M/F historical romance that I could fall in love with!

I get it now, folks, I get it. I finally understand why people read those books with the old-fashioned, bosomy women on the cover, embraced with some semi-naked man.

A lot readers get into romance through different ways. Many of my friends cut their teeth on historical romance or harlequin romances. I, however, found my way to romance through urban fantasy. Though I've tr
Shin Mon Thway
I admit that I am a hopper. 😂 That’s why although this book is the first in the series, I listened to the fourth book, “Any Duchess Will Do” first. And needless to say, I’m sure that is my favorite book in the series. 😌 That being said, although this book isn’t that heavy on humor as the fourth one, I loved the story of Bram and Suzanna just as fiercely. 😍 No wonder Tessa Dare’s books sell well because she really has that particular and unique sense of witty humor and the ability to make her re ...more
Jilly
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear book,

If you are swept away by the romantic beauty of the Regency Era, and can allow yourself to forget all about the fact that everyone probably smelled terrible, there were no toilets, and most of us would have probably been stuck being a poor servant or wife of a dirt farmer and died early from something stupid like an infected hangnail..... this book is for you.

Like all good romances, it all starts with a harmless little sheep-bombing. Bloody sheep - always in the road. What's a good mil
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮ by: Joanita
Where has historical romance been all my life?

Seriously, you guys? Why did no one tell me how amazing it can be?

This book was magical.

I LOVED IT.

Bram. Oh! You stupid, stubborn idiot. I love you. I'd let you ravage me any day. Loves. Get in the man-dungeon.

Susanna. A woman after my own heart. She is doing her part to help women who don't fit the mold that society wants to put them in, be themselves and escape the horrific "cures" that those in the medical world want to inflict upon them. She's
♥Rachel♥
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tessa Dare continues to dazzle! No formal review just a few of my favorite quotes which (fair warning) are spoilery:

"Susanna fair. I want to hear you say you're mine."
She framed his face in her hands and looked him in the eye. "I'll say this. I claim sole possession of my body, my heart, and my soul. And tonight, I choose to share them all with you."

The word "like" did not communicate an unspoken connection of similar minds, or an obsessive attention to freckles. It certainly didn't encompass th
Riley
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
well it had to happen eventually.
this is the 6th book by tessa dare I have read and the first one I have disliked.

Most of her books have a really cute plot and meet cute but this one was basically summed up as guy comes into town and there's a pretty girl and ??? thats it.

The plot was super boring.

But the love interest was the worst part. He was so insufferable. His masculinity was so fragile that tea and pastries threatened it. The whole book was basically him banging on his chest yelling "
Warda
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I mean, I devoured this within a few hours. What do I even say about Tessa Dare at this point?

• She writes the most perfect historical/romance fiction.
• I’m too damn happy and content when I read her books.
• Her men have me dying.
• Her female characters are fierce goddesses.
• She touches and deals with historical issues in the best way possible.
• I’m in swoons-ville each bloody time.

When I started reading her books, I’d no idea I would become such a fan of her work.
I’m definitely on a miss
Nuria Llop
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
23ª Lectura del #RetoRita

Premiada con un RITA a la Mejor novela de Regencia en 2012, lo merece sin ninguna duda. Es un ejemplo perfecto de novela de regencia de esta segunda década del siglo XXI: centrada en la historia de amor y en los conflictos personales de cada protagonista, sin intrigas importantes ni antagonistas villanos que dificulten (o alimenten) la relación de pareja. Eso implica que el conjunto de personajes debe sostener la novela, y no es fácil lograrlo con todos. Tessa Dare lo ha
Shawna
4 stars – Historical/Regency Romance

Another satisfying, steamy read from Tessa Dare and a great start to a promising new series! I loved the unique storyline, quaint setting, humor, quirky secondary characters, and especially the passionate, fun, and believable romance between a gruff, alpha military hero and spirited spinster heroine, who were perfectly suited for each other and totally combustible together.

I can't wait for the next book, A Week to Be Wicked, to come out! 4 stars!
Floripiquita
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reto-rita
Mi sexto libro del #RetoRita. Tras varios libros bastante malos de contemporánea, he tenido que volver al romance histórico para encontrar una historia que me convenciera, con una protagonista de armas tomar (nunca mejor dicho), que sabe lo que quiere y va a por ello. No conocía a la autora Tessa Dare, su forma de escribir me ha gustado mucho, así como la historia que ha creado. Una historia que ilustra muy bien lo que vivían/sufrían las mujeres en esa época por no ser lo que la sociedad esperab ...more
Nadine Jones
Wow, with this book I went from: (1) I don't expect much from this book, to (2) wow this actually isn't bad! I think I'll like it!, to (3) OMG I can't believe the suckage here, but maybe it gets better, to (4) I must stop reading, I can't stand it any longer.

At the start, I enjoyed this book FAR more than I expected. It made it to my list by a recommendation (can't remember from where ... Julia Quinn maybe?) but I didn't expect much. I'll be honest, the author's name sounds so made up and over-
mich
This book was SO CUTE! It was really funny too, I cracked up several times, like momentary uncontrollable laughing. The humor was great and the best thing about this book to me.

