Start by marking “Excellence” as Want to Read:

Excellence

We all deal with adversity. Todd, Lee, and Ebony get more than their fair share. Very early in life, while still vulnerable, defenseless, and impressionable children—they were made subject to abuse. From that beginning, they were molded not to reach their dreams but to collapse and become three more of the sad statistics that represent the normal downfall in many urban nei ...more
Published August 12th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Excellence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Excellence

Denise
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Family and life

A family with a rough start followed over several years as the siblings grow. Teaching that all parts of life matter, what you see isn't always what you get and value what you have at home. Good read moved smooth enough through the years you didn't get lost or bogged down in too much story but picked up nicely as the lives advanced. My huge take a way is look closely at what is right in front of you as you try and change the world.
Yvette Flounoy
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good but flawed

This was a good story which could have been so much better had it been properly edited. Great story line and plot,but the book is not properly edited.
Carol Cassada
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Excellence is the story of siblings Todd, Lee, and Ebony, who grew up in an abusive household and as they reach adulthood they strive for excellence and making something of their lives. The siblings go down different paths in life. Todd became a drug dealer and ends up in prison, while his sister Lee became a social worker who strives to help others like her, her work priorities tend to come first in Lee's life which makes her son
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2015
** I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review **
I really enjoyed this book, and glad I was given an opportunity to review it.

We meet Todd, Lee, and Ebony - to say they have had a pretty shitty upbringing is an understatement as they suffered from abuse from their father and their school mates. They grew up in the rough area like the ghetto and were basically left to become a statistic for that type of upbringing.

As they got older they all went down different paths - Todd bec
Jane L Pennella
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellence

First read by this author. I'm still in tears n awe from the story. So many people go through horrible childhoods. This is a story of 3 siblings who believe in overcoming that childhood. They succeed but at what price. Please read this book. The message is clear!! Well done Raj Davis
Jada
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very well written about the perspectives of three siblings and the courses each one takes. Excellence is what each member strives to achieve. The book sheds light on the past trauma the siblings encountered.
Yashari Glenn
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ok read

Promising beginning, but this story lacked the build up of emotion that should carry you through the story. The language was weird for the ages of the characters. I would read another novel from this author.
Cynthia McKoy
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Not bad

This was an ok read. It held my attention. Wasn't a page Turner but not all books can be .
Happy Reading
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Ok

I get it, the plot is touching but this book definitely could've been better. I would not recommend this book.
Cassandra
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Touching story

This is a good read interesting story great characters easy to follow story. Easy storyline and inspirational to just follow your dreams to get to go it r future.
Tay93
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good read I couldn't put it down

Very good read I couldn't put it down. It has a very powerful message. I think everyone should read this book.
Melanie Johnson