Start by marking “The Aubrey Rules (Chicago on Ice #1)” as Want to Read:
The Aubrey Rules (Chicago on Ice #1)

The Aubrey Rules

(Chicago on Ice #1)

Some of the Aubrey Rules to Live By:

*If I’m going to indulge in French fries, I must add extra time to the treadmill the next day.
*Always keep your work and private life separate.
*Being open to new experiences will never involve eating kale.
*Never, ever date a professional athlete.

For Chicago social media professional Aubrey Paige, the rules are everything. So m
Published August 26th 2015 by Soulmate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Aubrey Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Aubrey Rules

Start your review of The Aubrey Rules (Chicago on Ice #1)
Derna
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

The Aubrey Rules! By Aven Ellis. The first book in the Chicago on Ice Series and is Aubrey Paige and Beckett Riley’s story. Aven Ellis is one of go to author when I looking for a fun easy romance story. I loved that Aubrey had rules and I'm sure we all have rules for different things in life so just like Aubrey here are mine when is come to romance books.

The Derna Rules to live by when reading a good romance book.

#1 It must
Jo ReadsRomance
May 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A five star romance which gave me all the feels!

Why oh why has it taken me so long to get around to reading a book from Aven Ellis? I’m kicking myself right now because this novel exceeded all of my expectations. The Aubrey Rules was such fun to read.
From the moment I first started reading, I had a huge grin on my face. I adored Aubrey & Beckett. They were so damn cute and their story made me light up with happiness. If you are looking for a romance that is an absolute delight to read, this is
Isabell
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Originally posted on Dreaming With Open Eyes

Why did I wait so long to finally start this? Oh yeah, because I'm an idiot. I’m so glad I finally picked up The Aubrey Rules. Aven Ellis is my 'go to' author when I'm in need of a romance and feel good read! She never fails to make me happy. The Aubrey Rules was no exception. I loved this book!

Audrey Paige, main character of this book, likes jotting down rules for her career and love life and use them as a guide to keep her organized. These are her
Diane Lynch
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey-romance
Aven Ellis scores with The Aubrey Rules, first book in the Chicago on Ice Series. Social media professional Aubrey Paige is strict about following her rules. That is until see meets captain of the Chicago Buffaloes Beckett Riley. This contemporary sports romance takes place in Chicago. It is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

I liked Aubrey. I enjoyed her rules and how they are amended. I felt for her having to deal with her boss. I have worked for people like that, it is not fun. Aubrey
Oh goodness. Where do I begin? I guess the writing in this book was OK. It was engaging enough for me to finish, even though I couldn't stand the h, and that's saying a lot. This story wasn't original, but if you're looking for a light, sports romance with a super sweet H, you might like this book.

What I liked:
Beckett. He is the perfect book boyfriend. Good looking without being a total playboy/manwhore. He's famous, has money, and is a genuinely nice person. He's a little socially awkward, but
Sheerie
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A book written by Aven Ellis always puts me in a dilemma, read it straight away or for that down time in your life when you need escapism of a hunk of a man. This book does not disappoint, Beckett is smokin hot without even trying. Aubrey is the lucky lady who ends up falling (in the true sense of the word) for him. Each book leaves me just a little bit more in love with American hockey players, just which one would I choose, I don't know. That's decided then, I will just have to accommodate the ...more
Claudia
This was a nice and fluffy read but somehow was the writing not my thing. It seemed a bit too light for me
Nevertheless I enjoyed the story and the characters. Beckett was really nice and I would have loved to See a bit more of him
Aubrey was funny. I loved her rambling :)

So all in all it was funny and sweet
Nance
Such a funny and sweet story! I just fell in love with both Aubrey and Beckett! They're the perfect couple! She's confident and feisty, and he's shy and awkward. Together they made me laugh. What a feel-good book!

Full review to be written soon...
Simona
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Book provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Oh look! It’s a new Aven Ellis book! Most of you can probably guess that I was really really excited about it. I was lucky enough to Beta read this wonderful book and that has been an awesome experience. Reading the whole story in one go afterwards was just great.

