Start by marking “Snowed in for Christmas” as Want to Read:
Snowed in for Christmas

Snowed in for Christmas

Everybody wants it to snow at Christmas . . . Don't they?

Asta's plane touches down in Ireland as the first flakes of snow begin to settle.

The weather turns what should be a flying visit into a snowed-in Yuletide with her chaotic, eccentric family. Asta fled her village years ago, with a secret hidden deep within her. That secret is now a feisty sixteen year old, Kitty,
Published November 19th 2015 by Pan

To ask other readers questions about Snowed in for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowed in for Christmas

Start your review of Snowed in for Christmas
Ana

Originally posted on This Chick Reads

* Copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review *

Actual rating 3.5/5

'Snowed in for Christmas' was on my list of most anticipated Christmas reads and I was dying to get my hands on a copy. I enjoyed Claire's summer book 'A Very Big House in the Country' and couldn't wait to see what she has in store for us this time. Also, let's just take a second (or more) to admire that cover? Gorgeous, right? It's even more gorgeous live, all sparkly and
Kristina Stenmarck
1,5.... this was so bad :(
Nessa
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Claire was a new author for me, but seeing the cover of this and that it was a Christmas novel I was excited to read it.

I found it slow to start with, but after the first few chapters I was soon drawn into the story and couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable read and I loved getting to know all of the characters and seeing how the story progressed and ended.

I spent plenty of time throughout the story wondering which guy Astra would end up with.
Plum-crazy
I like this style of book but I do have to be in the right frame of mind for it & I wasn't sure that I was. However, I wanted to read it before moving it on as part of a BookCrossing Challenge - & I'm glad I did!

If you get down to the nitty gritty then it follows the format of so many other Christmassy-feelgood-chicklit-heatwarmers: in short, black sheep of the family returns home , & although not looking for love, finds it (oops....is that a spoiler! Well no - after all, how many of
Verity W
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh this is so much fun. I love Claire Sandy's writing style and she's created another fab cast of characters and a satisfying Christmas-y story. I loved the Irish village life and Asta's independence and hard shell. There's so much to enjoy about this. Possibly my favourite Christmas read so far this year.

***my copy was sent to me by the author, but I'd've bought it myself anyway!
Agi
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015

As soon as I've heard that Claire Sandy is publishing her second book this year I knew that no matter what, I'm going to read it. Firstly - it's Claire Sandy, and I can read anything by her. Anything. She's already at the top of my favourite authors' list. Secondly, it's a Christmas - themed book, and yes, looks like I can read books about Christmas all year long. Thirdly, just have a look at this cover. In flesh it looks even more gorgeous that on a photo, and this beautiful snow globe is all
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Christmas, family, secrets, romance, passion.

This was a charming festive read with a subtle feminist backbone, and I loved the surprising thread of mystery and the shocking twist it brought with it.

Asta and Kitty had a fantastic mother-daughter relationship, it reminded me a little of how I am with my own mother. It felt so natural when the two characters interacted.

