Start by marking “Penalty Play (Power Play, #3)” as Want to Read:
Penalty Play (Power Play, #3)

Penalty Play

(Power Play #3)

Fiercely independent Jacqui Polson has no time
ebook
Published August 11th 2015 by Carina Press (first published August 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Penalty Play, please sign up.
Jan Yes you can! I loved this book. Just finished it today!

Start your review of Penalty Play (Power Play, #3)
Ivy Deluca
In the third Power Play book, Minnesota Glaciers’ starting defenseman Henrik Grenick just broke up with his latest girlfriend and cannot stand to be alone, even if he keeps choosing the same kind of empty relationships. He heads out to get strings for his guitar when he meets Jacqui Polson, a music major whose in the eighth year since her cancer went into remission...and she’s due for her next checkup. Both protect their hearts, but what will happen when they finally realize that what they’re ...more
Michelle [Helen Geek]
06/24/2015 --

I really like this series. I think, for me, Henrik is my favorite H of the series. Not sure why. He shouldn't have been. He's one of those people who is always in a relationship. Usually you see this from women, but sometimes men. Henrik is/was one of those men. Can't be alone. Always with someone and usually the wrong someone. You know the type. You roll your eyes when talking about them and the latest "someone" they are with ...

What stood out for me?
1 -- Henrik was just a total
Paige
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oh-so-sweet, arcs, romance
4 "All In" Stars

Penalty Play, the third standalone in the Power Play series, was exactly the breath of fresh air I needed. With steam enough to power a locomotive, an endearing hero who falls hard and fast, and a resilient yet understandably cautious heroine, I was pulled into this story from the first word. Engaging characters and a storyline that strays from the typical, I fell for not only Henrik but Ms. Aicher as well.

Henrik is a professional hockey player with a background of wealth and
Samantha
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Penalty Play gets a soft 4 stars from me. I wanted to fall in love with this story and I didn't but I did like it. Henrik was an unexpected surprise and I liked him quite a bit. Jacqui wasn't all that I had hoped for but she worked well enough to not make me dislike the story.

Henrik is a professional hockey player. He's one of the best defensive players in hockey, actually. What many don't know is he's musically inclined and has a few hidden family secrets. He is smart, passionate, athletic,
Ashley
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
ARC provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.
My favorite part about this book (surprisingly enough) was Henrik. Y'know, I love dominant, cocky guys as much as the next girl but sometimes, it's nice to have a change of pace which was what this book was for me. Henrik wasn't your typical hockey player, he had self doubts, he had insecurities, and oddly enough he was the one who was looking for commitment.

Henrik Grenick, Minnesota Glaciers’ starting defenseman always had candy
Beth
There is one thing Henrik Grenick doesn’t do well…being alone. When his latest fling walks out Henrik knows he yearns for something more.

A chance encounter in a music store brings the fiery Jacqui Polson to Henrik’s attention. She seems to be everything he’s dreamed of in a woman. But Jacqui’s past has made her harden her heart toward a relationship with anyone else. Sure she wants Henrik but can she afford to let him in?

This was a wonderfully endearing and heartfelt story of love. Each person
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Wow, Ms. Aicher just gets better and better in this series. Penalty Play is a deliciously written romance. For hockey lovers, this will make a woman sigh with pleasure and wince in sympathy. Minnesota Glaciers' Henrik Grenick finally receives his own story. Henrik came across more like a pussy whipped jerk in the previous books in this series. When Ms. Aicher exposes Henrik in all his raw glory, I'm stunned into speechlessness.

I really loved Henrik in this book. He is by far my favourite
ARC received for review

I'm sad I was really looking forward to Henrik's story, but this just left something to be desired. There is a nice romance, hot sex, hockey, and family. Jacqui was sweet little Domme, not that she was ever called that. We get to see the other Glacier's plus extra of Hauke and Vanessa (aka Mistress V from Bonds of Courage). V offers to help several times but nothing ever comes of it. I'm still a little confused by Jacqui's age and what happened in her past. It's just not
Maria Rose
This sexy and poignant story, the third in the Power Play hockey romance series, is the story of Henrik and Jacqui. Henrik is an accomplished hockey player with the Minnesota Glaciers, but he has a secret passion, for music. It’s one he hasn’t shared with anyone though, since his younger sister died of a drug overdose that he feels he should have prevented. When he goes into Jacqui’s music store on a whim to pick up another guitar, he is enchanted by the music she is playing, and by her. When ...more
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars. Pretty good read, if uneven in execution. It was nice to see characters from previous stories; but except for the 'issue' of the h; the story wasn't really all that much different from the last book. Henrik was another famous hockey player looking to retire after he met his true love Jacqui, and herl lifestyle and needs didn't mesh with his.

