Start by marking “Hit'N Run (Under Suspicion Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Hit'N Run (Under Suspicion Book 1)

Read Book

Hit'N Run

(Under Suspicion #1)

Lorna Tymchuk fights to overcome a past filled with neglect and abuse.

Determined to build a better life, Lorna has climbed the ladder to a successful public relations career one slippery rung at a time. But while on her way to an important meeting, a former lover crashes back into her life—literally—and she becomes embroiled in a police investigation that threatens every
Published August 11th 2015 by Limitless Publishing LLC (first published August 3rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Hit'N Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hit'N Run

Start your review of Hit'N Run (Under Suspicion Book 1)
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I love a good suspense story.
Undercover cop
Drug smuggling
Caskets/Urns as transport devices
Single motherhood
Heartbreak
Old anger issues
The Fong Family

When Lorna literally runs into a hearse, she has a nagging suspicion she might now the driver. But where who would she know while on a business trip in another state. When the guy hands her his license and first makes sure she is okay, but tells her that he has to go but to contact her insurance and file a claim, he was at fault. Then Lorna really lo
Books Laid Bare
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book by this author and it was a revelation.
Each author has their own writing footprint so to speak, their own style and mannerisms and when you happen upon a new author, this style can be the make or break factor as to whether you are actually likely to finish the book, no-one enjoys reading a book that is either poorly written or my personal peeve, too wordy. And although it took me a couple of chapters to familiarise myself with the lilt of Lori’s prose I was soon completely hooked.
T
Charity Foster
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I'm going to start this review by saying that I have not read anything by Lori Power before so I had no idea how she could turn a book full of tragedy and heartbreak into a wonderful love story. Lori nailed all aspects of a romantic suspense novel. There was so much heartache, angst and suspense intertwined with hope, longing and a love so strong the characters had no chance of evading it.
Mitch and Lorna met in college and never truly got over the heartache of a supposed wrong at the end o
Rhonda Bell
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, suspense
Hit ‘N Run is a novel of undercover, drug smuggling and a kindling romance. This is a perfect mystery, a good read with suspense, with interesting characters.

Mitch an undercover cop is trying to bring down The Fong Brothers who are smuggling drugs to the United States through unusual means. Mitch has infiltrated into the company of the Fong Brothers to get enough evidence to bring down a drug smuggling operation. But through a twist Mitch is an accident while he is driving a hearse which will l
Heather Young
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

I love a good suspense story.

Undercover cop
Old anger issues
The Fong Family

Ara Prado
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Hit'N Run (Under Suspicion Book 1)
Author: Lori Power
Publication Date: August 11, 2015
Published by: Limitless Publishing LLC.
Source: ARC Given by Author for Honest Review

ARA'S NOTE:
Before I start my actual review, I'd just like to say that this book turned out to be such a riveting and exciting journey. Just basing from the synopsis, you'd know that this isn't your everyday, cavity-inducing romance book. Hit 'N Run is in a league of its own, and I'm going to stop gushing now or I might sp
Marcy
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'Hit 'n Run' by Lori Power is very well written. I was hooked from beginning to end. The shift between present and past is captivating allowing me to really get to know and care about both main characters. There's really something for everyone - romance, mystery, action... I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great story. Can't wait to read 'The Tables Have Turned', book two in Lori's 'Under Suspicion' series.
Julia Damatto
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hit 'N Run is an exciting romantic thriller, full of mystery and suspense.
Lori did a great job building up tension, the plot grabs you since page one and keeps you turning page after page until the end.
Both main characters, Mitch & Lorna are right for each other, the couple's chemistry is intense and credible, and after an accident they found, once again, in the same road, a road full of obstacle, danger and love.
Is this going to be a Hit & Run or a Happily Ever After?
Highly Recommended!!
Peggy
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't go wrong with a good suspenseful read like this one! The twist and turns will have you turning the pages and so far lost into the read that the rest of the world won't matter. A highly recommended book!

*Received for an honest review*
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
DNF: I just could not get into this story. I found the characters difficult to connect with. I just couldn't get into the story at all. I don't think there is anything wrong with the book per se, but I was just not feeling it. Like, at all.
book_luv_r
Really boring. Lorna (hated the name) and Mitch needed to be developed more. There was almost no chemistry. Two cardboard cutouts really. Maybe a flashback or two would've helped. This was a Kindle Unlimited book. Thank goodness.
Jessica Jackson
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like a book with clever turns of phrase and dynamic characters, then this is the book for you! I love that Hit 'n Run is set in Canada. Way to represent, Lori!
Bonnie Dale Keck
May 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Kindle Unlimited but must be permafree or on freebie day. It was 'okay' rating was to match the 2 stars of amazon didn't like it. It was aggravating. Normal adults don't act/think like some of the thoughts and conversations, and cops definitely do not look away when people are still that close to their vehicle.

I also don't see what the pseudo sexaul scenes and thoughts were supposed to do in advancing the story in any real way. And when did Tim get all the way back to the helicopter, it was his
Leah
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a voluntary and honest review for an advanced copy.

I really enjoyed reading this book, there was a bit of everything, good plot building, plenty of action, suspense, humour and romance.

The main characters are very likeable, Lorna feels vulnerable about her past but is still strong and resilient. Mitch is also a strong character but you don't get the feeling that he overpowers Lorna. The romance side of the story is predicable but the story it self is fast paced and exciting. The charact
Julie

description

Gosh. I just hate this. I hate not enjoying a book because that means that I have to write what I hope is considered constructive criticism. I just didn't enjoy this book. It wasn't what I expected, in the least and to be honest, I feel a bit let down.

From the moment I cracked this one open, I had high hopes. I've been reading a lot of romantic suspense lately and I've quickly learned that it may be my new favorite now. Watch out, all of you bodice ripper books ... there's a new favorite in tow
Amy Shelton
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I Dig Good Books.

