Start by marking “Sprite Night (Caledonian Sprite short story)” as Want to Read:
Sprite Night (Caledonian Sprite short story)

Sprite Night (Caledonian Sprite short story)

Discover a unique eco-urban fantasy with a touch of romance.
When Scottish water sprite, Cassie, volunteers for an anti-fracking protest, the last thing she expects is to find herself at odds with a druid. But with time running out for the local environment, she can’t afford to be distracted by the handsome hunk of a Highlander.
Intent on a minor act of sabotage, Cassie is t
Published July 29th 2015 by Deborah Jay

To ask other readers questions about Sprite Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sprite Night

Dianne
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, own
Who better to protest fracking than a Scottish water sprite? When the environment is threatened by big business, Cassie takes to the streets in protest. Little did she know a handsome highlander would distract her just enough that she ends up smack in the middle of magical mayhem! If the water is fouled, what will happen to her and others like her in nature? Hey, even a sprite can be ecologically aware, but when it comes to magic, how can she tell who is good and who is evil?

What happens to a wa
D.G. Kaye
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cassie Lake, the loveable sprite is back, and once again finds herself on a mission to save the environment. As Cassie is in search of her lost love, after losing him to the powers of an evil magician in book 1, Desprite Measures, she encounters a potential new mate, or possibly a one night stand while finding herself in the middle of a fracking debacle. Her usual good instincts seem to lead Cassie astray while trying to decipher who is evil and who is good. I'm not going to leave a spoiler aler ...more
Patricia Walker
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant short prequel to a series that introduces us to the central character - a water sprite disguised as a human woman. The story, set in Scotland, takes us through a protest to stop a fracking enterprise starting up and introduces us to a druid and a black magician.

In a seemingly simple story a complex plot is woven around these three beings until the surprising conclusion is unleashed.

This is definitely a very interesting story and certainly tempts a reader into the series prop
Melanie P. Smith
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Fun, quick read.
This is a simple, short story that grabs your attention from the first paragraph. Cassie is a sprite and although I haven’t read the first book in this series, Desprite Measures, I didn’t have any problem following along with the story, plot and character traits of those involved. Cassie has taken a human form in an attempt to find her lost boyfriend. She finds herself involved in a heated protest over fracking – something she has a vested interest in as the process will destroy
Andy Peloquin
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
While this book was not my style at all, I'd have to say that I enjoyed it. I'm not much for romance, but I couldn't stop reading through the story until it was done.
It's a simple short story, one with just enough detail to make you want to find out more about the main character, Cassie. I believe it serves as an intro/prequel to Book 1 of the Caledonian Sprite series, and it definitely had me interested to know more. It had a good "hook" for the series.
There were only a few things I found off-p
Deborah Bowman
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute and feisty elemental water sprite, Cassie Lake, helps solve a very modern dilemna

Cassie has lived forever. She is immortal. While searching for her previous lover, she and a handsome druid, Duncan McIntyre, save a wee Scottish village from the devastation of chemical technology. All is not as it seems, however. The pictures and history links of the geographical area and single malts were a wonderful bonus! Deborah Jay's Caledonian Sprite series is delightful in every way!
Aly
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a quick, good read for me. I enjoyed the Cassie, the water sprite, and the story line was engaging to me as well. I do so love the supernatural! This book grabbed my attention right away. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Barbara
Aug 20, 2018
kate mcelligott
Jun 27, 2017
Deborah
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Cheryl
Nov 20, 2017
Janine
Jan 08, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick read that gave enough insight into the character of the water elemental protagonist to keep me reading until the story was finished and whetted my appetite to read more of her adventures. Well written
Katie Houston
Diana
Jan 25, 2017
Julianne
Jan 31, 2017
Deborah Jay writes fast-paced fantasy adventures featuring quirky characters and multi-layered plots – just what she likes to read.
Living mostly on the UK South coast, she has already invested in her ultimate retirement plan – a farmhouse in the majestic, mystery-filled Scottish Highlands where she retreats to write when she can find time. Her taste for the good things in life is kept in check by