Start by marking “Christmas Spirit” as Want to Read:
Christmas Spirit

Christmas Spirit

Emma Anderson loves Christmas: the lights, the celebrations, and especially her family traditions. She’s also in love with George Landon, her boss at Landon Literary, even though he doesn’t seem to like anyone or anything, including Christmas. But she has a plan to get him to fall in love with her before the end of the year.

Things get complicated when George ends up in a c
Published November 5th 2015 by Landon Literary

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Spirit, please sign up.
Julie Cameron That's a really good question, Katja, thanks for asking... Because this book started out as a screenplay, my original inspiration for George was Georg…moreThat's a really good question, Katja, thanks for asking... Because this book started out as a screenplay, my original inspiration for George was George Clooney (and Emma was Emma Stone). I saw George as a little bit like the Linus Larrabee character in Sabrina. As their story developed more deeply in writing the novel, the characters changed, too, and they started giving me more of their personalities -- the more time I spent with George, and the more I "learned" of his past and how it shaped him as an adult, the more he became his own person outside of anyone I've ever known in my own life. (less)

Start your review of Christmas Spirit
Melissa Stacy
**this review contains spoilers, please beware, thanks**

**spoilers ahead**

The novel "Christmas Spirit" was sold to me as a romance, and the book won the Colorado Romance Writers 2016 Award of Excellence, but there is very little romance to be found in this book. The story is quite chaste, devoid of sexual tension, and reads more like a G-rated YA novel than a romance book for adults.

For readers who enjoy the movie "Sabrina," worship the Disney film "Cinderella," and secretly wish the world could
Katja Mears
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. You can't help falling in love with Emma (and George too)! I loved the whole concept of the story with the ghost of her boss "haunting" her. I really felt the tug at my heart throughout the book, but especially towards the end. The author pleasantly surprised me with the climax of the story and how it came about. The characters are lovable and I can't wait to see what the author puts out next!
Mary G
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading this book. I'm not much of a reader, I think because most books don't keep my attention long enough to want to keep reading, but this one did. It's an easy read and kept me wanting more. I was somewhat sad when I finished, but I can't wait for Julie's next book to be published.
Kme_17
I received this as a first read. This is a sweet read! Definitely will put you in a holiday sprit. I loved the characters especially Emma. I will read more from this author.
Donna Foster
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
* Received book in exchange for my review *

A fun and different type of Christmas story that will put you in the holiday mood.
Tina Newcomb
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Loved this story. It was a fun read about a confused ghost and a woman with determination. The characters were easy to connect with and the story was engaging.
Kate Jonuska
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read romance only a few times a year, treating the genre as a special treat like a bubble bath or massage or another form of self-care, and this summer's romantic-comedy treat was Christmas Spirit by my writer and editor friend Julie Cameron. The Christmas Spirit stars Emma, a highly competent assistant to George, the publisher at Landon Literary and a handsome older gent to whom she's secretly given her heart. When he's in an accident and slips into a coma, Emma finds that she's the only one ...more
Shayla
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I legit had this book for over a year now, and I am just getting around to reading it lol. I mean It is signed by the author and everything. I won it in a group I am in on FB and I am so sad I didn't read this earlier.

I am normally not a romance person, but I will give any book a try honestly. This book had me in tears, and laughing, and even groaning like really woman!

To be a woman that is in love with a man who you don't know and only see a part of him is typical of us. Lol. I mean if we wan
Karen Morrissey
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book successfully revives an old tradition of telling ghost stories at Christmastime. I intend to reread it from time to time.

Emma Anderson loves Christmas and everything about it. Her boss, publisher George Langdon, doesn't. When George gets in an auto accident days before Christmas and ends up comatose in the ICU, his ghost is shocked out of his body. Only Emma can see him.

But the clock is ticking. Emma and ghost George need to discover how to get his spirit back into his body before his
Allison
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: writers-i-know
Christmas Spirit is a festive, light-hearted, comedic romance that any reader can enjoy. As a resident of Colorado, I like all the references to real places and sights in downtown Denver. It was a little slow for me starting out, but it ended up capturing my attention and I liked the little play on itself toward the end (read it and you'll see what I'm talking about). Don't take my little three stars as a negative because is a very cute book. It's just outside my usual genres and couldn't possib ...more
Vera Wilson
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emma loves Christmas, but her boss George don't. He has agreed to have the office decorated this year. She is trying with all her might to get him in a Christmas Spirit. Been working there a couple of years, and has a major crush on him. Amazing some of the things she does to get him to enjoy Christmas. Will this be a special Christmas for both of them?

Not an over long book, but enjoyed it. Would recommend to others.
Stanalei
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story had a slow start, but the promise of more interesting things to come kept me reading. It didn’t disappoint. As soon as George was a ghost, the story really became a lot of fun to read. I enjoyed the interaction between Emma and George and toward then end when it looked like they’d never get together, the author did a wonderful job of wrapping up the story in a fun Christmas bow.
Pamela Sewell
Dec 04, 2015
Hillary
Aug 22, 2015
Julie Cameron
Sep 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Pamela Sanders
Susan
Erlyne
Ted

• Finding Dorothy
Julie Cameron is an award-winning author and screenwriter of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. She sits on the Boards of Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers (RMFW) in Colorado, and Writer’s Guild of Astoria in Oregon. She is a member of Romance Writers of America (RWA), the Rose City Romance Writers Chapter of RWA, Willamette Writers, and Oregon Writers Colony.

As a content editor, writing coach