Start by marking “Wreck: Hawke (Sphere of Irony, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wreck: Hawke (Sphere of Irony, #4)

Wreck: Hawke (Sphere of Irony #4)

Hawke Evans is the drummer for the Grammy winning Sphere of Irony. The quiet, tattooed and pierced hottie behind a pair of geek chic glasses is hiding a seriously troubled adrenaline junkie with a death wish.

Abby Kessler is studying psychology at UCLA. Her
desire to help those fighting mental illness stems from a life-changing incident in her past.

When Abby meets Hawke bac
Published October 25th 2015 by Shelbyville

To ask other readers questions about Wreck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wreck

Paige
4 "Emotional" Stars

Oh my. What a heartbreaking ride. I don't think my heart will be the same after reading Wreck. The title is perfect for these two broken characters because Hawke and Abby's story is not an easy one. Separately they are both dealing with demons that still haunt them which makes being together nearly impossible. Spanning a lot of years of heartache and dreaming of more, Abby and Hawke's story was painful yet ultimately beautiful as they work to make their love worth it.

Hawke an
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
Who knew drumming could be foreplay?

Congrats Heather C. Leigh for showing us how it's done. Simply write an incredible series that makes your readers fall in love with your amazing characters, which just happen to be the band members of Sphere of Irony and their women.

Take us all the way back to their pasts, rip away the layers, reveal their pain, and show us their scars.

Give us front row seats at their concerts and VIP passes backstage.

Let us hide in the corners of their minds as they struggle
Karen
Oct 27, 2015 Karen rated it liked it
Yuck. Could not see why Abby suffered such low self esteem to have spent so much time caring for Hawke. I couldn't understand why he he cheated. Yes, cheated. It pretty much turned me right off Hawke.

I understood him cutting and reckless recreation but cheating was @$$holerly.
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Hawke, Hawke, Hawke. How utterly broken you were and how blind-sided I was to that fact.

If you've read any of the Sphere of Irony series, you probably know there is a pattern to each band members. They each have a huge issue that needs to be dealt with before they can find their HEA. What I didn't expect was for Heather Leigh to wait until the last freaking book to pull out the almost completely broken alpha male that would almost break me.
Annmarie
Sep 04, 2016 Annmarie rated it liked it
 Kate
Sep 04, 2016 Kate marked it as nope-not-celibate-aftr-seeing-h
Shelves: manwhore
Valerie Degeorge
Oct 27, 2015 Valerie Degeorge rated it it was amazing
Wreck is Book #4 in the Sphere of Irony Series by Heather C Leigh it can be read as a Standalone but you don't want to miss out on the rest of these amazing stories.

Hawke Evans is the drummer for the grammy winning band Sphere of Irony, we've seen him in past stories always in the background and very mysterious. What we know is he lives his life on the edge with very reckless behavior and in this story we find out the demons he's been living with and hiding from everyone.

Abby Kessler is the sw
Felicia Eddy
Oct 02, 2015 Felicia Eddy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from the author for a honest review.

To start I have to say I came into reading this book with mix feelings. I have fallen in love with these characters over the last 9 or so books and knowing this was going to be the last makes me sad. That being said I was excited to read Hawke's book since he has been the most allusive character in the Sphere of Irony series.

Hawke known as the quiet one of the band, so in each book as we learned about the others Hawke has been in the back, we
Charlotte Lynn
Oct 12, 2015 Charlotte Lynn rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed with the men from Sphere of Irony. Yes, I know they are not a real band. Yet their band members are amazing and so are their friends. In each book in this series the reader gets to know another member better. In each book all the members are involved in the story.

This is Hawke’s story. Throughout the other stories there were hints to the pain he was suffering from, yet the reader does not find out what is causing the pain until his story. While he starts as a selfish prick with no
Jessica Ham
Oct 06, 2015 Jessica Ham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

1st I have to say Hawke is my favorite character from the entire series!!! we knew he had pain, no one knew why.. but he was the quiet, funny, lovable character. Then we find out and then BOOM Heather rips your heart into shreds and you just want to cuddle him!!!

we meet Abby, she is super sweet and cute-funny... also super smart... but what i didn't know about Abby is that she has an emotional past... almost as dark as Hawke... they are adorable together, but very co-dependent. they both enable
Jacquie Howard
Oct 29, 2015 Jacquie Howard rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Jacquie / Scandalous Book Blog***
Wow what a great send off to a wonderful series.
Its the 4th and final book chronicaling the rise to fame of the band Sphere of Irony and this time its the story of Hawke the drummer. I think I always knew he was hiding a broken heart and that he was damaged but I had no idea how badly scared he was by his past.
He meets up with Abbie before the band is famous and we see both of them struggle to fight the demon’s o
Jeananna
Oct 11, 2015 Jeananna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this addition to the series!!