When the story stars Aubrey is all over the place, she is let for a job interview (she is never late), she is nervous and then she also loses her keys. In the elevator someon
Jessica
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, reviewed
4.5/5 stars

Any time I sit down with one of Aven Ellis's books I can always plan on the following: a sweet romance, a swoonworthy hero, a quirky, fun heroine, and a big grin on my face. Her newest book, The Aubrey Rules, is no exception. I completely fell head over hells for Aubrey and Beckett and my heart is still a bit twitterpated just thinking about how precious they were together.

I can always count on Aven's books to make me laugh. I was cracking up from the very first page. Poor Aubrey is a
Courtney
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.75 stars. This book was so adorable, I hope there is a second book with Landy.
Jo
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a book that will leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling, and a smile on your face, then you can't go wrong with an Aven Ellis book.

The Aubrey Rules follows the love life of Aubrey Paige, a Social Media consultant living in Chicago. The title refers to Aubrey's rule book, a book which contains a step by step guide she has come up with to help her through the minefield of dating. Do's and Don'ts, types to stay away from... you get the drift. However rules are made to be brok
All-Things-Books [Whairigail]
Five Rule-Breaking, Yes-Checking Stars

"I've ripped up all my precautions and rules because of you."

Aven Ellis can do no wrong - seriously, she has yet to deliver anything other than five-star, heart-warming, romantic, I-can't-wait-to-read-this novels and this is another which does not disappoint.

Aubrey Paige is a Social Media expert who has recently taken on a job at one of the top firms in Chicago. She is sassy, quirky, clever and has lived her life by her own self made rules.

'When you
Nicole
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
originally posted on www.upallnightbookblog.com

I can't help myself. Really, I can't. There is something about hockey players that makes my heart go pitter-pat. I mean, truly. I don't know if it's my love for the sport or my love for romantic heroes that just happen to be hockey players that gets me all excited. I guess it doesn't matter when the romantic hero comes from a book that Aven Ellis wrote. She can write both VERY well!

The Aubrey Rules is the first book in her new series Chicago on Ice.
Jo Hughes
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Aven Ellis for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

The first thing I will mention is the gorgeous cover, I love all Aven's book covers but I think this is one of the best ones.

This is the first in a brand new series of hockey hero's from Aven, based around the Chicago Buffaloes Ice Hockey Team.

We first meet Aubrey when she is dashing off to an interview, but being a little bit dizzy she is running late and literally runs into a hot hocke
Alba
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on: http://www.albainbookland.com/2015/10...

One of my favourite authors is back with a brand new series about hockey players! Obviously, when Aven Ellis announced she was writing a new series based around the hockey team, the Chicago Buffaloes, I was over the moon. I actually have no idea about ice hockey but thanks to Aven, I’ve learned the basics and the most important part: hockey players are real hotties.

In The Aubrey Rules, we meet the Chicago Buffaloes Captain, Beckett Ri
Jenny
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was exactly what I needed to read.
Sometimes I need to take a step back from the heavy and just read something funny, sweet and touching.

The Aubrey Rules was just that!! If you're looking for a crazy, tongue-loosed, redheaded spitfire and a hot, quiet, shy, smexy hockey player than TA DA!!! Here you go.

This story was perfection and I found myself completely entranced by the happenings of this unexpected, whirlwind romance.

Warning: if you're looking for sex, it's not here. There is mentio
Regina
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute and sweet story, Beckett is a likeable hero (can you ever go wrong with a Canadian hero?), Aubrey is at times a bit... 'annoying' would be too strong, but she'd get on my nerves a bit ('I'm not a size 2'). Though that might just be me. What I liked about her was her no-filter rambling and her relationship with Livy.

Towards the end, I skimmed a bit over all the repetetive mentions of how much they loved each other ("But I love you more." - "No, *I* love you more!" (I paraphrase, but not muc
Sbell
Awww, such a refreshing read. I am so glad that I found this book, and this author. Aubrey and Beckett meet on an elevator, and it is a happy, fun, sweet, ride from there. I loved the strength of Beckett, he is the strong, silent, dorky type. BUT Beckett is enthralled by Aubrey and her ways, and he just doesn't stand a chance. This book had it all, it at times was sweet, funny, hot, loving and just an overall great read. I will be reading more by this author. ...more
Chelsea Baute
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Things I love about this book: everything. Between the likable Aubrey and the swoon-worthy Beckett this book has everything needed for a fun read. I love the way Aven Ellis manages to intertwine characters from her other hockey series. Seriously, so good. I need to find a way to get on Aven's list of "readers to send early copies of books to" because I can't wait for the next book! (Seriously though, Aven, hook a sister up.) ...more
Kierstin Carnahan
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think Ellis couldn't possibly make a more swoon worthy guy than Harry, there's Nate and Niko. When you think she she got it too right with William, there's Beckett. I am a football girl, not a hockey girl but dang, these hockey players are making me more interested in the sport. Beckett and Aubrey and this book are just too perfect for words. I WANT MORE! More! More! ...more
angie
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I love this. :)

It's a cute story with an... wait for it... insecure hero... He's so cute and good bordering on too-good-to-be-true.lol.

