Start by marking “Lead More, Control Less: 8 Advanced Leadership Skills That Overturn Convention” as Want to Read:
Lead More, Control Less: 8 Advanced Leadership Skills That Overturn Convention

Lead More, Control Less: 8 Advanced Leadership Skills That Overturn Convention

Unleash Commitment, Initiative, and Innovation
In their decades of leading groups all over the world, Marvin Weisbord and Sandra Janoff discovered they could get superior results by creating an unconventional approach to leadership. Leaders still need to get everyone aligned around the same goals. But to maximize energy, creativity, and productivity, they gain more by focu
Published October 12th 2015 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Lead More, Control Less, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lead More, Control Less

Start your review of Lead More, Control Less: 8 Advanced Leadership Skills That Overturn Convention
Jessica
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
The book was just okay. No crazy new ideas and nothing fully in-depth. If looking for a good starter book to get you thinking about furthering your leadership skills this could be it. Or at least I thought so until one of the later chapters that says something along the lines of even women have great ideas. Then I checked out, unimpressed by this dialogue.
Melissa
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Heard about this book during a panel on organizational culture at ALA Annual. Had some interesting ideas, but some thoughts needed to be fleshed out more and given some clarity. Nothing new or amazing here (no "overturning convention" as the cover says).
Casey
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
In ministry, most leadership books are only vaguely applicable. This book was recommended by another clergywoman and it was what I needed to hear. YMMV
Hannah Tekle
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
I did get this as a Goodreads win and I really wish I could give it 3 1/2 stars because it was good for sure, but maybe not overly memorable as some other business books I've read.
There are things I fully intend to come back to as I further in my leadership and career, but I think it might be more useful for me in discussion with others in the context of leadership.
Having said that, I certainly did learn a few things, such as chapter 4's description of percept language which I'm still trying to
Amber Griffith
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Not only does this book help with involving your employees and improving morale but it teaches delegation skills. The layout of the book makes it an easy read. I won this book on a goodreads giveaway. Thank you!

Roxanne
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a Goodreads win. It is a very helpful book about having good leadership skills. Good leaders find good workers and delegate things to them which is good for the boss and the employee.
Maria Green
May 15, 2016
Candy Van dam
Mar 02, 2016

• Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • The Courage to Be Disliked: How to Free Yourself, Change your Life and Achieve Real Happiness
  • In the Full Light of the Sun
  • La culpa es de la vaca
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • A todas nos pasa
  • Tirar y vivir sin culpa
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery
  • El libro de las relaciones
  • The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
  • The Leader Who Had No Title: A Modern Fable on Real Success in Business and in Life
  • Mapas mentales
  • Haz tus sueños realidad
  • Cree en ti
  • El amor de tu vida: de la esclavitud del miedo a la confianza plena en el amor
  • The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny
  • Never Split the Difference