Start by marking “Singe (Guardian Protection, #1)” as Want to Read:
Singe (Guardian Protection, #1)

Singe

(Guardian Protection #1)

She was my nightmare. Every time I closed my eyes, I watched her fall into that inferno. Over and over, I failed to save her.

I hadn’t been able to reach her, and the guilt only burned hotter over time. Four years later, I was the unreachable one.

Heroes aren’t always saints. Sometimes, we’re nothing more than jaded sinners driven by sleepless nights and hearts full of darkn
Published February 2nd 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Start your review of Singe (Guardian Protection, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
2.5 Stars

Before I get started, I apologize for the...sparseness of this review. Edison is doing some "maintenance" in our area and I have no power AKA no internet connection on my laptop. Thus, I had to painstakingly tap this shit out on my phone - AFTER 3 glasses of wine.

I know. Fucking #skills

Anybullshit.

This book.

I ADORE Aly Martinez and I LOVE her writing...and so it pains me to say this...

But this book just did not resonate with me.

I don't know if I just wasn't in the right mind frame rig
Christy
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-five-stars
5 stars!

photo 09E09173-933F-45F8-9C97-491A6D8BAA08_zpskufvxkg7.jpg

Aly Martinez is one of those authors that always delivers. I’ve not read one book by her that I haven’t loved. Singe is the first book in her new Guardian Protection series, but ties in a bit to the Wrecked and Ruined series. Trust me when I say after reading this book, you’re going to want books for ALL the guys from Guardian Protection! The first is about someone new to the gang, Jude.

Jude used to be a cop. One night, his entire life was shaken up. He took a call after hours to a
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I lived in his nightmares. He lived in my dreams.

photo SingeTeaserLana1_zpsljjjsppf.jpg

SINGE is the first in a series of standalone novels surrounding each of the hotter than hell alpha males who work for the Guardian Protection Agency. There are a few series out there that have a similar flavor but Aly Martinez manages to give it her own flair--I wouldn’t expect anything less from Ms. Martinez! I do have to mention that I found some of the drama to be a bit tiring and if so
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

“No one in the entire world understands what it was like for me that night except you. I’ve never been ashamed of my scars, but our first night together, you traced over them and told me they were yours. You made me feel like they were something beautiful.”

Alpha male romance fans, you're going to want to check this book out! I’ve enjoyed many of Aly Martinez's books over the last few years and true to her distinctive style, SINGE had a wonderful balance between sexy hotness, humor, s
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This woman blows my mind every single time with her incredible talent. Singe was totally different from any of her previous books and it was beyond anything I ever expected. Raw, emotional, and downright sizzling (no pun intended), and filled with twists and turns that will blow your mind; I loved every single page of it.

If this book isn't on your TBRs, it NEEDS to be. Seriously.

Beta read

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Dilek VT
This is one of the sweetest books I have read. I loved it!

Solid 4,5 stars
With a bit more emotional epilogue, it could have been a 5-star read, but still highly recommended...

It had a bit of everything - awesome mix!

It has romance and steam.
It has humor and fun.
It has its own crazy.
It has its own life lessons.
It has a bit of mystery, suspense & action.

The plot is decent. The writing is splendid. (dual point of view, except for one surprise chapter written by the villain/hero)

The main characters
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Aly Martinez Fan, Romance
4 Nightmares and Dreams Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
Aly Martinez took the idea of personal perception and shot it with steroids...There was a heightened intensity of what was real, what was dreamt and what was in between. We are taken on a journey that has many twists and turns... with all of them including a group of men known as the Guardian Protection Agency. This Agency will anchor the series.

This first entry has a complex love story about two people who crossed paths in a way no one should.
✰ Liz ✰
"Heal me, Jude."
description

Singe is the first in the Guardian Protection Series. Aly Martinez makes her mark once again with this intense contemporary romance. With a heady blend of action, Singe offers a complex plot full of multiple twists and turn and smoking hot passion at its best.

description
"Our bodies rolled together, a fluid rhythm the likes of waves joining in the sea. My every push, she met with a pull. And, each time I'd slide out, she'd welcome me back in."
Jude is a hardworking police officer who
~♡AB♡~
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

This is going to be a short review, but I just wanted to share my opinions on this book because Aly Martinez is one of my faves. I really liked this story and thought it was a great opener to a new series, but alas it wasn't as loved as other books I've read by this author.

The Guardian Protection is a bodyguard agency run by Leo James (who we know from Broken Course, but don't worry it's a spin off so you don't need to read that first). I loved meeting all the guys, and as usual
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Olga therebelreader
I loved this book, I couldn't put it down once I started it. Aly Martinez does an amazing job at keeping you reeled in with her characters. From the very first word, this book dripped with emotion – it was filled with hope, love and trust. This story was sad and suspenseful but ended on an optimistic note.

