Start by marking “Blood Tide (Aquarius Rising #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Tide (Aquarius Rising #2)

Blood Tide

(Aquarius Rising #2)

Winner of the 2016 Readers' Favorite Gold Medal for Science Fiction:

Megalops is an Aquarian, a human-dolphin hybrid who lives in one of the many reef-cities that thrive beneath the waves on an Earth ravaged by climate change. Some of the Humans who cling to the barren lands blame Aquarius for their plight and unleashed the Medusa Plague that entombed Megalops's wife and da
Published August 7th 2015 by Double Dragon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blood Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Tide

Bob Rich
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is the sequel to the award-winning “In the Tears of God,” which I rated at 5 stars.
I recommend you read the two books in close sequence. If you do, you’ll want to give 5 stars to both. Taken as one story, this is an exciting science fiction thriller, with cliff-hanger action, characters I could get into, and a fascinating world the author has created.
Climate change has wrecked the world as we know it. One genius created an aquatic version of humans. Another genius considered these to b
Alexandra Engellmann
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is the second book of the series that I’ve read, and the best thing about it is how much more depth it can have once you already know a lot about the world, characters, and possibilities for action. Blood Tide was just as I’d expected it to be, and even better. After I’ve rated the first book at 5 stars, I wish I could rate this one at 6, just like with many other great series. (But then, I never really think twice about book ratings and don’t want to compare them. If in the end I’m impress
Diane
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book Two of the 'Aquarius Rising' trilogy shows that in a truly superior trilogy, the second book may hold an ability to stand alone but ideally will be chosen after the first is digested, only because the characters, setting, and crisis so exquisitely portrayed in In the Tears of God are smoothly continued here, with such a background.

Here the ruined reef cities of Book One are being rebuilt in the aftermath of the deadly Medusa Plague that threatened to turn all creatures to stone, and the gri
Shelle Perry
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this epic sequel to Aquarius Rising: In the Tears of God, Megalops, an Aquarian, is driven to madness and revenge by the loss of his family to the redeemers and their Medusa Plague. He finds a way to join with a living reef and spread his quest for revenge throughout the Mother Ocean. Ocypode, Sapiens and their friends must enlist the aid of Elise Leonidas, the ex-wife of Edmund Bryce. They hope with her help to re-engineer the redeemer nanobots to do their job properly and reclaim the planet ...more
Mark Hunt
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Blood Tide is a wonderful tale of horrible events. After the cataclysm of the first book, the underwater world is attempting to rebuilt and determine the next steps to reinstate peace in the world.. A rogue faction quickly gains followers, by choice or by force, and a bloody civil war ensues. Now our hero, Ocypode, must fight to keep not only the humans from destroying them, but also keep his own family from destroying itself.

I loved the way the events of the first book lead straight into the ci
Kerney Patrick
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You know you're reading a good book when you reach a point when you are no longer reading. The words leap off the page into your imagination and you are transported into the story. Hours go by as you experience the world, characters and the action taking place. Blood Tide has the ability to make you late for work. I thoroughly enjoyed this second installment to the Aquarius Rising trilogy. I'm ready for book 3. Now.
Marissa
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Signed Win Copy

In book 2, we are taken into a word of a hybrid dolphin as it seeks to control the climate change that is occurring in the ocean. We watch it battle to protect hi s world in fight or power.

It is an interesting look at survival and what some are willing to do.
Notes From 'Round the Bend
Fair warning to readers: You will get the most enjoyment from “Blood Tide” if you read “Aquarius Rising” first. Mr. Burt did a fairly good job recapping events and providing pertinent information, but I found myself wishing I’d started at the beginning of the series. I also feel the beginning of “Blood Tide” would have made more sense if I’d read Book 1.

Warning #2: This book is NOT for children. There are scenes of extreme violence, a rather…interesting reverse birth, and one suicide. If any of
Arissa Sani
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free ebook by the author for an honest review.
This story picked up where after Edmund Bryce dies and the Medusa Plague is stopped. Some Aquarians lost their loved ones and they were grieving. One took it too far who is Megalops, a brilliant biosculptor. He created a virus that would kill all humans. Now, the villain is an aquarian, not a human and he did worse things than Edmund Bryce.
It’s amazing when all the details of a new world is explained in the 1st book of the series. So,
Peter
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Opening your heart takes far more courage than battling your enemies.

One word that can describe the book - Amazing. This is the most action packed book I have read in years. If you think that you can compare it to the first part then you are highly mistaken.
This second part of the Aquarius Rising takes the whole story up a notch. It takes what the first book had to offer, but amplifies it immensely. It does not fool around, the action starts a few pages in, and it will just draw you in and ma
Brian Burt
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book received 4 out of 4 stars from Online Book Club:

This exceptional book has easily earned 4 out of 4 stars. The fast-paced story includes timeless topics such as loyalty, trust, guilt, betrayal, forgiveness, atonement, redemption, and life after death. Mr. Burt writes clearly and concisely, with first-rate grammar. He avoids the gloomy atmosphere so common in post-apocalyptic novels, and paints a remarkably vivid picture of his undersea world, which includes numerous intriguing organisms
Heidi
Nov 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Let me start by disclaiming that I did not read the first book in this series, and therefore my thoughts and feelings are based solely on this book.

The first few pages grabbed me immediately. A tormented soul, Megalops, has lost everything that meant something to him in one fell swoop. How could he not act a bit insane? It left me itching to know more about his plans.

Unfortunately, this is where my interest began to peter out. Though the world that Burt has created is unique where hybrids, cyber
Rochelle
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great plot, well-developed characters and themes of love, loss, grief, sacrifice and courage. I really enjoyed this but wish I had read book 1 first since I felt like I was missing out on some important information that would have helped me to follow along better. I did still enjoy this though and would recommend it for lovers of Sci-Fi.
Joel Descendant of Poseidon Reads
I reviewed this on my blog. Check that out! >> https://descendantofposeidonreads.wor...
Vodairo
Dawn  Green
Nov 06, 2018
Deborah
May 30, 2019
I grew up in Fort Wayne, Indiana (a proud Hoosier!), and started making up stories at an early age to try to get myself out of trouble. After college, I worked as a software engineer and got to travel as a consultant for a while, even landing a 16-month gig in Dublin, Ireland, which was fantastic!

I finally got tired of airports and decided to settle down back in the Midwest, in Southwest Michigan.

Aquarius Rising (3 books)
  • In the Tears of God
  • Price of Eden (Aquarius Rising #3)