Start by marking “The End of All Things (The Kinsman Chronicles, #1c)” as Want to Read:
The End of All Things (The Kinsman Chronicles, #1c)

The End of All Things

(The Kinsman Chronicles #1c)

With the Five Realms on the brink of total destruction, everyone faces a final mad scramble to find a safe haven. The realm is divided on what should be done. Wilek and Trevn join those who are preparing the realm for a seaward evacuation, but the king stands in their way. Wilek must battle against his own father to try and save the people of Armania.
Published April 5th 2016 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The End of All Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End of All Things

Start your review of The End of All Things (The Kinsman Chronicles, #1c)
Lisa Godfrees
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The End of All things is part 3 of a longer novel (King's Folly), so it picked up right where book 2 (The Heir War) left off. You need to read book 1 and 2 first or you'll be hopelessly confused. There is so much going on in this epic fantasy series.

General notes: I don't think any new characters were added in this portion of the book. After the small lapse between reading The Heir War and starting this one, I was confused about one or two of the minor characters (Burk, especially). Fantastic e
Sierra Faith
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ugh, this was so good! Full review up soon!
Lucy Buller
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jill has done it again! I am wowed by this last part of King's Folly. WARNING: There may be minor spoilers for Darkness Reigns below.
Okay, y'all! We continue. This book is hopping with things going on. Essentially, it is the climax of King's Folly, and therefore there is just so much going on! Shall we jump in?
I'm going to save the compliments for dessert and talk about something I really didn't like about Darkness Reigns, The Heir War, and The End of all Things. It is simply them
Amanda
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
My favorite part! Now that the storyworld is established and I'm completely drawn into the characters' plights, this ending part had me glued to the pages. Each POV character's story is masterfully woven together and the tension is ratcheting up as the world falls apart. What will be the result of the Heir War? Is it possible to save the country from complete destruction?

Fantastic end to the first book of this trilogy! Ends well tied up but definitely leaves you impatient for book two, King's B
Bethany Baldwin
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review to come.
Emily
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The five woes are in full swing and seems likely that the entire land will dissolve into the ocean in the near future. Wilek, Kal, Trevn, and a few others believe in the impending doom and are planning evacuations. Meanwhile, international turmoil and the heir war continue unhindered. Kal’s group continues their dangerous journey to safety and Charlon schemes to take Lady Zeroah’s place. Will there ever be a time of peace and safety?

The End of All Things is part three of book one in King’s Folly
Adam Collings
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The End of All Things brings the first part of this epic saga to a close, and epic it certainly is. The world is literally breaking apart. The people of the five realms must evacuate, but before that can happen there are a lot of human problems to be overcome.

