Start by marking “Let's Play!” as Want to Read:
Let's Play!

Let's Play!

A brilliant new companion book from the creator of PRESS HERE and MIX IT UP!
It's only a yellow dot...but what a dot it is! Readers won't be able to resist this jaunty, adventurous dot, nor its invitation to play along. Thus begins a spectacular ride of color, motion, shape, and imagination, filled with the artistry and delight that we know and love so well from Press Here
Published March 29th 2016 by Handprint Books / Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Let's Play!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Play!

Emily
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
loved, but it's no PRESS HERE.
Cheryl
May 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Oh dear. "Press Here" is one of my all-time favorites, so I challenged myself to judge on this on its own merits instead of comparing the two books. But still this manages to fall flat, imo. The only one having fun was the dot - I was only its servant. And keeping a finger on the line while flipping the pages is not possible... maybe the book should have been published in accordion format? Or it should not have needed me to keep a finger on the line in order to follow the adventure. 1.5 stars ro ...more
Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee

I love Tullet. His books are creative and colorful and fun to share. They stimulate the imagination and you can use them as the inspiration for an art project and to introduce descriptive language. For very little ones you can use it for hand-eye coordination as your child follows the lines with their finger --even if you need to assist a chubby little hand.

This book is a square, oversized hardback. The pages inside are shiny and slick, which makes it easier to do a little touchup. (I find that
Lois R. Gross
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Since the introduction of Herve Tullet's "Press Here," there have been a myriad of interactive books, but none measures up to the mastery of Tullet. "Let's Play" is another marvelous way to get children to interact with a book. Thus will be a much-demanded reread as children stop, go, flip and fly not to mention having an errant colored dot land on their heads. Lots of learning possibilities here: colors, actions, shapes and magical words like "za-za-zoom." This will be an irresistible read for ...more
Margaux
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Better than Press Here if that's even possible. The yellow dot is bored, and it knows just what to do to fix that little issue: play!
Kathy
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an interactive book suited to toddler and preschool aged children. You are asked to press and follow the dot as it runs, spins, jumps and hides. Simple illustrations and fun text make this a great read aloud for small children.
Review copy received.
Trevor
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought Tullet would have run out of ideas with these interactive books—certainly his imitators haven't come up with much that's fresh—but this was another unique way to get my kids to play with the book. Calvin, in fact, gives it 100 stars!
gina
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
What a fun little book. A little above my 2 year olds head but some of it is easily adaptable to his age and comprehension. We had a lot of fun with it last night! I'll be sad to return it to the library.
Niki Marion
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Love Herve Tullet and his books that start a conversation with kids and get them thinking about how we can use the material book in imaginative ways that sometimes bound right off the page.
Dan
My daughter loved this book today at our local library.
Meredith
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FUN!
Marnie Bimm
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Genres for this class fulfilled by this book: picturebook
Copyright Date: 2016

Estimate of age level of interest: preK-2

Estimate of reading level: 1.4

Brief description: Yellow dot wants to play! This interactive book will make you want to play too, on this finger tracing adventure.

Identify at least 2 characteristics of this genre and subgenre and discuss how they appear in your book: Picture books use text and pictures to create a story, lets play takes this even further and includes reader intera
Nancy
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-study
This book takes you on a journey with a yellow dot and black line. Each page is something unique and you travel to different places. It's another interactive book by Herve Tullet with lots of color.

This was another enjoyable book by Herve Tullet that engaged me and kept me on my toes because I didn't know what was going to happen next. It's different from his other books because in this one I followed the yellow dot on a journey to different places. It's a must read if you have younger children.
Kira Dickson
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Copyright:2016
Number of Pages:Unknown
Book Format: Hardcover
Reading Level: Level M
Genre: Interactive
Lit. Requirement: Interactive #1

Summary:
This book invites you to play along while reading. You just follow the yellow dot and have fun. Just slide your finger across the line.

