Start by marking “Clarity of Lines (Thomas Elkin, #2)” as Want to Read:
Clarity of Lines (Thomas Elkin, #2)

Clarity of Lines

(Thomas Elkin #2)

When some lines blur, others become crystal clear.

Absolutely smitten, Thomas Elkin and Cooper Jones have decided they’re prepared to give a relationship a try.

What they’re not prepared for is the reaction from their families, who try to force them apart.

Both men are about to learn that there are lines that define us. Sometimes the lines blur, sometimes the lines become cry
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 138 pages
Published August 10th 2015 by Pride Publishing (first published December 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Clarity of Lines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clarity of Lines

Start your review of Clarity of Lines (Thomas Elkin, #2)
Karla
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Loving Tom/Cooper even more they’re definitely faced more bumps in their new relationship in this installment but as always they can handle anything. This one was also a bit more emotional too especially the last few chapters but the sweet love between this guys always outshines anything. Book 3...... ♥️

Exina
Clarity of Lines is the second book of the Thomas Elkin series.

Tom and Cooper’s relationship has to withstand the first real difficulties. Coming out as a couple with that much age difference is not easy.
I wanted them to know about the person who challenged me, who drove me crazy, who made me laugh. Who loved me.

Facing with their family members’ reaction is sometimes tough, sometimes annoying, but they manage to overcome it. And it is still better than losing the chance to tell them. Tom’s
Shile
Audiobook - 4.5 stars
Story - 3.5 stars

This was cute, hot and angst free and just what i needed.

I am knocking off a star for the villain ex- wife theme. In real sense she is the victim, i will not rant about it, considering this book was first published in 2013, i would like to think we have grown past that troupe.

The chemistry between Tom and Cooper is believable and the sex was hot.

The parents reaction was realistic.

Overall, i liked it.
Susan
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I love Thomas Elkin.

I let it be known to all that I love Thomas Elkin.

But when people ask why, it’s hard to really explain. He’s not this dashing alpha-male character who saves the world. He’s not overtly charismatic or sexy in an obvious way. He’s not the kind of character that people fangirl over and make collages and videos about.

He’s just Thomas.

He’s older. He’s mature. He’s established, successful. He’s finding himself. He’s letting himself find himself. He’s navigating the many landmines o
Barbara➰
Reread July 2019

They are still a favorite couple of mine.

Reread May 2018

I lust love these two so much.

Originally read February 2018

Tom and Cooper are moving along in their relationship. Not everyone understands. Not everyone is accepting. But through it all they are solid. They might fight or say words they can't take back, but they never call it quits or stop loving each other.

"I loved him, this man who was half my age and twice as strong as me. I’d never loved him more."

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.75 Stars***

Cooper and Tom....for serious.....just....I can't....I'm mush....so much love...

"It's a Gen Y thing."

"It's a Cooper Jones thing."

This book picks up where Elements of Retrofit leaves off. Tom and Cooper are happy together and falling more and more in love. Now that the whole job situation has been taken care of, the two are able to openly be together. That means family introductions.

I loved that no matter what anyone's opinion was or what nasty comment was thrown thei
Gigi
re-read June 2016. Not as good as book one, but still really fucking good. 4.5 stars.

This was the perfect sequel to N.R. Walker's Elements of Retrofit. It literally got to the heart of Tom and Cooper's relationship and I feel in love with the pair all over again.

If you read and enjoyed Elements of Retrofit, you will most certainly enjoy Clarity of Lines. And, yes, I believe you need to read the first book to understand the second. They are meant to compliment one another.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED 5 sta
Jeanne
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great series, love this couple! Thomas and Cooper's emotional connection is believable, and they compliment each other so well. The conflict is real life stuff and not pointless or contrived drama. The age difference adds an interesting dynamic, although I'm starting to feel bad for Tom with all the old jokes. Is 44 really all that old? I guess if you're 22 it might seem like it, Lol. I have to admit the gen y joke got on my nerves after awhile. I'm going to schedule some time in to do ...more
Bev

Wonderful narration by Nick J. Russo, and as this is an emotionally charged story, his interpretation was perfection [thank goodness Nic decided that a change of narrator was in order for this series]. The drafting table made several appearances 😉. The cost may be an issue for some people...quite expensive for a 3 hour+ narration really, but I got the audio for a cheaper price cos I bought the book back in 2015.

Book Review 2015

5 stars ★★★★★ and 5 ♥♥♥♥♥ from me.... another delightful, del
Ingie
Written December 18, 2013

3 1/2 Stars - for a nice story about a nice male couple - with a nice update on their ongoing relationship - simply niiiice!!

