Start by marking “La Fuerza de la Pasión” as Want to Read:
La Fuerza de la Pasión

La Fuerza de la Pasión

La paz de un pequeño pueblo se ve alterada por dos brutales asesinatos, Caroline Weverly, una famosa violinista que se había refugiado allí huyendo del mundanal ruido, comprueba que ni el lugar más remoto y apacible, está libre de tensiones. Pero en medio del pánico provocado por los violentos crímenes queda espacio para el amor.

Caroline conoce a Tucker, un atractivo
Published October 1997 (first published December 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about La Fuerza de la Pasión, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Fuerza de la Pasión

Start your review of La Fuerza de la Pasión
D.G.
You are probably dying to ask me…What are you doing reading a romance published in 1991? Isn’t it terribly outdated?

Well, I read it because the audiobook came HIGHLY recommended by friends and I put a lot of stock in friend recommendations. And yes, it’s a bit outdated – there are no cell phones, no internet and the police procedure is a bit iffy (we know better now that an FBI agent shouldn’t be consorting with the sister of a suspect) but the book is old enough that it doesn’t feel weird, if
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ by: Karla
Solid 4 Stars

I really enjoyed this book and the narrator was fantastic. My only complaint was there are sooooo many characters involved at times it was confusing and I would have to stop and remember who's who. I really didn't figure out who the killer was till about 3/4 or more into the book...I kept changing my mind. Very good storyline and characters with plenty of aghast and heart beating scenes.

Tucker and Carolyn

The hero Tucker Longstreet is not my average kind of hero he's very "Non
Lexy
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my God this book had a lot of action and some Sweet Moments in it that I really liked
Carrie
ETA: 4/7/12 The unagridged version narrated by Tom Stechschulte is now available on audible.com!

5* for the narrator/narration. Listened to this on audio narrated by the masterful Tom Stechschulte. Absolutely amazingly deep, sexy voice. Recommended if you can find it.

While listening to a book on audio the reader is forced to listen to all the description and not skim. I'm guilty of skimming at times, especially when the action gets going and I'm on the edge of my seat. While listening to
Kathleen
Narrator was good, but I didn't care for it. Too depressing. Quite dated. Felt even older than 1991. Almost didn't finish it, but wanted to see if I had the villain pegged (yes).

Addy-Lou, Bobby T, Billy Lee, Lulu, Della, Darlene, Earlene, Christy, Sissy, etc..... My poor little head hurts. So many southern-fried characters — it was a trial to keep track of who belonged to which family.

I didn't laugh once, and rarely smiled. I like to laugh. I like heartwarming romances with a dangerous,
Anita
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I love about Nora Roberts’ books is she makes sure that the reader is easily drawn to her characters. She paints vivid pictures of both Tucker and Caroline from the very beginning of the book and continues to develop them through out. I loved how Tucker and Caroline seemed to bring out the best and worst in each other. Since this book was published over two decades ago, there are a lot of cultural references that are dated and cell phones just didn't exist then. Just ignore them and enjoy a ...more
✨Susan✨
This was a three and a half star southern mystery that was punched up to a four star by Tom Stechshulte's narration. Nora did a wonderful job making the foliage and surroundings so real that I felt like I was there along with the characters. The murder mystery was a pretty good Southern drama with original characters mixed with some romance and a bit of comic relief.
SB*needs low angst books*
Innocence is a small town and the most prominent and success family is the Longstreet siblings.

Tucker Longstreet is the hero and one who loves a good nap and when the mood strikes willing woman with no relationship complications. He is in charge of the many businesses his family has interest in. He is one very laid back type and one who takes life as it comes. He is not one to get worked up for many things unless it is needed or pushed to it and many underestimate him. His last woman has just
Jane Stewart
Well done romantic mystery suspense. I was engaged all the way through.

Wonderful character creation. Wonderful dialogue. Various conflicts are well done.

An example of fun dialogue: Tucker is this slow talking rich southern man who sleeps with a lot of women. Heroine is not interested. He makes a seductive comment to her. She says “You’re sick.” He replies “I do feel a fever comin’ on.”

I loved the way clues and things came out gradually during the book - like the clue someone saw that led them
ShoSho
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great old book that's not dated at all! Loved the mystery and all the details that went on, it was a really long book .
I had guessed the killer correctly so I'm proud of myself! lol
Dina
Tucker and Caroline, according to Lifetime Television:

Photobucket

Me likey!
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Unabridged audiobook version from Speaking of Audiobooks dated 9/30/10:

Narrated by Tom Stechschulte
Attempting to listen to a bad copy of Carnal Innocence, I just knew there was so much to enjoy that I was missing because of all that extra noise. Giving up on my library copy, I was delighted when my friend offered to loan me a copy. I totally fell into the story and in love with Tucker. Tom Stechschulte’s narration is superb and I believe it’s his interpretation of Tucker that made him so, well,
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I read the paperback of this book so many years ago that I couldn't remember much except that I enjoyed it. When our Audiobook group was discussing the great narration of the audible version I thought I would check it out. I really did enjoy this new to me narrator, and he brought the rating up a bit.

I liked the way Nora Roberts lays the ground work for her stories. With her descriptions of the town, the people, the main characters and the tidbits of history, I had a crystal
Paraphrodite
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2016
4.5 stars. The South really came alive in this book, a lot of it due to the brilliant narration by Tom Stechschulte. Those Southern accents were just so good, coupled with a great story and this is a fabulous romantic suspense, even 20 years later.
Kathy Davie
Mar 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Don’t get excited---Innocence is a very small town in Mississippi although, yes, it is a very carnal small town. The kind of town where everybody knows your business as well as the business of your family 200 years back and it’s all still current.

