Jump to ratings and reviews

Winds of Change: Short Stories about Our Climate

"About time some serious writers and artists engaged with the biggest issue of our time–maybe all time. These stories show that engagement fully underway!"
-Bill McKibben, founder 350.org"

This anthology is a diverse collection of eighteen insightful, witty, and emotional short stories about climate change. The selected stories are the result of a short story contest run by Eco-fiction.com in the summer of 2014. In collaboration with 100,000 Poets (Artists/Authors) for Change, Eco-fiction.com engaged authors from Vancouver, BC, and other places around the world, to create speculative fiction about a harsh reality: our planet-at-risk. With a foreword by Michael Rothenberg, Winds of Change also includes several poems by Stephen Siperstein and Carolyn Welch.

The selected short stories include the winner Robert Sassor's "First Light" and honorable mentions by authors John Atcheson, Rachel May, JL Morin, Anneliese Schultz, and Craig Spence. Other authors include Gabriella Brand, Paul Collins, Conor Corderoy, M.E. Cooper, Charlene D'Avanzo, Michael Donoghue, JoeAnn Hart, Janis Hindman, Clara Hume, Stephan Malone, Christopher Rutenber, and Keith Wilkinson.

15% of book sales are being donated to 350.org.

272 pages, Paperback

19 books6 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews
Profile Image for Mary.
23 reviews10 followers
August 3, 2022
I edited this anthology after picking the top entries from a short story contest and was very impressed by the author diversity and talent in imagining climate change in fictional settings--even though we know how real global warming is. Speculating outcomes is one thing; developing memorable characters and plots is another. Thanks to the authors and poets who contributed to this anthology! It is the first such anthology to come out of Canada, though climate change is a global problem and more than just Vancouver authors contributed.

Profile Image for L.G. Cullens.
Author 2 books73 followers
May 8, 2020
As I remember this book, there are a good number of well-written, interesting stories, some ok stories, and at least one story that spoiled my taste for the book.
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.