Clarity of Lines is the second novella (a sequel to Elements of Retrofit - 3.8 stars from me) about an architect and successful business leader, the 44 year old Thomas Elkin, and his attraction (and maybe life-love) to a much younger man. The young man who has begun to really capture his heart is a talented, promising and so delightfully charming g
Macky
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone... Obviously!!! Lol.
Oh be still my beating heart! Nic Walker does it again ... only this time she had my 5 stars on the first page when the book opens with the first of many awesome, funny, sweet, witty, sigh inducing, loving, banter filled conversations between the gorgeous X Gen Thomas and his " little shit" Y Gen lover, the irascible but oh so loveable Cooper! God I love these two men. * sigh*

' We untangled ourselves and Cooper suggested we shower together. "To save water," he said. "We should be responsible,
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Better than the first book, more angsty and real; I loved seeing Tom and Cooper fall deeper in love.

I'm very appreciative of Ryan for standing by his dad and Cooper, especially since the same can't be said for other family members on either side. They slowly come around, though.

And of course Cooper stands by his man as tragedy strikes. I do wish Walker didn't summarize so many of the sexy scenes; just a little more detail would have been nice.

This one ended on a great note. Can't wait to read
Erth
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the story of Tom and Cooper, about the relationship between an older man and his younger partner. It could be read as a stand-alone but I think that it is more enjoyable if you have read the first story beforehand.

The first book focused on how their relationship came about and the initial difficulties around this however this story includes their families and how they show their commitment to others and, in particular, Tom's coming out to his parents.

I always enjoy books by NR
Denise H.
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** Loving this trilogy ! *** Continuing on with Tom and Cooper, our suit and tie Architects from "Retrofit." They are now a couple, determined to tell parents their status and move on with life together. They attend Tom's son's birthday and the ex-wife is a shrew to Tom and Cooper.

With that , and newly acknowledged "love," the "L" word expressed, they settle into a daily routine and the guys get closer and closer. Super hot sex dots this terrific story, great banter, and Cooper reveals a fanta
Janie
I can’t get enough of Tom and Cooper. What I love is that no matter what’s thrown their way, they take it on together. They’re so loyal and in love with each other. I love Ryan, Tom’s son. He’s so supportive of them.
BWT (Belen)
Edited for audio: I'm only going to ask one thing: Have you already purchased Elements of Retrofit or Clarity of Lines in audio format? Nick J. Russo is simply a pleasure to listen to, with great character voices, timing, and a terrific pace. Frankly, this is a no-brainer: buy this series.

I love this series more every time I read it. Told again (mainly) from Tom's single POV (though Cooper does get his own chapter at the end 😘), this contemporary romance features an age gap that doesn't really m
~Volha~
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coming out to their families and knowing beforehand that they won't take it well was very brave thing for Coop and Tom to do. I loved how they supported each other, stood up for each other. There was more angst in this book, there was grief and dealing with loss. I loved Cooper and how sensitive he was to Tom's needs in difficult time.

The whole story was filled with humor and witty banter. Cooper's confidence is really attractive, his surety in his relationship with Tom paving the way to accepta
Tina
Shelves: romance, blog-reviews

”If gender doesn’t matter, then neither should age.”

I’m a huge fan of Nic Walker and have been reading all of her sweet and mostly angst free romance novels. The Thomas Elkin series is a winner as well, I just loved the first book.

In Clarity of Lines Thomas and Cooper’s relationship is settled. They are ready to do the next step – showing the world that they are together. Unsurprisingly their families don’t take the news well. Especially Tom’s ex-wife Sofia and Cooper’s Dad leave no
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧

Such A *HUGGABLE* Love Story

Some days a good re-Read just makes sense. And, in these day it’s a luxury. There are so many books and so little time. But, this re- visit was worth every minute of my time. No words were wasted.

In this book-Cooper , his persona reveals a strong sense of confidence, strong self assured, cocky and arrogannt at times. Whilst Thomas persona was sweet, kind, and not-so-self-assured, and my goodness, both personas worked perfectly together, and I loved every minute of re
Sheri
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soooo, here’s the thing-
I’m not a fan of big age difference love affairs. Which truly makes no sense; my own grandparents were separated by 16 years. And honestly, maybe that’s it.
My Gramps passed away several years ago and my grandmother still has many many years left in her. People always look at me funny when I introduce her, she could very well pass as my own mother. She is a young, hip Grams. She refuses to consider another relationship, her husband, only husband is gone. I know she was e
Ami

Until about 80% of this story -- I was dead set on giving this around 3 - 3.25 stars. See, the writing was nice (it's N.R. Walker, for those who have read hers, you know what I was talking about). It was light and easy (sometimes too easy). However, at the same times, it's also a "lather, rinse, repeat" kind of story.

