Start by marking “Mayday (Lovestruck Librarians, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mayday (Lovestruck Librarians, #3)

Mayday

(Lovestruck Librarians #3)

Passion Between The Stacks

Helen Murphy loves her supportive family, her close-knit circle of friends, and her part-time job at the library. What she doesn't love: the fact that she's a thirty-six-year-old near-virgin who lives in her parents' house. Eager to move out and reclaim her independence at long last, she's determined to get the library's new Community Outreach Coo
Published May 10th 2016 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Mayday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mayday

Start your review of Mayday (Lovestruck Librarians, #3)
Ivy Deluca
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nerdy-love, bbw
description
QuickShot Review [3.75 stars]
I completely binged this series and I’m feeling a bit gluttonous. Going into this book, I had several concerns that are tied to spoilers that I had, since I read the last book first and there are events that happen here that do impact that last book. Without going into those spoilers, I think the sensitive situation was handled very well and didn’t impact my overall enjoyment of either romance.

That said, Helen and Wes’ romance isn’t my fave. I mean, the friendships a
Terri
Apr 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found here http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is May 10th, 2016.

This story is the third instalment in the Lovestruck Librarians series but can be read as a stand alone. While I did read the previous book, it was not required to enjoy this one.

What I like about this series is that the female leads are not the stereotypical beauty queens that
Maria Rose
Mayday is the third entry in the Lovestruck Librarians series, a small town romance series centered around a lovely group of women friends who work for the local library in varying capacities. Having enjoyed the first 2 stories in the series, I was looking forward to this one as well, especially with the promise of a good grovel required by the hero. Anytime the male characters screws things up at the get-go I want to see him redeem himself appropriately (which may or may not involve sex) and wi ...more
Maria
This was a cute read, a very cute read!

Helen is a very relatable character and I loved that. I loved that she was described as an everyday woman with curves and a vivacious attitude and she sounded so realistic that it was easy to bond with her.

Helen wasn't the only one I ended up loving. Her close friends sound like a complete riot and that too is relatable because I was reminded of my own.

Dade just made me jealous that I never got to be a librarian!
Samantha Bilodeau
First, the things that I liked about this book.

There was some fun banter between Wes and Helen. At times, they felt well-matched for one another. Wes' "plan" was an interesting idea and the buildup generally worked. All of the information about the May Day holiday and its traditions was a fun touch.

But...

The ages didn't feel right for this to me. The way they acted, the points they were in their lives... It felt more appropriate for people in their twenties than for people in their mid/late-thir
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Being a thirty six year old virgin isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, so when Helen sees an opportunity to lose her V card to the man she has been lusting after since high school she takes it. But thinks don’t quite go as she hoped and an hour later she finds herself completely disillusioned and disappointed and vowing never to see him again, which is a little difficult as he’s Wes Ramirez, the town’s mayor. Which, makes it awkward when she is sent as the library’s representative to help with
Tiffany Reads It All
Mayday is book #3 in Olivia Dade's fun Lovestruck Librarians series, which follows a group of librarian friends. This is my favorite book in the series so far. As always, Dade excels at wit and banter, to the point where I found myself snort-laughing quite a few times. But Mayday also made an emotional impact on me and I love it when a book can make me both laugh and cry.

Helen Murphy is a part-time adult reference librarian. She loves her job, but sorely misses the independence that comes with h
Under the Covers Book Blog

Being a thirty six year old virgin isn't all it's cracked up to be, so when Helen sees an opportunity to lose her V card to the man she has been lusting after since high school she takes it. But thinks don't quite go as she hoped and an hour later she finds herself completely disillusioned and disappointed and vowing never to see him again, which is a little difficult as he's Wes Ramirez, the town's mayor. Which, makes it awkward when she is sent as the library's representative to help with

Jackie
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, not too eventful small-town romance between the town's attractive but somewhat insecure male mayor and one of its part-time librarians, a plus-sized woman who's lusted after the guy since high school. The size issue isn't really an issue; the heroine worries that their one-night stand doesn't progress any further because of it, but it's really because the hero realizes he was just using her and she doesn't deserve it. Later, when he has time and head space to want a deeper connection, i ...more
⚜️Trea
This was a good installment in the series, but it wasn't that great either. Many of the problems I'd had with the previous books had been cleared up: it was a longer story, I could connect with the characters, but it also had the added bonus of showing us more of the community at large, which I enjoyed. The thing of it was, it all felt very bland to me, there was nothing that blew me out of the water about it all. I'll definitely continue with the series, but I'm not sure it will improve much be ...more
Samantha
I didn't particularly object to the set up of this story - consenting adults have awkward, less than satisfactory one night stand sex & part ways all the time - but I did have a hard time buying what happened after. Even as a firm lover of second chance stories, I just had a hard time buying how Dude Being Bad & Asshole in the Sack = Motivation to be a Better Mayor, and unfortunately, that really kept me from buying his subsequent infatuation and the rest of the plotline as well. ...more
Jenn Cunha
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

So cute!!! And those love scenes! So hot!!! This story had everything I love - an older heroine who happens to be a little larger (and a librarian to boot!), and a hero who's determined to make up for a disastrous one-night-stand.

Helen is too hurt to consider that Wes might actually like her. After a terrible night (hour) together, she's very wary that he wants to spend time with her and even date her - and rightfully so. Watching her let down
Shari
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

This review was originally posted on Delighted Reader

For months now I have been fascinated with a series by Olivia Dade about librarians falling in love. Two books in, I picked up Mayday with so much excitement, but found myself feeling a little off and not very into a the story.