I loved the setting of Tobercree, how this introverted little community shaped each of the characters, reflecting their
Wendy Jakob
Asta is single mother to 16 year old Kitty. Having fled Ireland after discovering she was pregnant, she has made a life for them in London, working as PA to Conan. Asta thinks she's in love with Conan but he doesn't seem to see her in a romantic way. A chance opportunity sends Asta and Kitty back to her family village in Ireland just before Christmas and Asta is forced into confronting her past, revealing hidden secrets and choosing her future after crossing paths with Jake, the new owner of the ...more
Sandra
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually hate romance books. Cute, feel-good romance where you know how it ends before you even open the book has not been my cup of tea at all. But I still decided to read this because I was getting into the christmas spirit and I needed something christmas-y, something easy to read with a happy ending. So I picked this book up, to be honest it was the cover that caught my eye at first but I am so glad I bought it and read it. It was exactly what I needed and it was such a good book. I ...more
Jessica Oppmark
2,5 cute but the romance was to slow for my liking
Aimee
Dec 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Terrible. Couldn't get past page 11. Did not have the cosy, festive charm I was anticipating.
Dollface
Dec 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
If I could give this book minus points I would. It is silly and no finesse what so ever.
Jessica Nilsson
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cozy heartwarming story, definately worth a read - especially during Christmas. I'd probably give it a 3,8 or 3,9 if possible. But it's surely closer to 4 than 3, so it gets a little extra.
Claire Sandy
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
it's very interesting and i wanna read it again and again so i'll buy a book like this one!
Niki
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really liked this book, a mostly funny, fast read with great characters.
Kay Townsend
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a brilliant Christmas read. Loved it and the ending was great too.
Karin
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
(english)
Not bad but I have to admit that I did not like this Jake guy so it is hard for me to comment on this book in a better way
Marran
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Not as charming as I thought it would be. I had a really hard time liking Asta. She judged Jake for having had a few casual flings yet she's she queen of one night stand. ..
Jenn
I do like Claire Sandy's books.
Denise (paperthindreaming)
Sweet book, kind of predictable, but enjoyable. I didn't really care for Asta, but I liked a lot of the other characters.
Beth
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful Christmassy read!

In this story we follow Asta, she is in her 30s and has a 16 year old child. She made a big descion when she was younger, to keep her daughter she is her biggest blessing in her life. When she was pregnant she had to move out of her country, leaving her family and her first love, a French exchange student, behind.

Over the years she has tried some relationships but usually ends up burnt. Then one day, Asta is working on an article and that sees her going back to
Karen Whittard
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Everyone wants it to snow for Christmas don't they?
Well everyone that is except Astra.
Astra has returned to her home town of Ireland and is snowed in with her estranged family.
The first time Astras family have met her 16 year old daughter Kitty. Kitty is super excited to meet her long lost family. Astra isn't soo keen on the idea.
Kitty wants to find her father but Astra had other ideas
Love triangles, long lost family, hidden secrets, hectic family reunions and Christmas sparkle are the basis
Kimberly Beckham
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy the way I can allow myself to be pulled into Claire Sandy's stories. the characters are real and true and relatable. Charming with their warmth and flaws. There is always a twist or a truth to discover in the books, usually part of a lesson to not assume but get more information before acting or judging. Looking forward to the next one!
Emma Mills
Dec 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I only read women's romance fiction in December so I'm not the key audience. I did enjoy it but not half as much as The Great Christmas Knit Off. I'm not sure why, it was well written and a decent story. I did enjoy the ending, I think it was mainly the first half that was a little drawn out.
Tara
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
It's still Christmas if I haven't taken the tree down, right? A nice little festive story about a big loving female-dominated family. Bit slow to pick up but gained momentum. I didn't really enjoy the emails-as-narrative device as it didn't add much but there you go.
Annette
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed all Claire Sandy's books so far, there is always an " I didn't see that coming" moment, for me she didn't disappoint.
Joanne Smith
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read this in e-book while travelling at Christmas. Nice light Christmas read, a bit of family angst, some old dramas resurfacing and a new romance. Really enjoyed it!
Lianne
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very predictable but a nice easy read for Christmas time!
June Jones
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a pleasant read, nothing overly exciting
Margaret McLaughlin
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice and Christmassy

A nice book, good story, likeable characters and even a villain to dislike. I really enjoyed this book. Great fun.

• The Most Wonderful Time of The Year
  • The Parisian Christmas Bake Off
  • Christmas at the Beach Café (The Beach Café, #2)
  • Bokhandeln på Riverside Drive
  • 24 goda gärningar
  • The Cornish House
  • Två hjärtans karameller
  • Utan att släppa taget
  • Julia och Jack
  • Where The Light Gets In
  • Snöstorm och kanelhjärtan : fyra berättelser
  • The Beach Café (The Beach Café, #1)
  • Liten tvåa med potential