Start by marking “The Music Box” as Want to Read:
The Music Box

Read Book

The Music Box

The knock on the door came early in the morning, the way most bad news did. Jane Reynold's ex-husband was dying and had one final wish--to spend his remaining days with his 12 year old son. On their way over to see him, and at her son's urging, Jane stops at a seedy pawn shop in an even seedier part of town, so Josh can purchase a music box for his father. What he doesn't ...more
Published August 6th 2015 by Micropulous Press

To ask other readers questions about The Music Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Music Box

Miriam Smith
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My son won this book in the Goodreads Giveaways and I'm pleased that he did as this book 'The Music Box' by Matt Micros is an absolute gem of a story. Heart-warming, emotional its packed with love, insight, family values and endearing morals.
Music can be very powerful and can evoke all types of memories. This is a story about a simple music box purchased as a gift from a pawn shop that plays a specially recorded tape featuring songs from Joshs dying father Nick's lifetime. As Nick lies in bed r
Joan
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a charming story which covers 3 generations. The music box is pivotal in helping each character understand the others, and himself. I will say no more, as I don't want to give away the most enjoyable episodes in the book! I would like to give it 4.5 stars.
Sabrina Bradley
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for free from the author through Goodreads Giveaways for a honest review. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book...pulls you right in from the start and then takes you on a magical journey of reminiscing through one families lives and yes is a tearjerker at times but is worth it...
Laurie
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
wonderful
Winter Crane
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Music Box was about family and second chances as it follows the story of Nick and Josh Reynolds, father and son, as the go back in time to when a song was first heard when the music box plays. It was an entertaining read with a sweet life lesson within it. The 'Gems' given throughout the book are humorous with respect, yet true and relate-able. The book teaches the reader family first, last, and in between. While it could have been left at Josh's speech about the 'Gems,' it continued on into ...more
Claire Barfell
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this book on Goodreads Giveaways. It is the story of a father who is dying and his son buys him a music box which plays music that brings back memories. He teaches his son 12 life lessons. This book was very touching and the ending brought tears to my eyes. The story just flows along and I really got deeply engrossed in it. I felt like I really knew Josh, Jane and Nick. This was very easy reading and the story just took me away from my every day life. I really enjoyed it.
Brenda Yanna
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won this book through goodreads, and I am glad I did, It was a quick read, but a very emotional book, I lost my dad at the beginning of the year, and we to also loved listening to favorite songs, but the songs in the book took it to a whole new level of memories and life lessons that the son will take with him for the rest of his life. I totally recommend this book.
Darlene Cruz
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and emotional, music does soothes the soul. In this story it brings back the memories of the forgotten ones. A well written short story to melt your heart and while your at it grab some tissues because you will need it. I received a free book I had won through Goodreads Giveaway. Thank you, Darlene Cruz
Marizela
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
"The Music Box" is a short, simple but very enjoyable book. It won't take you more than a couple of hours to read it but you will learn a lot from it. Very emotional and charming story that will touch your heart for sure.
Luisa
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a touching story and a quick and enjoyable read. A must read if you are looking for a sweet uplifting story.
Colin Sutton
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book from a Goodreads Giveaway and found it a good simple enjoyable read with plenty of charm and wit. It is certainly a "feel-good" story.
Shine
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from Goodreads Giveaway.

Its a simple story but you find yourself laughing, smiling, and reaching for tissues till the end.
Laurie

• Cottage Cheese Thighs
  • Last Night at the Vista Cafe: Stories
  • Churchill The Life: In His Own Words and Picture
  • The Adopted Son
  • Mistaken Identity (Malone Mystery #4)
  • The Collection (Collection #1)
  • Through a Broken Window
  • Debt-Proof Your Marriage: How to Manage Your Money Together
  • Flight from Fear: A Rabbi's Holocaust Memoir (2nd Edition)
  • The Ornamental Hermit  (DS Billings Victorian Mysteries #1)
  • The Watershed
  • A History of Photography in Fifty Cameras
  • Rock 'n' Roll Soccer: The Short Life and Fast Times of the North American Soccer League
  • Saint George: Rusty Knight and Monster Tamer
Matt Micros received a B.A. in American Studies from the University of Notre Dame and his M.S. in Television, Radio and Film from Syracuse’s Newhouse School of Communications, before spending the better part of a decade in Los Angeles working in television production. He followed that with a stint at Creative Artists Agency before returning to the east coast. He currently resides in Stratford, Con ...more