Start by marking “Resurrection River (Men of Mercy #2)” as Want to Read:
Resurrection River (Men of Mercy #2)

Resurrection River (Men of Mercy #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  508 Ratings  ·  119 Reviews
Ranger James accepted his best friend’s death like a good soldier.

With guilt. Regret. Vengeance. But a forbidden desire keeps pulling him from his mission…

Desire for his best friend’s widow.

Killed in Action. That’s why Amy Carter’s husband wasn’t coming home.

A war widow, alone and broke, Amy struggles to revive her family’s crop dusting service to survive. Now she takes
Published October 21st 2015 by Cypress Bend Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Resurrection River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resurrection River

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 Best Friend's Girl Stars

*Mild Spoilers*

photo 14313097401027_zpswpxbhxhc.gif

Resurrection River, the second book in the Men Of Mercy Series, was an okay read for me. I really expected to love it more then the first book, but one thing really ruined my enjoyment of reading this book. That would be the heroine Amy. Lord in heaven did she drive me crazy. The plot was good. Tons of suspense, and a plot twist that I never saw coming. A twist so big, I was truly shocked, and that doesn't happen much to me. I called my husband and was l
Alyse
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Men Of Mercy Series
Redemption River (Book 1)
Resurrection River (Book 2)
Reckless River (Book 3)

Resurrection River starts with a 7 months pregnant Amy Carter finding out her husband was killed during his latest deployment to the Middle East. Under the stress of finding out she is a widow, Amy has her baby girl, Chloe, early. With the pressures of being a new mother, widow, trying to keep her business afloat, and the mother-in-law from HELL, Amy retreats into herself and becomes numb. And suffers i
Lady Heather

"A copy of this book has been provided by the author in exchange for an honest review"
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***ARC courtesy of author, in exchange for an honest review***
Sparkymom
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story is book two in the Men of Mercy series, and oh what men they are...whew! While this could definitely be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one first. You will love it, so start there. Resurrection River focuses on Ranger, the brother of the hero from book one, Hunter. The relationship between Ranger and Amy started long before this book, but somewhere along the line it got messed up. That didn't stop the two from having feelings for each other, although Amy's marria ...more
Rebecca Austin
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ranger James has always been in love with Amy Ann Carter but when she married his best friend Shane she became off limits. But now Shane is gone, killed in action and Ranger is torn between his love for Amy and his duty to the memory of Shane. Yet Ranger promised Shane he would take care of Amy, although he is uncertain to what the really meant.

Amy has always had feelings for Ranger but the memory of Shane is in her head and she has no desire for the the gossip of her moving on and is afraid of
So, I Read This Book Today
2.5 stars for total lack of editing

“How many women get to watch their husband murdered on live television?”

Amy did. She watched as the bloodsucking monsters, better known as “The National News,” splashed the video of her husband, on his knees at the feet of Afghan terrorists, a black bag over his head, take a bullet to the back of his head. Thanks, Army, for not even letting her know her husband was captured.

No body to bury. Nothing but pain, and emptiness, and horrific loneliness, as everyone a
Chell turner
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another fantastic book in this series was great to see Evie and Hunter again to see how they are. But the main couple in this book are Amy and Ranger , Ranger is Hunters brother and a member of TFS and Amy is the woman he's always been in love with even though when they were young he let her get away . Amy's husband was Rangers best friend and team mate who we meet briefly in the last book and he was shot in this book we feel the grief Amy has over losing her husband and see how hard she ...more
Michele bookloverforever
intense. a dead special forces operative, war hero murdered only to return as a turned terrorist and his supposed widow at his mercy.
Teresa
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just gets better and better!
Anne   -  Books of My Heart
Nov 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kfree, tt, 2016
Read this review in its entirety at The Book Nympho

icon fail

[su_spacer]

This review is for the first two books in the Men of Mercy series by Lindsay Cross. I confused this with another author with the last name Cross. My bad and if I wasn't try to review it for you all, these would likely be a DNF.  I sadly recommend them to no one.

