Start by marking “Dancing Around The Cop (Alpha and Omega #2)” as Want to Read:
Dancing Around The Cop (Alpha and Omega #2)

Dancing Around The Cop (Alpha and Omega #2)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  446 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Terry Martin has an awesome life – good friends, loving parents and a job he loves designing all of the bright and wonderful costumes for the drag queens at Club Blue. Sure, no one but his parents know he’s an Omega wolf, but he’s okay with that. Unfortunately being a twink often means getting picked on and after a night out with friends, Terry has the misfortune to meet a ...more
Published August 12th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Dancing Around The Cop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing Around The Cop

Amazonaute
Aug 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: no-way-in-hell
Note to self: don't read this author again until told by others she has changed dramatically in her writing.

I was attracted by the title. I was disappointed.

I liked the fashion designer MC. I liked the drag queens.

I hated the other MC and his attitude. Even after he's "fallen in love" with the other guy, his attitude was really belittling and demeaning and all over distasteful. I would utterly loathe being regarded/treated this way by anyone.

Also: werewolf book (fine) BUT the "omega" would sud
V
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this sequel.
Flamboyant Terry was adorable, compare to book one it's a huge improvement, this sequel doesn't have annoying females to spoil a nice story.
Theresa
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Zander knowingly and deliberately hurt Terry. I didn't buy his quick turn around just by talking with Richard. If his base nature was to be that cruel, then there is no way Zander could redeem himself. Zander purposefully chose his police partner Sully over Terry. In fact, Zander had shaped his lifestyle completely around Sully. Terry deserved so much better. Lisa Oliver created the same alpha character in Undesirable Mate. Nope, the author didn't convince me that Zander got his shit together. A ...more
Deanna Against Censorship
I gave an additional star because I love Terry and his friends. They made the book. He was small but he had spunk along with a great sense of design.

Terry just watched carefully. He wouldn’t start anything, he never started anything, but he was damned if he was going to let his friends get beaten up either. He was tiny, only five foot four and slim, almost willowy in build. But he was an Omega wolf and the bigots in front of him were pure human.

Terry was loyal to his friends. He wasn't going to
Raj
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This book comes with all the usual obstacles:

A manwhore deluxe forced into monogamy due to shifter chemistry.
Homophobic best friend.
Drag queens galore.

All in all a truly pleasant read just not dark enough to delight the senses.Maybe it's all those butterfly dresses.
Love Bytes Reviews
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Heart Review by Vicki

Oh Terry and Zander, what a couple you are!

This has one of the things I really like, big alpha male paired with a smaller physically weaker mate. Paranormal or not, I just like that pairing. Especially if the smaller man is mentally a strong match for his alpha mate. That is exactly what we get with this book.

Zander is an alpha werewolf, a loner, a cop, and a jerk. He really is. He’s gay, but his best friend and work partner is a homophobic ass. So Zander fakes it, dates g
Sierra
Sep 02, 2015 rated it liked it
It felt like both Zander and Terry went through an abrupt personality change at one point. Zander suddenly does an about face without the gradual change of heart that would have been more genuine. Terry becomes a great deal gay-er as the story progresses. Overall the story is VERY sappy and cheesy so, if that is your fav, you will enjoy this sweet/hot story. I did miss the usual cool shifter aspects; there is only one instance of shifting and these are lone wolves in an urban area so there's no ...more
Mark Bortoft
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I have read all books by Lisa Oliver and as yet I have to find one that I didn't like. At the start I didn't think I would warm up to zander or sully and I was actually rooting for Richard to find his happiness, though as usual I knew I could depend on the HAE that I was expecting. After reading this book I would also like to read about sully and Q I know it will probably not be an alpha and omega book but I would still like to read it. Another character in this book wh ...more
Tammy
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved almost everything about Terry. He is an out and proud Omega. Very caring to his friends and just a really lovable guy. Zander took a while to grow on me. A long while, but that's okay to as this was a long book. So much happening in this book that sometimes it was hard to keep up. Will read the next one in the series.
Bettina (a.k.a. Betty)
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-shifter-mm

Tina
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dancing Around the Cop by Lisa Oliver is the second book in the Alpha and Omega series. This could be read as a stand alone novel just fine. I love this particular series a lot. I am a sucker for MM and werewolves and this series delivers. There is a great connection between Terry and Zander. I liked the pace over all to this story as well.
Terry is an Omega. He is a clothing designer for drag queens. I loved the personalities he designs for they need stories too if you ask me. But Terry is a sw
Lorraine Lesar
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After feeling slightly disappointed with Book 1, this is what I was looking for......Lisa Oliver at her best. I loved how she wrote this storyline.
Her characterisation of Zander and Terry was perfect for them. She wanted you to see what a jerk Zander was at first, how he started to mellow and then ended up as a love-upped puddle of goo-in-ness for his Mate, Terry.
Terry was a little bundle of pure joy from start to finish and perfect for Zander.
Off to read Book 3, The Artist and the Alpha.
Relly
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: b-2017-read
3 stars
Gerald Sessions
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mates

Book 1 was good but this book blew it out of the water. This was a fantastic story with characters you wanted to know more about. This book was a great story loved it.
Natosha Wilson
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Oliver continues to blow me away with her books. This book was not a surprise considering I have come to expect this out of Lisa Oliver.

