Start by marking “The Artist and the Devil” as Want to Read:
The Artist and the Devil

The Artist and the Devil

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Noah has an uncomplicated life--he teaches art at a high school, then sketches outside all afternoon until he gets hungry and has to go home, and finally spends the night grading papers. His life is thrown into confusion when he encounters a mysterious burly businessman one day in the park. Noah keeps finding clues that the man is Satan--and the worst part is, he's growing ...more
Published August 13th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Artist and the Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Artist and the Devil

Chasia Lloyd
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this little story, omg. Came for the burly, bearded bi love interest, stayed for the social commentary.

Needs a sequel with more making-out. *bats eyelashes*
RoAnna Sylver
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gems, reviews
“What a spell Meyer wove with that voice—deep, rich, and relaxed. What was it they called Satan in Sunday school? The Prince of Lies? Noah imagined any lie coming out of that mouth sounding sweet, making love to his ears.”

* * *

Everything I’ve read by Shira Glassman has been incredibly healing, and this is no exception, but in a different way than usual. I did have an idea of where it was going - recognized the symbol on the cover, and hoped, and was very happy! - so I won’t spoil here. If you’re
Claudie Arseneault
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt
This is the first thing I ever read by Shira Glassman and it's a beautiful and sweet anti-biphobia short. <3 Worth your time.
FoxClouds
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this short story for free in exchange of an honest review.

This story is about an artist, who makes up stories about a man he has a crush on, but when he has a chance to meet this man in person, he is surprised by what he finds out.

It is difficult to review a short story as there is not much what I can disclose without spoiling the plot, but I liked it. It had a sort of fairy tale like style to it, but what attracted me the most to the story was a very accurate - bull's eye strike - de
♕ mali
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm surprisingly disappointed in this. I don't know. There are more iffy things than good ones.

One, the way Noah thought of Martin's body with phrases like "not his type" that made me quite upset. Also the whole metaphor of Martin being the devil didn't sit well with me especially since he's fat. Also, the scene in which they make out and Noah thinks something about not knowing how his first time with a large man would be made me scoff. Large people having sex isn't an alien thing. Not a lot of
Elliot Cooper
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short, beautiful, with a dash of sexy. So much heart <3
Alex G
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 OF OUT OF 5 GLORIOUS STARS.

Soph
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brilliant

This is only 15 pages and Glassman is able to create a beautiful story with two great characters, chemistry between them and a brilliant plot.
Irina Vérène
A really sweet, entertaining story with a cute pairing. Bonus points for diversity reasons. I absolutely loved the nice plot twist and the characters! Would love to read a sequel showing how things went, how the relationship developed, etc. – the story really made me curious, I want to know more about those precious babies and their dating lives, aww. <3
Medeia Sharif
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Noah is an art teacher enraptured by a new subject to watch and sketch...a businessman whom he believes might be the devil. This sexy, mysterious, and captivating short story packs a lot in a few pages.
Kaa
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Part fluff, part anti-bigotry messaging. This is a lovely, quick read. The writing style worked better for me than in the previous story I read by the author.
Syl
InJokeTaken
Dec 25, 2016
Cecily Walker
Apr 18, 2018
Shira Glassman is a bisexual Jewish violinist passionately inspired by German and French opera and Agatha Christie novels.

She lives in north central Florida, where the alligators are mostly harmless because they're too lazy to be bothered.

A note on my reviewing style: I read lots of books, but writing reviews is work and I only really do them to endorse books that I enjoyed enough to signal boost.
More about Shira Glassman