How much tragedy can 2 people endure in their lives prior to each other and still make it work together?? Is love the cure or is the promise of love enough to find the cure for yourself?

This book was in equal measures a love story and a tragic tale that for awhile had me really thinking I was not going to get the ending that I wanted!

10/30:
As I was setting up my post to go live on The Book Reading Gals I read the excerpt and was reminded all over again the
TheBookGoddess
Oct 26, 2015 TheBookGoddess rated it it was amazing
Going in to Hawke's book I just knew from the small information we had on him that we were going to go on an emotional roller coaster and Heather C. Leigh did just that. She gave us a story that's filled with so much emotion that it's gut wrenching and heartbreaking and honest. This book spoke to me on such a personal emotion level that I can still feel those emotions swirling in my heart.

I What I love about Heather's stories is that she uses subject matters that you don't find in other books an
Jessica
Oct 22, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-blog
Tragedy, pain, blame, destruction, recklessness. Is it possible to move past these things? Or will they control every aspect of your life? This is the challenge that Hawke and Abby struggle with for years.

Abby is instantly attracted to the bad boy rocker the moment that she lays eyes on him. Only she has every reason to believe that her feelings are unrequited. After seeing Hawke with a slew of women she decides that it's time to move on. But Hawke has no intention of letting another man move i
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
Congratulations Heather C. Leigh! You have outdone yourself and delivered another outstanding book that showcases your writing talent. I was anxious to read the final book in The Sphere of Irony series. Each book has been fantastic and the characters have come to life off the pages. Throughout the series Hawke has been a bit of mystery and I couldn't wait for his story. Hawke has been the silent one that remains in the background while proving his loyalty, wisdom, and strength to his fellow ban
Kim
Sep 30, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rock-stars
Henry Walker Evans, better known to most as Hawke, would seem to have it all to someone on the outside looking in. He is the drummer in a very successful band with his best friends who are also his family, he has girls at his beck and call every night, and he loves to live his life on the edge pursuing that next adrenaline rush in the form of every dangerous activity and extreme sport that he can find. But those things are not enough to keep the demons at bay that haunt him relentlessly day and ...more
Sheila
Oct 25, 2015 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Be prepared for a rocky ride full of extreme feelings all over every end of the spectrum. This series may center around a rock band, but it's really about family. Not blood family, but the family that we choose and they choose us. They love and support one another through even the roughest times, and especially when the loved one doesn't want or deserve their care. Hawke is like that in this book. He hates himself so much that he couldn't care less whether he lives or dies. He believes he causes ...more
Trudy Dowling
Oct 30, 2015 Trudy Dowling rated it it was amazing
Wrecked, completely totally wrecked. I hope there is be a come back tour, 'cause I am not ready to say good bye to Sphere of Irony. Loved all of the books but Wreck ( book 4) tore at my heart. Tragedy in Hawke's life left him lost and full of guilt. At age 18 he walked away from help taking it upon himself to fight his demons. Hawke, adrenaline junkie, forces away the creepy crawlies by risking his life, slowly committing suicide, slowly destroying everything.
Kate, Dax's girlfriend, brings Ab
Melissa Mendoza
Oct 15, 2015 Melissa Mendoza rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“The wide grin slowly melts off his face. His gaze goes from playful to intense, holding me captive in the enclosed space of the SUV. Hawke parts his lips, his breath hitching as he speaks. ‘I missed you.’”

5 stars!! Hawke is so amazingly hot, and well him being a drummer in the band, doesn’t hurt him either!! Great writing and the book was so much fun to read!

Sarah {DragonflyReads/InkedInChapters}
What happens when two people with tragic pasts meet and fall in love? Can their love survive the secrets they hide? Wreck is a prime example of loss, love and working through inner demons to come out on top and I really enjoyed the journey.

"If I can find my way out of the darkness, maybe he can too."

Abby and Hawke meet early in their adult lives. Abby is a college student working to become a child psychologist, Hawke is hoping to launch his bands career as the drummer of Sphere of Irony. They m
FMR Book Grind
Oct 26, 2015 FMR Book Grind rated it really liked it
ERIN'S REVIEW
4 STARS

I have loved each book in this series and this one is no different. I love Hawke and Abby! These two characters are so similar and have each been through the emotional wringer. They both have lost those close to them and each one is holding on to their pain and guilt. Of course, they both deal with their situation in different ways. Both have a very emotional journey to make to find their own peace before they can even think about a relationship with each other. Their road is
Lisa
Oct 27, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
4.5* Rating

When two damaged people come together without dealing with their own pasts, you have a car wreck of a relationship waiting to happen.