This was one of those cases where I liked the story, but didn't care much for the leads. I found Jacqui a bit pushy, and she whined all through
Jewel Book Lover
I received a copy of the book from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review

I really loved this book. Full of emotions and deep feelings.
Henrik Grenick is the famous hockey player, defeseman for the Minnesota Glacier. Hockey is his hinding spot, the place where to let go his anger after the loss of his sister to overdose. His first love is music, play the piano, but after his sisters's death playing is not an option anymore.

“It was love. The best he'd known and the thing he'd clung to until his
Steph
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warning: if you or a loved one have battled cancer, this book may push some serious emotional buttons. It's rare that I cry over books, especially in the erotic romance genre, but PENALTY PLAY hits way too close to home with Jacqui's struggle with the big "C."

Henrik Grenick, defenseman for the Minnesota Glacier hockey team, is ambivalent after another breakup with yet another woman he couldn't care less about. Hating the quiet of his house and the chaos in his head, Henrick hits a music store
Christi Snow
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
On the surface this is a hockey book...and it definitely has lots of hockey in it. But it's so much more than that. Both the hero and the heroine are musicians...with all the depth and emotion and artistic aura that comes with that and I LOVED that aspect of the story!

And that's why the meeting of these two works so well. Jacqui is in her senior year of college at the age of 25. She also works in the local music store which is where she meets Henrik, although she isn't aware of who he
Tabatha
So the third book in the Power Play series finally hit the mark for me. Admittedly, I was really disappointed in the heroines in the first two books, but this one was much better. Jacqui still had her hangups and liked to run away when things got serious, but I could understand her rational which made it that much easier for me to like her. She was a remarkable character with such strength despite her very real fears that made her react out of preservation for others far too quickly. I loved her ...more
Deborah
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Penalty Play is the third book in Lynda Aicher's Power Play series focusing on the Minnesota Glacier's hockey team. This is Henrik, the starting defensemen's, story. Henrik looks like your typical huge, hunky, babes always around, kind of hockey player. Except, he's not really. Kind of a total contradiction. He's super sweet but can't be alone-always needs a girl on his arm, and unfortunately, they seemed to be the wrong ones. What gives? This guy is smart isn't he? Can't he figure it out?? You ...more
Irene

I really enjoyed Penalty Play!

I was drawn into Henrik and Jacqui story from the first page, the writing was exceptional and I found myself connecting with them both.

Their story touched my heart, they were beautiful and honest people who in the past had suffered pain and loss leaving them insecure and scared of love.

Watching Jacqui struggle with her fears and not wanting to burden Henrik broke my heart. He was such a sweetheart, never once did I doubt his feelings for Jacqui, he was
Lisa
E-ARC provided thanks to Carina Press and Netgalley.

This is my first book by Lynda Aicher and I'd say it won't be my last.

I have read my fair share of hockey-themed books, and I'm quite surprised to find the main character, Henrik isn't quite similar to the other hockey-playing heroes I've read about previously. For starters, he is...not as cocky. He keeps to himself a lot and keeps others at a distance. He is (surprisingly) musically talented, and keeps this a secret from his team. He's
Mary
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Tired of the same old scene, Henrik Grenick finds himself in spellbound in a music store listening to the familiar sounds of The Tempest. He was as intrigued with the person playing the sonata as he was enjoying listening to the music she played. Too bad she didn't seem interested in him.

Jacqui Polson is intrigued by the big guy who came in looking for guitar strings. When he asks her out, she reluctantly agrees.

As she gets
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoy sports romances. Whether they are chick lits or erotic romances, if the hero or the heroine is an athlete or plays professional sports or something of that sort, I always enjoy it. I like it when the main characters have something that they are passionate about. And if they earn money from that passion, then all the better.