I love Aubrey's rule book journal and the notes after,haha. I love the format of this book. The hero and heroine are both cute. The story was light and cute and mushy. I love it. ;)
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved Aubrey and Beckett! Fun hockey romance from start to finish. I laughed out loud at Aubrey's rules and how she changed them to fit her burgeoning relationship with Beckett. I wanted to punch her boss Mallory in the face. I hope we get to dive in to more Landy!!! Well developed main and secondary characters. ...more
Courtney Davis
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love! Such a cute story!

I loved this story and the meaning behind it, how you can’t necessarily have rules for falling in love. You love who you love and nothing goes exactly as planned , but that’s always the best way. I can’t wait to read more from this author! She is writing about love centering around one of my favorite sports and I only really like two! 😁❤️
brightmoonsun
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a light, fun read. I enjoyed the quirkiness of the female MC and the shy, awkwardness of the male MC. They fit as a couple. The author always writes her female heroines with self-esteem issues, which they think about throughout the book. But, in this case, it was tolerable. I wouldn't mind rereading when I'm in the mood for a fluffy romance. ...more
Mary
May 26, 2021 rated it liked it
This book was light, unoriginal, and mostly clean. And these may sound like criticisms but they are not. They make for the perfect mindless read to distract from reality. Reading the description you have an idea of what the author plans to deliver and you get exactly that. A happy, feel good read!
Mary Stockwell
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun -flirty-fantastic

This is a fantastic book. It's fun, flirty, humorous and endearing. Aubrey is a little quirky. Beckett is a big teddy bear tough jock. I love the story and character building.
Merri Cory
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book so much!

I loved the characters and story even though I am not really a hockey fan. This romance was written tastefully and I didn't want it to end. I will definitely find more by this author.
Julie Comins
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

A great start to the Chicago on ice series, I look forward to the rest of the series, I going to love this new Hockey romance series from this Author who is relatively new to me
Jennifer Yuen
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny and cute!

These two are just the cutest! Aubrey and Beckett are really great together. I love the banter throughout.
I love how they bring out the best in each other and accept each other for who they truly are. Can't wait for the rest of the series!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Royally Crushed (Crazy Royal Love, #1)
  • Dating Mr. Darcy (Love Manor, #1)
  • Royally Wild
  • Text Me On Tuesday: All is Fair in Love and Texting ... (An Accidentally in Love Story, #1)
  • The Suite Life (Paradise Bay #3)
  • Faceoff (San Francisco Strikers, #4)
  • Benched Boxed Set (Minnesota Caribou #1)
  • Love in the City
  • Match Penalty (Utah Fury Hockey #2)
  • Love is a Battlefield (Seven Brides for Seven Mothers, #1)
  • Breakout (San Francisco Strikers, #1)
  • Line Change (Utah Fury Hockey #3)
  • Breaking Away (Assassins, #6)
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay, #2)
  • Delay of Game (San Francisco Strikers, #3)
  • The Text God: Text and You Shall Receive ... (An Accidentally in Love Story, #2)
  • The Plan (The Creek Water Series, #3)
  • Briggs (Carolina Reapers, #7)
USA Today bestselling author Aven Ellis began her publishing career in 2013 with her debut release, Connectivity. She currently writes romantic comedies featuring royals, billionaires, aristocrats, and athletes.

Her books are designed to make readers laugh out loud and fall in love. Happily-ever-after endings and good-boy heroes are guaranteed.

Aven lives in the Dallas area with her family. Aven lov

Chicago on Ice (4 books)
  • Trivial Pursuits (Chicago on Ice #2)
  • Save The Date (Chicago on Ice #3)
  • The Bottom Line (Chicago on Ice #4)