Start by marking “VoiceMates - A Novel” as Want to Read:
VoiceMates - A Novel

VoiceMates - A Novel

Tulip Hill is an obedient and intelligent daughter to her disciplinarian parents. She has been a topper throughout her school, because her parents wanted her to be. Now, they want her to enroll in one of the best colleges. But Tulip harbors the desire to become a singer, for music is her only passion that helps her see through life's miseries.
Then there is Sam - witty,
Paperback, First Edition, 202 pages
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about VoiceMates - A Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about VoiceMates - A Novel

Start your review of VoiceMates - A Novel
Priyanka
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
*VoiceMates was provided by the author in exchange of an honest review. Thank you, Anamika Mishra.*

VoiceMates is a name of an International singing reality show, which Tulip loves. Tulip is a naive girl from Goa whose parents wants her to study for BTech but music is her passion. She loves singing. But her parents hate her singing and so she sings for children at an old fort and their she meets Sam.

Sam is equally passionate about music and can sing any song, he knows them all. He too loves the
Taanya Ahuja
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
“If you put your best foot forward and if you overcome your fears, you will surely be able to attain the heights of success”

Voicemates is a book by author and blogger Anamika Mishra. It was published on 5th February 2016 by Jaico Publishing House. The cover page of the book is very attractive having a beautiful picture which resembles the story. The colors black, pink and white are very nicely used making the book catchy to the eyes.

Voicemates is a story revolving around Tulip Hill and Sam.
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
VoiceMates is the story of Tulip and Sam. They are born to two different backgrounds but with the same drive and aspirations. Tulip has always wanted to make her career in the music industry, but her very strict parents have different plans for her. She never had it in her to go against her parents and choose a somewhat unorthodox career path for herself. That is until she meets Sam, who convinces her to participate in the reality show called VoiceMates. What does Tulip’s future have in store ...more
Nitin Vadher
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
If you liked to watch reality show or would like to participate in these types of shows, then this novel is for you. From last 7-8 years in India reality shows like Indian Idol, Voice of India etc grabs the biggest TRP’s, so to be famous and hardcore lover of music and singing, they dream to win this type of shows. Also we have got good singers from these types of reality shows.
Now about this novel, this is the story of Tulip Hill and Sam, Tulip comes from rich and somewhat orthodox family.
Kalyan Panja
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
You can savour the beauty, rhythm, construction like a painting where the music continues, with emotional dialogues and constant descriptions amidst the ordinary, the usual everything, including dialogue, but there is pure emotion without any failure, and no loss of tone.

Read the full review here...http://bit.ly/1KAPrbi
Mohit Khaitan
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW ON VOICE MATES
WELL, I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START FROM... THIS BOOK VOICE MATES- A MUSICAL ROLLER COASTER TOOK ME IN SOME OTHER WORLD OF FEELINGS. I JUST STARTED READING IT AT NIGHT 11 O’CLOCK & ENDED 5 O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING. YOU CAN NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN; THE STORY IS SO PERFECTLY WRITTEN THAT YOU CANNOT LEAVE IT FOR DAY AFTER.
ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE BEAUTIFULLY PORTRAYED AND TULIP MY DARLING CHARACTER IS MORE THAN A SWEETHEART (ALL GONNA FALL IN LOVE WITH HER AND I INSIST ALL
Janhvi
Oct 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-book
Voicemates looked like a really cute and sweet read and that is one of the reasons I wanted to read it. Plus I had the pleasure of meeting the author, Anamika Mishra, in person and I have to say that she is very sweet and down to earth as a person. I think anyone who enjoys reading a light read which is Indian fiction would enjoy reading VoiceMates.

VoiceMates is the story of Tulip. Tulip was a really sweet heroine. She was so innocent and naive and it was a nice change reading about such a
Harshit Srivastava
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A reader-bound journey of dreams, passion, life and inspiration. The simple way with which Anamika Mishra explains how to follow your dreams even with hurdles of life is extraordinary. She portrays Tulip as a passionate girl who is ready to give up anything just to seek her dream and a determined Sam who can overcome any hurdle that lies in his way of achieving his goal.
How these two journey through life and follow their dreams is what VoiceMates - A Novel inspires in people.
A must-read to get
Deepika Muthusamy
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just completed the novel “Voice Mates” by Anamika Mishra and straight away writing the review. Because I am extremely impressed with the novel and could not restrict myself from writing a review about the novel. In one word, It’s an excellent read.

If you love the singing reality shows, this book is a wonderful read. Even if you don’t love singing or music, still you will love this novel. Because it has an excellent, cute love story.

