Start by marking “Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)

Fit to be Tied

(Marshals #2)

Deputy US Marshals Miro Jones and Ian Doyle are now partners on and off the job: Miro’s calm professionalism provides an ideal balance to Ian’s passion and quick temper. In a job where one misstep can be the difference between life and death, trust means everything. But every relationship has growing pains, and sometimes Miro stews about where he stands with his fiery love ...more
Published September 18th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Fit to be Tied, please sign up.
Cider Yes :) There is a 3rd book and yay, the blurb was finally uploaded on her website (just today)! I'm surprised that it's still not uploaded on this…moreYes :) There is a 3rd book and yay, the blurb was finally uploaded on her website (just today)! I'm surprised that it's still not uploaded on this site. The 3rd book is entitled Tied Up in Knots and will be released on 9/16/16. Here's the link: http://www.marycalmesauthor.com/tiedu...(less)
Cider As far as I know there is no novella written yet about when Miro and Ian were first partnered and that VA hospital scene and like you, I would really…moreAs far as I know there is no novella written yet about when Miro and Ian were first partnered and that VA hospital scene and like you, I would really really love to read about that too! So far aside from their first 2 books and the upcoming 3rd one, Miro and Ian also appeared in Piece of Cake and Hannah's Big Night. (less)

Gigi
Re-read August 2016 to prep for the sequel. Loved it all over again!

Miro and Ian and back! This is the sequel to the 2014 fan favorite All Kinds of Tied Down, which is on my best-of-2014 list, and I was so excited to read more of Miro and Ian's adventures.

The book opens with a foot chase, which I loved since that is how book 1 opened. The boys are up to their usual shenanigans, but there has been a subtle change in Ian's gung-ho bravado.

I knew it was because of me. Because I loved him, because h
Rosa, really

Hi! *waves* Welcome to my attempt to write a non-apologetic-less-than-4 star review of one of my favorite authors. Oh, look! A puppy getting a head massage!

Adorable. But let’s move on.

Some things I don’t give a good goddamn about:
*FIORENTINI + BAKER suede boots
*Burberry wool-blend military greatcoats
*John Varvatos lace-up biker boots
*AMI Alexandre Mattiussi Black Chelsea boots
*Alexander McQueen black monk strap boots
*Hattington wingtip boots
*Cole Haan Brogue Medallion Double Monkstrap brown shoe
Emma Sea
Aug 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
I didn't like the book. I was engaged for about 15% of it. I agree with everyone's reviews, especially MostlyDelores and Rosa,really. Rosa said:

"I’ve been reading Mary Calmes books for quite a while and she’s always been detailed oriented—actually, no. There’s “detailed oriented” and then there's “Mary Calmes-oriented.” She’s always been slightly intense when it comes to details. Okay, that’s part of her charm. But it seems like in the last few books she’s gone from detail-intense to detail-insa
Jenni Lea

ANOTHER MARY CALMES?!?!?!?!?

Is it Christmas? My birthday???

I think I need to sit down for a minute...

*****************************************************************

There's really not much else I can say that I haven't already squeed and cheered and spazzed over when it comes to this author. I have adored everything she has written and this was no exception. This is my crack. I'm addicted. I will eat everything she writes with a big ole spoon and enjoy every second of it.
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

Once again, Tristan James outdoes himself. He takes this story and shines a light on all the deeply nuanced corners and crevices. It's a fantastic performance for a superb story!

5+star-award2
****************************
I have one thing to say about this story: Buckle up, 'cause this ride goes from zero to a hundred sixty in three point one seconds flat!

Buckle up bitches

Okay, so obviously I have more to say than that - but I really wanted to use that gif...

At the beginning of the story we find ourselves back with Miro and I
Renée
Mary Calmes, what do you do to me?

I enjoyed the first Marshals book. It was a typical Calmes, with action and a friends-to-lovers story.

THIS, though. THIS was Calmes crack on steroids. This book kept me awake until 2 am last night. And then I was upset because I couldn't keep the story straight anymore between the REALLY long blinks I kept having, so I had to put it down and finish it today instead.

Miro and Ian have been together for about 6 months now. And all is not sunshine and rainbows.
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

What the...

Whut...

Mary? What did you do?

First of all thank you to Elsbeth and Susan for a great Miro-sexual BR, so much fun.

And secondly, during the next one, if at like 35% I say 'I needs some excitement' remind me what happened here.

What happened here was that Mary got mean and watched too much 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'Misery'. I mean JESUS!!!!!

It was all FABULOUS though. Utterly fabulous. Sure there were problems and I am still confused about a few things. Timelines and Ian's special op
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

I had no idea Ian and Miro would be getting another book!

Ian and Miro are one of my favorite couples. I loved this one almost as much as the first. The only thing missing from this book was that build up and tension to them becoming a couple.

They are a fairly established couple in this one. And together...they just...*dreamy sigh*

Again, this one had a good mix of suspense going on to keep things interesting. There was no dumb drama.