Things come to a head between Willek, his brother Janek, and their father King Echad. You can be sure that things will get worse before they get better. Meanwhile, Willek may have escaped the clutches of Charlen for now, but she's not letti
Janelle
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I always hate that moment when you finish a good book and know that you will have to wait a long time for the sequel. This is one of those books. Even though I don't consider the ending a cliffhanger; I still can't wait to see what happens next.
I really enjoyed the action in this book, and there were definitely moments when I didn't want to put the book down. Also, I still love the characters, and I know who I am rooting for.
Overall, a great finish to book one, and I'm always excited to read
Logan Martin
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves good writing.
Recommended to Logan by: Jill Williamson
Shelves: christian, fantasy
Part III is as amazing as ever. The End of All Things descends upon the world as the plots of the mantics of Magonia,the priests of Rob, and the heirs of Armania reach their endgame. For those who've read Darkness Reigns and the Heir War, Jill Williamson presents a masterful ending-and leaves you waiting for the next installment. ...more
Victoria Howell
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
An exciting ancient apocalyptic tail. Full review here: http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/20... ! ...more
Denali Christianson
Jun 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
A lot just happened. Like, a LOT. Everything in this third installment of the kinsman chronicles culminated with a crazy deception and a crazier natural disaster that kinda left me reeling. I loved the prose and character development, and the plot definitely deepened quite a bit from the first and second books. I loved all the characters, whether because their treachery was so relatable or because their heroism was so admirable. I would have liked more explanation as to some peoples' identities ...more
Chantelle Larson
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm unsure on if I like the title, it doesn't really fit as this installment isn't the end at all but rather the beginning.
I don't really have anything new to say that wasn't already mentioned in the two previous reviews.
Enjoyable writing style, creative world setting and likable characters with detailed yet not over bearing information.
Overall; this book trilogy would be a really great pick for anyone who enjoys the fantasy/royalty politics/crazy kings and future tellers/magic and mayhem type
Michael Otto
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was originally PART 3 when released as an e - book. When combined with parts 1 & 2 they became King's Folly. ...more
Rachelle Sperling
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally seeing some framework for God's hand in the midst of the mess. This series is hard to put down. ...more
Lena
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The ending was so suspenseful! It was utter chaos and I want to read more!
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
The Kinsman Chronicles is off to a world-shattering start with the release of The End of All Things, completing book one, King's Folly (which is available now in print). If you've been following the digital releases like me, note that the three e-book titles refer to the three sections King's Folly is separated into, so you don't have to buy King's Folly unless you want a physical copy or all three parts in one book.

In this final portion, Jill Williamson finishes setting the stage for what is su
Jessica Dowell
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review:

Wilek has escaped from the priestess Magon, though the soul-binding spell still holds him. Kalenek and his group of travelers hurry to make their way back to the king, including Onika, who claims to know why disaster has come upon the Five Realms, and how to escape certain death. Meanwhile, Trevn has uncovered a prophecy that he is doing everything in his power to protect. When another earthquake destroys the palace, King Echa
Meagan Myhren-Bennett
The End of All Things
The Kinsman Chronicles #1.3
By Jill Williamson

The End of All Things picks up where The Heir War left us. Wilek is still being held by the Magonia's and soul bound and under compulsion to Charlon. Natural disasters are destroying the land as they know it. The time of the Five Woes has come and time is running out for the Five Realms.

Janek is moving against Wilek and Trevn in his attempt to be named heir to the throne of Armania. And Janek has no inhibitions using any and all m
Dana Black
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Note: The End of All Things is the third part of the larger volume titled King’s Folly. It is best read in conjunction with Parts One (Darkness Reigns) and Two (The Heir War), due to its epic scope, continuing plot lines, and large cast of characters.

In the conclusion to King’s Folly, Book One of the Kinsman Chronicles, we reach The End of All Things, following the continuing story from Parts One and Two. The Five Realms are on the verge of experiencing the last of the Five Woes, signaling the
Jasmine
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Life as they know it ends...NOW!

Wow, I think The End Of All Things was the best part of the story yet. More excitement, more adventure, more danger, and an epic battle against a god. Sides are chosen, lines are drawn, and time is rapidly running out.

In part 3 Jill Williamson starts drawing the various threads of the story together and I can't wait for the next parts to start releasing.

As the inevitable loss of the Five Realms came closer and closer and things became more desperate I found myse
Zachary Totah
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: excellent
If the title is any indication, this third part of King’s Folly is a wild ride to the finish of the story that began with flare in Darkness Reigns and continued in The Heir War.

The title doesn’t disappoint. The countless plot threads, character travels, schemes, and mysteries steadily draw together while in the background the low rumble of doom rolls across the Five Realms.

What the first two parts set up, this final part delivers on. Paths cross, duties and alliances clash, and the characters
Fire
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Williamson. The End of All things is the third part of book one of The Kinsman Chronicles and it is a wild ride. There is a lot going on in this book and it is a really exciting conclusion and I can't wait to read the next book when it comes out. The kingdom is in turmoil and is on the brink of destruction. The last of the five woes is coming soon and it could end everything they have ever known and kill everyone if they don't do something.