There are some reasons for this. The characters, which are of the utmost importance to me, were flat. It felt like they had one thought, one emotion, and no complexity. T
Dísir
Widowed and a new mother, Amy Carter buries herself in work, bringing up her baby while dealing with her grief for her dead husband and her guilt for desiring his teammate. Ranger James however, is determined that the distance she’s keeping isn’t going to stop him, especially with the playing field even once more. But that’s only the beginning of things; the roots of the story extend past this book and without prior knowledge of the first one it can be a daunting task to wade through the details ...more
Elizabeth Bennet
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an arc for my honest opinion. I loved the first book in this series and could not wait to get this book. What can be hotter than hot, sweaty military? Not much in my opinion muscle bound alphas out to save the world and opening their hearts. The H in this book is Ranger James he is brother to Hunter from book 1. If you read book one you know all the guys but it's okay if you start with this book too.

Amy became a widow when she lost her husband and the men said goodbye to a friend and
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads Netgalley ARC Review:

My gawd how I cried at the beginning of this book! I felt the immense pain of grief that poor Rachel went through as she lost her husband and was heartbroken as she went through the funeral process. It was a real emotional beginning but thank goodness for a sexy man such as Ranger. I loved how much he cared about Rachel and how much he helped her get through her grief and embrace a new relationship.

Resurrection River also had some superb suspense actio
Teresa
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***I receive a copy of this book for an honest review****

This series just gets better and better with each book that is released. This story focuses on Amy who is the widow of Shane who was captured by terrorists captured in Redemption River and Ranger James whom we find out they were dating during high school. The Task Force-Scorpion are still trying to locate the former Sheriff Brown, who stole the gun shipment in the previous book as well as locating Shane's body or rescue him.

Amy is trying
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Hmm, Where to start.

Resurrection River, was given to me for an honest review.

Pretty much everything about this story really annoyed me!

A weak female lead, with no back bone.

With two different not so great twists.

A lot of spelling errors, I wasn’t going to review this as I thought it would be better to have no review then a low star review, but I was asked where my review was… and here we are guys!!!

This was book two in the long series, we meet both characters in the first book, so I would reco
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Ranger James has only ever loved Amy Carter since high school but she just so happened to marry his best friend Shane Carter. Ranger has kept his distance from Amy out of respect for Shane yet he's tired of waiting too. Amy is still grieving her husband's death while trying to keep food on the table for herself and her daughter Chloe. Amy needs to work to keep what she has before Mavis Carter destroys her completely. Yet when Amy's threatened Ranger springs into action. Ranger's new assignment i ...more
Marissa
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 out if 5 stars ARC Kindle Copy for Review

Ranger James had promise his friend to watch over his wife and like a good soldier he returned home to do so despite being in love with her.

Amy Carter was a war widow with a new daughter born when she heard of her husband’s death. Barely making ends meet as she has to put up with a mother-in-law who keeps saying she is a whore and that she cheated on her husband.

Amy and Ranger cannot deny their attraction and when her mother in law pops up unexpectedly
Nikki Brooks
Star crossed lovers, survivors guilt, resurrected love affairs (and bad guys!) and sweet, adorable children - this has something for everyone to love and hate!

Amy may have survived her husbands death but she feels constant guilt and having the MIL from hell does not help. It is people like her who put me off organised religion!!! With her guilt intermingled with her continued desire for her husbands best friend, and her ex, Ranger, she really is in a tizz.

Add in a smoking hot band of SF soldiers
Sherry Haynes
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gifted a copy in exchange for honest review:

One thing is for sure when you read Lindsay Cross novel. It has suspense and emotion tenfold. Yes there is always a female debating the love that the alpha male adamantly professes but there has to be something keeping the couple apart. Will that debate prevent Amy and Ranger from making a relationship happen? Will the fact that Ranger is the best friend of Amy's deceased husband prevent them from acting on their attraction and feelings from one anothe
Lynde Shaw
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Everything about this book pissed me off. A weak female lead. A resurrection we all saw coming with 2 terrible plot twists. Everyone having a bad feeling about the same thing, but letting the people do this same thing that of course leads to people being beaten and almost killed. Spelling errors galore. I'd pass on this one.
Laurie Gyd
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

