Start by marking “Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2)

Chasing Stars

(After Eden #2)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  261 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
A love story that spans generations and time continues in this captivating tale that's perfect for fans of A Thousand Pieces of You.

Hunted down by a ruthless "cleaner" from the future, star-crossed lovers Eden and Ryan have been forced to travel a hundred years forward to 2123. Ryan has broken fundamental laws of time for them to be together, and now they face his trial an
Published July 19th 2016 by Bloomsbury U.S.A. Children's Books (first published June 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Stars, please sign up.

Leah
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5*
*Received in exchange for an honest review*

The first thing I did when I neared the end of this book was to tweet Helen Douglas: Was this a duology or was there another book? I was so sad to see that it's a duology. I am not ready to let go of the characters that I encountered in this book. I want to see how characters lives play out. I want to go with them to wherever they go. This series honestly contains the sweetest romance ever. It's one that touched me deeply and
Chiara
A copy of this novel was provided by Bloomsbury Australia in exchange an honest review.

Unfortunately, I was not a big fan of Chasing Stars. I liked its predecessor, After Eden, but the things I really loved about that book were all absent in Chasing Stars.

First of all: nothing really happened. In the first few chapters Ryan is taken into custody because the government of the future thinks he broke a law by going back in time and saving Eden’s life. So all the ‘yay they’re back together’ disappea
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bloomsbury
3.5 Stars
I was actually sad to hear that Chasing Stars is the final book in the After Eden series, making it a duology. It was a far easier read than book one, the storyline moving to Ryan's time with Eden left to navigate his world alone.I found Eden irritating in book one, but without the romance and now that she is on a mission to clear Ryan's name, she's really likable, no one can doubt her determination and tenacity. While Ryan is incarcerated, Eden forms a supportive and loving friendship
Nicole
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chasing Stars is the sequel to After Eden, and the love established in the first book is quickly put to the test by separation, rival love interests, and a powerful foe. The most compelling aspect of the book is the question of whether their love can survive against some really big odds. I found it fairly hard to tell how things were going to work out until the end, and I think others will as well because the cards do seem stacked against Eden and Ryan more often than not. I did think the action ...more
*Sophie*
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, this is such an amazing book an is easy to read whether you have read the first book in the series or not. However, for most of the book the main question going round your head is ‘what is going to happen- to both of them?’ And I was so disappointed by the fact that at the end, it never really answers that question as there is no book after this, just a hanging question. I am only sad about this because I liked the book so much though, and it’s definitely worth reading, if you don’t mi ...more
CJ
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good! Great ending because I can now think exactly what I expected to happen.
Philippa (Tea in the Treetops)
Find this review and others on my blog Tea in the Treetops!

I am so glad I picked up Chasing Stars I really enjoyed this one! The first book was a bit average, there was instalove and it was very much a younger teen novel, I also felt that the ending was rushed and it was a bit unsatisfactory. While book 2 suffered from some of the same issues, I really loved the ending of this sequel - I was completely surprised by it and call me sappy but I truly felt it came together beautifully, so it got a b
Angie
Time travel! Space travel! And dangerous escapes! Chasing Stars has it all! I don't know if I liked it as much as After Eden, but close enough! Eden and Ryan are lying low in 2012 when another cleaner shows up. She's supposedly there for Travis' body, but it's clear that she's watching Ryan also. Of course, she catches Eden alone and uses her to get to Ryan. However, she's not there to kill him. She wants to take him, and Eden, back to 2123 where he belongs, and where she can't slip and tell any ...more
Yolanda Sfetsos
I absolutely loved AFTER EDEN, so I was curious about this book.

Eden and Ryan met while he was trying to stop a friend of hers from discovering a planet, and fell for each other. But when Ryan returned to the future, Eden was killed by a cleaner as a consequence of his failed mission into the past. So he spent months trying to get back in time to stop her death by breaking time travel rules. And he does, but another cleaner follows him back to 2012 to capture him.

All they want is to be together,
LB
This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

I haven't read After Eden in quite some time, so I will a little lost in the beginning. But honestly, it doesn't seem to really take anything away from the story not remembering the predecessor. Ryan returns to the past/Eden's present after returning to his time at the end of the first novel. He is determined to try to save Eden's life when a cleaner from the future comes back and kills her.

But Ryan's interference to save her
Aparajitabasu
Original Link to the review at my blog Le' Grande Codex - here

After Eden, the first book of the duology was in itself a complete story and according to my opinions 'Chasing Stars' wasn't needed at all. But then I saw it on netgalley (this is the e-arc review) and I thought, why not? Lets see where Douglas goes with this because I absolutely loved After Eden. But this finale disappointed me a bit.

Eden and Ryan are separated for majority of the story when another cleaner comes and blackmails
Catherine
Chrissi
I read After Eden quite some time now and for some reason never got around to Chasing Stars. It’s always a worry when it’s been a while since you’ve read the first book in the series. Some sequels jump straight into the action with no recap about what had happened prior to the book. I didn’t feel like Chasing Stars did that. I immediately knew what had gone on and was ready to follow Eden and Ryan once more. Chasing Stars is a decent sequel. It’s not a book that I found overly memorable, but I r ...more
Bethany Miller
Review by: Hannah A. 9th grade
Grade range: 8th grade and up
Genre: Science Fiction
Literary Merit: Good
Characterization: Good
Review:
The planet Eden was never discovered, Earth and the human population have been saved, Orion has returned to his own time, and Eden is safe, or so she thinks. In this sequel to After Eden, Eden has been killed by the time mission’s cleaner and her aunt’s boyfriend, Travis. After hearing news of this Orion returns to 2012 to save Eden and ends up sacrificing his life in
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and Netgalley.)
Ryan is back, and Eden is glad that she isn’t dead, but how long will it be before someone comes back from the future to deal with Ryan, and the fact that he shouldn’t be in 2012?!