With everything going wrong they
Tracy L. Snyder
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Layers of action are piled on top of each other in this third installment of Kings Folly as the book builds to a fever pitch. The main characters are dealing with their own situations, while the world falls apart around them.

One of my favorite scenes was when Wilek was in the bottom of a ravine, doing battle with Barthos, a creature that some believed was a god. I was riding in a car traveling from Seattle to Oregon when I got to that point in the book, and the battery on my laptop was only at 2
Steve
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wanted to enjoy this book, I really did. But there are simply too many characters and the whole thing just continues to collapse under its own weight. Because the story switches from character to character so often, the story just crawls instead of moving quickly. I tried to read this even though I did not particularly enjoy the first two in the series. I had bought them all because up until now I have been a real Jill Williamson fan. I still think she is a great writer. I am going to treat th ...more
R.M. Lutz
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
It might be The End of All Things, but we're finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Although this part was just as dark--if not darker--than the previous installments, I now have some hope for the rest of the series. I look forward to reading the next part when it is released for Kindle! I would recommend this series to the mature young adult crowd and up who enjoy a darker fantasy novel with elaborate worldbuilding.

(Like Christian fantasy and sci-fi? Check out http://thebookhoundc
Carissa
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance reading copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. And my honest opinion is this: I need the next book very badly. And if you’ve read this (and the two eBooks preceding it, ‘Darkness Reigns’ and ‘The Heir War’), you probably understand why. Note: the thematic content notice I gave for the first two parts still stands, but Williamson is still careful about handling things and her writing is more than riveting and compelling enough to make up for any awkwardness. My ...more
Julie Fugate
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The End of All Things is Part Three of King’s Folly and Jill doesn’t let us down with awesome action, hints of romance, and cool characters. It’s a race to save everyone from impending disaster and even with the world crumbling around them evil still has its agenda. Even though some plot lines weren’t resolved I was satisfied with the ending . . . for now. Looking forward to reading more of this series!
Jason
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Of all things, I did not want this to end. Ironic, considering the title. But, alas, it did. With the way it ended, I feel both sorrow and hope for the next adventure Trevn will have. Him, the conspiracies, the complex characters, the seaboard mysteries, I can not wait.
Lavay Byrd
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-books-2016
See King's Folly for full review! ...more
joyce moore
Jul 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Serpent's Game (Soul Eater, #5)
  • Kissed by Fire (Dragonkeepers, #1)
  • Hidden Blade (Soul Eater, #1)
  • Scorpion Trap (Soul Eater, #4)
  • The Djinn Wars #1-3: Chosen / Taken / Fallen
  • Switching Hour (Magic and Mayhem, #1)
  • Edge of Forever (Soul Eater, #6)
  • Highland Burn (Guardians of Scotland Book 1)
  • See No Evil (Soul Eater, #3)
  • Witches' Bane (Soul Eater, #2)
  • The Beginning of Wisdom (A Long-Forgotten Song, #3)
  • The Dragon's Tongue (A Long-Forgotten Song, #2)
  • Things Unseen (A Long-Forgotten Song, #1)
  • A World of Art
  • Roberto's Magical Clocks: A Book about Telling Time
  • The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm: Eragon (Tales from Alagaësia #1; The Inheritance Cycle World)
  • Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)
  • Ground Given
Jill Williamson is an award-winning fantasy and science fiction author of over twenty books including By Darkness Hid, which won several awards and was named a Best Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror novel by VOYA magazine. She has also written several books on the craft of writing and teaches at www.GoTeenWriters.com, one of Writer’s Digest’s “101 Best Websites for Writers.”

Jill's author websit

The Kinsman Chronicles (3 books)
  • King's Folly (The Kinsman Chronicles, #1)
  • King's Blood (The Kinsman Chronicles, #2)
  • King's War (The Kinsman Chronicles, #3)

News & Interviews