These days Bloggers are highly talented. I personally feel, a
Saakhi
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is not just another love story but it is really an inspiring and different story that keeps readers hooked from start to end.
Parents and elders, often think that reality shows are waste of time, but actually reality shows are that 1 chance for dreamers which can change their life.
I totally loved it. It motivated me to pursue my passion of painting. I don't know what is going to happen in the future, but I am surely going to take that '1 chance' and who knows... it might change my life as
Payal Singh
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading VoiceMates and couldn't stop myself from coming here and rating the book. I always wanted to become a singer and music is my life. After reading this novel, I am really feeling inspired and I am surely going to take that '1 risk' to pursue one's passion which author Anamika Mishra talks about in the novel.
It was an amazing read and I would recommend everyone to read it.
Totally loved it.
Can't wait for new novel by Anamika Mishra.
Good luck to the author. May all her
Swapnil Mishra
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Glad to know that our Indian authors are picking up subjects that have not been used before. I was really curious to read this book as it's India's first novel written on International duet singing reality show. And it was truly a treat to read this book.
A must read for! It is a motivational dose that everyone needs.
Go for it.
Arti Honrao
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
My rating is actually somewhere between 3.5 to 4. Giving it a 4 as encouragement for the author. Since I have read both books by her (Too Hard to Handle and Voicemates) and she's improved as an author

Detailed review here:

Deepa
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. Really inspiring and fresh plot. I totally loved the climax. It's a surprise and really unexpected. And the message given by author is too good. I loved it.
Must read for all people.
Apsara Mishra
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
best motivational book I have ever read
Anuya Patil
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book title: Voice Mates.
Author: Anamika Mishra.
Publisher: Jaico Publishing House
Length: 202 pages
Outline:
The story revolves around two youngsters Tulip Hill and Sam. Tulip Hill is a young beautiful girl hailing from a rich, well-to-do family in Goa. She is an obedient and intelligent daughter to her disciplinarian parents. A very bright student since childhood her parents aspire her to study hard and get into one of the best college. However Tulip has always been very passionate about music.
Deep Thought
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
#description
This story is about a girl named Tulip Hill, and her passion for music. She hails from a rich family, and her parents are keen on her pursuing B.Tech and getting a good job. But, she has a different plan altogether. She is passionate about singing and wants to pursue her career in the same.
One day when she was on her usual visit to the fort, to sing, she meets a guy named Sam, who asks her to be his partner in an international music competition called 'Voice Mates', auditions for
Kiranmayi
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full review on my blog:

Tulip always dreamt of taking part in Voicemates, a reality duet singing show which gave the winners a chance to travel to US, a huge sum as prize amount and a singing contract. Her parents however had other dreams for their only child—that Tulip studies to become an engineer. Tulip often sneaked out from her coaching classes without her parents knowledge, to reach the old fort and sing for the kids who gathered there.

Voicemates
Maria
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Tulip is the daughter of a rich businessman. She has every luxury she could ask for. But what she lack is freedom and empathy from her parents. She wanted to participate in VoiceMates singing competition and go to USA and pursue music further. But for her parents academics is everything. Sam is an orphan. He earns money by singing in clubs and in parks. He wanted to win prize money of VoiceMates so he can have a secured future.

One day they met each other and they know that they have found their
Gautam Sasidharan
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Reality shows have become a rage among the present generation to showcase their talents. Voicemates is the story of one such youngster. Tulip is a teenage girl who detests going to her engineering coaching classes. Instead her heart lies in singing and dreams of winning the reality show “Voicemates”. Unforeseen coincidences allow her dream of participating in the show come true. What are those coincidences? Will she win the show? In her quest for winning the show she is accompanied by an able ...more
Ronita Banerjee
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Name- Voicemates
Written By- Anamika Mishra
Published by- Jaico Publishing House
Pages- 200
Ratings- 4.2
Storyline-
Tulip, a serious, intelligent and obedient girl harbours a dream of her own. A dream to become a singer. Her parents wants her to study in a well reputed college. But opportunity comes in the form of a music competition. She meets Sam there. Sam, a complete opposite to everything Tulip is. Soon they start this journey together. Will it end in a way Tulip wants or it would end in a way
Under Review
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I hated the starting. It was all predictable since beginning however the ending was something which I totally liked. The author did a good research before writing this book which I totally appreciate.
In my opinion there are few logical loopholes in the story too, like which billionaire would force his only child to pursue engineering to get a good job? Really, Billionaires do that? Do their children look for jobs? The female protagonist's father do that.

