Start by marking “Exposed (Tough Justice #1.1)” as Want to Read:
Exposed (Tough Justice #1.1)

Exposed

(Tough Justice #1.1)

A new job. A new case. A new criminal... ?

Special Agent Lara Grant will do anything to get her mark - until her last undercover case, infiltrating the notorious Moretti crime ring, forced her to get close to the top. Way. Too. Close...

Published January 12th 2016 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published October 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Exposed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exposed

Start your review of Exposed (Tough Justice #1.1)
Julie
Tough Justice: Exposed Part 1/8 by Carla Cassidy is a 2016 Harlequin Special Release publication.

I have always enjoyed serials, and wish there were more of them out there. With the busy lives many of you live, it can be a challenge to fit reading into your routine. Serials are a great way to incorporate reading into a tight schedule, plus, I love how each installment leaves you hotly anticipating the next story in the series, which encourages people to continue reading, whereas a novel can feel
Linda Strong
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read several of Carla Cassidy's books, mainly her MYSTERY/SUSPENSE and ROMANTIC SUSPENSE. In this series of 8 parts, featuring FBI Agent Lara Grant, Carla shares the writing experience with Carol Erickson, Gail Barrett, and Tyler Anne Snell. Each of them have written 2 books in this series.

This book introduces Lara Grant and focuses on her past. She spent a year under cover and brought down a major mafia drug trafficker. She then went into Witness Protection until all members
Richard
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm thankful for the free download from Netgalley in return for my honest review although in its Kindle format it is currently free from Amazon, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tough-Justice...
This is the first book in a series of 8 titles around a FBI investigation in New York City. A new team has been put together to tackle certain cases but before they can even begin an older case, thought resolved returns to haunt them and in particular Special Agent Lara Grant. She was instrumental in assisting the arrest and imprisonment of the major p
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
From the moment you start this book you know you will be in for a wild ride. This action packed start to an 8 part series is a hot and heavy ride that can only get better.

Carla Cassidy kicks off this mini series with a quick read that is full of action and lays a wonderful foundation for the rest of the books to come. What is unique is that these books are going to be written by four different authors. What a cool concept!

The suspense, twists, and turns that this series is going to
CLM
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Through 2/28, I am giving away the first installment of a fast paced romantic suspense thriller, set in NYC and featuring a superhero type FBI agent, Lara Grant. Enter through this link to my review: http://perfectretort.blogspot.com/201...
Kris - My Novelesque Life
EXPOSED
(Tough Justice: #1)
Written by Carla Cassidy
2016, 85 Pages
Genre: serial, mystery, suspense, romantic suspense

(I received an ARC from the NETGALLEY in exchange for an honest review.)

★★★

This eighty-five page novella took me a long time to read because it could not hold my attention. The suspense wasn't there and it felt like there were more characters than was needed. I will not be continuing the serial.

k (My Novelesque
Mollien Fote Osterman
Title: Exposed (Part 1 of 8)
Author: Carla Cassidy
Page Count: 85 pages
Heat Level: # 0 flames out of 5
Rating: # 4.5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

A new job. A new case. A new criminal…?
Special Agent Lara Grant will do anything to get her mark—until her last undercover case, infiltrating the notorious Moretti crime ring, forced her to get close to the top. Way. Too. Close…
Now starting a new job in New York City, all Lara wants is to leave the ghosts of her past behind. Until a dramatic sniper attack leaves Lara's face – and real na5
A5
ReleaseCassidy
Ted Tayler
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Competent cop thriller"

On the surface, this was a good opener to a series, with several interesting twists that set it apart from the run-of-the-mill cop thriller. I'm not sure whether I want to read the subsequent instalments however; as the lead characters tended to be one-dimensional, and there were some passages where their back stories were laid on too thickly, with a trowel, and things became repetitive. With seven more stories to unfold, that could become tedious.
Fictionophile
Anyone who enjoys fast-paced romantic suspense will enjoy this story. It is the first novella in an eight part serial which features FBI Agent Lara Grant. Lara is a beautiful, though damaged woman who has recently just come back to work after spending time deep undercover infiltrating the Moretti crime family. She was responsible for putting this evil, manipulative man behind bars and has spent a year in a safe house following his arrest and the arrest of some of his crew.

