Start by marking “Skeleton Island (Araminta Spookie, #7)” as Want to Read:
Skeleton Island (Araminta Spookie, #7)

Skeleton Island

(Araminta Spook #7)

Araminta and her best friend Wanda are going on a school trip to Skeleton Island, a place rumored to be the site of a scary ghost shipwreck. And when the pair is stranded overnight, they discover that there might be more truth to the island's name than they would have preferred.

Now some terrifying pirate skeletons are on the loose, and they want to take the girls down to
Published July 26th 2016 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published June 18th 2015)

Start your review of Skeleton Island (Araminta Spookie, #7)
Jen (The Jenerator)
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sage-angie
I give 5 stars to this entire series and also the Septimus Heap series! I love all the books. They are fun and interesting and imaginative. I know I would've loved them as a kid too, but I'm still a big kid! :) These are such fun!
Brittany
I thought this was a nice Halloween storyit is better than the first one in the series that I read. I liked that it just focused on the two girls (the rest of the family is less appealing to me) being trapped on Skeleton Island and the skeleton pirates made me think of Garfields Halloween. There were some flaws but good overall for the kiddos. ...more
Flora Smith
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love this series, I wish there were more of them.
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from Bloomsbury USA Children's Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Skeleton Island: An Araminta Spookie Adventure by Angie Sage is a children's chapter book. It is the seventh in the series and after finishing it, I will definitely be recommending this series for the library.

Araminta Spookie and her best friend Wanda are attending boarding school, Gargoyle Hall. They are still having problems with two other girls, Nosy Nora and Creepy Cora, but nothing they can't handle. When Miss Gargoyle announces that they are going on a fieldtrip to Skeleton Island Araminta
Sharon Tyler
Sep 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Skeleton Island is the seventh book in the Araminta Spookie series by Angie Sage. I have not read the entire series, I have only read book number one, My Haunted House, and book number six, Gargoyle Hall. I think newcomers could catch up quickly, but knowing some of the quirks of the characters beforehand does make the characters easier to understand.

zapkode
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} Araminta and Wanda are still attending Gargoyle Hall and they are getting ready to go on a field trip to a place called Skeleton Island. Araminta is looking forward to this field trip because she has been there before with her Uncle Drac and he had given her a map that is suppose to lead her to a Pirates Treasure. She has only shared this information with Wanda but they both seem interested in meeting some pirates and having fun on their trip.

Once they get to the Island they are
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
I received a free ecopy of this book from Netgalley and Bloomsbury Kids I exchange for an honest review.

Araminta knows that pirates are bad business so she's reluctant to go on the fieldtrip to Skeleton Island but her best friend Wanda thinks it will be great fun. Araminta has been there once before with her Uncle Drac, who told her the story of skeleton pirates. When she and Wanda are left alone on the island overnight, they find that the story is true!

This was a fun little 'spooky' read.
I
Angela
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kidsbooks, library
Really cute, just a tinny bit spooky. Araminta and Wanda have a big, scary adventure and make a new friend. The author is clever to capitalize on many kids' love for pirates. This shows that pirates were not fun and daring but actually cruel and scheming. If not for their new friend Billie the girls would have been literally sunk. There are so many elements that kids will love: being marooned, scary bats, fabulous treasure, an ancient curse, living skeletons, and more. It's a short, quick read ...more
Tammy Wooding
Jun 30, 2016 marked it as books-i-have

When Araminta and her best friend Wanda go on a school trip to Skeleton Island, they don't expect to get stranded there overnight. And they certainly don't expect the island to be haunted by ghostly skeletons of pirates! It certainly makes for a spooky sleepover. Luckily these ghoulish pirates just want someone to help them find their lost treasure, then they'll happily set sail on their ghost ship once more.

But someone else wants the treasure for themselvescan Araminta find what is lurking in

Kathryn John
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There need to be more of these books. I love them!
Tasneem
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Araminta Spook and her side-kick Wanda. Their adventure on Skeleton Island, their treasure hunt and Billie are all so entertaining to read about. Angie Sage is so smart. She makes her characters so natural and beguiling.
Melissa Bugden
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
The I really enjoy Angie Sage and her creativity. I fund her writing easy to read and engaging for children.
Kim
May 23, 2016 marked it as to-read
I enjoyed the book.
S.M.
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vergeleken met het vorige deel vond ik het nogal tegenvallen, maar zaten genoeg leuke dingen in om het 3 sterren te geven.
Geri
Jun 29, 2016
Ellyn
Nov 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • The Dagger in the Desk (Lockwood & Co., #1.5)
  • Mirror, Mirror
  • Whiteout (RedEye)
  • Seven Spiders Spinning (The Hamlet Chronicles, #1)
  • Don't Breathe a Word
  • Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat?: True Stories and Confessions
  • I've Got Sand In All the Wrong Places
  • Six Haunted Hairdos (The Hamlet Chronicles, #2)
  • Heroes: Mortals and Monsters, Quests and Adventures (Stephen Fry's Great Mythology, #2)
  • Shadowhunters and Downworlders: A Mortal Instruments Reader
  • Doll Bones
  • Winter Magic
  • Four Stupid Cupids (The Hamlet Chronicles, #4)
  • Three Rotten Eggs (The Hamlet Chronicles, #5)
  • A Couple of April Fools (The Hamlet Chronicles, #6)
  • I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool
  • Shadow Girl (An Afton Tangler Thriller #2)
Angie Sage (born 1952) is the author of the Septimus Heap series which includes Magyk, Flyte, Physik, Queste, Syren, Darke and Fyre. She also wrote the Todhunter Moon series, and the Magykal Papers, an additional book with extra information about Septimus' world. She is also the illustrator and/or writer of many children's books, and is the new writer of the Araminta Spookie series.

Angie Sage grew

Araminta Spook (7 books)
  • My Haunted House (Araminta Spookie, #1)
  • The Sword in the Grotto (Araminta Spookie, #2)
  • Frognapped (Araminta Spookie, #3)
  • Vampire Brat (Araminta Spookie, #4)
  • Ghostsitters (Araminta Spookie, #5)
  • Gargoyle Hall (Araminta Spookie, #6)

News & Interviews