Start by marking “Viva Zapata & the Magic 8-Ball: A motivational tale of personal transformation with humor, adventure, and friendship.” as Want to Read:

Sometimes, what happens in Vegas can’t stay in Vegas.

Four women gather in Sin City for a long weekend. Somewhere between the glitzy casinos and the small-hours-of-the-morning truths, they discover that the game of life doesn’t play by the house rules.

Three days, one Mexican revolutionary, and one Magic 8-Ball later, the women realize that with friends by your side, you
Published August 1st 2015 by Eclectic Bard Books (first published July 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Viva Zapata & the Magic 8-Ball, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Viva Zapata & the Magic 8-Ball

Start your review of Viva Zapata & the Magic 8-Ball: A motivational tale of personal transformation with humor, adventure, and friendship.
Angela
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just Wow! I am usually not a big fan of women's literature, but this one, once I finally took a bit and read it, was fantastical. Follow these four women's journey on self discovery and learn the Revolution each one is on. They come together for a "Girls Weekend" after talking online. In a way, this book made me really sad! I see so many of the women I have made friends with in this industry in these characters. Right now, we are all together. Pretty soon, we will all be going back to our " ...more
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
I'm not going to summarize the book because I can't do it without giving away some major spoiler and I don't want to ruin the book.Full disclosure I bought this book when I went to a convention and added it to my TBR pile, I figured I would read it when I could but then the author was looking for a PA and we started talking. Before I agreed to become her PA I read this book to make sure I could get behind it. Before I even finished the book I knew I wanted to help this author because it was that ...more
Staci
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Women lifting women up!I love the whole picture this story provides. Strangers from different lives brought together by common interests. So many paths yet crossing at this perfect moment. Very inspiring for one seeking to take that leap.
Karen
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: womens-fic, chicklit
I LAUGHED, I CRIED UGLY I COULD NOT PUT THIS MOVING PIECE OF WOMENS FICTION. IF YOU EVER DOUGHT YOURSELF AND NEED A PICK ME UP THIS BOOK IS LIKE A BEST FRIEND THERE TO ENTERTAIN YOU AND SUPPORT YOU. A GREAT BEACH READ. I RECOMMEND THIS FOR WOMEN AND ONLINE BOOK GROUPS EVERYWHERE.
Kelly Marie
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is out of my normal zone of reading but I really enjoyed this book. Most of us can relate to the women that this story follows. They met in an online book club and are all very different women. They finally meet for a "girls weekend" in Vegas. It was a little difficult for me at first to keep all the women straight but ultimately I fell in love with these characters. They are all dealing with some sort of demon in their life. The brief history lesson you get about this revolution is a great ...more
Miranda Shanklin
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about four very different women. We have all made friends online that we wonder what they would be like in person. Well this story tells of how four women who meet in an online book club meet up in Vegas.

From the beginning you can see how different these women are and my first thought was how their weekend was going to be a disaster. I was pleasantly surprised to see them all learn from each other.

They all left different from when they arrived. They learned from each other and
Teri Ditchman
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Was a great relaxing story to read. Characters were all very lovable. I guarantee you will personally identify with one of the characters! very enjoyable story to read. Looking forward to more books from Savannah Verte!
Terri Talbott
Sep 03, 2017
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, fiction
I enjoyed this book! It is heart-warming, inspirational and feel good all rolled into one. I really liked the characters, they felt like old friends. I'm glad I had the opportunity to read this book.

I received a copy of this manuscript from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Amanda Showalter
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I must admit that this book is not normally in my range of books that I read but I decided to give it a chance and I am glad that I did the author is still pretty new to me, I have not heard much about them but I can see that they are going to go to very good places. Their work is extremely well written, there are no major plot fails , And the book seems to flow well for me. The characters are interesting and grab your attention. I found myself loving or hating them from the beginning and that's ...more
Fred Vining
Dec 15, 2015
Jenell Shull
Jun 18, 2018
April
Apr 19, 2016
Shelly
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book I feel like everyone should read. Everyone will be able to relate to something about these characters. I was laughing and then almost in tears because I could relate to some aspects of this book.
Boyko Ovcharov
Aug 15, 2016
Amy
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Follow these four women as they come together and meet for the first time. Even though they've been talking online for awhile. See how they each feel and how they want to feel and how they are going to go about getting there! Absolutely loved this story! This is a new author to me. I hope she decides to go with another story to tell how their journeys are going!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A fun chic lit read. A great motivational book about a group of women who discover more about themselves and life. I thought it was a great inspirational book for anyone who is struggling with a choice or decision or even how they view themselves.
A fun, carefree read that makes you smile.
I voluntarily reviewed an arc from the author.
Elaine