Upon her re
Vivian
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Lara Grant spent several years in deep undercover to bring down the Moretti syndicate. Her undercover work was so successful that she then had to spend a year in a safe house to protect her life. She's just returned to work in the FBI when she's called out to talk to a man on a ledge. A man that asked for her by name. A man she doesn't know. After talking this criminal off the ledge, she escorts him from the building only to have him killed in front of her by a sniper. Now the entire world, incl ...more
Petra
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Exposed was a very short, quick read, part 1 of 8, which will be written by four different authors.
This one introduces Special Agent Lara Grant who has just come out of hiding after taking down a notorious crime ring by working undercover. On her first day back working with her old boss but a new team and a new partner, she is involved in a shooting which seems to be related to the syndicate she helped to put away. Another murder follows, and it becomes clear that Lara may be targeted personall
Susan Hampson
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant beginning to a new series. This isn't a long book, more of a novella in size but Carla Cassidy certainly knows how to make every word count.

When FBI agent Lara Grant is told a man planning to jump from a building has asked to speak to her she doesn't hesitate in going to talk to him. It should have been straight forward but Lara's life is about to come crashing down as her past quickly catches her up.

You are bombarded with a lot of information in this novel but the story is so fasc
Melissa
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I normally don't do serials since I hate getting snippets of stories doled out at a snail's pace (can you say impatient?) but since these were all out and they were done by different authors, I was curious.

This series started out with a bang. As I was reading, I didn't think I'd get into Laura's character but as the book went on (and it was short) I found myself rooting for her. When the end came... and it ended with a "bang" and a cliffie (I have the next one YES!) I was totally cap
Chloe
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
If you are into a series book full of mystery this is for you . It starts off with a FBI agent Lara Grant joining a Crisis Management Unit . She has just come out of the safe house after bringing the Moretti gang to justice .But to her surprise and shock they have come back to extract revenge on her .The book ends in cliffhanger and you have to read the whole series to finish the story of Lara Grant and her partner Nick Delano who is dealing with his own truth issues
Overall a good , fast read l
Zoe Hall
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
I thought this book was okay, a little short and perhaps not my favourite type of book (I don't get why books have multiple parts, especially as this book is in 8 parts - why not just have one big book?). It was a free download and I can't really complain, an okay story with okay characters, nothing out of the ordinary. It was an enjoyable read, but certainly not the best crime/thriller I've read. The writing, however, was interesting and I can see why it's so popular.

3 stars.
Kat
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley-tbr
This is the first instalment in a gripping thriller which made me want to keep turning the pages to find out what was going on. Lara is a fab character in some ways but she isn't to her partner and for that I want to shake her. I love Cass and her attitude is great despite what her life has brought her so far. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Thanks goes to net galley and the publishers for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Donna Maguire
This is part one of the new novel, Tough Justice - it was fast paced, full of detail and I loved it - I have pre-ordered the second instalment already and can't wait for it to be delivered. Its looking to be a thrilling read and one I'm really looking forward too.
Kari
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, kindle, for-review

I definitely enjoyed the first installment. I was sucked in enough that I am looking forward to finishing out the series to see what happened next. I do have some mixed feelings about not having read the first series involving these characters. I think readers would benefit from reading the first set before this one. In the recaps, there are some spoilers that I fear might ruin things if I go back and read series one after this one. At the same time, the recaps did allow me to see more into the
Scott
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
This is NOT a book. I listened to it and realized it was just a snippet of an actual story. I've since gone and obtained all of them. There was enough to whet one's appetite here. A bit of background that's missing from previous books perhaps. But nothing so required outside of someone living in a house with a child. That was not explained.
The story kept moving. This was more of a few introductory chapters with a little story.
Ukgardenfiend
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books-read
Lara returns to work as an FBI agent after a year undercover with the Moreti Crime Syndicate, followed by a year as a protected witness during their trial.
On her very first day a suicidal jumper asks for her by name and a series of bizarre occurrences linking her, apparently, to the Morettis, happen.
I really need to read what happens next! There are 7 more parts to the story...
Ginka
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
Action packed! Received the e-box set for free as a Romance Insider panelist from Hallmark/Avon while participating in surveys on romance books. This is book 1 were you are introduced to Lara and FBI undercover agent who put away an organized crime boss and went underground for a year. A child abductor is murdered and a woman in Central Park where the calling card of the murderer leads back to the crime boss. Lara, her new team and partner race to find clues to stop the madness. Lara disguises h ...more
Brendan
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe.