This was an okay story, but I lost interest.

Eden once again came across as a little stupid, and she kind-of irritated me at points. She hadn’t even considered that someon
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
Source: bloomsbury via netgalley
Disclaimer: I received this book as an ARC (advanced review copy). I am not paid for this review, and my opinions in this review are mine, and are not effected by the book being free.
3.5 stars (liked it a lot)
I didn't remember the first one so I was very confused until about 4% in. Then I slowly started to get a handle on things... But I knew that I enjoyed the romance and the characters in the first book, so I wanted to stick with it.
Side note: I am also very
Samantha Daly
After reading After Eden last year and enjoying it, I knew I had to get my hands on Chasing Stars and find out what was in store for Eden and Ryan next.

Chasing Stars was a fantastic sequel that I enjoyed just as much as After Eden. Chasing Stars starts off with Eden trying to escape from Travis – who’s trying to kill her – and Ryan travels back in time (illegally) to save her. Eden and Travis find themselves in trouble when someone from the future comes looking for Ryan and brings them both back
Claire
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

*Received in exchange for an honest review - may contain spoilers*

Chasing Stars picks up where After Eden left off, with Ryan saving Eden from her death. It did take me a while to remember the previous story but the beginning chapters recalled my memory of how much I had loved the previous story. The rest of the book focuses on Ryan being arrested for breaking time travel rules and Eden trying to rescue him so they can be together again and enjoy life in Ryan's time.

The
Shreya
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Janice
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-lit
Ryan went back in time to save Eden’s life, and now it’s Eden’s turn to save his. In book two of the After Eden series, Ryan has returned to 2012 to save Eden and risked his own life. Eden will now leave her friends and family and travel 100 years into the future to save his.

Sixteen-year-old Eden knows there will be no going back on this. She will have to decide who is friend and who is foe plus figure out customs, clothing, and more in the future.

It’s always difficult to judge a book in a serie
Jeni
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sequels often worry me, can it life upto the original? Chasing Stars managed to keep me just as hooked as After Eden and leaves me wanting more.
Time travel is such an open playing field with rules that are allowed to be wibbly wobbly. Chasing Stars isn't over the top or locked into any strict laws. The world, technology and characters are engrossing, inviting and enjoyable.
Eden and Orion are back and then back to the future with this seat of your flight suit adventure. There are new sights, new
Jess

*I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK&ANZ)*

Ryan saved Eden's life but a cleaner has been sent from the future to investigate Travis's death. A series of events mean that both Ryan and Eden have to travel to the future where Ryan is put on trial and potentially faces being sent to a prison camp on the moon.

I can't actually decide whether or not I like this book.
Parts of it were sweet but others were ann
Beth Kemp
Chasing Stars by Helen Douglas is the second and final part of the story from After Eden. In this instalment, Eden travels to Ryan’s time, where he is in big trouble for the events of the first book. I really enjoyed getting to see Helen Douglas’s version of the future, and seeing how both Eden and Ryan develop. The new characters introduced – Ryan’s friends, family and other key players in the future – were also interesting and varied. I found the ending a little too open for my taste, but it d ...more
Megan Rosson
I liked the first book of this series well enough, but this one was just boring. The author tried too hard to add excitement that was just too unrealistic. The way Eden has to rescue Ryan is just incredibly unbelievable and over the top. And I find the author's view of the future unimaginative. I had to power through the last third of the book, as it was just convoluted plan after another. I was so annoyed by the end and was relieved when it was done. The first book had an interesting plot at le ...more
Carrie
DNF. I really tried to get into this one, but I just couldn't. Part of it could be that I was told it was book one in a series when I received it. However, in truth it is actually book two. I'm not sure I liked what I read enough to hunt down a copy of the first book so I can figure out what I was missing.
Michelle
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The science was in desperate need of a reviewer and I'm afraid the characters frustrated me ... for being so intellectual they certainly weren't acting very smart in this sequel.
In addition, I think they drank beer or champagne with every meal in the entire book. Was this supposed to make them look sophisticated? It just seemed very unrealistic all the way through.
L.M. Justus
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one - lots of action and time travel stories always fascinate me. I thought it was especially great that everything didn't just magically work its way out - there were all sorts of obstacles and mishaps along the way that kept me guessing. Looking forward to seeing more from this author!
Ashley
Jun 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second book in a series and I have not read the first. I could still follow the story though. Fast past and just enough action and romance. Will I pick the second one up up to read? Yes I will.
Jenna
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was hard for me to get through. I can't say why exactly. Something about it kept annoying the hell out of me. For all the work it took me to get through it, I was disappointed by the ending.
Anya
Jun 05, 2016 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sfff-books
I wasn't all that into After Eden, but I wanted to give Chasing Stars a try. It's interesting that they jump into the future, but I was disappointed that the emphasis is once again much more on the romance than the sci-fi elements, so stopped while I was ahead.
  • Goddess
  • Flirty Dancing (Ladybirds, #1)
  • Whisper the Dead (The Lovegrove Legacy, #2)
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
  • Find Me Where the Water Ends (So Close to You, #3)
  • Emergent (Annex, #2)
  • Vengeance (Fracture, #2)
  • Banished (The Blackhart Legacy, #1)
  • Unravel (Linked, #2)
  • Hidden Among Us (Hidden Among Us #1)
  • City of Halves
  • Eight (The Last Thirteen, #6)
  • Where the Rock Splits the Sky
  • Where Silence Gathers (The Other Plane, #2)
  • Witch Hunt (Witch Finder, #2)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • I Become Shadow

After Eden (2 books)
  • After Eden (After Eden, #1)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Girl I Used to Be
    $7.80 $2.99
  • After the Woods
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)