Start by marking “Forever Changed (Forever #1)” as Want to Read:
Forever Changed (Forever #1)

(Forever #1)

Theres nothing like finding out you have breast cancer to make you take a second look at your life. Along with the diagnosis, Ariana finds a new reason to live when she meets tattoo artist Blaine Bennett. But Blaines reaction when she informs him of the pending double mastectomy isnt what she expected. Can two people who so obviously belong together deal with the outside ...more
Published August 10th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Forever Changed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Changed

Start your review of Forever Changed (Forever #1)
Debbie DiFiore
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very odd story

This was an odd story. Too much packed into a little book. She was married, found out she had breast cancer and that her husband was sleeping around. And she meets Blaine one time. And it is instant love. I think I might have been more invested if it had been fully fleshed out but it just was way too short. And very weird. I love the author but this book just didn't work for me unfortunately.
Ashlyn
Oct 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
I really wanted to love this book. After reading the description, I thought it was going to be a really good book. I also really like the cover. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

The story started with Ariana finding out she had breast cancer. Both her mother and sister had died of breast cancer, so she decided to get a double mastectomy. Her and her husband Jeremy where having problems, however, she thought that they could overcome those problems. That was until she met Blaine, a tattoo
Rach Lawrence
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Review originally published on Rach Lawrence Books.

When Ariana finds out she has breast cancer, she doesnt know what to do with herself even though shes been preparing herself for this for years since it took the lives of her mother and sister. The diagnosis forces her to take a hard look at her life, and she doesnt like what she seesa marriage thats long since died and an unfulfilling job. When Ariana walks into Blaine Bennetts tattoo shop, both their lives will be forever changed.

Forever
Lisa Aiello
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: womens-fiction
Insta-love that I couldn't figure out or connect with - I guess I need to learn to expect that from a novella length book. The writing was just fine, the storyline/plot was just fine...it just had more potential than what was delivered. I think maybe this should have been a full length story, at least for my liking.
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
=====================

- insta love
- short

What was it about getting cancer that forced you to face life? Silly question.

At twenty-eight, shed thought herself mature, but it wasnt until shed discovered a lump during a routine self-exam in the shower that something had clicked. Up until then, shed been what psychologists like to call a pleaser. Shed lived her life worrying about what others would think rather than what was good for her.

Erin had been gone for well over two
Melissa
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was okay. Not really believable. Would love to have read a better plot but this story was rushed. For example getting divorced to marrying another man she just met and living happily ever after just isn't a plot to keep you interested
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really heart warming story. I really enjoyed this book and it was so sad. Its hard to read about someone having and going through breast cancer. It was heartbreaking to read as it seems like everyone you know is ending up with some form of cancer. Just awful. This was a great story but I would have liked to have seen more emotion from Ariana she seemed like she knew she would get breast cancer and had already come to terms with it. I am glad she was able to find love again and ...more
Megan
The story was okay, but it felt hurried and a little forced. I feel like the story would've been better as a full length novel, instead of a novella. It's still free on Amazon, so if the blurb sounds good you should give it a read.
Gale
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk about strong women!

Wow. Arianna has a very hard road to travel but is so very lucky to have a support system in place. Her grandmother is a hoot a strong woman with plenty of backbone to share with Arianna. And Blaine...he too has had a rough road to travel but together they make a wonderfully sweet, strong team. Good story.
Coco.V
Nov 30, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/30/2017)! 💝
Tammy
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a very uplifting story of how a woman with cancer fights back and makes huge changes in her life for the better. Ariana is a inspiration to all women.

I liked the courage Ariana had to make the choices she did to make her life better for herself. Thanks for a great story.
Carrie Lahain
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A woman's cancer diagnosis leads her to transform her comfortable but unfulfilled life.

Ariana Logan appears to have it all. She's beautiful, well off, and is the majority owner of the most successful real estate firm in town. She also lost her mother and her older sister to breast cancer. So when she's diagnosed with the disease, it doesn't come as a surprise to her. It is, however, the catalyst for a complete reevaluation of her marriage and work life.

Ingram is careful to make Ariana's
Jane
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
What a wonderful book this was. The author did a great job of dealing with a very sensitive subject: breast cancer. This is Ariana's story of how she deals with this painful diagnosis. At the same time she is also aware that her marriage to Jeremy is crumbling and falling apart. But in the least expected way she meets someone who turns her world around.

Blaine is a well known tattoo artist and comes across Ariana during one of his daily runs. She is sitting on a park bench and looking so sad he
Patricia Romero
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fiction
When Ariana's doctor tells her she has cancer, she isn't surprised. Her mother, aunt and her sister were taken by the same disease, so it wasn't a big shock that this time it was her.
Ms. Ingram has captured exactly how the things that are truly important can become crystal clear in an instant when one is faced with their own mortality.

As we follow Ariana's journey we see her change from a people pleasing, timid wife of a less than supportive or even honorable husband, into her own true self. She
Catherine Bachini
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it
In the beginning when I first started reading the book, I was very confused because of the way the author had written it. She wrote it telling 2 stories about 2 people at the same time so I was confused on which was which. After about chapter 8 I realized that these 2 stories were telling how the people eventually met and fell in love so I later understood it. I really liked how it's a cute little love story and its a series so I'll have to read the rest on my own. I just didn't like how it was ...more
Jana
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a touching story of a young woman struggling critical health issues along with a failing marriage. The story line has potential, but the turning point and ending were too abrupt to be believable. Still it was an enjoyable read.
Ashley Berry
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: quickie, 2015
3.5 very sweet stars. I enjoyed reading something light and sweet for a change.
Kimberly
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Hmm..

