Start by marking “Parenting in the Here and Now” as Want to Read:
Parenting in the Here and Now

Parenting in the Here and Now

4.6  ·  Rating details ·  5 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
"Lea brings her warmth, her wit and her wisdom and walks with you heart-to-heart, and side-by-side on the mysterious path of parenting. I wholeheartedly recommend it to all grandparents, aunts, uncles, best friends, and teachers... everyone who loves a child and loves their parents." --Lynn Jericho, www.imagineself.com

"How wonderful to open a book and feel that you have b
Published April 16th 2015 by Floris Books

To ask other readers questions about Parenting in the Here and Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parenting in the Here and Now

Lea Page
Aug 12, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: parenting
I wrote the book that I needed when I was a young mother. It still surprises me some days: that I wrote a book. It doesn't surprise me, though, that I still need it!

I hope it is helpful to you, but mostly I hope you feel like you are in good company while you are reading. I certainly felt that I was while I was writing.

Let me know.
Claire
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is difficult to review. I like it and it reaffirms for me that I am heading in the right direction. But although the author frequently assures us there is no judgement from her, it sometimes feels like there is judgement dripping from the pages (like when she points out that the aware mother tends to her child no matter how juicy the story her friend is telling. how dare you take some time to talk to an adult instead of eagle eyeing your child).
The crux of this philosophy of parenting
Kathy Heare Watts
This is a book I won in a Goodreads giveaway offered either by the author or publisher. I want to say a great big thank you for their kindness. I am now passing this book on to another person, family member or friend who may also benefit from this book. My library is so full, I need to share and the best way to do that is to give this book away now so someone else may enjoy the words between the pages.

I passed this book to my youngest daughter, the mother of 4 girls ages from 2 years old to alm
Jennifer Kiernan
Bret Jarvis
Sep 12, 2015
Sam
Sep 14, 2015
As an undergraduate, Lea studied literature, experiential education and outdoor leadership. She is a former La Leche League leader and has been a mentor for parents and homeschool groups for nearly two decades.

A knitter, gardener and dog-spoiler, Lea raised and home schooled her two children in rural Montana. She and her husband now live in New Hampshire, where she is at work on two memoirs.

Lea’s