Response:
At first I was a bit confused but afterwards after reading it a few times I got what to do. It is a fun book to read and will entertain the children, with lines and a single yellow dot. If you want to read this to ch
Trisha Parsons
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
I only read this book with my older 2s because I wasn't sure that my younger 2s would have the self control to sit and wait their turn. My older 2s did a great job. I first explained the rules of being a book helper to avoid chaos, and I let them know that not everyone would get a turn and that's okay. The kids loved coming to be helpers! I planned to only read 2 books instead of our usual 3 because this one takes a while to get through with all the helpers, but they wanted to read another after ...more
Clea Counts
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
As a children's librarian, this is not a book I would recommend for group storytime, only because you might have fifty thousand kids striving to touch the book. It is more appropriate for one-to-one reading time with a child and their parent. I feel like this book is actually more appealing to adults. This is a book I have put on display within my children's section and they neglect to ever pick up.
Christie At The Library
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Herve Tullet's books are always a hoot and a hit for me. While "Press Here" is my favorite, "Let's Play" is another great book from this artistic author. Kids can interact with with book in a way that is totally unique, press and button and on the next page they've made all the dots turn blue, spin in a circle and they've made black swirly circles appear on the page. Just be careful, because this is a book kids will want to read over and over again!
Rich F
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I like the idea of Tullet’s work but this one just felt a little long and didn’t diverge from the same formula as Press Here. I’m sure this is good for his target audience of children who want to physically interact with books, but from a creative standpoint I didn’t feel like it was much more than a repetitious sequel of sorts.
Nicola
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
We read 'Say Zoop' and 'Lets Play' several times in a week. Miss 4 thinks they are wonderful fun!

Miss 4 and I like to explore different books and authors at the library, sometimes around particular topics or themes. We try to get different ones out every week or so; it's fun for both of us to have the variety and to look at a mix of new & favourite authors.
Kelley Mitchell
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
I love the series, but I'm only giving this one three stars because it is sort of limited to reading alone or with one friend. It is so interactive that it is kind of meaningless with more than one child. The instructions are also more complex, which takes away some of the magic
Cheryl
This is a fun, participatory read like Press Here, but I feel it lends itself better to one on one reading child with adult rather than a group read. Still a very clever book which invites children to be part of the story.
Ashley Biles
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-shelf
Tullet, H. (2016) Let's play. San Fransisco, California: Chronicle Books

This would be a great book for very young readers, especially since it is very interactive. As you move your fingers across the pages the dot moves and changes with you.
Aly Rutter
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jonah
One of Jonah's favorites! One he will open up and read to himself.
Zoe's Human
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent choice for early reading interactions. It is brightly colored and each page has a different pointing or tracing task to keep little ones engaged and practicing motor skills.
Kris
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This one felt like he was trying to recapture the magic of Press Here, and the almost-magic of Mix It Up, and he just didn’t quite succeed. The kiddo liked it, though.
Mikel
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of 4 year old’s favorites!
Pam
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Terrific new book by Tullet. This time the colors explore everything they (and the reader) can do.
Kristen Dutkiewicz
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Still a fun book and kept my kindergarteners’ attention but not as magical as the original Press Here.
Karla Winick-Ford
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Hokey.
Kids didn't get into it like don't press the button.
It's just OK

and in kiddie lit, you gotta be great to make the cut
this one needs more work
they ran a series on a shoestring
Debbie
Another fun book for children playing with their imagination. If I hadn't been at work, I'd have shouted ZA ZA ZAZOOMMMM!
  • Me With You
  • Zoom, Rocket, Zoom!
  • I Dream of an Elephant
  • I Used to Be Afraid
  • Black Cat, White Cat
Hervé Tullet is the creator of more than fifty children’s books, including Press Here, which has been translated into twenty-seven languages. He loves to provoke surprise with his books, as well as in the dynamic workshops that he takes part in. He lives in Paris and is celebrated internationally for his playful, inventive, and interactive storytelling.