Going into this, I was expecting a different kind of read, but falling in love literally at first sight.... I wasn't expecting that.

When Ariana finds out that she has breast cancer, she's relieved. Her mother and her older sister had both died from breast cancer. So she decides to do a double mastectomy, no regrets. Her louse of a husband, Jeremy, who's been cheating on her is horrified that she has cancer. He's a no-show to her appointment with her oncologist. That's when Ariana decides
Merle
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice way to start a new year, with a second-chance romance by Ingram. Her usual theme, women overcoming, is doubly true here. Ariana Logan is a member of a family whose women have been targeted by breast cancer. When she finds that she is the fourth member of her family to be afflicted, she chooses a radical solution, a bilateral mastectomy, to avoid future issues.

At the same time, she assesses her life and realizes that her husband and she had drifted apart and that there is nothing left to her
Maggie
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
A very sweet romance

You are married to a conceited arrogant ignorant man who ignores you and controls your every move, it's all about him and then you find out you have breast cancer.
You reevaluate your life and grow some round shaped bouncy objects and stand up for your self.
It was sweet, well written with OK characters and dialogue. It was a simple story and clean.
It was however missing a character development and smooth dialogue.
The declaration of love and the last few chapters felt
Serena Buffaloe
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful is how you feel !!

I enjoyed this book ! Being a BC Survivor myself, I Always wonder , "what if " ? What if I was married ,or had children while undergoing this most horrible of situations...? What if this news was NOT the most horrible thing to have happened ?? In Mona Ingram's story, Ariana' s story was sad , yes . But it was also uplifting in the way that she was able to take something brutal , and make it into something hopeful , and encouraging for herself as well as others. And a
Leni Rayburn
May 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
a sweet, if implausible love story but the author does a big disservice to breast cancer patients by getting her medical facts wrong. DCISis not truly cancer since it has, by definition, not spread. An occurrence of malignant cells in the nodes is not considered true metastasis. And worst of all one does not come out of a double mastectomy with reconstruction looking the same. Its a huge long surgery usually with two surgeons. The recovery from that, even for a young woman is long and arduous ...more
Pat Allen
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed!

This light, romantic, hopeful story was perfect for my current needs. Her husband did not value her. A stranger took one look at her rocking on a lonely bench and fell in love. When he found she was going for a double mastectomy, he blanched. His wife had left it too late, and died a few months later. Togther they did something very special for other women in a similar position. A lovely story.
Jeanie's Kindle
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Humbling

Breast cancer is humbling, the first time. Demeaning the next time, demoralizing after that. By the fourth time the doctor says cancer you just feel defeated. You don't stop, you keep fighting but love is long gone. Even love of self. How can you love a body that constantly betrays you? How can you expect anyone else to? Your spouse has long since moved his gaze away from your scars.
Debra
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Forever Changed

This story was not long drawn out. It revolves around a woman who has found out that she has cancer. And the ratio artist who can not resist her. She finds her husband has been cheating on her. But now knows she has a lot to live for. This is a sweet second chance romance.
Jeanette Hurrelbrink
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Forever Changed

An interesting approach to starting over the story deals with a divorce , breast cancer and starting over. Shows a strong woman dealing with a difficult time. Powerful strength of women displayed in the series.
Kayltee
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A worthy read

I really enjoyed reading this book and look forward to others In the series. It's nice to read books that aren't so filled with sex that you can wrap your heart around the love in them.
Diane
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Cute Story - Great Love Story!

Not a long book, but full of new beginnings, medical problems & a strong, united romance. Mona does a great job in describing the characters & her attention to and are outstanding! A perfect book to read on the beach or over the weekend.
Anne Turnley
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breast cancer is not the end

Wonderful story about a woman with breast cancer and how it changes her life. She decides to no longer coast through her marriage and career. Instead she wants real engagement and passion in her life.
Julia
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written, engaging and totally believable. I look forward to reading other books by this author.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • The Surprise Wedding (Veils and Vows, #1)
  • Aaron (Hathaway House #1)
  • Heartbreaker (Billionaires of White Oaks)
  • All of Me (The Bridesmaids Club, #1)
  • Christmas in Darling Bay
  • Not by Sight (Stone River #1)
  • Fake Marriage to Her Best Friend (Make Believe Brides: A Clean Romance Series, #1)
  • Cooper (Cowboys of Ransom Creek, #3)
  • Her Cowboy Hero (Rodeo Knights, #13)
  • In With the Tide (Cape Cod Shore Book 1)
  • New Beginnings (Cutter's Creek #2)
  • Treasure Me, Cowboy (Turner Creek Ranch #1)
  • Love on the Boardwalk (Cinnamon Bay, #1)
  • Hometown Calling: Wedding Little Sister Romance (My Best Friend’s Sister Book 1)
  • Heather (Hart Land Book 1)
  • Adam (Farraday Country, #1)
  • To Love (The McNallys #1)
Mona Ingram is the author of 36 romance novels, including twelve novellas. Many of her stories take place in British Columbia, where she has lived since the age of twelve. In recent years she has lived in the Okanagan Valley and on Vancouver Island. In addition to reading and writing, traveling and bird watching are among Mona's favourite pastimes.

Forever (8 books)
  • This Time Forever (Forever #2)
  • Now and Forever (Forever #3)
  • Forever My Love (Forever #4)
  • Forever Christmas (Forever #5)
  • Forever In My Heart (Forever, #6)
  • More Than Forever (Forever, #7)
  • Forever and a Day (Forever, #8)

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...