The story is about a rich girl named Tulip
Akshada Gaikwad
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful inspiring romance this book is! A complete different plot with lots of twists. I felt like I am watching a reality show. And yes, the climax was too good. I love Tulip! I love VoiceMates!
Divya Ramnath Bandodkar
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Story in a nutshell:

The novel begins with the declaration of results of VoiceMates Season 3. Tulip, a young girl of Std XII, is attentively listening to the host. Music is Tulip’s passion and she wishes to pursue it. But her parents are against her pursuing music. They want her to study well and get in to one of the best colleges. As of now, pursuing music is a distant dream for Tulip. Her daily schedule includes college, tuition classes, and an hour at the fort and studies. She lives a dual
Himanshika Sharma
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
About the story-
The story revolves around Sam & Tulip and their love for music. Where Tulip has all the luxuries of the life, on the other hand, Sam is toiling hard to make his earning. Tulip is an introvert, while Sam is one friendly guy. Both of them are poles apart from each other, but share one dream – Singing. And, to win the VoiceMates duet competition is their only aspiration. On this journey, how they conquer the obstacles and make it to the end is interesting to know. Also, will
Deepali Gupta
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
train journeys are long and boring isn’t it? well what could be a better time companion than a good book(yessss)!so we have all seen reality shows and do have dreams of becoming a singer( though the only close we go is bathroom singing( self pats)

this story is new, revolutionary. going for your dreams. falling in love and watching yourself fall apart. the story is interesting, the language is simple yet keeping the reader glued till the very end. the story is about tulip who has a dream of
Pavitr Singh
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Confessing your love does not need any super powers; all you need is the right moment to express your love.”
Congratulation Anamika Mishra for this wonderful masterpiece. It’s a very new concept in the market and yes now I could expect more such masterpieces from you in the future. Let’s start with the beginning of the story, at first I had made a clear picture about the book story after reading the blurb, but as I have written in the synopsis, the book is exciting and unexpected.
Abhijeet Ranjan
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This is for the first time I am reviewing a novel.
We all have watched some reality shows , I personally follow a lot of reality shows . So I was excited to read a novel based on a reality show
VoiceMates is a novel based on the reality show VoiceMates with the central character being Sam and Tulip . They both are opposite in terms of personality but music connects them. They collaborate for different reason and agrees to be Voicemates of each other . So this book is basically about their journey
Aditi Malhotra
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Voice mates is the story of a rich young girl Tulip who's an aspiring singer.

The author takes you through the trials and turbulations of this young girl who wants to participate in a singing talent hunt show against the wishes of her very strict parents.
Moreover to participate she needs to have a male partner which to her wildest dreams her parents would never allow her to take on.
The writing style of the author is very simple and easy to grasp.
She captures the little details of the entire
Gunjesh Bond
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a good book. I read it in one strech. Pages open with fresh & new stuffs. It kept me stuck till last page.
Author has introduced some new things with some twists. Plane language is there so anybody can read it. I loved the innocence in the characters. Last chapter is a lesson though it's a small chapter but it has strong message.
If you are looking to read something new and fresh then read it.
A must read!

• The Lost Princess ( Sravanapura Royals #3)
  • Accidental Husband: A Passionate Love Story
  • On Sets
  • Kaalkoot: The Lost Himalayan Secret
  • The One I Love (Billionaire Romance Forever series Book 1)
  • The Bodyguard (Undercover #1)
  • Forever is Not Enough
  • BREAKING ALL THE RULES (SEHGAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS SAGA Book 3)
  • Something I Never Told You
  • Queen of Hearts: A Passionate Love Story
  • Could be, Maybe, love...?
  • The case of black magic murders in Mumbai
  • A HICCUP IN LOVE
  • Love of My Life
  • Ex Factor (Wallflower Series Book 3)
  • The Arrangement: A Passionate Romance
  • Bestseller
  • In Love with Simran
Anamika Mishra is an Indian Author, travel & lifestyle blogger, motivational speaker and nature enthusiast.

You may write to her on mail@anamikamishra.com, follow her blog AnamikaMishra.com or join her on social media.
“If a certain event repeats itself over and over again, it means somewhere someone has destined it.” 4 likes
“Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life love knocks our doors, enters our lives & changes it forever. You start believing in dreams, you start making wishes & you start to trust your heart even more! That love holds your hands & makes you feel you are safer than ever; that love makes you believe that nothing can go wrong now; and oh that warm hug, which makes you want to spend your entire life then & there!

That’s when you realise you are not living an ordinary life, but it’s a fairytale!”
3 likes