Their relationship is just so damn sweet, maybe even
Deborah
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Re-read 13th - 15th September 2018

Original review.

While I really enjoyed this book I didn’t love it to the same extent as the previous one All Kinds of Tied Down.
It still has the wonderful humour like when Miro takes Chickie to the vet. But one of the problems for me was that I like Miro and Ian together and I didn’t like the distance between them at times.
But don’t get me wrong it’s still a fabulous book filled with the characters we’ve come to love the plus action that comes along with them.
T
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***5 Stars***

I LOVED Ian and Miro before, but after this book they've been upgraded to being one of my favorite couples!!

"Someday, when I have a movie of my life, all that'll be there will be you."

This books picks up a few months after All Kinds of Tied Down. Ian and Miro are settled into their new relationship and continuing to be badasses at work.

We get plenty of twists and turns in their lives (because they wouldn't be them if they didn't have a knack for stumbling into trouble) and I f
* A Reader Obsessed *
5 Stars!!

What can I say that hasn't already been said??

Gawd this was a gleeful, scary, shake your head, full of shenanigans, wild ride. Basically this was freakin fabulous!

I swooned repeatedly over these badass, alpha Marshals as they laid their lives on the line for each other. I reveled every time they made a new love declaration or came upon an eye opening epiphany about their feelings. And I melted into goo when they just couldn't get enough, their appetites sexually insatiable.

Full of thri
Otila
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love an action packed story and this certainly was that. Add some Mary Calmes crackiness and dial up the crazy and you get a fantastically entertaining ride.

I only have one complaint. Only 2 eyebrow waggles, Mary?! WTF?!

Thanks, ladies, for a great Buddy Read!
Barbara➰
Ian and Miro aren't seeing eye to eye in this installment. There's definitely some tension and relationship drama going on. Miro wants more. Ian thinks they're perfect the way they are. Add in the escaped psychopath after Miro and there's some angst in this one.

I love Miro and Ian together. I was glad we get to see more of them as a couple in this one though I always want more. There is so much going on sometimes, I felt like I lost the two of them. But I do love them as a couple.

And poor Miro..
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
reread 1/21/2017 now on to reread number 6 of book 3

*******original review 9/18/2015****
Mary stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park. I love when a follow up book is just as good, if not better, than the first. I loved every moment (including those that broke my f'n heart). I cannot wait for the next installment (PLEASE LET THERE BE ANOTHER INSTALLMENT!!!) and for the audio (crossing all appendages for Tristan James).
Karen
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-mm
It's Mary Calmes ladies and gents. You know I'm about to flail and fangirl my heart out.

It's Mary Calmes and Mary Calmes is Mary Calmes is Mary Calmes. She's my crack, she's the goddess who puts smiles back on my face when I can't find them. I don't care what is wrong with this book because for me all was right. I love Miro, clothes whore that he be. Ian is so incredibly adorable and sexy and hot. I don't know how he does that.

I'd like to explain this fascination of mine but truly I can't othe
Susan
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Re-read August 25 2016.
Book 3 is almost here, so time for a re-read.

Still so so good.

---------------------------

BR with my girls Tara and Els

This was awesome!

I wasn’t too sure where this was going when I started this. I had a bit of trouble with Ian at the beginning, but because of this conflict it was so much better when things were resolved at the end. I love love loved that.

Craig Hartley from book 1 has escaped prison and is after Miro.
I got all the creepy vibes from him. It was so awesome.

description

Wa
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I can't find the right words for how much I loved the audio for this book. I already felt like this was one of the BEST Mary Calmes books ever, but add in Tristan James? It surpassed all of my expectations. I loved this so hard. 12/07/2015

Re-listen 12/11/2015, 5/23/2016, 3/9/2017, 5/7/2017 Month of Mary, 9/10/2017, 10/20/2017, 1/29/2018
5/16/2018 Month of Mary 2018, 1/12/2019
Corina
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 to 5

Totally obsessed with this series...
Susan
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it

When I first read book 1 of this series, All Kinds of Tied Down, I struggled. So many characters. So fast-paced. So exhausting. I’ve since reread it, and actually liked it more than I did the first time. And was ready now to jump into book 2.

Miro and Ian are partners in the US Marshals, and work for the one-and-only Sam Kage! In book 1 they realize and act on their love for one another and in book 2 we continue on with their relationship. Since I had book 1 fresh in my head, I was prepared for t
Wendy
 photo tumblr_inline_nh1t1cfC391rpcnpz_zpswoozrjkj.gif

OMG this book...loved it !!! I missed Miro and Ian..they fucking rock !!

In this book they are still working together, doing baddass shit and they are still very much in love. They are having some relationship drama going on, because Miro really wants to get married and Ian really doesn't...poor Miro.

There is also some heavy suspence going on, when that sick fuck psychopath doctor from the previous book escapes and we all know what....or should I say who......he wants.