A world-famous violinist has escaped to Innocence to find herself and her roots. Roots that are based on a very short visit as a young girl to her grandparents. Unfortunately for Caroline, she has arrived at the tail end of three nasty murders.

We get
Branwen *of House Targaryen*
"I can be an outsider, or I can belong. It comes down to how you treat others, doesn't it?"

Whoever said that you can't go home again? Caroline Waverly has fled to Innocence Missisippi to escape the burdens of her high stress career as a famous violinist and the pressure her mother imposes on her. Staying in the house that her grandparents owned, she finds a slower pace than what she is used to. she discovers the joy of smalltown living; warm friends, friendly neighbors, and even romance. But
Sue
Story and narration EXCELLENT 4.5, narrator Tom Stechshulte did a fantastic job with the southern. Just right. Audiogals Classic List

Very much like an old movie with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward type, like The Long Hot Summer but unlike that movie which was mostly melodrama and a hot love affair... this one had a serial killer. But the pace reminded me so much of the movie, sipping ice teas, gossiping, cotton plantation and the hierarchy of the town of Innocence, maybe even a little bit of
Leontine
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The setting of the sweltering, southern small-town is fantastic. It is inhabited with flamboyant characters who get under your skin quickly. They breath life in to their town with gossip, passion, love, death and everything in between. Add a rivting suspense with twists and turns that surprised the hell outta me and I was enthralled by this story from beginning to end. The romance was heart-tugging sweet, Caroline and Tucker are endearing characters with their personal quirks and their chemistry ...more
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔

This was just too dated and redneck for me to really get into. I didn't like the lazy-assed, but generous (of course), hero with no ambition other than to sit in his hammock all day. I didn't like the racist/KKK elements or the driving drunk that everyone seemed to do without a second thought.

The best part about this book was the narrator.
♡Karlyn P♡
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 -- review to come
Cyndi
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
There is a murderer loose in the small town of Innocence. The cops and the FBI are all at a loss who the person could be.
Not one of my favorite of Nora's books. Something about the heroine and hero felt stilted. Almost like the heroine needed more growth and the hero needed more romance? I don't know. For any other author it would have been great, but its Nora and I hold her to a higher standard, fair or not.
Still its an interesting murder mystery and will stay in my personal library.

Karen ♐
This was a fantastic read. Caroline comes back to Innocence, MS to her grandparents home to destress. She is a classical violinist who is burned out. She meets Tucker Longstreet, who seems to be a lazy, well off guy who doesn't do much except womanize. Ms Roberts takes us on a wild ride as gruesome murders of women in this town are happening. The twists and turns in this book are unbelievably good. This was a big 5 star read for me. Highly recommend.
ElaineY
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW OF AUDIO & KINDLE: MARCH 28, 2014
Narrator: Tom Stechschulte

Probably my favorite Nora Roberts, for now. NR, like Linda Howard, is a hit-or-miss with me, unlike Sandra Brown, whose books I usually do well with.

The Narrator: Stechschulte, or Tom (easier to spell!) is every bit the seasoned and excellent narrator he is. I'd heard him once on a Christine Feehan Ghostwalkers series which he also narrates but Carnal Innocence shows off his skills a lot more. Tom's Tucker Longstreet brings
Jess
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts, 2014
This was not a favorite of mine. I'm going to attribute it to the fact that it was originally written almost 20 years ago. The language was unacceptable to me (a lot of racist remarks and situations), the lack of technology bothered me, and overall the whole thing just felt dated.

Also, the plot was just bizarre and there seemed to be a constant "crazy" person trying to kill someone, it just felt that there were multiple storylines that were vying for the main plot. The romance was lackluster and
Jonetta
It took quite some time for the story to develop and I had a hard time sticking with it. Somewhere around halfway, it got really interesting, the characters came alive and the mystery got suspenseful. The relationship between Caroline and Tucker developed slowly and unfolded very nicely. Both of them had commitment issues that needed resolution before they could have a decent chance at a romance and it was handled perfectly....it's the highlight of the book.

The whodunit factor is pretty high
Elena
Overall - this was a good one! A murder-mystery set in the south...

Good murder mystery, but could have been a bit better - a bit more suspenseful!
The romance was a bit insta-loveish! Their first lovemaking scene was quite weird and non-sexy... But it got a bit better afterwards...

Again, just like in my previous read "Chasing Fire" , the killer (view spoiler)
Cindi
Jun 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Great book. I was somewhat surprised when the killer was revealed. It made sense though.

Since I live in the heart of the deep south, I got a chuckle out of some of the scenes in the book. We may talk a little slower but we aren't all dimwitted. I think she proved that with atleast the main characters in the book. Not so much with the other characters.

All in all, a good book.
Suzanne
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stars for the superb narration by Tom Stechshultz, who brings Tucker Longstreet to life. Still not a Nora Roberts fan, but I simply fell in love with the hero, Tucker Longstreet, a charming Southern lothario with hidden depths and lots of heart!
Brittany B.
Great narration. Fun listen. Classic old school romance novel. Lite on bedroom scenes, but great chemistry and satisfying HEA with the main couple.

Nice one far a long drive on a sunny day. :) .

Definitely recommended!
Tori
Oct 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVE this book!!! This is one of those books I'll read over and over again. My favorite Nora Roberts book hands down!
Nora Roberts Grou...: Carnal Innocence - March 2017 Book of the Month 34 47 Mar 26, 2017 03:31PM
The Better Book C...: Carnal Innocence 2 5 Aug 03, 2015 12:09PM

• The Christmas Challenge (The Wilder Brothers #3)
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5)
“Caroline Waverly: Sometimes we hurt more for what might have been than for what is.” 36 likes
“Happy Fuller: Somehow you always love in a special way the one who gives you the most grief.” 12 likes