Rhion’s story was devastating and I rooted for her from the start, hoping she'd find happiness. I just wanted to hug her and tell her that everything would be ok. No-one knew the depth of pain
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I was so thrilled to see Leo and Sarah again. I surprisingly fell in love with them in Broken Course from the Wrecked and Ruined series, a series famous for linking broken and flawed people and helping them find redemption. This was a theme that also ran throughout SINGE and applied to its main characters, Jude and Rhion.

Jude was once a cop in Chicago when one fateful night drastically changed his life forever. He got a call regarding a routine house alarm, but he ended up being the first respon
Jayme
4,5 stars! Aly Martinez wrote another winner for me. It's a fantastic story, emotional, exciting and burning hot, obviously. Also thrilling beginning for the new standalone series.

About the plot: Nearly four years ago Jude as a cop got a call that changed his whole life. Since that time he can't cope with what happened that night. Now he returns to Chicago to start a new job as a bodyguard in the Guardian Protection agency. He never would have expected where it leads him.

Rhion Park, although on
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
I'm totally hooked, addicted, and obsessed with this new series. It was so good. I need more of these fellows immediately!

The breakdown: Jude is a former Policeman who shares a traumatic past with our heroine Rhion. One awful night changed both their lives significantly. Jude responded to an emergency call while off duty. What he witnessed during that call has haunted him for years. He lost his job and suffers nightmares. Picking up the pieces of his lost career, he transitions to security. Afte
Nazanin
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 Butterfly Stars

"I might have carried the majority of the scars of that night, but it was clear he was hurting-worse than ever had. While the flames had long since been extinguished for me, they still burned hotter than ever inside his conscience, and it shattered me."

Oh God, Aly Martinez, you did it again! I love your writing! I loved every minutes of this story. I like her special style to express feelings such as happiness, sadness, heartache, anger, guilt…

He is a cop. one of his duty is
Carmen Rae
Oh My God I need more, because seriously I don’t think there could ever be enough. Enough of this series. Enough of these characters. Enough of this epic writing. It just doesn’t feel possible.

I am stalker obsessed a huge fan of Aly Martinez so as soon as the option became available I signed up for this ARC, no need to look at the blurb or anything but the authors name. But then I did look at the blurb and I decided this book was going to be angsty and devastating and I probably wasn’t in the ri
Beverly
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Singe is the first book in Martinez's new Guardian Protection series. This first installment introduced a lot of new characters and as I was telling my bestie I already can’t wait for their books! Aly is easily one of my favorite authors!

We first meet and Jude and within the first few pages I was in love. Jude is a police officer who is asked to respond to a call off duty. His willingness to go above and beyond changes in his life forever. A guy who was on his way to the top loses it all when pl
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
3 Stars

This is one of those times where I really, really liked the authors writing! This is my first Aly Martinez book and I want to dig up her previous books and start reading! This one started off 5 stars for me. I really liked the heroine. She was so cute and likeable! My heart hurt for the hero, so I figured this is gonna be a goodie.

But as I kept reading I noticed the author took a lot of time to introduce the other characters. Characters who I know will have their own books in this series
Stacey is Sassy
description

When a book rocks your world

I wrote a review last night for Singe and as I lay in bed afterwards, I thought about it. I knew it was dodgy but waking up to the babble I wrote was quite embarrassing. So, I'm doing a re-do and sticking to my feelings on this one. I kept the babble in the spoiler below. Who bloody cares about my scars? I'm sorry for the readers who had the misfortune to read it.

For the first time since I returned to work, I contemplated a sickie. Well, I didn't really, but I did a t
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
4.0 "BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY" STARS!!!
“We live in two totally different worlds, Rhion.”
“Maybe. But, in yours, you’re living in the dungeons of what you could have done differently ... In my world, you saved me, you’re falling in love with me, and I’m refusing to let go.”

Holy Guacamole!!! We're in for a treat with this first book of Aly Martinez' brand new series!! It was addictive, engrossing, captivating, hot and sexy with twists and turns that had my heart pounding and mind racing roll
Snow
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it

3 "you are real" stars

oh fuck, this is gonna be unpopular review I think BUT considering that i have devoured Aly's Fighting silence books and loved them so much, it pains me to say that this book was just meh...ok, I guess *shrugs*

And it's me not the book!

It was generally speaking, a beautiful love story of two broken people who were scarred by an accident and were healed back together!!!

