Start by marking “Scales (Shifter Rescue #1)” as Want to Read:
Scales (Shifter Rescue #1)

Scales

(Shifter Rescue #1)

Sometimes life gives you something magical -- if Drill can rescue a dragon that is.

The Old Tavern Club is a front for a shifter rescue organization. The BDSM club works well in keeping the owner’s true purpose secret, but when Pirou makes an unusual rescue, it might just be beyond the clubs purview. So he calls in Drill, the owner’s brother.

Drill has never even heard of
Published August 1st 2015 by Changeling Press

To ask other readers questions about Scales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scales

Start your review of Scales (Shifter Rescue #1)
Serena Yates
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a cool idea to have a shifter rescue hidden away in a BDSM club. While it’s sad that such a thing is needed in this world, it’s good to know that someone as nice as Pirou, who works for the owner, is around to watch out for those who need help. And in this first book of the ‘Shifter Rescue’ series he has come up with what must be one of the most unusual kind of shifter: a dragon.

Drill owns three golf clubs and makes good money. He is a wolf-bear hybrid shifter, so when he gets called in to
Ann
A basic Sean Michael bit of fluffy brain candy.
Riayl
Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Liked the characters but the book ended just as the story started.
Kat
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: dragons
Very cute but too short, I'd love to read more.
Debra Guyette
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Old Tavern Club is an excellent front for rescuing shifters. As active BDSM club, it helps disguise their activities and keeps the purpose a secret. When Pirou rescues one shifter, he is not quite sure what to do with him. He calls in the owner’s brother, Drill. Drill never knew dragon shifters exist but as he works with the shifter, he begins to think that he is his perfect sub.

There is nothing better than a story with dragons. Az, the dragon, was quite scared. He was afraid of the darts an
Dec 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 1 stars.
Sarina
Review written for Love Bytes Reviews.

I did like this one but also find myself with mixed feelings about some aspects of it. I love dragons and I really haven’t read enough dragon shifter stories in my opinion, so I was looking forward to reading this one for that part of it alone. Bearing in mind that the dragon in question hasn’t shifted into a man but maybe a couple of times by the start of this story, I was willing to give some leeway in his behavior at times since I figure he’s still learni
Leigh
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was just damn adorable. That is all I can think to call it. Yes it was sexy too, but really Az and Drill together are just damn adorable.

This was a cute and sweet little story about a dragon that was captured by slavers and rescued by a shifter organization that runs out of a BDSM club. Love that part as well. Az is young and not use to humans or their ways, so he is scared.

Drill is the owner's brother and a wolf-bear hybrid. He takes one look at dragon Az and knows he will do anything for
Hc
Kind of cute, but incomplete feeling.

Also, Drill...I got the impression that while Drill isn't a bad guy he wants Az for the wrong reasons.. like for the novelty of it. That later changes but mostly that was my feeling.

Drill, a wolf/bear hybrid... does that mean he can shift into both? All we see is a big wolf. Or what about some weird hybrid of the two also? This is also incomplete as far as I can see... no real background on him.

I wasn't expecting Az to be so...simpleton. In that, he doesn't k
Julesmarie
Makes me sad to have to do this... because dragons. But I just couldn't connect with this one. Maybe because Az just comes across as incredibly young, (maybe too innocent/naive to give proper consent?) so I was unfortunately too squicked to enjoy this as much as I'd hoped.

Favorite Quote:
A dragon's laughter was an amazing thing
Brittany Kilpatrick
Sweet

This story of a dragon, Az, is about a gentle creature, not the usual fire breathing kind. He was captured by slavers and was rescued, and now has his very own Keeper. The story is short, about love. I enjoyed it immensely.
Ula'ndi Hart
I'm reffering from a review on this one. Maybe the cover should have warned me
~SexyBookWorm~
Not bad but very short. i think sometimes this author likes to let the readers imagination fill in the blanks...
We really learned very little about this world and these characters.
Gerald Sessions
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mate

A very good story, lots of detail, a good start to a series. Dragon and wolf/ bear bonded as mate/ keeper
Diane Dannenfeldt
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Needed to be longer.
Anne
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adorable and sexy story. Love it.
Jane
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
very short! without depth, but a nice draft
Frostykitten
Martin L. Arnaudet
Nov 03, 2015
Sep 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Show Me, Daddy (Club 83 #3)
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Rules to Obey (Davey's Rules, #5)
  • For the Love of a Boy (Father #2)
  • Rules for Growing (Davey's Rules, #4)
  • Saint Nick: A Santa Claus Action Thriller
  • Rescue Daddy (Timberwood Cove #6)
  • Protective Daddy (Timberwood Cove #7)
  • Doggone Daddy (Timberwood Cove #4)
  • Silver Daddy (Timberwood Cove #5)
  • Secret Daddy (Timberwood Cove #3)
  • Behemoth (Omega Assassins Club, #3)
  • The Cattery
  • Taming the Savage (Savage Dragons #1)
  • The Guppy Prince (The Silver Isles #1)
  • Sleeping With The Enemy (Witches of the Big Easy #4)
  • Make Me Let Go (Omega Celibacy Club #2)
  • Detective Daddy (Timberwood Cove, #8)
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more

Shifter Rescue (7 books)
  • Claws (Shifter Rescue. #2)
  • Fading (Shifter Rescue #3)
  • Freedom (Shifter Rescue, #4)
  • Spirit (Shifter Rescue #5)
  • Soul (Shifter Rescue, #6)
  • Three Uncaged (Shifter Rescue 7)