So much happening, Ranger-Special Forces, comforts Amy-wife to his best friend that's been declared deceased after being MIA. Ranger and Amy has always loved each other since High school. This is their story full of suspense, exciting life altering decisions, romance and love.
Danielle Fulton
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series is so much fun to read, so many sexy alpha males!
I absolutely love Ranger he is sexy, sweet, honorable and protective and loyal. You are kept guessing, never knowing what is going to happen next and boy is it a shocker!! I love the characters in this series and it is definitely not lacking for action.I and am really looking forward to reading g the next book.
Caffenero
1# I can't stand her because she's the classic TSTL
2# it's all about sex
3# 30% into the story we don't know shit
Holly Bargo
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as the first

Still a rip-roaring good tale, this book suffers from some glaring proofreading errors. (E.g., the past tense of lead is led, not lead.) The plot twist at the end was unexpected... and nicely resolved. I hoped for mention of Mack and his wife, but no go, just Mack. The setting in rural Mississippi is a welcome change, as is the heroine's career as a crop duster. Readers might get whiplash from the heroine going hot and cold, but she finally makes up her mind and rem
Sammie Shorter
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I fell deeper in love with Ranger. Loose ends though, such as the mother Mavis and the outcome for the weapons. I don't quite understand the best friend relationship supposedly between Ranger and Shane. Shane proved to be anything but that. All in all, a good series thus far.
Nicole
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!! This was an amazing book, but that's no surprise. This author knows how it's done. All I can say is that there is a "HOLY SHIT" moment. Even though you can see it coming it still knocks you on your ass!!:)
Cassandra Cridland
I enjoyed the premise of this story/series. The author does a good job of creating well-defined, interesting characters. I don't know what the author's background is, but as a military wife and mom, I found some of her scenarios extremely implausible.

However, the big reason I rated this book so low is that the author couldn't seem to remember where she'd last left her characters, what time of day it was, or how far apart/how much time should elapse for the characters relative positions to each o
Alznuthouse
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series

I highly recommend this series to whoever likes suspension, hot sex, mystery and action from hot soldiers. I'm becoming a new fan of L.C
Rachel
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
****3.5 Stars****
Romantic Suspense: Signed giveaway! Five Star Reviews 1 7 Oct 26, 2015 08:02AM
  • Wild Ride (Black Knights Inc., #9)
  • Edge of Reason (Edge Security, #2)
  • Countermeasure (Countermeasure, #1)
  • Power (Special Tactical Units Division #1; In Wilde Country #3)
  • Badass The Complete Series
  • Betrayed (Undercover, #3)
  • Dangerously Hot (Hostile Operations Team, #4)
  • Malachim (Secrets and Sins, #2)
  • No Mercy (Lawmen/Deadly Intent, #2)
  • Devious (Dangerous Trilogy, #2)
  • Out for the Count (Worth the Fight, #3)
  • Playing with Pleasure (The Players Club #2)
  • SEAL's Code (Bad Boys of SEAL Team 3, #3)
  • Best Man for Hire (Front and Center, #3)
  • Falling Hard (Bad Boys Undercover, #2)
  • The Guardians (The MORE Trilogy, #2)
  • Deadly Misconceptions (Deadly, #1)
  • Danger Close (Bagram Special Ops, #4)
8292030
Lindsay Cross is the award-winning author of the Men of Mercy series. She is the fun loving mom of two beautiful daughters and one precocious Great Dane. Lindsay is happily married to the man of her dreams – a soldier and veteran. During one of her husband’s deployments from home, writing became her escape and motivation.

An avid reader since childhood, reading and writing is in her blood. After y
More about Lindsay Cross...

Men of Mercy (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Redemption River (Men of Mercy #1)
  • Reckless River (Men of Mercy #3)
  • David (Men of Mercy #4)
  • Raylan (Men of Mercy #5)
  • Ravaged River (Men of Mercy #6)
  • Ethan's Promise (The Omega Team; Men of Mercy #7)
  • Aaron's Honor (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Men of Mercy #8)
  • Revenge River (Men of Mercy, #9)
  • Relentless River