Both Abby and Hawke have lost loved ones and struggling to come to terms with their losses. Abby deals with it by trying to help other people with their struggles, while Hawke deals with it by running away, self-harming and being an adrenaline junkie. Neither have opened up to anyone about their past and it is slowly destroying them. Their tendencies ma
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED:

An ARC was provided for an honest review!

5 stars!

WOW!! I don't think I've ever read a rock star romance that was this good! It might just be my all time favorite in that category, and I'm being honest here when I say this, I've read a lot of them and this is the only one that's made me shed a few tears.

Abby and Hawke used to date and were inseparable and so in love but things happened, they broke up and 7 years later they meet again. This story is about them getting the
The Book Fairy Reviews
Falling from grace is hard to do, even if you really haven't but you have in you own mind and heart. What am I talking about? Guilt, it can be debilitating and survivor guilt is the worst. You think of all the reasons to blame yourself and become self destructive to quell those feelings. Combine that with PTSD and you have a person that is a walking time bomb of adrenaline waiting to find that rush that will give them the results they think they deserve.
Let me introduce you to Abby and Hawke. Ea
Line
Sep 18, 2015 Line rated it liked it
I highly enjoyed this book about these two wrecked souls trying to find their footing in a world that was changed by tragedy in the blink of an eye.
It was well written and I could easily follow the reactions of Hawke and Abbey and understand them too.
I also really appreciated the fact that this book is written in duel pov because it does allow the reader to understand both sides better, even when it is heartbreaking to experience struggles time two, when you really just want these two character
Michelle Leigh
Sep 28, 2015 Michelle Leigh rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Wreck.. you see a title like that and wonder what the heck the author is going to write about. Once I started reading, I knew...I knew that life was hard for both Hawke and Abby, and they were both running from demons.

Theirs is an emotional story, and if it doesn't tug the heartstrings of anyone reading, then the reader doesn't have a heart. It was a little difficult for me to read at times, because I see some situations faced on a daily basis, that are very similar to what our characters are g
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Where do I begin? This was a very emotional read, both characters suffered from horrible accidents in their past. Both Hawke and Abby struggled with the feelings of guilt and neither one knew how to move past these feelings. This was a well written book and I just loved the characters. I read this in one sitting, I just couldn't put it down. I would definitely recommend this one.

Review done by Cat for Cat's Guilty Pleasure
vvb
My first encounter with this series and I liked it!

This story gets into the inner turmoil both Abby and Hawke have to struggle with throughout their relationship. I liked how this love story progressed (several years) with growth from both characters.

Loved how each character is spotlighted in this group of friends as well as the two main ones. Makes me want to read the rest of the series.
Casey
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

I have enjoyed the Sphere of Irony series from Heather C. Leigh, and I was really looking forward to Hawke's book Wreck. After getting to know him better in Gavin's story Resist, I just knew that there was so much to Gavin's troubled best friend Hawke. This book can be read as a standalone story as the rest of this series, but I would definitely recommend reading at least Resist if you can. Hawke and Gavin are so close that I think it really
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Rock Solid (The Next Generation Series, #1)
  • Reckless Rendezvous (Reckless Beat #4.5)
  • Roxy
  • No Quarter  (NOLA's Own #2)
  • Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #1)
  • Keeping Jahleel (Loving All Wrong #1.5)
  • Redeeming You (Before You, #2)
  • Sticks (Black Addiction, #2)
  • Taming Dex (69 Bottles #4)
  • Fame (Addiction #2)
  • Chasing Me (Shaft on Tour, #3)
  • Heat (Black Inferno, #1)
  • Metal & Lace (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Outside
  • One Kiss with a Rock Star (Half-Life, #2)
Heather C. Leigh is the author of the Amazon best selling Famous series. She likes to write about the 'dark' side of fame. The part that the public doesn't get to see, how difficult it is to live in a fishbowl and how that affects relationships.

Heather was born and raised in New England and currently lives outside Atlanta, GA with her husband, 2 kids, and French Bulldog, Shelby.

She loves the Red S
More about Heather C. Leigh...

Sphere of Irony (4 books)
  • Incite: Adam (Sphere of Irony #1)
  • Strike: Dax (Sphere of Irony #2)
  • Resist: Gavin (Sphere of Irony, #3)