Start by marking “The Hunt for Eros” as Want to Read:
The Hunt for Eros

The Hunt for Eros

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
“Cambridge isn’t very big, and Ben is a wealthy, handsome man. Of course we all know who he is. On top of that, he’s an absolute kinky man-whore!”

American preschool teacher Jane Andrews travels to Cambridge, England and meets the enigmatic Ben Hunt, a wealthy explorer who lives on the edge, both in the art world and in his erotic exploits.

Will the smoldering Ben Hunt be ab
Published August 10th 2015 (first published August 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Hunt for Eros, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunt for Eros

Lorraine
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This author's imagination and talent never cease to amaze me! From D/s stories in Vegas (The Thomas Hunt series) to a pirate and a woman from another point in time (Deep)and now to jolly old England....Ms. Hunt is one multi-faceted author.
The Hunt for Eros, while sexy and funny, is also very interesting and educational. I really enjoyed learning about the history of the world's most precious artists and their pieces. With that being said, who doesn't love a sexy, smart, rich Brit being paired up
Kat  Chadwick
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was one book I was looking forward to reading after being introduced to Ben in her third book, Poker, of the Thomas Hunt series. Ben Hunt is a cousin to Samantha Hunt from that series.

He is one sexy, smart and kinky English fellow that I wanted to know more about, and Sam J.D. Hunt, the author, did not let me down on getting to know more about him.

Sam never lets me down in her books when it comes to writing books filled with various places of the world. She always takes us on an adventure
RBCRRBLOGGER
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What do you get if you cross Indiana Jones and James Bond? Answer- Ben Hunt.

I am a huge fan of Sam’s work and have read all her books to date. When I heard she was writing this book I was so excited. We met Ben briefly in the Thomas Hunt series so as a Brit myself, I couldn’t wait to find out what this charismatic, sexy Brit got up to in his own book.

Jane Andrews is American and working as a preschool teacher which doesn’t pay well and she’s in a bit of a rut and craves excitement. After gettin
Jessica
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review! 5 Stars.

I am a huge fan of Sam J.D. Hunt and this book is my favorite of hers.

The Hunt for Eros is well written, flows very well and is fast paced. I was pulled into the story from the get go, and when I when I finished I was kinda mad, because I want more!! Sam has done it again.

Ben Hunt an English man who doesn't have remorse for the life he lives, he does some not so nice things, but that changes when Jane Andrews enters his life.

Jane And
Ashley Westphall-carr
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Sam does it again. Her writing is just fabulous!!! I love this book by her (my favorite so far).

What can I say about Ben Hunt... He's a proper English gentleman but engages in some despicable acts and has no remorse in him. But it all changes when he meets Jane Andrews. She is a mousy sort of thing, always being labeled as plain Jane. Jane is a preschool teacher down on her luck, when her great uncle dies and leaves her his inheritance. She just wants adventure, and to be swept off her f
Jenny Shepherd
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It had me hooked from the beginning. A fun and adventurous read with hot sex! Loved the characters and the treasure hunt for the Cupid statue. A MUST READ! One click now!
Alison
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Jane Andrews finds herself in Cambridge, England on a treasure hunt to find the inheritance her uncle has left her. With no clue where to look she enlists the help of Ben Hunt. Told to trust no one; Jane finds herself falling for the man with a dark past that could threaten the whole operation.

Firstly I want to give Sam J.D. Hunt great praise for her exceptional work; she has written a captivating, brilliant story with accurate use o
Missy Harton
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! 5 SEXY/ADVENTUROUS STARS!!! A DEFINITE MUST READ!!!
I had the privilege of reviewing this book before its release. You might be familiar with Sam's Thomas Hunt Series. The Hunt for Eros is slightly different from her previous series, but it will intrigue you from the beginning with its fast paced, fun, sexy, and adventurous plot. This scavenger hunt for a priceless work of art, will have you routing for its rescue. Highly recommended read for those who love a thrill seeking romance.
Jane A
Tina Morgan
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 suspenseful stars for this book!!!! This is the first book I've read from this author and now I want to read more. It kept me on my toes, I couldn't wait for the clues and to try and figure everything out. I didn’t want to put it down!!! It was suspenseful, funny, sexy as all get out!!!!
Jane Andrews gets a middle of the night phone call that takes her to England. Once there she finds out her uncle has left everything to her, well a statue that everyone seems to want. He sets up a scavenger hu
Mindy
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC in exchange for my honest review.

