Start by marking “Junie B., First Grader: Toothless Wonder (Junie B. Jones, #20)” as Want to Read:
Junie B., First Grader: Toothless Wonder (Junie B. Jones, #20)

Junie B., First Grader: Toothless Wonder (Junie B. Jones #20)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  5,110 Ratings  ·  244 Reviews

Yikes . . . It's a looth tooth!

One of Junie B. Jones's top front teeth is loose! Only Junie B. is not that thrilled about this development. Because what if she looks like toothless Uncle Lou? And even worse . . . what's all this tooth fairy business? Like, who is this woman, really? And what does she do with all those used teeth? So many questions, so little time.

From the

Published August 12th 2003 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2002)

Kimberlyn
Oct 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Kasey
Aug 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite Junie B. Jones books. I really love the conclusion Junie B. comes to about what the tooth fairy does with all the teeth she collects from girls and boys who have lost them. I am planning on using the same reasoning with my children.
Livvie Esslinger
This is a book about Junie B. Jones loosing her first tooth, and the emotions she experiences during this time. She is the first person to lose a tooth in her first grade class and she is excited, but still scared because she is told that she may end up looking like her toothless Uncle Lou. When she finally loses her tooth, she realizes that she doesn't look weird, but that she looks fascinating! She can't wait to show off her new smile. She is still struggling with the fact that she doesn't thi ...more
Amber
Jan 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
When reading this book, I was flashing back to when my teacher would read chapter books out loud to us toward the end of the day. In this book, Junie B. Jones's is the first student to lose her tooth in Room One. She is terrified to leave her tooth with the tooth fairy, because she thinks its the "tooth witch". She takes her spit cup to class on Monday after the weekend and shows the children and then shows them her missing whole. Her teacher gave her a gold star for loosing her tooth. In the en ...more
Abbie
Nov 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
At first, Junie thinks it's a tooth witch, not a tooth fairy because what would a tooth fairy do with all the teeth? And that night she didn't put it under her pillow. The next morning, Lucille told Junie B. that the tooth fairy might collect teeth and that recess she promised one of her friends that she would put her tooth under pillow that night. I can't wait to lose a tooth and I liked this book.
Hello Kitty
May 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A hilarious book of the account of Junie B., who lost her tooth. She wonders what the tooth fairy does with the teeth she gathers. A wonderful read for children who are about to lose their first tooth, or ones who have baby brothers. Cute, creative writing style.
Unit on losing a tooth, families.
Mickeymouse12
I LOVE JUNOE B JONES BOOKS NO MATTER WHICH ONE THEY ARE I WILL STILL ALWAYS LOVE JUNIE B JONES THAT WOULD NEVER STOP BUT THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST BOOK SHE MADE I LIKE THIS WELL ALL OF THEM BUT THIS IS MY FAVORITE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inge
Sep 21, 2008 rated it liked it
Another read with Kennadi. Kennadi was in the middle of losing her tooth when we started reading, and lost it by the time we were done! Kennadi could relate with how Junie felt and was excited that they mirrored each other, if only for a moment.
slcc137
Aug 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
All of the Junie B. Jones books are amazingly amazing! In this one Junie has an adventure losing her first tooth!! OMG! :D
Sharon
Aug 06, 2008 is currently reading it
Erika is currently reading this book
Amina
Jun 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Junie had many worries, but once she got her tooth out, she learned a lesson. The thing I didn't like was that she bragged so much, when her tooth fell out.
Joey
Jun 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
HAHA. I used to love to read these books.. I thought they were so funny, and sadly I would do a little kid voice when i read them. Aww, childhood.
Staci
Sep 06, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Elementary-age kids and their parents
If it's Junie B it has got to B good! All of the books in this series are hysterical!
Libby
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Libby's favorite part is Junie getting so freaked out about losing her tooth. She wants to give this book five stars for being exciting and entertaining and making her laugh.
Carrie
Jan 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I love ALL Junie B. Jones books, but this is our family favorite. Don't miss the part about Lucille's richie Nana's "cattle-act" in Chapter 1. It's ooh-la-la good.
Jenny
Nov 02, 2007 rated it liked it
My son LOVED this book. We read it as part of his Book-It program at school. (The sad truth is, I liked it too!)
Jitendra
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tanu
Beautiful story ..this is how a tooth gets recycled...
Aimee
Mar 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
My 6 year old daughter loves the Junie B Jones series. She reads them to me before bed. We often laugh at loud together.
Alysha Speer
Aug 29, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: kids
Shelves: kidstuff
I read this book like 5 years ago. I just put it because I wanted to display ALL the books I've read.
Hawkgrrrl
Jul 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Wraps up a little too neatly for my taste, but it still has good bits like Junie's whacked out beliefs about the tooth fairy.
Sharon Porcaro
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
How do I know this is a good book? My son stares at my mouth as I read, as if he can't wait to hear the next words to come out of it.
♥☆.*.~L0r3na~.*.☆♥ BANDA the PANDA!!!;)
She gets exited when ever she starts to lose her firt tooth.
Anne
Sep 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-grade
I love this book because Junie.B doesn't want to lose her tooth
Emma
Nov 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I give 1,000,000 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite part is when she lost her tooth.
Sucha
Jun 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
this book is another one that i think is really adorable. it kinda reminds me of myself!!!
Erin
Nov 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
I liked it because she was curious about the tooth fairy because she thought it was a tooth witch.
Hannah
Jul 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a good book for kids that are just starting to lose their teeth like 1st or 2nd grade.
Sam
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood-reads
Read this to some kids while babysitting. This book really brings back memories of my mother reading Junie B. Jones to me when I was a young child. :)
Cindy
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Does not spill the beans, but does bring up questioning from most children (all three of mine started asking a bit more)
Kelli
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, 2017
Maebry and I started reading these together this past year. This one had us both laughing out loud! I don't always agree with Junie's attitude and words, but she sure is silly 😊
Junie B. lovers 4 29 Apr 06, 2012 03:51PM
  • The Birthday Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #20)
  • Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off-Club (Arthur Chapter Book, #2)
  • George Washington's Teeth
  • Horrible Harry and the Dungeon
  • Amber Brown Wants Extra Credit
  • High Tide in Hawaii (Magic Tree House, #28)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Judy Moody Declares Independence (Judy Moody #6)
Barbara Park received over 40 awards for her books, including 25 Children's Choice awards.

Park was the daughter of a merchant and a secretary, Doris and Brooke Tidswell. She grew up in Mount Holly Township, New Jersey. From 1965 to 1967, she attended Rider College, later finishing her B.S. in 1969 at the University of Alabama. She married Richard A. Park in 1969. She lived in Phoenix, Arizona for
More about Barbara Park...

Junie B. Jones (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Junie B. Jones and the  Stupid Smelly Bus (Junie B. Jones, #1)
  • Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business (Junie B. Jones, #2)
  • Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (Junie B. Jones, #3)
  • Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying (Junie B. Jones, #4)
  • Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake (Junie B. Jones, #5)
  • Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday (Junie B. Jones, #6)
  • Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren (Junie B. Jones, #7)
  • Junie B. Jones Has a Monster Under Her Bed (Junie B. Jones, #8)
  • Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook (Junie B. Jones, #9)
  • Junie B. Jones Is a Party Animal (Junie B. Jones, #10)