This book has everything, i
Natasha
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reread January 20, 2017:

See, I enjoyed this book more this time! Probably because I just read book 1 and moved right on to book 2. While I didn't love it the same as book 1, book 2 is now getting bumped up from 3 stars to 4 stars.

Plus, have I ever mentioned that Chickie is the cutest doggie name EVER?

---

September 30, 2015:

You guys know iRobot the movie? And how it was notoriously a gigantic product placement?
Was this book iRobot the movie? Because I feel like it was iRobot the movie for some FLO
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*I still find something missing*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Re-read: 25.03.2018
Getting myself up to speed with re-reads is fun when you like the book better the second time around. This one, and the first book's re-read was more enjoyable now than before and I still wonder why. Might be because I already know what will happen which my tolerance higher? I dunno, anyway, I liked it better. That's not to say it was great, because it's not. It's far from it as something is missing for me - I just want more from
Fabi
I listened to the audio book and simply loved it.

Fantastic Police-Procedural series featuring two alpha Marshals who partner both on and off the job.

This is book 2 and book 1 is required reading. This one follows in its immediate footsteps.

I loved the constant in-depth communication between the couple.

These two guys are still burning up the sheets.

I did, however, find one of the action scenes pretty hard to get through. That was brutal. ugh!

Sam was incredible in this installment. :-)

I know it's
Makhda

What I liked :
- I loved the action scenes!
- I loved the two of them!
- I even liked dr. Hartley Craig. Because he reminds me of this guy..

description

What I disliked :
- The writing is too detailed for my taste. I keep forcing my eyes to read all of it. If it's not Mary Calmes, I think I would have skimmed a lot.
Bitchie
This was really fun. Ok, so I got whiplash a couple of times, because this was very fast paced, with several little cop bits happening during the whole thing, different chases, takedowns, and whatnot, rather than one central mystery, just like in book 1.

I loved both Miro and Ian, even though I didn't quite get Ian's resistance to the whole (view spoiler) idea. He seemed to contradict himself a bit on that one.

I also could really do without all the name brand dropping.
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4.5
Audio Book: Tristan James
Book Cover: 4

I’m kinda writing this review while I’m in the middle of book three already. So please forgive me if it’s not the most fabulous review ever.

I HAVE to leave though cause this series is worth one, even if I’m not being eloquent.

I love Miro and Ian. It’s a fact. Mary Calmes has provided me with endless hours of entertainment and this series is not disappointing.

I can’t honestly say why it took me this long to get around to it!

But I’m
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
That was a one Hell of a ride. Mary, you outdid yourself with this one. I mean, I loved this one so much more than I did the first one and well, I loved that one too.

Miro and Ian were so much more developed in this story. Their conversations and actions and just everything that they did felt so much more in this book. Their relationship growth as well as Mary’s ability to shape them into more substantial individuals as well as a couple was brilliant. I think that was probably my favorite part o
Simone
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Re-read February 2018 by listening to the audiobook***

Original review:

Miro, my hero...

I love this guy! He is hot as hell, cute, brave and he cares for those who are close to him and those he has to protect while doing his job. Simply adorable! Ever so often, he made me laugh so hard, I nearly howled, especially during a scene at the vet's office and afterwards with Chickie the werewolf turned Chihuahua. :)

Honestly, through more than half of this book I thought this would be a 3.5*-read for me
Diana
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fit To Be Tied is book 2 in the Marshalls series following the lives of Miro and Ian, partners, both in the field and at home. They are both bad ass Marshalls that show no fear. It is only when the past comes back and bites them in the ass, they know what fear is. Not for their own safety, but the lives of each other.
 photo Fit to be tied_zpslbarumsv.jpg
I absolutely loved this book. Miro and Ian are perfect for each other. Even though Ian can be closed off at times, it is fun watching him open up more and more. Miro is awesome. H

• Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)
  • Forever (Spy vs. Spook #3)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Collusion (Diversion #2)
  • Breaking Point (Turning Point, #2)
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)
  • Cards on the Table
  • Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)
  • Cask Strength (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #2)
  • High Concept
Mary Calmes believes in romance, happily ever afters, and the faith it takes for her characters to get there. She bleeds coffee, thinks chocolate should be its own food group, and currently lives in Kentucky with a five-pound furry ninja that protects her from baby birds, spiders and the neighbor’s dogs. To stay up to date on her ponderings and pandemonium (as well as the adventures of the ninja) ...more

Marshals (4 books)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3)
  • Twisted and Tied (Marshals, #4)
“What the fuck, Ian? I’m your partner. Before anything else, I’m the guy who—” “No!” he roared. “Before anything else you’re my life, you stupid prick!” 10 likes
“Because now I realize that being a marshal or being a soldier isn't my whole life, those two things aren't all that I am." His voice was thick with emotion, low and husky. "You're in there too; you're actually the most important part because I carry you with me wherever I go.” 7 likes