This is another book that she hit out of the park! I loved it.
Jane's uncle died and left her the cupid sculpture that she must go on a treasure hunt to find. Ben Hunt is there to help her along the way.. Even though she is falling for Ben don't mean she can trust him or anyone else for that matter. Everyone has an invested interest in getting their hands on the sculpture.
I loved all the characters even if some of them are I love to hate them
Marissa Newby
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
It was okay. I was intrigued with the synopsis and dove right in. What I immediately noticed that the whole plot line was familiar. It hit me about 20% in that it was like Romancing the Stone, and by the end it proved to be almost exactly like it. Except instead of the jungles of South/Central America the setting was Great Britain. I just feel like the story was way too rushed - and I know you don't want the story to drag on and on - but the characters had such a lackluster connection that it wa ...more
Reva Coomer
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sam is one of my absolute favorite authors! Her mind is an awesome place! Eros is a fun, flirty, treasure hunt! Ben is HOT. There were times I wanted to slap his stupid...but I still love him. Really fun hot read! This just might be my favorite book by Sam!
Linda Radcliffe
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a fast -paced from page one, full of twist and turns. Sam always makes you feel like you part of the story, I love that. Such great attention to detail in her stories.
The Magic of Books Blog
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Hunt for Eros by Sam J D Hunt

5 stars
Reviewed by Patricia

This book is an enjoyable romp through the British art world. A penniless American school teacher is left a legacy by her uncle, travels to England and meets a dishy British Museum curator. Ben Hunt is a rich treasure hunter in the shady world of priceless artifacts, naturally hedonistic and sexual he both shocks and attracts Jane Andrews at their first meeting.

Lots of scavenger type hunting, villains and friends are hard to distinguish
Caroline
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sam-jd-hunt
Arrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh. I turn and it's the last page!
Nooooooooooo. Please, I need book 2 in The Ben Hunt series ASAP!

OMG, The Hunt for Eros was a fantastic journey, full of intrigue, suspense and adventure, totally thrilling and, because we’re talking about Sam JD Hunt here, ultra mega sexy and smoking fucking hot, mama mia!

But it was so much more because It was about trust.
“My stomach was in knots - I really didn't trust Ben, or believe him for that matter, but I wanted to. Deep down, however, I
Ellie Masters
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This erotic treasure hunt takes you on a sweeping adventure across the UK for the elusive Eros. Along the way expect to find a little bit of love, romance, and a lot of steamy scenes.

Jane is an American, sent to Cambridge, England to collect her inheritance. The simple task is anything but easy, and she doesn’t know whom to trust. Jane relies upon the expertise of the sexy Ben Hunt, art expert, who helps her follow the string of clues to secure her inheritance before it is stolen forever. From
Daria
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ve read her work before and loved them, The authors makes one thinks that it easy easy to write. Her smooth transition between genre’s is noted of a talented writers.

Who doesn’t love a treasure hunt? Oh Plain Jane, maybe not so plain has been left a item part of her late uncles will. She is off to new adventures as she is left to find what is called “Cupid”.

Ben Hunt our answer to bad boy with a twist of posh, after all its Britain. With his vast knowledge of the Arts, Jane allows him to sweep
Sassy Southern
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Stoked to give a different genre a go, 1-clicked this new take on a treasure hunting romance, and found it really difficult to get through, didn't connect to any of the characters, there wasn't any exciting exploits, no thrilling chases, and no superb adventures.