We have Thomas and Cooper bantering, got horny, had sex, planning to introduced themselves to others as couple, bantering, got horny, had sex, planning to introduced themse
Anke
First read Dec. 14, 2013:

Thankfully I remembered book #1, so no re-read necessary. Either because my memory got better, or, and I think that's the case here, the writing was simply wonderful and remained with me.

So, finished reading this one in record time, loved it, just like the first book, and now back to waiting for the next one. Is it January already?

Re-read Jan. 23-24, 2014:

Still as good as the first read, love both, Tom and Cooper together. Small niggle: I could have done with less Gen Y.
Barbara
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barbara by: Isabel
Shelves: m-m, lovely-romance
4 “It’s a Cooper Jones thing, remember? “ Stars

photo 31b8d37b62c32576458bc2e8aa5a6867_zpscf1b627c.jpg

“He fit against me perfectly. He felt right—his arms, his smell. Everything. He was…everything.”

photo 8698addad5138851945ed614a75006d6_zps7fd09b8e.jpg

“I loved him, this man who was half my age and twice as strong as me. I’d never loved him more”.

photo 0ca22ae3ed10e1bffd042fd5c9c4bb2c_zps249f60b4.jpg

Highly recommended ! Love it!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Book 2 in a 3 part series of novellas featuring Thomas and Cooper.

Book 2--Clarity of Lines--picks up where book 1 left off. Cooper's internship has ended. In order for them to stay together, Cooper gets hired on at competing firm.

Thomas and Cooper's relationship continues to develop. They are both trying to navigate Cooper's new job, as well as, telling their families about their relationship.

Families that aren't always accepting of the 20 year age gap.

I love that the drama/conflict
Mona
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
**3.5 Sad & Sweet Stars**

The beautiful relationship continues, between Thomas and Cooper...only sadness and the pain of lose, is added along the way. This book showed the strength in their connection and depth of their love. It was simply...delightful.

description

"I've fallen in love with you, and if gender doesn't matter, then neither should age."

Ky
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
So, I read the first two books of this series back-to-back.

The first had more to do with the beginning of Cooper and Tom's relationship, while this one had more to do with their families and how they reacted to them being together.

I liked Ryan since the first time he made an appearance and I continued to like him here. After his initial sock in Elements of Retrofit, which was one of my favorite scenes, he pulled it together and really supported them. He was funny and mature. A trully likeable ch
MishyJo
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was in such a hurry to get to book 3, I forgot to review this one. Perfection. Just my thing. Just what I needed. More books like this in my life please.
W.
Fantastic

Overall: 4 stars
Performance: 4 stars
Story: 4 stars
Reviewed: 01/13/2020

Heartwarming . Humorous. Hot. perfectly describes book two in the Thomas Elkin Series.

Nick J Russo brings Thomas and Cooper, the heroes, to life. His vividly , emotionally and sexy narration and character portrayal was entertaining and mesmerizing. He made me laugh , cry , mad , hot and bothered and everything in between.

Written in a positive and hopeful tone , where common sense prevails , conflicts are resolved wi
Breann
I love the May-December theme.
I love the chemistry between Thomas & Cooper.
I love their banter.
I love Cooper. I especially love Cooper with his confidence & strength.

There are so many things that just work for me. Except for one. Which ended up being huge deal and lessened my enjoyment immensely.

I hate the way Sofia was portrayed. She was made to look bad, when I think Thomas and Cooper were the ones in the wrong. I'm tired of the bitchy ex-wife. She was hurt. Of course she was petty. I'm pretty
AliciaJ
Love the extra scene from Cooper's POV in this new edition!

I've been anxiously awaiting this book, and it didn't disappoint one bit. In fact, I just fell more and more in love with the MC's, Tom and Cooper. I loved the way they stood together in the face of controversy and adversity, and I loved the way they grew more solid as a couple. This was a total winner for me, and I truly hope there are more stories to come in this series.

• Enemies of the State (The Executive Office #1)
  • Pretty Sweet (Boys in Makeup #2)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Enemy Of My Enemy (Executive Office #2)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Enemy Within (The Executive Office #3)
  • Project Hero
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Fall Deep (Kinley Island, #3)
  • Ride the Lightning (Sinister in Savannah, #1)
  • End Scene
  • P.S. I Spook You
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa

Thomas Elkin (3 books)
  • Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1)
  • Sense of Place (Thomas Elkin, #3)

News & Interviews