We start with a one night stand, but just any one night stand. Helen Murphy is a virgin, working part-time at the local library and living in her parents house after the bookstore she worked in went out of business.
Emmi
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my second Olivia Dade read. While I didn't adore it the way I did Teach Me, I did really enjoy it. The characters are really relatable - like, not everyone is a billionaire. Sometimes people have setbacks and are underemployed or work in the nonprofit sector and have to be careful with money to make ends meet. It can be nice to fantasize, but it can also be nice to feel rooted in the real world.
Shawna
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, fr, 2019
3.5 rounded up. This was good fat rep, and I like this cast of characters Dade has created. The virginity issue is handled in a unique way, and I think is resolved pretty well by the end. The other issues between the two main characters are stretched out just to the point of getting frustrated, but they are real issues that people face; however, the resolution is a smidge quick and neat. The writing is so good and the characters likable, so I didn't mind that much.
Melinda M
Mayday is book #3 in the Lovestruck Librarians series. It is written by Olivia Dade. The series follows
a group of librarian friends. It is well written with characters that make you laugh. It is a little too sexy for me but other then that it is a story that holds your attention and will make you think about librarians a little differently.

I received a copy thru a Goodreads Giveaways.
Claire
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Really liked getting a) a fat heroine and b) non-white love interest in this one, but this is definitely a little more on the Madcap Adventures side tone-wise, and not quite as strong as Driven to Distraction. Still fun, and I appreciate the author's commitment to well-written sex scenes that further the plot.
Holley
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light, steamy read. If you enjoyed the other books in this series, you should like this one. I like the character developement as well as background story for the hero and heroine.
I'm not sure I really believe a town would set a one term (4yr) limit on it's mayor, but ...
On to the next book in the series :)
Cecelia
So, I throughly enjoy the Lovestruck Librarians series. But, this particular book has been my least favorite so far. Helen and Wes were too emotionally immature for my taste. Both of them suffered from a complete lack of confidence, and it really made it hard to enjoy the story.
K
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was fine? Lots of thoughtful character development, but the writing was just a little flat/clunky. Not bad, but not something where I'll seek out other books in the series.

2.5 stars, with an extra .5 star for explicit consent rather than falling into the "they were drunk!" plot device.
Jessica
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Olivia Dade it out of the ballpark with this one. Helen is a realistic woman. What I mean by that is that it's easy women readers to relate to her issues and troubles. Nothing is magically fixed, yet she never forgets who she is. Definitely a worthy read.
Ellie
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best fat rep I have ever read!
Lisa
- scREEEEECH
- 😩👌🏼💯
- mayor hero, librarian heroine
- sort of second chance romance??
- Wes is so hot
- this book is so hot
moon lit
Can't finish. The two main characters are just so insecure and annoying.
Mahaley Beaty
Wes and Helen are former classmates who hook up one night because Helen wants to lose her virginity to him. Anyways, he does a terrible job because he is full of self pity at the time and they don’t speak again for 8 months.
In the mean time Wes has decided that she is the woman for him and works to change his life so that he is worthy of her. As you could imagine, she is not quite having it since she believes that her being “fat” is what turned him off.
Anyways, I do believe that Wes makes up f
Deborah
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mayday by Olivia Dade is book three in the Lovestruck Librarians series. I have read all the books and although some characters from the other books appear, it can be read as a standalone book.

This is a sweet, small town romance that will leave you happy! The characters are real and they felt like your friends down the street. You get the small town, everybody knows your name, feeling in this book. I really loved how the romance progressed and pitfalls they faced along the way. The love was a sl
Romantic Reads and Such
It's going to sound like I didn't like this book, but that is SO far from the truth :) Dade delivers a sweet, small-town romance with great characters, entertaining interactions, and an easy-to-read voice.

A couple of things did bother me, though. I think that Helen's expectations of her initial hookup with Wes are a little unrealistic. Luckily Dade has her recognize this and it helps to make her a little more normal. She seems to think that it is the start of something grand but she has a 5 min
Goddess
Book Gannet
I really enjoyed this book. It’s a lot of fun, has plenty of sex, a couple of characters with self-esteem issues and has way too much fun with the phallic symbolism of maypoles and springtime festivals. It’s light and fluffy and admittedly is more about sex than romance, but I still really liked it.

Which is a bit strange, because if I think about it too deeply there are rather a few holes that I can pick. Not least Helen’s insistence on independence, while refusing to move away from a job workin
Sherin
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book by Olivia Dade, Mayday was a good one. The author has a nice writing style and keeps you engaged and interested throughout the book.

If you love a good romance story with some build-up of love between the characters, Mayday is a book you should read.

This is the third book in the Lovestruck Librarians Series and is the story of Wes and Helen. So, Helen has always liked Wes and finally musters the courage to approach him when she is nearing her forties, still as a virgin.

That night

• Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Strange Love (Galactic Love #1)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)
  • Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol #1)
  • Playing House (Uptown, #1)
  • Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
While I was growing up, my mother kept a stack of books hidden in her closet. She told me I couldn't read them. So, naturally, whenever she left me alone for any length of time, I took them out and flipped through them. Those books raised quite a few questions in my prepubescent brain. Namely: 1) Why were there so many pirates? 2) Where did all the throbbing come from? 3) What was a "manhood"? 4) ...more

Lovestruck Librarians (6 books)
  • Broken Resolutions (Lovestruck Librarians, #1)
  • My Reckless Valentine (Lovestruck Librarians, #2)
  • Ready to Fall (Lovestruck Librarians, #4)
  • Driven to Distraction (Lovestruck Librarians, #5)
  • Hidden Hearts (Lovestruck Librarians #6)

News & Interviews