Jane was a poor poor pitiful me, no self esteem, same old some old lost my parents and have no aspirations for a better future coward. Ben was the typical, supposedly handsome, swoon worthy, sex-a-holic, however what the hell did he eve
Debra
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
These two go on an adventure, it's a fast read and you knew Ben was a good guy because he is the H but it did you give you pause in some parts. The h fell in love instantly and even though she thought she was not beautiful or his type she was willing to be with him until their time was up...on one hand I can agree with her thought process-"I'm going to enjoy the sex I have with this beautiful man while I can even though I love him and I know this will end and it will break me" and then on the ot ...more
Jessica
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very unique art treasure hunt

I LOVE the settings of this book. London is one of my top bucket list. This book is very adventurous and educational as well.

It is a very unique art treasure hunt. It is fun, sexy and hot. It is very funny as well. There are many laugh out loud moments and breathless too. It is also a beautiful story of family and trust. Fulfilling a very unexpected dream.

I loved this book. I highly recommend it if you love arts and travel.

Disclosure:

I received an e-book copy of ex
Stacie Morton
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It was a fast paced, scorching hot adventure and I didn't want it to end! Sam JD Hunt is an amazingly talented writer who really brings her characters to life! The main character, Jane, was smart and funny, someone I could really relate to. And Ben Hunt? Whew!!! Definitely my new book boyfriend! This book was extremely well written and I recommend it to anyone aged 18 and over who loves a good adventure story with some hot sex and a good romance thrown in the mix! Well done S ...more
Estrella M. Perez
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tantalizing and super hot

I'm in love with this author's style of writing. This is the sixth book of hers I read and I have to say she doesn't disappoint. The sexiness of the men she writes about makes me want to keep buying her books I own others and have to say I'm about to purchase this one. It is fantastic. Don't want to spoil it but between the suspense and romance you get a combination of adventure that makes you wish you are the heroine of the story.
Lea Dimovski
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Chased the story but didn't felt I caught it

Felt the author stepped out of her usual genre with this title. Props to her for taking the plunge but it was a little too cat and mouse for me. I didn't get the chance to connect with the characters as too busy moving forward trying to keep up with storyline.

Second of her titles that I've had an issue with the dialogue formatting.
Vasi
Loved this story. It is truly The DaVinci Code meets hot, steamy sex. The story is interesting, exciting, smart, and funny. I enjoyed the chase, the seedy characters, and the many twists. I had a little trouble connecting with the two characters through. It seemed they never really got to know each other and Ben kept running hot and cold towards her.
Marika
May 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author.
I liked the style and the story.
It was fun and thrilling and loved the treasure hunt, but I didn’t feel a connection with the characters and between the characters.
I didn't feel the passion or the love.
I enjoyed the story tho.
Maybe it's just a case of wrong book at the wrong time. I will certainly read more from this author.
Keatyn's Mommy
Another great story

Another great story by Sam Hunt. I was excited to see Ben was getting a book! Somehow I expected more freaky freak from Ben with the way he was portrayed in he Thomas Hunt books but it was still enthralled and enjoyed every page!
Thai Holman
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won a paperback of this and loved it. Was short but maybe because I couldn't put down read it in one sitting. Had some funny moments adventure, and loved the chemistry between the characters. Great book. Wish it lasted longer.
Gina Burkart / Wojahn
May 30, 2017
Barbara Jaros
Jul 18, 2016
About Sam J.D. Hunt

Sam J.D. Hunt resides in Las Vegas with her husband, the inspiration for the young Thomas Hunt character, as well as her two children. Her debut trilogy, The Thomas Hunt Series, put a fun and unique spin on the popular BDSM genre. She followed up with the highly successful DEEP: A Captive Tale--a dark BDSM erotic captor/captive story about a pirate and his lady that spans time a
More about Sam J.D. Hunt...