Start by marking “The Princelings and the Pirates (Princelings of the East, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Princelings and the Pirates (Princelings of the East, #2)

The Princelings and the Pirates

(Princelings of the East #2)

The Princelings of the East is a trilogy relating the adventures of unlikely heroes Fred and George. Two innocents abroad, they solve problems caused by unintended consequences, commercial greed, and blind prejudice—and still find time to engage in troubled love affairs and nearly blow themselves up with their own inventions.

The opening of The Princelings and the Pirates,
Published May 2015 by Blurb (first published January 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Princelings and the Pirates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princelings and the Pirates

Start your review of The Princelings and the Pirates (Princelings of the East, #2)
Rebecca Douglass
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, sf-fantasy
Summary:
Our friends Fred and George of Marsh Castle are back. They've been living with Prince Lupin, and working on the development of strawberry juice power. But a wine shortage has darkened the horizon, and Fred and George join with their old friend Victor to visit Chateau Dimerie and find out what's going on. Along the way, they are pressed into service by pirates, meet a ghost, and are plunged into battle alongside an army that actually knows what it is doing. Fred and George are no soldier
Wendy
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read the first in the series, this felt like being back on familiar territory. I'm growing rather fond of Fred and George, the intrepid guinea pig heroes, who find themselves plunged into another hazardous adventure, complete with swashbuckling pirates and beautiful princesses. As in the first book, the story is narrated in a fun and engaging style and I love the witty chapter sub-headings!
Chris The Story Reading Ape
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
Another great story about the adventures of our furry friends, Fred and George. This time they get a LOT of action with, and against, pirates. Sadly there are some characters we won’t meet again, however, there are some we certainly will.

See my review also at:

and

Anna Tan
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Our Princeling twins, Fred & George, face unexpected swashbuckling adventures in The Princelings and the Pirates. The adventure starts off innocuously enough - the wine from Dimerie has run out and the person that Castle Buckmore originally sent to find out why hasn't returned, so Fred, George, and Victor set out for Castle Dimerie to discover what's wrong. Along the way, they get kidnapped by pirates, meet beautiful princesses, as well as dig out long hidden secrets.

I'm not entirely sure why I
Anna del C. Dye
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again the world of princelings created by Jemima Pett is brought to us by beautiful writing. I love the author’s voice in this tales. The tone of the story makes you feel ancient, in a very good way. The Princelings and the Pirates is a beautiful fairy tale for boys and girls, exquisitely presented to the reader. A masterpiece on its own, this pirate’s tale will delight you to the end.
Princes George and his almost identical twin Fred are out on another quest and adventure in Book Two of th
Chris Meads
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Princeling Trilogy.

Fred and George have come a long way since the first book The Princelings of the East. Fred continues to be deep in thought and George is working on his inventions, especially the one that power will be created using strawberry juice.

The princelings find out that something is happening to the Demeri wine and they are sent out with the friends to find out why. They find out that pirates are going from castle to castle and raiding what ever they ca
Jemima Pett
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The second book of the Princelings trilogy benefits from the author's experience, giving readers a more flowing tale and plenty of excitement. After the all-action prologue we spend a little time re-establishing the main characters and the problem to be solved, and then the adventure takes off, with abductions, storms, rogues, heroes and heroines. Even a ghost!
Not only is a nice story in itself, but it takes us on into the third of the trilogy, leaving threads unravelled and a desire for ulitma
Judy
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Palace intrigue, betrayal, kidnapped by pirates, young love, epic battle scenes, and injuries. This is a

I'm buzzing through this enjoyable series and lovin' it.
Judy
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is a tight, profound, well crafted, well edited (!) book with great character development. It's not scary, but touches on real life situations in a matter-of-fact way without hysteria. Overall story arc is incredible.

I'm buzzing through this enjoyable series and lovin' it.
Victoria Zigler
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent second book for the series. I love the characters, and the plot is exciting and interesting. Like with the first book in this series, I think it could have been even more amazing if the author had used more guinea pig terms rather than people words, such as "cavie" instead of "person" for example. However, since I know this is just something I personally think would have been a nice touch, and not doing so doesn't spoil the story in any way, I'm not going to count her not d ...more
Magain Rumalean
Kristia
Dec 05, 2014
Elizabeth Black
Jan 01, 2015
Great Middle Grad...: 33% off Princelings book 2 until July 1st. 1 6 Jun 01, 2016 11:35AM
Character Interviews 1 1 Jun 08, 2012 06:06AM

• 1853
  • An Ugly Way To Go - and other Quintessentially Quirky Tales: Comic gems with a hint of mischief
  • The Secret of the Island
  • Starship Mine
  • Merlin's Mirror
  • Little Green Men
  • The Mysterious Island (Extraordinary Voyages, #12)
  • Maelstrom
  • The Mystery of Smugglers Cove (The Mystery Series #1)
  • My Sweet Satan
  • The Soho Anarchist (The Hester Lynton Mysteries, #2)
  • Fing
  • Thomas the Rhymer (Jack Hughes Trilogy)
  • Feedback
  • Strangely, I'm Still Here: An Autobiography
  • Explorations: First Contact (Explorations, #2)
  • The Showing
  • Darkness Within: A Collection of Horrorific Short Stories
Jemima Pett has been living in a world of her own for many years. Day-dreaming in class, writing stories since she was eight, drawing maps of fantasy islands with train systems and timetables at ten. Unfortunately no-one wanted a fantasy island designer then, so she tried a few careers, getting great experiences in business, environmental research and social work. She finally got back to building ...more

Princelings of the East (8 books)
  • The Princelings of the East (Princelings of the East, #1)
  • The Princelings and the Lost City (Princelings of the East, #3)
  • The Traveler in Black and White (Princelings of the East, #4)
  • The Talent Seekers (Princelings of the East, #5)
  • Bravo Victor (The Princelings of the East, #6)
  • Willoughby the Narrator (Princelings of the East, #7)
  • The Princelings of the North (The Princelings of the East #8)