The pacing was so slow that it slowed me down literaly, I liked the characters up to a degree where i ju
TereseDK
4 solid stars!!

Awesome start to a new series centered around the Guardian protection team.

This was Rhion and Jude's story and while it wasn't original, earth shattering or filled with dramatic twists; it sure was filled with plenty of swoony moments, funny blabbering, endearing main characters and an interesting secondary cast.

Rhion grew on me, cos I honestly found her blabbering mildly annoying at first, but I pretty quickly grew to love her. She definitely has her flaws but she was also very
Jay Crownover
Feb 19, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017
good stuff going on here.
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5 I love you Butterfly Stars*****

photo E9FBAE31-8191-4492-A001-7B023B2E3242_zpsie3b8839.jpg

Aly just knows how to write the best Alpha, protective and caring men. So when she says she's writing a series's for Bodyguards I'm 'of course' going to pick that bad boy up.. these boys are Alpha men, caring men and SEXY men and they do their job well.

Jude has always wanted to be a police officer from a child. He's idolised his father whom was an officer himself and wanted to protect his loved ones and his community. But one night a blazing fire, a tragedy
Carol
4 stars.
New author for me but I have been wanting to read a book by Aly Martinez for a while.
I had a slightly difficult time following the story and it's characters at first but the deeper I got into the book the more I loved the storyline and the more smitten I was with Rhion and Jude.
Rhion is a survivor and Jude needs forgiveness. They are each broken in their own unique way but together they have the power to heal each other.
Poignant, sexy,funny,mildly suspenseful romance that I really enjo
Malene
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Aly Martinez always manages to surprise me with her stories. Singe is a romance wonderfully mixed with suspense. Just the prologue alone was heartbreaking and the perfect introduction to our broken and flawed hero Jude.

Jude was guilt ridden after a traumatic experience while he was working as a cop. That experience had affected him both mentally but also physically. He was a very fascinating character and throughout the story I felt his guilt, fears and also his reluctance to let go of the past
Bindi Boo
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

Great plot twist and original story line. However, at around the 25% mark i thought i was reading a Kristen Ashley book. The alpha-ness of the hero, the one word answers, the grunts, the 'helplessness' of the heroine, the different personalities, the absolute gorgeous-ness of every character and camaraderie of the Guardian men...gave me some serious deja-vu!(think Rock Chick series)
I liked it enough, however felt there was not much connection between the main characters. They were only
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 3.75 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Rhion Park had ignited my life in unimaginable ways.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Jude and Rhion were both in a very unfortunate event. Rhion was stuck in her house with the fire quickly surrounding her. Jude was supposed to be off the clock but at the last minute received a call from dispatch to go check the situation out at the Park Estate. He never thought he would find a woman screaming for
☽Ari
5 it's real butterfly stars

Oh man, yes! This book was the in-your-face reminder of why I freaking love Martinez. Let’s just say a part of my heart lives with the Page brothers. I’d take Quarry any time of the day. And really, every single one of Martinez’s heroes are it!

So angsty, so possessive and so so alpha! Oh yes please. Give me more.

She does not disappoint with Singe either.

This is the first book in the Guardian Protection series (Guardian Protection meaning Leo from Broken Course‘s compan
Lo Bookfrantic
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
C.D.'s Canaries: Singe BR 2/15/2017 18 28 Mar 01, 2017 08:29PM

• When the Time Is Right
  • When the Walls Come Down
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • Where We Went Wrong
  • At All Cost
  • Where the Truth Lives (Where, #2)
  • Believing Bailey (Granton University, #3)
  • The Best Man
  • Playing with Fire
  • Charging (Gold Hockey #10)
  • Not What I Expected
  • Happily Letter After
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Enough
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
Originally from Savannah, Georgia, USA Today bestselling author Aly Martinez now lives in South Carolina with her husband and four young children.

Never one to take herself too seriously, she enjoys cheap wine, charcuterie boards, and her mildly neurotic golden retriever. It should be known, however, that she hates pizza and ice cream, almost as much as writing her bio in the third person.

She passe

Guardian Protection (5 books)
  • Thrive (Guardian Protection, #2)
  • Falter (Guardian Protection, #3)
  • Consume (Guardian Protection, #4)
  • Guardian (Guardian Protection, #5)

News & Interviews

“Rational thought had died in that stairwell. The moment I’d lost sight of her out the door, I knew I’d follow her. The second I’d seen Johnson standing there, I had known I’d fight for her. And the moment she’d smiled up at me, I had known I’d run a mile though broken glass to keep it aimed at me.
Long story short: I was fucked.”
3 likes