*I received a copy of this book a long time ago from Goddess Fish Promotions in exchange for a fair and honest review*

This was a decent read overall. A romantic suspense with a sweet love story that will leave you sitting on the edge of your seat until you’ve finished the story.

Overall, this was an enjoyable book. The storyline was a good one, had some great love scenes, and some pretty suspenseful scenes. Those kept me reading and made
Mignon Mykel
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received a copy of the title through author in exchange for an honest review.

The first two chapters were difficult for me...

The point of view kept flip-flopping between Lorna and Mitch, and I was quickly becoming annoyed. However, after the hit and run the book is titled for, it all settled and the story itself was quite the journey.

When Mitch first met Lorna, it was because he needed a tutor. She tripped in the library. This next time he sees her, he's deep undercover and she doesn't recognize
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
SNS Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Shar's ★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Lorna and Mitchell certainly have had ample opportunities to be together. For multiple reasons, these two never seem to get settled though. Lorna is the owner of a PR up and coming PR company and Mitchell is an undercover police officer. Their lives intersect once again and hopefully this time they will be able to stay together. Some twists and turns here. The author was even able to surprise me with how one of the villains is connected to the
Louise
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first book by Lori Power and I will be reading more of her books without a doubt. If I'm truly honest I have to say that it did take me the first two chapters or so to really get in to the book and the style of writing but I think that can happen whenever you read a new author. However please don't be put off by that as I was so happy I continued reading.

'Hit and Run' was more than a basic romance novel, there was
Kelly Yekel
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book of Hit'n Run, for only the promise of giving an honest review.
Positively the most moving and drawn in story I've encountered in a long while. I must say, the main characters of this book are strong forces to be reckoned with. Their chemistry empowering beyond the drastic danger facing them. Mitch determined to save Lorna, not only because he feels he placed her in the horrible danger she was in at the hands of the Fong brothers. But more so, because the love he has for her
Melinda
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**more at melenasreviews.wordpress.com**

This is the first I have read from Lori Power and have to say it was funny and in a way a little suspense. There were times that made me wonder if Lorna was really all in the heist Mitch was trying to uncover. Then there were times where I wanted to hit Lorna. I mean here is a guy who wants you back willing to do anything including ending his career to make you happy. These two were fun to read and sometimes funny by Lorna denying the attraction and Mitch
Jackie Roche
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank NetGalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this in return for an honest and open review.
When I first started this book, I thought it was going to be a run of the mill Chick Lit. How wrong I was! Yes it has romance but it also has mystery, suspense and thrills galore.
I enjoyed the way the characters were developed. At one point I thought one of the good guys was a baddie!
I will certainly be reading more of Lori Power's books and look forward to findin
Kelley Schmidt
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading Ms. Power's work so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. This novel is very well written and captivating. I couldn't put it down! Mitch and Lorna's first encounter, when each knows who the other is, is very emotional and touching. The mystery and suspense are perfectly paced to hold the reader's attention. The secondary characters add a touch of humor and are very delightful. I can't wait to read more in this series.

Copy provided in exchan
Crystal Saario
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hit n' Run

I was given a free copy of Hit N' Run" book 1 in
the “Under Suspicion” series by Lori Power in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book I've read by Lori and it's a great one to start with.
Action , romance , mystery it has it all !
The main characters , Mitch and Lorna are perfect for each other , knowing each other from the past and literally running into each other in the present !
I highly recommend reading this book you won't want to put it down !!
Jennifer Lombardi

I have found a new author that I love! Lori Power of course! This book is amazing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way these two characters stumble across each other after so many years! The tension and suspense kept me intrigued from start to finish! The story line is fabulous and the title is perfect! I can not wait to read the next one!!!

***This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an open and honest review***
Cassie
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like a good suspense story-line and this one delivered. It is fast-paced and keeps you on your toes. It's hard to write a review without giving too much away, but I would definitely recommend it!

I am looking forward to the release of The Tables Have Turned.

I was provided a copy of "Hit ’n Run” in exchange for an honest review.
Izzie d
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was good and the ending quite exciting, it has quite a fast pace and you couldn't wait to get to the end.

There was humor and the hero and heroine were interesting but the only thing i didn't like was the mental narration of the characters, in italic writing, i have a personal hate about this, their musings.

But the development of the h/h is really good.
Kerry
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, romantic-suspence
This was a great book! I loved Lorna and Mitch, and this book was full of action. They had a misunderstanding back in college but reconnect when Lorna hits Mitch's car while he is undercover and on the way to a big bust. My only complaint is that I wanted a bit more from the ending, but I hope that means it leads into another book!
Crystal
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review,thank you :)

This is the first book that I have read from Lori Power and I really enjoyed it.The story of Lorna and Mitch was very sweet and I found myself not being able to put it down :D
Carol
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up the book just after supper one evening and I could not put it down till I finished that evening. The story captured me within the first couple of pages. Very well written. A great mixture of romance and keeping you on the edge of your seat!

• Montana Man
  • Little Red (Everland Ever After, #1)
  • Spying in High Heels (High Heels, #1)
  • Dream with Me, Cowboy (Texas Matchmakers, #1)
  • Treasure Me, Cowboy (Turner Creek Ranch #1)
  • Polar Bear Dawn (Detective Bernadette Callahan Mystery #1)
  • The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #1)
  • The Sweet Taste of Sin (The Fontaines, #1)
Attracted to the deeper meaning of roots, family, and community within each of us, these philosophies form the foundation of the characters in all of Lori's writing.

In business, as in life, Lori has discovered a truism: everyone has a great story to tell. All you need to do is listen. Over the years, with all the people Lori has meet previously and daily, both professionally and personally, with