Not my usual choice,but give it a go.Don't care for the leave them hanging ending.Feels like you have been manipulated .
Megan
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun quick read (listen really, I "read the audio"). Cliffhanger. I'll enjoy the rest of this series.
Ann
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I won't be reading the remaining parts, even though they are by different authors.
Diana Day-Admire
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

What an installment. Leave me on the edge, got to get the rest. Carla always delivers. Always a thrill. One of my favourite author s.
Becky
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A neat idea--a "season" of eight novellas, each of which is an episode in the lives of a team of FBI agents, written by different authors--I was definitely intrigued! Book one throws us right into a complex case--Lara Grant's first day at her new job involves talking a jumper off a ledge, identifying a child killer, and having her suspect shot between the eyes as she escorts him to a vehicle. She's got secrets she's trying to hide, a new partner, and a new team--is it all about to be shot to hec ...more
Arwen
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tough Justice #1: Exposed by Carla Cassidy...

I was given an ARC by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Description
Justice is worth every sacrifice.

Part 1 of 8 in the chilling, high-octane FBI thriller TOUGH JUSTICE from NYT bestselling author Carla Cassidy and Tyler Anne Snell, Carol Ericson and Gail Barrett.

A new job. A new case. A new criminal…?

Special Agent Lara Grant will do anything to get her mark—until her last under
Donna Repsher
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of part one of this new, serialized, multi-author FBI thriller in exchange for an honest review and here it is.

Part 1 of Tough Justice: Exposed, starts off with FBI agent Lara Grant finally returning to active duty after spending a year in a safe house in fear of dangerous and deadly repercussions from the Moretti crime family, She'd spent the previous year deep undercover, successfully infiltrating the notorious group, gathering evidence of their illegal enterprise
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Worth the read!

If you are looking for a new crime drama series with murder, revenge, hidden demons, and the reemerging past, read this series. Tough Justice, Book 1, introduces the reader to Lara Grant, an FBI agent stuck in the middle of her nightmares. Her reassignment and move back to New York City was supposed to be safe after a yearlong undercover infiltration that took down a massive trafficking ring. Her first day on the job, her cover is blown and she's staring at two murder case
Lauren Jones
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“We have to assume that, with Lara’s photo out there, it’s possible that somebody in the Moretti ring might see it and know that it was Lara who infiltrated them two years ago and brought them down. Now that it’s clear Lara is back in New York, it’s also possible that somebody is looking for revenge.” Victoria looked at Lara. “Maybe it’s time for you to disappear again for a little while, until we see how this all plays out.”

When hiding from an organization that can have anyone anywh
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wanted
  • Wrong Place, Wrong Time (DS James Ripley, #1)
  • Murder Rites: A Johnny Sundance Mystery
  • Where There's A Will (Inspector Stone Mysteries, #1)
  • The Ice Maiden (Detective Inspector Jack Gilbert)
  • Ice (Mark Kane Mysteries #2)
  • Cold Press (Anna Burgin, #1)
  • Dig Two Graves (Detective Solomon Gray #1)
  • The First Cases: A Roberts and Bradley Box Set
  • Odd Interlude #1 (Odd Thomas, #4.1)
  • Chained Guilt (Hidden Guilt, #1)
  • Bad To The Bones (Evan Buckley #1)
  • To Have and To Hold (The Wife # 1)
  • SLOW DRiP: First in a series of heart-racing thrillers
  • No Way Back: Part 1
  • Tell Him He's Dead (Max Wolfe #4.5)
  • The Runaway Train (Detective Kathryn Lincoln #1)
  • A Terminal Agenda (Severance #1)

Tough Justice (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Watched (Tough Justice #1.2)
  • Burned (Tough Justice #1.3)
  • Trapped (Tough Justice #1.4)
  • Twisted (Tough Justice #1.5)
  • Ambushed (Tough Justice #1.6)
  • Betrayed (Tough Justice #1.7)
  • Hunted (Tough Justice #1.8)
  • Countdown: Part 1 of 8 (Tough Justice #2.1)
  • Countdown: Part 2 of 8 (Tough Justice #2.2)
  • Countdown: Part 3 of 8 (Tough Justice #2.3)