The fact that this book is about a closeted detective named Zander made this book even better. But what made it the most interesting was his mate is a fashion designer for drag queens and an omega, a guy, and a twink to boot.

Zander tried to deny Terry because he is scared of losing his homophobic best friend Sully, his job, and his lady's man play boy statu
Stephanie
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, another great book to feed my love of books by Lisa Oliver. The whole group dynamic was so cool, fun, supportive, funny, and full of love and friendship. Everyone should have friends & family like Danny. I really appreciated the presence of Richard who was a true friend to Danny and even Zander, even if indirect. Even though Danny and Zander got off to a really bad start, the power of forgiveness and redemption, made things better. Zander's best friend Sully really ticked me off on so m ...more
Mike
Another sweet and steamy Alpha wolf / omega male romance

Interesting characters, including the main couple as well as a wide array of supporting friends and rivals whip up a short, entertaining novella with some nice wolfy heat. The brief plot in this "insta-mate" novella does a decent if too brief job of exploring the hesitancies, insecurities, conflict and hard-driving desire in an unlikely pair fated to be together. Overall, slightly sweet with a bit of steamy man coupling.

4.5 stars - an extra
Maggie
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Another great shifter story from the amazing Lisa Oliver!! Zander, tough Alpha Detective, totally in the closet, meets Terry, Omega wolf and fashion designer in a bar brawl. Both know they are mates, but Zander leaves him alone. It takes the help of another Alpha, his spunky mate, and him finally coming to his wolf sense to try and win Terry back! Great characters and storyline, I can't wait for the next addition to the series!
Brittany Kilpatrick
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read as always!

I no longer bother to read the blurb when I see another book by this author. They are always so interesting, funny and enjoyable I know I will love them, and that is exactly the case here. Well written as always, the stories are always different, I don't know how she manages to continually come up with such different story lines. Have to say though, the Cloverleah series is still my favorite.
Nicole
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story is about Terry and Zander. Terry is a clothes designer a job he loves. Zander is a Police Detective. They are Mates with Zander being the Alpha and Terry the Omega. Zander struggles with having a Male mate and having a Homophobe workmate (Sully) causes lots of issues. Terry's friends were great. Was a good storyline. Another Great book by Lisa Oliver.
Karen
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love everything Lisa Oliver writes. She hasn't put out anything I did not read and then reread and sometimes re reread. I love all her series and if I can I'll pre-order or at least buy as soon as it comes out. She does a great job. I just love her stories. Update 5/2017. Reread this book before starting on the spin off with Sully and Q. So looking forward to that.
Robyn
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: guilty-pleasure, mm
Based on the spelling, grammar and editing, this book deserves 1 star. It was positively atrocious. There are enough readers who would love to help edit and beta read a story, that even if the book was self published, such glaring errors could easily be avoided.
Susan
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

I really enjoyed this great story. Well-written and emotional. A wonderful blend of romance, humor, action with the right amount of sexual chemistry. Looking forward to more books by this amazing author.
Morgan Scott
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I love this author so much. She creates beautiful stories that make me read them over and over again. I honestly can't wait until she comes out with more books because I love them!!!
Kenike
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Oliver is one of my favorites

I love her mates series !!! Her characters are always interesting and she has great character development . Omg!!! This book was the best. I recommend to all of you to read this author. She has some great shifter series' to choose from!!
Isha
I loved this book. Terry, the Omega, is a no-nonsense type of guy. Zander, the Alpha, is your stubborn, type of guy. Once the chips fall and fates step in, these two men finally found out what it meant to be true mates. Great start to the series. I hope the next book is with Q and Sully!!
Carolyn Elias
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Don't like shifter books -- read this, you'll be smitten!

One character you will absolutely adore and the other character will leave you wanting to strangle -- but this story will definitely keep you entertained!
Barbara Lampron
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was superb!!!

I love this series too. Most books I read from a variety of authors just don't compare to your writing. I have read every book that you have written. I will continue. Keep up the good work Lisa!
  • Lifting Techniques (Carry Me #4)
  • Resilience (Southwestern Shifters #5)
  • Truth and Consequences (The Sixth Sense, #3)
  • The Royal Street Heist (Bissonet & Cruz Investigations, #1)
  • Names Can Never Hurt Me
  • Hidden Hands (Tennessee Cops, #3)
  • Understanding Jeremy (Discovering Me, #2)
  • The Stolen Mate (Luna Werewolves #15)
  • An Impossible Mate (Strength of the Pack #1)
  • Sanctuary  (Off World, #2)
  • Do What You Want
  • Taken (Dragon's Egg #1)
  • COPS
  • Reluctant Alpha (Love Slaves of the Alphas #4)
  • Little Wolf  (Beings in Love, #4)
  • Intimate Traitors
  • High Concept
  • Embracing His Syn (Nothing Special, #2)
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams. Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips.
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and grandchildr
More about Lisa Oliver

Alpha and Omega (6 books)
  • The Biker's Omega (Alpha and Omega, #1)
  • The Artist And His Alpha (Alpha and Omega #3)
  • Harder In Heels (Alpha and Omega, #4)
  • If You Can't Stand The Heat (Alpha and Omega #5)
  • Fagin's Folly (Alpha and Omega #6)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • The Lovers' Guide to Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99