I enjoyed the story and the romance as well, BUT, I can’t give it more than 3 stars cuz maaaan, somewhere around the 70% mark in my kindle, I just sorta fell out of it and became really bored. The tension seemed to have fled the story by then, and it felt like nothing was really happening.

I struggled to get back into it
edge of bubble
I think I went into reading this book with higher expectations then I should have, after reading my friends' reviews. I could have enjoyed the book more, alas, I couldn't find what I was looking for.

The book had lovely humour and made me chuckle numerous times. I was yawning in between the chuckles, but it's still worth giving it a chance.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
TESSA DARE DOES IT AGAIN
Rachel (BAVR)
This book has been taking up room on my eReader for a couple months now because I just ... can't ... finish ... it. Reading about these characters just made me want to pull my hair out, which is sad because I enjoy Tessa Dare's prose.

SUMMARY:
Miss Susanna Finch is an unlikely spinster heroine who pretty much runs an unlikely little towned (nicknamed Spinsters Cove) with a group of unlikely spinster girls who like to live away from men as spinsters and be merry (and unlikely). It's explained that
Duchess Nicole
Yay, I found a new author to love! I swear, something about the historical romance genre makes the titles/covers/stories blur together sometimes. Within a few pages of A Night to Surrender, I knew this author writes a bit different than the norm. She managed to make me laugh numerous times. The banter between Susanna and Bram is a happy kind of back and forth and totally chuckle worthy.

So then I settled in with my cup of coffee last night to finish the book, halfway through and comfortable with
Yolanda
#RetoRita
3,5
No es una historia de esas que dejan huella, pero me he reído muchísimo. Unos diálogos divertidos, con unos protagonistas peculiares Bram y Susanna que me han hecho reír mucho. No puedo olvidarme de Colin, qué ratos me ha dado.
Lectura fácil, entretenida y divertida, sin más pretensiones. Lujuria, puyas y situaciones divertidas que te hacen querer seguir leyendo para ver cuál será la próxima perlita que soltarán. Me he reído mucho.
Andzhelika
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Радвам се, че най-сетне се наканих да прочета тази книга. Отдавна не бях чела нещо подобно и ми беше много приятно отново да се потопя в този жанр.
Pepa

3.5

me gusta la forma de escribir de la autora. Me encanta su sentido del humor, las situaciones tan divertidas que plantea y esa ironía mordaz que llenan sus diálogos... el problema es que la pareja protagonista no me ha convencido. No voy a negar que el final es de lo más tierno... pero todo surge demasiado precipitado y pesa más la lujuria que el amor... Tan solo es mi opinión.
De todas formas, seguiré de cerca a esta autora, porque ya he comentado que su estilo me gusta mucho y el libro en gen
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Oh my God, books make me bipolar, I swear. I only just cried from The Bourbon Thief and then I was laughing hysterically between the pages of this book, the genre of which I abandoned while still in high school.

A totally different set of 5 stars, but 5 stars nontheless.
Over and out
Jennifer Leighton
Delightfully humorous! I haven't laughed this much during reading a romance novel in a while. Tessa Dare is now one of my new favorite authors.
Laura the Highland Hussy

Review posted on Demon Lover's Books & More

I’ve wanted to read this one for a while, and the other night I was flipping through to see if it was what I wanted to read before bed. *sigh* I should have known you can’t just “flip through” one of Tessa Dare’s books. I was up til 1 am where I had to stop because my eyes literally wouldn’t focus any longer. In fact, I think the same could be said of all 3 books in this series, since I read them all in the same week.

Susanna is the only daughter of
Madison Mega-Mara...: A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare 1 5 Apr 17, 2014 09:01AM
The Challenge Fac...: Christina & Gea - A Night to Surrender 19 24 Nov 14, 2013 08:01AM
Q&A with Tessa Dare: Congratulations on the RITA AWARD for ANTS, Tessa! 12 24 Sep 03, 2012 05:43PM
Q&A with Tessa Dare: A Night To Surrender Discussion Thread 2 25 Aug 28, 2012 11:07AM
Thanks 1 67 Aug 30, 2011 07:10AM
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton (The Burgundy Club, #3)
  • Unveiled (Turner, #1)
  • Silk Is for Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1)
  • The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1)
  • Sweet Enemy (Veiled Seduction, #1)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • I Kissed an Earl (Pennyroyal Green, #4)
  • His at Night (The London Trilogy #3)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1)
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Spindle Cove (5 books)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)
“No, Susanna, " he said. "I cannot love you just a little. If that's what you want, you must find a different man." His green eyes were breathtaking in their intensity. His thumb brushed her bottom lip. "Because I can only love you entirely. With everything I am, and everything I ever will be. Body, mind, heart, soul.” 62 likes
“No, no. Don't make that face. Every time I propose to you, you make that twisty, unhappy face. It wears on a man's confidence.” 53 likes