Start by marking “The Brother Karamazov / The Idiot” as Want to Read:
The Brother Karamazov / The Idiot

The Brother Karamazov / The Idiot

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  227 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
David Fishelson has transformed Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov and The Idiot into spellbinding drama that illuminates both titanic novels. The passionate Karamazov brothers spring to life, led by their roue of a father, who entertains himself by drinking, womanizing, and pitting his three sons against each other. The men have plenty to fight over, including the allur ...more
Audio CD, 4 pages
Published January 1st 2001 by LA Theatre Works

To ask other readers questions about The Brother Karamazov / The Idiot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brother Karamazov / The Idiot

Kathy Winterburn
Aug 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This timeless classic shows us that the social struggles and consciousness of the late 1800's is the same as this very day -- differences of religious beliefs, excessive lifestyles,family dysfunction, etc. The novel is rich in symbolism and protrays,on so many levels,the conflicts we endure as a society. I also see some of the stages of Dostoevsky's life reflected as he struggles through his own dramas and beliefs.Phenomenal book!
John Pauciulo
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The singularly most powerful, finely wrought novel ever written. Part mystery, part family melodrama and broad contemplation of God, man, faith, and the human condition. Will make you see the world in a new way. Only a few artistic works, in any medium, in the Western canon can compare.
Linda
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
such 'ordinary' stories, but so well told that you cannot help but get involved with each of the characters, their world and the wonderful language to tell those stories.
Peter
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful stories.
Anna
Feb 25, 2010 is currently reading it
I'm just reading an old edition: NOT this audio one {not that it matters!}. Don't know why it marked me for this one: Started it in Dec., thought I'd be finished by now. IT'S AWESOME!
Alfredo
Sep 17, 2011 rated it liked it
read this while in high school. quite elocuent and charged with high description writing value. good source of inspiration for the traditional and very particuarly unique russian style writing
Zach Perry
Nov 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book three times and i am not done yet. A masterpiece.
Rebecca
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize this was a performance. It was fun. I would like to read the whole thing and see if it is different from this.
Benjamin
  • The Moral Sense
  • A Boy's Will
  • Broken Glass
  • Space Boy
  • Anna in the Tropics (TCG Edition)
  • The Lost Girl
  • Screwed: The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class - And What We Can Do about It
  • CA. Blues
  • Ariadne:  A Novel of Ancient Crete
  • Dressmaking: The Complete Step-by-Step Guide
  • Dating for Dummies
  • The Best American Sampler 2011
  • The Last Resort
  • The Four Stages of Cruelty: A Novel
Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevsky (Russian: Фёдор Михайлович Достоевский), sometimes transliterated Dostoevsky, was a Russian novelist, journalist, and short-story writer whose psychological penetration into the human soul had a profound influence on the 20th century novel.

Dostoyevsky was the second son of a former army doctor. He was educated at home and at a private school. Shortly after the death
More about Fyodor Dostoyevsky...