To be honest, I haven't read anything from this author before. I
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I have enjoyed the previous two in the series, but this one really worked for me. Movingly, heart-breakingly good. A definite read at home with a tissue box nearby book - and at the same time one which will make you smile and chuckle. We get to see a good range of the Glacier team, and catch up with old friends, but concentrate firmly on Henrik. As the layers peel away, what we find is not what any of his team expect -
Stephanie
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley
4.5 Stars
This book is the best of the series so far! I really enjoyed this book. And although it seems like the typical male player with lots of women / unnoticed girl trope based on the blurb, it really didn't feel that way to me. The two had interesting backgrounds, with difficult experiences. I really enjoyed almost everything about this book - the h, the H, the hockey, the other side characters. If you like sports romance, this is a good series that keeps getting better.

** ARC provided by
Three Chicks
Review by Natasha Gentile

I liked this one, as I am a fan of hockey romances, Henrik was funny and cute and did the job as the lead in the story. Sometimes he was so humorous when he could not figure out Jacqui's motivations for what she was thinking.

Was this a little cliche? Maybe, but I would give it a recommendation for readers to read it.
Jan
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read by Lynda Aicher...to say that it definitely won't be my last is an understatement!!! Lynda not only writes characters that are unbelievably relate-able, but, the flow and depth are thus far unmatched! I strongly encourage anyone to take a chance with her books! Lynda, you have a lifetime fan and reader in me! This book deserves at least 10 stars!
Nicole Jade
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lord this series continues to be perfect. full review has arrived http://randomfandomnerd.blogspot.com/...
Lula Pantoofle
I enjoyed the story of hockey star Henrik and musician Jacqui but not as much as the previous book. I liked the portrayal of Henrik as a closed off, secretive guy. I liked how he evolved. It was a bit schmaltzy for my tastes though. Henrik is scared of being alone, Jacqui has a huge family. Henrick denies his music, Jackqui embraces it. The two combined help heal each other. It’s pretty soft and emotional. It’s not my ultimate favourite kind of read but it was good.

I couldn’t quite marry the
SandyL
After Henrik Grenick's latest girlfriend leaves him because he won't buy her something, he realizes he doesn't have much else in his life except hockey. He hasn't played his music for quite awhile, and when he goes to the music store to buy new guitar strings, he meets Jacqui Polson. She's not anything like the girls he usually dates, but there's something about her that intrigues him. Jacqui is a music student and she is also a cancer survivor. But she's freaked out about her upcoming yearly ...more
TinaMarie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leah Smith
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Linda Aicher is great!

Love Althea hockey books by Linda Aicher. Her books are hot and grab me in my heart. I love her stuff!
Julia
I had a few preconceived notions about Henrik, and boy was I off base. What a lovely, gentle man.
Smut Matters
Heather's review from Smut MattersMinnesota Glaciers’ starting defenseman Henrik Grenick is good at two things: hockey and sex. He’s got it all—the career, the biceps, the babes. But the steady parade of women through his bedroom just leaves him wanting more, hunting for the next distraction. Until he meets Jacqui, who awakens a hunger he never knew he craved.

Fiercely independent Jacqui Polson has no time for the seductive hockey player demanding her attention. More band geek than bimbo, she’s
« previous 1 3 next »

• Making a Play (Hometown Players, #2)
  • On the Surface (In the Zone, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Game On (Hometown Players #6)
  • Across the Line (In the Zone, #2)
  • Romancing the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #5)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Forbidden Puck (Boston Brawlers, #1)
  • Dare Me Tonight (The Knight Brothers, #3)
  • Take Me Down (The Knight Brothers, #2)
  • Out of the Game (In the Zone, #3)
  • Under the Spotlight (In the Zone, #4)
  • Once Upon a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #4)
  • Slap Shot (Aces Hockey #5)
  • Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11)
  • Play to Win (Wynn Hockey, #1)
  • Garrett (Cold Fury Hockey, #2)
I love to read. It's a simple fact that has been true since I discovered the worlds of Judy Blume at the age of ten. After years of weekly travel as a consultant implementing computer software into global companies, I ended my nomadic lifestyle to raise my two children. Now, my imagination is my only limitation on where I can go and my writing lets me escape from the daily duties of being a mom, ...more

Power Play (3 books)
  • Game Play (Power Play, #1)
  • Back in Play (Power Play, #2)